Author Topic: Kranks Log  (Read 170583 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: Kranks Log
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2012, 10:51:14 AM »
10/18

This one has officially kicked my ass.  Its called "Fight Gone Bad".  When you see it, you will think its nothing.  We had to modify it because of equipment.

Here is the original:

Three rounds of:

• Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
  • Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
  • Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
  • Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
  • Row (Calories)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

So, basically you are doing 5 mins straight of work, then you rest for a minute.  We had to modify it because we don't have a rowing machine at the gym.  So the row was replaced with a stationary bike for 1 min for 80rpm.  No points.  Also, we did 5 rounds, not three.

During the last round of the push presses I almost threw up; twice.  It took me about 10 mins to recover.  With the sumo-high pull, I have never gotten such a great trap/shoulder pump.  Normally upright rows kick the shit out of my shoulders - in a bad way!  This did not.  You would think that the 75lbs is nothing....until you do it.  I HAVE to eat something right now as my blood sugar is seriously crashing.  I have said this before.  I have bagged on this shit for a long time, but I love the way you feel after.  You are competing against yourself, way more than with bodybuilding (in my opinion).  I think that this may be something to incorporate into someone's contest prep on a day where you aren't training and have to some sort of interval training.  Beats the shit out of 40secs fast/20 secs slow on a bike/treadmill/stairs.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »
Years and years of gymnastics has 'conditioned' me.  I can literally put hand sanitizer on my hands with something like that and it doesn't hurt that much.

As far as tear into me...its more in jest, but there is somewhat of a 'I deserve it' type of thing.
I didn't know you had done gymnastics, that's very interesting.  Yes your hands will be tough and conditoned to that kind of wear and tear. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
I didn't know you had done gymnastics, that's very interesting.  Yes your hands will be tough and conditoned to that kind of wear and tear. 

You couldn't say "coach, I have some skin thats ripped...can I skip practice?"  I am sure the response would have been "Sure, take the next couple weeks off and spend some time on the cheerleading team"

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2012, 06:49:12 PM »
You couldn't say "coach, I have some skin thats ripped...can I skip practice?"  I am sure the response would have been "Sure, take the next couple weeks off and spend some time on the cheerleading team"
Haha  Yeah I guess that wouldn't go down well with your coach.  It does sound sissy.   ;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2012, 12:31:17 PM »
10/19

Filthy Fifty....

50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

For time....I got 23:18 

This was made hard because I did something to my left knee that I am fearing is a possible tear of the ACL.  I know its not complete tear, but it does feel a tad unstable.  There is more pain around the top of the patella, so possibly just a strain of the patellar tendon.  That would be a better outcome.  Funny thing, the injury did not happen due to a crossfit thing.   More of stupidity on my part.  Guess I will be talking my MRI place into another comp film series on me.

I would welcome anyone to try some of this.  I was out of breath by the 3rd exercise.  The jumping pullups are just that.  You jump up, do a pullup, then drop...in one motion.  The box jumps right into that SUCKED.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2012, 07:44:15 PM »
That programme would be a killer.  Doing 50 reps per exercise one after the other would be torture.  I did a programme once which was 80 reps per exercise one after the other with no rest and then 30 mins cardio on the treadmill and then a repeat of the programme and I honestly hated it and wanted to murder anyone who even looked at me in the gym.  I could only get about 50 reps btw.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2012, 10:21:26 PM »
10/20

Did a little Tabata intervals today

This was modified and expanded from a Crossfit workout.  Had to take it easy because the results of the MRI were not in (even though I asked them to do a STAT reading).

20 Seconds of work with 10 seconds rest (1 set).  Perform 8 sets of each exercise.  Finish all sets of one exercise before moving on to next exercise.  In between each exercise you rest 1 min.

• Bodyweight squats
  • TRX 45 deg row
  • Pull ups
  • Knees to elbows crunches
  • Push ups (hands tight to body like you are powerlifting benching

I realized midway through it I was supposed to be counting all my reps.  SHIT.  This is one I could probably repeat tomorrow (cheat day).  I was supposed to use the rowing machine instead of TRX row anyway.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »
10/21

Cheat Day:

• Usual cereal + poptarts
  • pankcake muffins filled with nutella (holy shit they were awesome) + bacon
  • Freshetta brick-oven 3-meat pizza
  • 24oz m&m's + 5oz Red Vines
  • 10oz double cheeseburger on pretzel bun + kettle cooked chips
  • 12oz chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
  • Microwave popcorn + reeses pieces

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »
10/22

Waiting for MRI of knee, so the workout was not going to be too taxing.

