Author Topic: Kranks Log  (Read 170623 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Kranks Log
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
animal,,,

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 10:11:46 PM »
Here is a pic from yesterday at Mom's house (before any smart ass comments about bathroom decor..lol).  Pellius is calling me a fat ass...looks like I need to hit the gym a little more (and then the tanning bed 3x a day)

No you don't need to tan.  Wrinkle free skin with firm elascitiy (excuse spelling) is way more appealing than leathery sun damaged skin. 
Hope you don't mind me having a peek in your training journal but I got curious.  And I like the variation of training/exercises you have in here.  I can learn a few things from it.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 06:26:39 AM »
A good log Mr Krankenstein... have u competed before ?

Yes.  I was a WNBF pro.  Competed bodybuilding for 20+yrs.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 09:33:46 AM »
No you don't need to tan.  Wrinkle free skin with firm elascitiy (excuse spelling) is way more appealing than leathery sun damaged skin. 
Hope you don't mind me having a peek in your training journal but I got curious.  And I like the variation of training/exercises you have in here.  I can learn a few things from it.

Not for anything, but theres nothing really to learn.  I am just doing whats up on the board when I come into the gym.  Have never felt so humbled as I do when I get done with a workout.  My legs are sore as hell today.  In about 45 mins I am off to my gym to see what hell will befall me today. 

I will be the first to admit that I ripped on the cross fit thing...but in all seriousness its not a whole lot different than the philosophy of something like the WSM.  Both kick your ass.  I am just too old and beat up to do the WSM stuff

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
i do still traditional break up body parts,,heavy relative to me weight ,low and hi rep training,some drops,some supersets ,,depends on day/feel.i have great energy and like urself follow good eat plan with some dirt foods,,it helps with not totally losing it condition wise,,we both agree 40 plus means abs all yr or close to it with dropping some water if needed.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »
Today I was introduced to a what is called a FRAN workout.  This is what was done:

A) Thruster (remember, front squat to over head press) - 95#
B) Wide pullups (done with the kip)

Do this in the 21 - 15 - 9 format (21 of A, then B, 15 of A then B, 9 of A then B)

I completed it in 8:09.  SLOW AS FUCK.  Legs dead from yesterday...I was torched.  Took me about 15 mins to recover.  Can not wait to see what is in store for me tomorrow.  Saturday hell!!!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »
10/6

AMRAP - 30 mins

1) 10 TRX suspended pushups
2) 10 TRX suspended rows
3) 15 Prisoner squats (hands behind neck, clasped, eyes straight ahead, elbows out wide)
4) 5 explosive pushups (hands must come off ground)
5) 5 1-arm DB squats
6) 30 sec hold pushups (90 degree bend in arms)
7) 30 sec hold squats (with dumbell - knees at 90 degree)
8) 5 pull ups (non-kip)

Wasn't too bad, finished 8 rounds and got all the way through the #6  

I think I strained my AC joint on the kip pull ups from Friday.  I am icing my shoulders and elbows today (sunday) while drowning my sorrows about the Packers game (fuck me)

Cheat Day:

1) 5C Sugar corn pops + 2 pop tarts
2) 1C pancake mix [[ 1/3C (each) of white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips]] + 5 strips bacon
3) 3 Brats (with buns) and 4 oz potato chips
4) 1lb M&M
5) 8 costco chocolate chip cookies
6) 12oz Moose Track Ice Cream
7) 6oz Dark Chocolate M&M (gotta keep it healthy yo)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »
Well, I found that I could put a lot more in me yesterday if I didn't go with the pizza.  I wonder if the dairy (cheese) was causing the issues.

ANYWAY....today was this;

10/8

"Elizabeth"

21-15-9

Cleans (95#)
Dips (bodyweight)

I did it in 3:22  The dips are nothing.  Funny thing is that the first 21 are nothing, the 15 is what destroys you.

THEN I did this:

200Lb Prowler push (50yd)
300# Tire flip (5x)
Rope Pull (machine...as mentioned in previous post.  Level 7) for 30 secs.

Do that 8x.  I outlasted a 20yo kid who played football for a few years.  I was happy.  This does NOT imply I wasn't sucking wind for a few times.  I have to say the last tire flip was almost as easy as the first round.  The first 25yds of the prowler were fast (like 2nd/3rd round fast)...but the last 25yds were PAINFULLY slow.  The rope for the last 30 secs took FOREVER!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2012, 07:11:11 PM »
nice,,,chaos would like these workouts i think...

