Author Topic: Kranks Log  (Read 171165 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: Kranks Log
« Reply #375 on: July 20, 2013, 04:40:27 AM »
The swimming would have been more enjoyable to do in that humidity, as opposed to your training in the gym.  Don't worry too much Krank about missing some training.  It would have done more good than harm since you need your achilles and heel to fully recover.

I am too much of a pansy to swim outside.  I went to a Lifetime Fitness and felt their outside pool (remember, this was in Phoenix...in July...outside temp of 108).  Shit was too cold for me.  Swam inside.  I have been rolling the hell out of my calves and achilles and its made a difference in the left, but not the right.  I have an appointment with a friend who is a podiatrist next week. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #376 on: July 20, 2013, 04:47:37 AM »
7/18

Olympic
3x5 Muscle Snatch (r:90s) : 115x5, 5, 125x5
5x2 High hang Snatch (r:60) : 95x2, 2, 2, 115x2, 1
3x2 (2+1) High hang Clean (r:60) : 115x2, 135x2, 185x2

Strength
4x5 (tempo 50X1) GHR (r:60s) : 5, 3, 2, 1
4x8 Close Grip Bench (r:60s) : 135x8, 185x8, 7, 5

Conditioning

Comments
- For the snatch and the C&J the directive was to do them at your worst position.  Personally, I think all of mine are the worst position.  But, I know that I still have a slight problem at the top position.  So, I took them as high hang versions.
- I also reduced the volume of the Sntach and C&J by about 80% from what was prescribed.  Going to continue that this week.

Notes
- When you see a x(y + z) that means you will do a total of 'x' reps that are made up of y + z.  Y & Z refer to the first and second exercise.  Ex: 3(1+1) will mean the set will be 3 reps, and each rep is made up of 1 rep of both exercises
- When you see a x+y only, that means do x reps of first exercise, then do y reps of second exercise.  EX: 3+1 will mean that the set will be 3 reps of first exercise, then immediately do 1 rep of second exercise.
- AMRAP = means either As Many Rounds As Possible (when listed with a time), or As Many Reps As Possible (when listed with a number)
- EMOM = Every minute on the minute.  Look at number of sets and thats how many minutes the timer is set for.
- K2E = knees to elbows crunch
- C2B = chest to bar with a pullup
- UB = unbroken; once you stop the set is 'broken'
- SDHP = Sumo deadlift high pull
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: July 20, 2013, 04:54:14 AM »
7/19

Olympic
EMOM for 5 mins 2 Mid-Hang Squat Clean (@70% 1rm) : 155#

Strength
30 mins to establish 1rm in Squat (high bar version) : 375#
4x5 Reverse Hyperextension (r:60) : 15, 15, 15, 15
4x5 Pullups (weighted, supinated grip) (r:60s) : +20x5, +40x5, 5, 5

Conditioning

Comments
- I was debating if I should continue with the low bar practice for squat but opted to just follow programming.  I haven't done the high bar in a while.  I do think I could have gotten more with a low bar.  The knees felt great up until 315#.  The 375# was absolutely a max.  I also did not use my knee wraps, I only used the Rehband knee sleeves and a suede belt. 
- The supinated pullups sucked.  Not a big fan of them (never have been).  The elbows and wrists still need loosening up if I want to continue to do them.

Notes
- When you see a x(y + z) that means you will do a total of 'x' reps that are made up of y + z.  Y & Z refer to the first and second exercise.  Ex: 3(1+1) will mean the set will be 3 reps, and each rep is made up of 1 rep of both exercises
- When you see a x+y only, that means do x reps of first exercise, then do y reps of second exercise.  EX: 3+1 will mean that the set will be 3 reps of first exercise, then immediately do 1 rep of second exercise.
- AMRAP = means either As Many Rounds As Possible (when listed with a time), or As Many Reps As Possible (when listed with a number)
- EMOM = Every minute on the minute.  Look at number of sets and thats how many minutes the timer is set for.
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #378 on: July 25, 2013, 04:56:12 AM »
7/20

Olympic
20 min to find 1rm Snatch = 165# (down 10# from previous 1rm)

20 min to find 1rm C&J = 235 (NEW PR! up 5#)