20 Mins AMRAP

5 Kipping pullups (looked at videos of them a lot last night)
10 Chest to desk pushups
15 bodyweight squats
5 Hand stand pushups

I managed 10 rounds + one set of pullups.  The HSPU truly SUCKED.  I am used to doing them on parallel bars.  Doing them on the floor is not easy.

This afternoon I got the MRI of the knee.  All I can say is WTF???  Practically a normal knee.  Possible myxoid degeneration of the meniscus or meniscus contusion.  Mild lateral tilting of the patella with no chondromalacia patella.  So little wrong with so much pain.  Honestly can't make heads or tails of it.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »
10/23

Ok, this one is one I have never seen listed on the CF websites (either that or I am just fucking blind).  It was actually interesting to see how much better I was at running and some of the things like the pullups, the KB swings, and the burpees.  I have been reading a lot on the best form for those things and it helped.  So, without further hesitation....I give you:

Lumberjack 20

20 Deadlifts (275#)
200M Run

20 Kettlebell swings (used a 55lb DB)
200M Run

20 Overhead Squats (95# - should have been 115#, but my form sucked)
200M Run

20 Burpees
200 Run

20 Kipping Pullups
200M Run

20 Box Jumps (24" box)
200M Run

20 DB Squat Cleans (45#)
200M Run

Finished in 28:22.   The deadlifts took all of 45 seconds.  LOL.  My buddy who owns the gym was like "Well, technically that should have taken a tad longer..."  Deads are so easy for me.  I started doing them late in my 'career'. 

I went to lunch with a friend to a brazillian steak house.  I am actually still a little full.  Just had a can of tuna (with 2TBL miracle whip light) and about 8oz of broccoli.  I am going to sleep so well tonight.  I would love for someone to try the above workout and see how they do.  It SMOKED me.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2012, 07:59:02 PM »
insane dude,,,hope ur knee heals up...

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2012, 08:05:05 PM »

Thats the thing...there really isn't anything to heal up.  I am going to talk to a friend of mine who is an ortho and see what he thinks.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2012, 06:47:55 AM »
I hope you get your knee sorted out Krank. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
I hope you get your knee sorted out Krank.  

Talked with him...he said its not as bad as many make it out to be.  The only thing he said he would do would be to do an mri study with the knee in some sort of flexion (which I have always wondered why they dont do that) to potentially show minor tears.

There is minimal 'pressure' feeling in it as of today.  I did a somewhat active rest today.  My 500M and 1000M times got SLOWER.  Shit on me!!!!!  The damn foot straps are constantly coming loose.  Damn!!!

I did do a 5x5 total load bench press today.  I really hate benching because of my previous pec tear.  Total weight was 6,075lbs.  I rest about 2 mins or so between sets.  That averages out to about a 245lb bench for the 5x5.  Not too shabby for a guy who has benched like 10 times in the last 5 yrs....but could be better.  I also was doing the powerlifting form which I am FAR from comfortable with.  The whole arms at 45deg and bringing down lower on chest...how do guys do that??

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »
10/25

"FML".  Yep, thats exactly what I said after doing this.

400m run

50 Thrusters (45#)

400m run

50 Rocket Burpees (I literally could not jump higher than 2" after 30 of them)

400m run

50 Snatch squats (45#)

400m run

Time : 27:17

I did not stop sweating for about 30 mins.  My running SUCKS.  I am working on getting myself a Concept2 Rower for my house.  I need to find someone who will trade me for a Star Trac recumbent bike.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »
10/26

FML x 2

AMRAP in 30 mins

10 Push Press (95#)
10 Pullups
10 Pushups
50ft Rope Climb

I had to stop after 11 rounds because of the fact that my hands got tore up.  Didn't matter much, I only had about 1:30 left.  I felt this go on the push presses.  Reminds me of my old gymnastic days.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2012, 02:51:02 PM »
10/27

Morning workout:

8 Rounds of 30 secs each with 30 sec. break in between each set:

150# prowler PULL (damn wish it had been push)
Level 5 rope pulls
315# deadlift
15LB wall ball (squat w/ ball throw up to 10ft)

Went home...played with dogs...was too amped up to do anything, so I went to my gym and did the following....

500M Row
30 Bodyweight (205#) bench press
1000M Row
20 Bodyweight bench press
2000M Row
10 Bodyweight bench press

Finished in 26:00....SMOKED...would probably been less had I not have to load plates before and after benching and not wait for a bit for the benches.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »
Hey, interesting log - with real training.
Always imagined you as a booze/motorbike dude.  ;D
When did you start with gymnastics?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »
Hey, interesting log - with real training.
Always imagined you as a booze/motorbike dude.  ;D
When did you start with gymnastics?