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »
Cross fit training has really taken off in Australia too. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2012, 10:31:11 PM »
10/9

Had to take it easy as some old injuries/pains resurfaced.  Will get into more tomorrow possibly.  This was workout :

Squats 135#
Machine Leg Press 300#
Hack Squat (forgot weight - but do them with explosive push out of hole)
20# Ball to floor
45lb plate Good Mornings
10# Wall ball (squat then ball from chest to wall)

Each station 30sec continuous then 20 sec. rest

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2012, 10:33:15 PM »
10/10

"Active Rest"

3000M Row - 14:22 (almost 3 mins off my time from last week).  I kept 40s/min

5 Rounds of :
30sec Ball planks (feet supported on bench, elbows on physioball)
30sec BOSU pushups
30sec Crunches feet on physioball
5 Hand stand pushups (did NOT Feel great...again, will explain tomorrow when I get my MRI results)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2012, 06:01:53 AM »
10/11

Today was a beat down of sorts.  I am reading up on all the "named" workouts for crossfit.  Some you look at and say "naw, that would not be too hard".  Today was one of them.  We did "angie".  A little modified though.  The "real" angie workout is this :

100 Pull-ups (kipping style from what I have read)
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups (bringing knees to chest)
100 Squats

All, one after one another.

Today we changed it up to be like this : you still do one exercise fully before another, but instead of doing as many as you can, stopping, then continuing, you did as many as you can then pushed a prowler 50yds.  This was how it broke down:

100 Pull-ups : 20, 8, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 6, 6, 7, 7, 5
 + 150# on prowler

100 Push-ups : 35, 20, 15, 15, 15
 + 100# on prowler

100 Sit-ups : 35, 20, 15, 15, 15
 + 100# on prowler

100 Squats : 50, 50
 + 100# on prowler

When you finish your 100 reps, you go to the next exercise, you dont do a prowler.  Some of the reps on the pulls are higher/then lower because there was other people with and we had to change the weight.  Also, I would fluctuate between doing them with not enough kip and too much trying to muscle them up.

The squats were only with a PVC pipe as I am trying to learn the powerlifting (low on back) form.  You would think that no weight is easy...the legs were burning...plus I got dizzy.  I realized I had been holding my breath because I was focusing on the form so much. 

My cheat meal was just a cheese burger with chips but then I had 3 Costco Chocolate chip cookies and two rows of Candy Corn Oreos (pretty good shit!!!!)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2012, 11:58:10 AM »
10/12

Test of the ol' endurance (physical and mental)

You go down in order, then come back up (i.e. Ex #1 through #7, then #6 back to #1)

1) 60 Pushups
2) 50 TRX Rows
3) 40 Squats (just olympic bar)
4) 30 Double crunches (bring elbows to knees)
5) 20 Dips
6) 10 Box jumps (we did 18" box)
7) 5 Burpee Plus (do a push up on the bottom)

I finished in 15:40.  You want an arm pump...this did it.  I couldn't straighten or bend my arms beyond 45 degrees.  You dont move to the next exercise until you finish your reps.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2012, 12:00:45 PM »
10/13

Today was a modified "Linda".  The 'real' linda is this:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps :

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight (I would be using about 300 lbs)
Bench press: body weight (I would be using about 205 lbs)
Clean: 3/4 body weight (I would be using about 150lbs)

Today it was just "lets initiate you" type of thing.  I did :

Deadlift : 185lb
Bench : 135lb
Clean : 95lb

I finished in 13:40  Not bad, I want to try the real deal very soon. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »
interesting stuff,,your getting into this ,,,workouts seem grueling,,,

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2012, 02:36:19 PM »
I am kind of getting into it.  I see some numbers posted by guy 15 - 20 yrs younger and I am impressed.  I remember the days!  LOL.  I was still amped up so I went back to the gym.  One of the things they do is a Deadlift 5x5 for total weight.  If you don't get 5 reps you are supposed to lower the weight.  Some guy got 12K for his total.  Sooooo being the dumbass I am, I figured I would try and do something close...here is what I just got back from :

365lbs 5x5 = 9,125lbs (could have probably done 405)

** Just looked at a Crossfit Website where people log their workouts and compare to other people across the country.  I am 5th out of 161 for my weight class (no idea on age though)

400M row machine - 1:26 (averaged 57 s/min)

Practiced some kipping pullups.  Managed to do two of them the way you are supposed to do (and not muscling them up)

Now, I am going to take two alieve and a then head for a nap.  LOL

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »
10/15

OK, this one SUCKED.  Not because it was really all that hard, but because I can not seem to get the hang of the damn kipping pullups.  This workout gave a HUGE shoulder, bicep, and tricep pump.  Give it a shot for some cardio some time.