Strength

Conditioning
Fran - 5:35

Comments
- Since coming back from Arizona and that Olympic class, I can not seem to get my mind around performing the snatch.  I failed three times trying to get 175#.  Not sure what I amdoing wrong
- The C&J was a surprise.  I think I had a 240 - 245# in me but I didn't want to push it being that I was back for the first week
- The Fran was looking like it was going to be below 5:20 but I slipped on a box getting up to pullup bar and then the last 9 pullups slowed me down big time.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: July 25, 2013, 05:02:45 AM »
7/22

Olympic
Work to Heavy 3-position snatch (no straps, floor - hang, high hang) : 135#

3x1 @ 90@ of above 3-position snatch (no straps, floor - hang, high hang) (r:90s) : 120 x 1, 1, 1
4x3 Snatch High Pull (from hang @ 110% of max from above) (r:60s) : 150x3, 3, 3

Strength
4x8 Pendlay Row (r:60s) : 185x8, 8, 7

Conditioning
1min Rope Climb
-then
3min AMRAP of
15 Burpee
10 KB pushpress (20#kb)
-then
2min Rope Climb
- then
3min AMRAP of
15 Burpee
10 KB pushpress (20#kb)

134ft, 2 rounds, 281ft, 1 round + 13 burpee

Comments
- Again the damn snatch messing with my head.  Kept rocking forward on my feet. WTF
- The conditioning was shit.  We don't have a rope so I had to use the rope machine.  I have to figure out what I am going to do in order to get better at the rope for the goal of competing next year.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: July 25, 2013, 05:08:20 AM »
7/23

Olympic
Work to Heavy 3-position Clean (no straps, floor - hang, high hang) : 185#

3x1 @ 90@ of above 3-position clean (no straps, floor - hang, high hang) (r:90s) : 165 x 1, 1, 1

Strength
Squat - 1X10@60%, 1X8@70%, 1X6@75%, 1X4@80% (r:2m) : 225x10, 260x8, 280x6, 300x4
Front Squat - 1X5@60%, 3X5@70% (r90s) : 180x5, 210x5, 5, 5

Conditioning

Comments
- Workout was done at night.  HATE night training.  I don't get home until after 9pm.  Makes for a VERY long day.
- The squats aggrivated my left knee BIG TIME.  Going home I could feel some swelling in it.  My biggest fear is a torn patellar tendon.  Threw ice on it right away.Another thing was my heel hurting with the squats.  Somethign is definitely fucked up in there.
- Too late at night to do the conditioning.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: July 25, 2013, 05:12:51 AM »
Well, yesterday I decided to take a pic of my right heel.  I was thinking possible stress fracture because of how bad it was.  Nope, this is what shows up....FML.  Heading to podiatrist at noon for consult.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: July 28, 2013, 04:53:17 AM »
Well, Doctor looked at my x-ray, palpated the foot, had me walk around, etc, etc.  Well, she determined that my medial calcaneal nerve was inflamed (which I knew), but she also saw that my heel fat pad is less than normal thickness.  So, all she wanted to do was give a cortisone shot.  HOLY FUCK that hurt.  A SHIT LOAD.  I was pain free for about 3hrs, then the pain on the medial side of the heel started to come back.  Then the throbbing started.  Friday morning I woke up and it was better than before the shot, but still painful.  I need to take some weight bearing x-rays for her.  I was told to avoid the major ballistic stuff for a couple of days (box jumps, burpees, etc).

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: July 28, 2013, 04:57:44 AM »
7/25

Olympic
10 Min to find max triple in power snatch - 165#
10 Min to find max triple in power clean - 205#
10 min to find max triple in jerk from rack - 185#

3x4 Clean from High hang - 135, 135, 135

Strength

Conditioning
10 x 100m Row (r:5/1)

20.4, 19.6, 19.3, 20.0, 18.9, 19.0, 18.3, 18.0, 18.5, 17.4

Comments
- The jerk from rack SUCKS.  This is where jerk boxes come into play.  I am sure I could have done more with them because lowering the bar to my shoulders took a little bit out of me.
- The conditioning should have been sprints, but I decided that I would forgo the sprints due to seeing doctor after workout.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: July 28, 2013, 05:08:07 AM »
7/26

Olympic

Strength
15 min to find max 5rm floor press - 265#

a) 3x20 GHD
b) 3x20 reverse hyperextension
(r:60s)

Conditioning
4 Rounds for time:

4 315# Deadlift
8 Pullups (strict)
16 HR pushups
24 Wall ball squats (20#)

Time - 21:38

Comments
- The 'a' and 'b' stuff is done in spuerset format

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: July 28, 2013, 05:12:14 AM »
7/27