HA HA...biker dude.  Why is that?  Closest I have gotten to that was when I had a gf leave me for some guy who was a Harley man.

I was a gymnast WAYYYYYYY back in my school days.  We are talking 83 - 86.  I did not have the shoulders for it, nor was I short enough.  5 '9 - 10 is NOT advantageous for a gymnast.  Plus I never did the gymnastic schools. So, I was vault, floor, little bit of parallel bars and pommel horse.  Rings and high bar were killers for me.

Was funny with todays morning one.  Even with the rips in the hands I did some finger-tipping with the bar.  There were no wraps, no belt, nothing.  The 30 seconds goes by fast...so I made sure I ripped 3 out in about 18 - 20 secs.  Took a few breaths, then dug in for the last two.  After the sled pull, your hamstrings are fucked.  No drive after 1st set.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »
cool stuff,,,how long are u going to follow this?are u going to go back to usual training splits,day's ,exercise per muscle group?

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »
Talked with him...he said its not as bad as many make it out to be.  The only thing he said he would do would be to do an mri study with the knee in some sort of flexion (which I have always wondered why they dont do that) to potentially show minor tears.

There is minimal 'pressure' feeling in it as of today.  I did a somewhat active rest today.  My 500M and 1000M times got SLOWER.  Shit on me!!!!!  The damn foot straps are constantly coming loose.  Damn!!!

I did do a 5x5 total load bench press today.  I really hate benching because of my previous pec tear.  Total weight was 6,075lbs.  I rest about 2 mins or so between sets.  That averages out to about a 245lb bench for the 5x5.  Not too shabby for a guy who has benched like 10 times in the last 5 yrs....but could be better.  I also was doing the powerlifting form which I am FAR from comfortable with.  The whole arms at 45deg and bringing down lower on chest...how do guys do that??
You don't have rest days Krank.    :)  Glad your knee isn't feeling too bad and yes get the mri with the knee in flexion.  It's not as bad as he put it because he's not the one wearing the knee. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
cool stuff,,,how long are u going to follow this?are u going to go back to usual training splits,day's ,exercise per muscle group?

In the next few weeks we are going to lay out a protocol where I will probably do the "circuited" workouts like the afternoon one was 2 days a week, and then 3 days will have stuff I do broken into three categories : power, gymnastics, endurance.  Still in planning stages though

You don't have rest days Krank.    :)  Glad your knee isn't feeling too bad and yes get the mri with the knee in flexion.  It's not as bad as he put it because he's not the one wearing the knee. 

Yeah...my Sundays are.  My wednesdays are active rest days...so I don't push myself like I do on other days.  I am not sure I will do the knee for a while.  Thats three MRI's in the space of two weeks.  I am doing well with the Alieve, so lets just keep fingers crossed.  Am going to start getting up about 20 mins earlier so that I can do my foam roller, some stretching, and some shoulder work a few times a week.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2012, 07:56:35 PM »
Fingers crossed the alieve continues to help with your knee.  Sounds like it will be a good programme.  I look forward to seeing what you put in place. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »
Fingers crossed the alieve continues to help with your knee.  Sounds like it will be a good programme.  I look forward to seeing what you put in place. 

Well, the alieve will be used highly tonight.  After doing all I did on Saturday....todays workout was a fuck fest for the body...

10/29

"Modified" Linda

225# Squats
185# Bench
315# Deadlift

Do a descending ladder (10 down to 1) for time.

I finished in 20:59.  My low back is JACKED right now.  The hard part is reps 10 - 6.  After that you are exhausted by you know the reps are minimal.  I am sitting here and my knees are aching like a mother fucker.  I am going to actually have a bunch of M&M's tonight to sooth the body

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2012, 04:43:13 PM »
Well, the alieve will be used highly tonight.  After doing all I did on Saturday....todays workout was a fuck fest for the body...

10/29

"Modified" Linda

225# Squats
185# Bench
315# Deadlift

Do a descending ladder (10 down to 1) for time.

I finished in 20:59.  My low back is JACKED right now.  The hard part is reps 10 - 6.  After that you are exhausted by you know the reps are minimal.  I am sitting here and my knees are aching like a mother fucker.  I am going to actually have a bunch of M&M's tonight to sooth the body
I would say you more than earned the M&M's.  Would a soak in the bath sooth your knees a little?