"Barbara"

5 Rounds of :
20 Pullups
30 Pushups
40 Crunches
50 Bodyweight squats

Rest 3 minutes between rounds.  You are doing this for time.  I completed it all in 34:22 (including rest time)

With round #3, you are breathing like a mother fucker and the crunches are a BITCH.  Plus, I only had two real good shits before going into the workout.  I didn't have that "empty" feeling to the gut.  About an hour later I still hadn't fully recovered but I got an overwhelming sense of wanting to puke.  Was awesome!!  LOL

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2012, 05:29:22 AM »
10/16

I do believe I am getting a little sick of these kipping pullups.  Can not get into the grove so as not to involve my arms that much.  Today was the workout named "Mary" but modified.  The actual one has no running and you do AMRAP in 20 mins.  Today was this :

30mins AMRAP

5 Handstand Push ups
10 Pistol Squats - 5/leg (basically a 1-leg squat with the 'off the ground leg' straight out in front of you.....FUCK ME)
15 Pull ups
125 Sprint

I managed 8 rounds.  I had 5 second to "spare" but said fuck it.  This morning (10/17) my biceps are more sore than most of the arm workouts I have done.  Good feeling.  The Alieve is helping, thats for sure.

Last week Tuesday I had an MRI done on my left elbow and left shoulder.  Both elbows have been giving me a ton of problems for the last year.  I have had to scale back on my bicep workouts because of it.  I was doing 115 - 120 on bar curls for 6 - 8, and as of August I was down to using 80 - 85 because I just couldn't take the pain I was getting.  I switched to more high rep just so that I could at least get some work done.  I dropped the exercise amount all the way back to 2 exercises.  The Good/Bad news here on the MRI - normal elbow.  WTF??

With the shoulder, I had a tear in the supraspinatus tendon last year (nice 12mm tear).  Well, some pain crept up again along with some pain at the AC joint.  Well, the MRI showed no tear (good news), but degenerative changed at the AC joint, tendonosis of the spuraspinatus tendon (fuck me), a suncortical cyst at the greater tuberocity (having that looked at soon), and a couple of other minor things.  Soooo just talking with an MD friend he suggested the Alieve 2x/day.

So far so good...now I have to see what I can do about these knees.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2012, 05:40:35 PM »
10/17

Active rest today...nothing spectacular.  I actually let myself sleep in till 7am today.  I forced myself to go to bed early last night.  Not so bad.  I am checking out some of the things on the tracking website and decided to see what I could set my times as...

500m Row - 1:53 (came out fast for first 250m, but gassed out quickly)

1000m Row - 4:03 (kept going after the 500m row.  HORRIBLE times)

I SUCK at front squats...and knew I shouldn't try anything with them today, but decided to see what I could get.  I managed a 300lb front squat for 1rm.  What a dumb ass because my left knee at patellar tendon has been hurting ever since.  Should have not jumped from 275 to 300 like that.

Left the gym right after.  Didn't want to push it.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2012, 06:02:51 PM »
That's not really rest Krank.  Hope your knee feels better as the day progresses. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »
That's not really rest Krank.  Hope your knee feels better as the day progresses. 

It was as much rest as I could do....trust me, I will get my ass busted by my buddy who is coaching me on all of this. Tuesday I tore a nice nickle-sized piece of skin off the palm of my right hand.  Can't wait to see how it will feel tomorrow with the shit we will be doing (which is always a surprise)

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2012, 11:50:24 PM »
It was as much rest as I could do....trust me, I will get my ass busted by my buddy who is coaching me on all of this. Tuesday I tore a nice nickle-sized piece of skin off the palm of my right hand.  Can't wait to see how it will feel tomorrow with the shit we will be doing (which is always a surprise)
Don't let him tear into you too much, remember you have to think long term and not do anything silly regarding any existing injuries.  Yeah your hand will hurt more tomorrow especially if you are sweating (it burns). 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2012, 05:34:10 AM »
Don't let him tear into you too much, remember you have to think long term and not do anything silly regarding any existing injuries.  Yeah your hand will hurt more tomorrow especially if you are sweating (it burns). 

Years and years of gymnastics has 'conditioned' me.  I can literally put hand sanitizer on my hands with something like that and it doesn't hurt that much.

As far as tear into me...its more in jest, but there is somewhat of a 'I deserve it' type of thing.