Olympic
20 min to find 1rm for Snatch - 180# (NEW PR!, up 5#)
20 min to find 1rm Clean and Jerk - 225# (failed miserably at this.  down 10# from last time)

Strength
15 min to find 3rm on Front Squat - 255#

Conditioning
'Amanda'

9-7-5
Muscle Ups (I did bar)
135# Snatch (full)

Time - 10:25

Comments
- The front squats felt like shit. 
- The clean and jerk was just off today.  I couldn't get the turn over right.  Everything felt about 20# heavier than it was.
- Last time I did the conditioning I used a power snatch.  I wanted to see how long it would take with full snatch (as prescribed).  I failed on the first two snatches when I got there.  I got pissed.  I took about 2 mins (with clock still running) to get my head straight and then went forward.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: July 28, 2013, 05:14:53 AM »
Shoulders feel a little sore today.  Knees were achy last night, but not too bad.  Have to ice my heel.  Its not as bad as it usually is, but I know I can't run on it.  I will be running a different program for the next few weeks and I will try and post the week prior to doing it if anyone really cares.  I thought about doing a mock run of what the Crossfit games were for my age group next year and see where I would stand.  I will decide today.  For now, going to finish my bowl of Lucky Charms and then head off to the pool for a recovery day of swimming.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: August 01, 2013, 04:55:35 AM »
7/29

(testing week for programming)

3 mins to find max distance broad jump - 8' 7"
-rest 1min

5 mins to find 1rm weighted strict pullup (pronated grip) - +95#
- rest 1min

7min to find 1rm close grip bench - 285#
- rest 2min

8 mins to find 1rm power clean - 240#
-rest 2 mins

8 mins AMRAP of 90% of 1rm power clean - 215# x 25 reps

Comments
- I was thinking I was going to get 40 reps with the 90%.  I was VERY wrong.  It really beat me down.  It was a struggle past the 18th rep.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: August 01, 2013, 04:59:26 AM »
7/30

(day #2 - testing)

ME UB muscle ups - 7
-rest 2mins
ME UB muscle ups - 4

3mins to find max distance handstand walk - 26'

3 rounds:

250m Row
10 KBS 24kg
10 Plate burpees
10 KBS 24kg
10 Plate burpees
10 KBS 24kg
250m Row

- Rest 10 mins.  (Every round should be all out effort due to the rest period at the end of each round)

4:37 / 4:52 / 4:45

Comments
- My shoulders were pretty sore still from the power cleans.  I could not hold myself up.  I was thinking I could get like 50' or so.  Started to piss me off.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: August 02, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »
8/1

Day 3 Testing

Skill
1 minute ME Strict HSPU
Rest 1 Minute
1 Minute ME Kipping HSPU
Rest 2 Minutes
1 Minute ME Kipping HSPU

Total : 16 / 7 / 7

Strength

Conditioning
7 minute AMRAP:
4-7 Thruster
4-7 C2B Pullups

6 rnds + 1 Pullup

Run 5K - 31:12

Comments
- For the HSPU, use 1×45# plate under each hand. Put an AbMat between the plates. Hands must remain fully on the plates: fingers MAY NOT be placed in the holes.
- I screwed up on the HSPU.  I did not rest 2 mins after the 1st kipping HSPU
- You may choose any rep scheme (between 4 and 7) that you like for the first part of the conditioning.  You can also change it up mid workout.  I personally chose 6 reps and stuck with it.
- I tried to do the 5k right after the 7 min conditioning.  Bad idea.  My calf cramped up about 100m into run.  So, I went and did some errands and ended up mapping a 5k around my house.  Worked out nicely.  The heel didn't feel too bad.  Was sore, but no more than it was before.  After I got done, I just couldn't stop sweating.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: August 02, 2013, 05:50:34 PM »
8/2

Testing - Day #4

Olympic
EMOM for 5 mins 80%1rm Snatch x 2 - 145lbs

-rest 2 mins

2 mins AMRAP with 80%1rm Snatch - 8

Strength
12 mins to find 1rm front squat - 255#

Conditioning

Comments
- I have done a lot heavier with the front squats, but I think I will leave it there as the weight where I still had good form.  It bothers me to put a 1rm down with shitty form.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: August 07, 2013, 05:11:32 AM »
8/3

