Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 228818 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam
« Reply #1100 on: July 20, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »
No of course you aren't. Picking the verses you like and posting those isn't cherry picking at all... ::)

Yes a verse in it's context or illustrating a teaching is not cherry picking but illustrating what Islam teaches.

For example "Don't steal" full stop if it's a full verse, is telling you to not steal.

You out of anger and hate towards Islam and Muslims misquoting verses to try to misrepresent Islam and Muslims is cherry picking.

For example you quoting "Kill them disbelievers wherever you find them" while not quoting the context of a battle, elements such as Muslims being driven out from their homes, not including parts which invite for all venues before fighting to be explored or to try to seize fighting as soon as possible and to seek peace, or no including elements which cite not to attack animals, not to attack women/children/elderly or those who are noncombattants, to even protect the combatants who do not want to fight to take them to safety even, not to burn homes or pillage is not only cherry picking but misquoting with smeared evil intentions trying to deliberately deter people from learning what Islam actually teaches in full context vs your deliberate dissections of quranic verses.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1101 on: July 20, 2013, 03:06:15 PM »

If you claim to be a Muslim yet do not follow Islam, don't argue with me until you start obeying Allah and are only arguing with me to make me obey Allah better.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #1102 on: July 20, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »
My friend is from Syria. She got out of there before this big mess. She would tell this to you: "let me tell you something my friend... in the Islamic world... everybody hates everybody." She is now a Catholic... and very happy. Many Syrians are Christians and are being killed by fundamentalists :(
People want to talk Crusades... bah! In the middle ages, how long ago was that? what are you... Treyvoning too? Let's talk about contemporary times shall we... at least within recent memory. And not just what you read in a book. My girl friend is Bangali. So, I know lots of Bangali people. The Pakistani Islamist invaded Bangal and killed millions and millions of people. Not sure but it's several millions... of people. While they were there... they rapped the Bangal women seeing that they were good Islamist and all :(
My girl friends family is a moderate Muslim and still holds on to many Hindu traditions. She likes to often wear a bindi on her head even and dress up Hindu on Diwali. That's their right. And we all love Hindu ppl the same.
But, her family is still mad at Pakistan... she jokes that if she brings home a Pakistani person... her family will disown. Can you blame them?

X

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1103 on: July 20, 2013, 04:58:24 PM »
Yes a verse in it's context or illustrating a teaching is not cherry picking but illustrating what Islam teaches.

You didn't quote any context; you just quoted a nice sentence. I can find nice sentences everywhere. Shit, I can find nice sentences in crappy "fortune cookies" from my local Chinese take-out restaurant...

For example "Don't steal" full stop if it's a full verse, is telling you to not steal.

Oh, so a period is what defines a verse? Interesting, since there are multiple multi-sentence verses. Surely if Allah had meant for those sentences to be a single verse, he'd made them so, no? Are you questioning Allah? Careful... I don't think he likes to be questioned. ;D

You out of anger and hate towards Islam and Muslims misquoting verses to try to misrepresent Islam and Muslims is cherry picking.

Nice try. I'm neither angry nor hateful towards Islam or Muslims - I just ignore them, as I ignore Christians, Buddhists, Satanists, Wiccans and so on. Until they start bothering me, that is. Until they try to pester me by preaching their religion to me. Until they try to limit my freedom of speech by demanding that I adhere to the moral principles of their religion. Until they seek to initiate force against me. Then I no longer just ignore them. I respond to them accordingly.

For example you quoting "Kill them disbelievers wherever you find them" while not quoting the context of a battle, elements such as Muslims being driven out from their homes, not including parts which invite for all venues before fighting to be explored or to try to seize fighting as soon as possible and to seek peace, or no including elements which cite not to attack animals, not to attack women/children/elderly or those who are noncombattants, to even protect the combatants who do not want to fight to take them to safety even, not to burn homes or pillage is not only cherry picking but misquoting with smeared evil intentions trying to deliberately deter people from learning what Islam actually teaches in full context vs your deliberate dissections of quranic verses.

Do I? Let's quote the full thing - which is, as you stated above, defined by a full stop... Ready? "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush." (Note, that's a full stop right there).

Specifically on the topic of self defense - a consistent theme with you which you seem to use to justify every action taken by Muslims. I defend everyone's right to self-defense. But it's simply not true that your religion (or anyone else's for that matter) entitles you to kill me or anyone else just by yelling "self-defense" randomly, nor can it dictate how I live my life or mandate that I should be punished for not following it's laws.

And if your religion requires you to do any of the above, then your religion is fucked up, you are fucked up and your deity is fucked up.

So tell me something Ahmed. Do you condemn the killing of Theo Van Gogh? Do you condemn those who put a fatwa on the cartoonists who chose to depict Muhammad? Do you condemn those who put a fatwa on Salman Rushdie?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1104 on: July 20, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »
It seems all you can whine about is about what some individual muslim did which is not as per Islam (could be personal whims, cultural influence, tribal influence, brain dead village idiot, etc...). Or you like to misquote the qur'an as you see fit out of context. You apply your own meaning rather than the full context and understanding. Again an idiot who does this over and over again does not deserve a response.