Olympic

Strength

Conditioning
30 min Row for distance  - 6833

5 Rounds of shuttle sprints 20m/40m/60m (done @ every 2min)

35:37, 35:43, 35:25, 34:84, 35:28

Comments
- I was shooting for about 7500m for the row and really do feel I could have gotten that (maybe 8000) but I was not prepared for how bad my ass would hurt from being on that rowing seat.  Concept 2 seats are just fucked up at long distances.  WOW

- For the sprints I was stupid to do them after the long distance rowing (my hamstrings were damn tight) but the worst was my heels.  I could not get a very fast speed felt like I was running in sand)

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: August 07, 2013, 05:19:29 AM »
8/5

Skill
For Max Reps:
Tabata Double Under
-Rest 2 Minutes-
Tabata Double Under

1st 4 rnds - 29
2nd 4 rnds - 34

Strength
HBBS 1x10 @ 60%, 1x8 @ 70%, 1x6 @ 75%, 1x4 @ 80% - 225x10, 260x8, 280x6, 300x4

Front Squat 1x5 @ 60%, 3×5 @ 70% - 155x5, 180x5, 180x5, 180x5

Conditioning
4 rounds for reps:
a. 30 sec ME Push Press @ 95
b. 30 sec ME KBS @ 24kg
c. 30 sec ME Burpee to Plate
- Rest 90 seconds

a. 15, 15, 13, 15
b. 16, 16, 16, 17
c. 8, 8, 8, 8

Comments
- The two tabata sets are done 20sec on/10 sec off for 4 rounds, then rest, then repeat
- I can offically be called the biggest dumb ass.  I have been trying to get my heels repaired...so what do I do?  I do the damn DU's.  I think those are the things that have fucked me up.  All those sundays of practice and very minimal rehab and mobility on them.  The left achilles was inflammed as hell after doing them  I couldn't squat right because I was worried about it.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: August 07, 2013, 05:31:03 AM »
8/6

Olympic
12 min to find 1rm Snatch - 180#

EMOM for 4 mins of 90% of 1rm Snatch - 160xm, 1, m, 1, 1

Strength
3x5 Hang Snatch Pull (Every 90 sec) - 160x5, 5, 5
3x5 Snatch Push Press (Every 90 sec) - 115x5, 135x5, 145,x5

Conditioning
For time :
Run 1mi
Row 1000m
Run 1mi

Comments
- Someone thought it would be a great idea to have the big doors open at the gym.  The only problem was that the humidy was through the roof even though the temps were abou 70-some degrees.  I was sweating like a pig just doing the snatches.  The 'm' with the 90% snatch indicates a miss.  I just couldn't recover enough to do them. 
- I elected NOT to do the conditioning and instead go home and rest/ice the ankles and heels.  I am doing mobility and foam rolling on them twice a day.  I need them fixed ASAP

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »
8/5

Skill
For Max Reps:
Tabata Double Under
-Rest 2 Minutes-
Tabata Double Under

1st 4 rnds - 29
2nd 4 rnds - 34

Strength
HBBS 1x10 @ 60%, 1x8 @ 70%, 1x6 @ 75%, 1x4 @ 80% - 225x10, 260x8, 280x6, 300x4

Front Squat 1x5 @ 60%, 3×5 @ 70% - 155x5, 180x5, 180x5, 180x5

Conditioning
4 rounds for reps:
a. 30 sec ME Push Press @ 95
b. 30 sec ME KBS @ 24kg
c. 30 sec ME Burpee to Plate
- Rest 90 seconds

a. 15, 15, 13, 15
b. 16, 16, 16, 17
c. 8, 8, 8, 8

Comments
- The two tabata sets are done 20sec on/10 sec off for 4 rounds, then rest, then repeat
- I can offically be called the biggest dumb ass.  I have been trying to get my heels repaired...so what do I do?  I do the damn DU's.  I think those are the things that have fucked me up.  All those sundays of practice and very minimal rehab and mobility on them.  The left achilles was inflammed as hell after doing them  I couldn't squat right because I was worried about it.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krank, the achilles take a long time to heal and I know you know this already.  I just don't want to see this linger any longer than it should.  Avoid anything that really inflames it. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: August 14, 2013, 05:29:10 AM »
Oh, I know.  It's been getting better with the foam rolling (partner assisted).  Have to stay on top of it...as well as icing.

8/8

Olympic
Squat - 1x10 @ 60% 1rm, 1x8 @ 65% 1rm, 1x8 @ 70% 1rm, 1x8 @ 75% 1rm : 225x10, 245x8, 265x8, 280x8

Front Squat - 1x5 @ 60% 1rm, 1x5 @ 65% 1rm, 2×5 @ 70% 1rm : 155x5, 165x5, 180x5, 5

Skill
EMOM for 10mins: 2 Muscle Ups : Completed

Conditioning
For Reps:

4 min AMRAP:
-SandBag Getups @ 90 45#

4 min AMRAP:
-10 Pull-ups
-10 HR Pushups

4 min AMRAP:
-SandBag Getups @ 90 45#

Rd. 1 = 30 reps
Rd. 2 = 2 rnds + 10 pull ups
Rd. 3 = 24 reps

Comments
- I almost skipped the sand bag get up.  I am glad I didn't.  Kicked my ass and that was only half of what I was supposed to use.  It was awkward switching the shoulders to perform it. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: August 14, 2013, 05:32:07 AM »
8/9

Skill
3 rounds (ubntimed):
-10 Kipping HSPU
-15 Toes to Bar

Conditioning
"Amanda"
9-7-5:
-Snatch @ 135#
-Muscle Ups

Time = 11:14

Comments
- The snatches are FULL snatches.
- I got my ass raped on the conditioning.  I did it faster a few weeks ago.  I thought I would be faster today because the last time I did it was when I did some 1rm testing.  Nope, the complete opposite.  Must be something with the feel of the heavier weights then going back to a lighter one.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: August 14, 2013, 05:34:34 AM »
8/10

Was supposed to be an off day...but I went in and did some work on my snatch lift.  Just some easy progressions.  Helped out some people (not like I would be much help...I am FAR from knowing the form 100%)

I did do a conditioning workout (was talked into it)

AMRAP in 8 mins

15 OH Squats 95#
20 Hand Release Pushups
30 KB Swing 24kg

I got 3 rounds + 20 HR pushups.  I was NOT pushing myself on this...went into it at a very easy pace.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: August 14, 2013, 05:40:09 AM »
8/12

Strength
Back Squat - 1x10@60% 1rm, 1x8@65% 1rm, 1x6@70% 1rm, 1x6@75% 1rm, 1x6@80% 1rm : 225x10, 245x8, 260x6, 280x6, 300x6

Front Squat - 1x5@60% 1rm, 1x5@70% 1rm, 2×5@75% 1rm : 155x5, 180x5, 190x5, 5

Skill
5 min AMRAP:

-40 Double Unders - regular rope jumping
-10 T2B

Rounds = 3 + 7 T2b

Conditioning
5 rounds each round starting on the 3 minute mark:

-10 Pull-Ups
-5 Burpee Box Jumps @ 24″
-10 Wall-Balls @ 20#
-5 Burpee Box Jumps @ 24″
-Rest for the remainder of the 3 minute time period

Comments
- I could not believe how easy the squats felt today.  No idea what the hell is going on with that.  My knees had less pain and I actually have been coming up faster from the hole.
- I did the regular rope jumps (singles) at a very easy pace.  Have to work into it very slowly.  I know i have some double unders coming up very soon and I want to be prepared.
- I ran out of time and only did 3 rounds of the conditioning.  I was getting faster with burpee box jumps...but the wall balls slowed me WAYYYY down.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: August 14, 2013, 05:46:21 AM »
8/13

Olympic

Strength

Conditioning
For Time:

100 m swim row

40 KBS 24kg
40 Jumping Lunges walking front rack lunge 65#
40 KB Snatch power snatch 95#

100 m swim row

30 KBS 24kg
30 Jumping Lunges walking front rack lunge 65#
30 KB Snatch power snatch 95#

100 m swim row

20 KBS 24kg
20 Jumping Lunges walking front rack lunge 65#
20 KB Snatch power snatch 95#

100 m swim row

Time : 26:37

Comments
- Today was all conditioning.  I elected NOT to do this at a pool as I feel this was a retarded workout.  Any time I think there is a glaring problem with safety I will NOT do it.  I changed some things up because I wanted to kill myself.  I DID.  Fuck!!!
- I did this outside and envisioned it to be at the games.  Felt motivated as hell.  Sounds weird but it worked.  I have to get myself a bandana...I sweat so bad and that stung like a bitch in my eyes.
- I know Coach/Joe will be all mr. pissy pants with this one.  I broke the snatches up into groups of 10 for the first two rounds, then groups of 5 for the last.  Suck it Joe!!!
- I also liked that within 10 mins of being done my heart rate was back to normal.  EAT SHIT Blue Cross for denying me coverage because of my left ventricular hypertrophy