I really don't care responding to an atheist. After all you think your own existence and the existence of others is an accident. Blabla all you want. Islam is the truth and I'm proud to have become and to be a Muslim alhamdulillah.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1105 on: July 20, 2013, 05:20:54 PM »
There is a divide in Islam. People often talk about the 90/10 percent split between Suni and the rest that make up the other 10 percent. That's nothing! What they don't tell you... is that the suni 90 percent is split indefinely. It's like two mirrors aimed at each other... they go on being split forever. or the painter painting a picture of a painter ect... it goes forever. You will never unite even all the suni ppl to one islamic belief. In my experience... the Shiah, Sufi and Ismali are very tight. The most successful people I see in business are the Ismile and I love the Ismile. They have money and are very hard working people. The first love of my life was an Ismile girl. Ismile that I knew are very liberal. They are building the main centre for Ismile people here in Toronto. And we are happy about that.
X

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1106 on: July 20, 2013, 05:29:17 PM »
It seems all you can whine about is about what some individual muslim did which is not as per Islam (could be personal whims, cultural influence, tribal influence, brain dead village idiot, etc...). Or you like to misquote the qur'an as you see fit out of context. You apply your own meaning rather than the full context and understanding. Again an idiot who does this over and over again does not deserve a response.

It seems you can't even condemn the action of an "individual Muslim" even when the action in question involves the threat of death or even the brutal murder of another human being. That says a lot about you Ahmed.

I really don't care responding to an atheist. After all you think your own existence and the existence of others is an accident.

I don't know why you say that I think that my existence is an accident - especially since I don't. But I don't think you care (or that you have the intellectual capacity) to examine my position closely anyways.

Blabla all you want.

How magnanimous of you to allow me to mouth off... thank you kindly Sir. ::)

Islam is the truth

If you say that three times while clicking your heels, you'll go back home Dorothy!

I'm proud to have become and to be a Muslim alhamdulillah

You ought to be proud... very proud. After all, blind faith is a big achievement!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1107 on: July 20, 2013, 08:21:43 PM »
There is a divide in Islam. People often talk about the 90/10 percent split between Suni and the rest that make up the other 10 percent. That's nothing! What they don't tell you... is that the suni 90 percent is split indefinely. It's like two mirrors aimed at each other... they go on being split forever. or the painter painting a picture of a painter ect... it goes forever. You will never unite even all the suni ppl to one islamic belief. In my experience... the Shiah, Sufi and Ismali are very tight. The most successful people I see in business are the Ismile and I love the Ismile. They have money and are very hard working people. The first love of my life was an Ismile girl. Ismile that I knew are very liberal. They are building the main centre for Ismile people here in Toronto. And we are happy about that.

As I said you hate islam and those who obey Allah because you yourself disobey Allah and want others to be like you as opposed to you yourself changing yourself but your arrogance and pride disallows you.

The problem again is not with Islam but with individuals such as yourself and these ignorant deviant groups that have strayed away from Islam.

Ismailis are not Muslims, they are not even considered Muslims by shias who they split off of. In college their 'imams' would walk over their women's hairs and they would have their kibla 'towards their great' leader.

They are not Muslims hope that helps.

The majority of Sufis and shias worship graves and I'm sure that all is 'tight' even though it is against Islam. These people are not the orthodoxy but those who want to destroy islam try to give them a voice to seemingly make it appeaar like they are destroying Islam. The same conspiracy as in India and Pakistan with the Ahmedis/Qadianis. None of these groups are Muslims. All of those who learn about Islam leave these deviant groups and embrace true Islam unless they're left ignorant or chose to be ignorant like yourself.

These are shias crawling towards graves and calling upon their 'saints' and imams, which is shirk in Islam:

This is not Islam. The quranic verses being cited are speaking against these idiotic islam oposing pagan practices.

likewise the crazy sufis:

Yes very prevalent in ignorant pakistan/india areas:

Once again not islam. Looking like a bunch of idiots. ALmost as bad as the shias who perform matam (beating themselves, cutting themselves with knives, bleeding, etc...) which again is NOT Islam.

There's more of this rubbish from rafidi shias, ismailis, various sufi tariqas, etc... that claim to be following Islam but are in fact following their own ignorance, culture, tribal customs, etc... and people who don't have a clue about Islam will see this and laugh and think it's from Islam or be uphauled. And those that want to destroy islam and want muslims IGNORANT will endorse and support garbage like this and not allow people to learn about Islam.

Like I said, these kinds of people are out there, but then again people in teh west who are EDUCATED are learning about true islam and embracing it and practicing it.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1108 on: July 20, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
The reason shias perform taqyia is to hide what they really believe, but they've already been exposed for their grave worshipping, imam worshipping, saint worshipping, and other blatant deviations away from Islam.

Still there are some amongst them who just don't know and need to be shown what the quran really says, they just go by what their imams, ayatollahs, maulanas, etc... tell them out of ignorance. So I don't call them all non-muslims, but their ayatollahs are not muslims, they preach shirk and kufr.

Unfortunately again as I've mentioned, the non-muslims who are clueless will see this sort of garbage, cultural and tribal garbage, things that happen in pakistan, arab countries, and think its from islam.

So when Muslims who preach real Islam say something they will try to say 'taqiya' not realizing in fact taqiya is a shia concept.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1109 on: July 20, 2013, 09:21:06 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1110 on: July 20, 2013, 10:49:58 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1111 on: July 20, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »
“There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.”

~ Ali ibn Abi Talib (radiallahu anhu) ~

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1112 on: July 20, 2013, 10:51:51 PM »
Umar ibn Alkhattab (RA) asked Amr ibn al'As (RA) when he was giving him governance over Egypt: If a thief came to you, what would you do?
'Amr ibn al'As said: I will cut his hand off.
Umar ibn Alkhattab (RA) then said: Well, if a hungry person comes to me, I will cut your hand off.

[Comment: In other words, Umar ibn Alkhattab wanted to ascertain that the new governor of Egypt took care of his people, did not take anything from their wealth and did not leave a single person hungry. But if 'umar ibn Alkhattab (may Allah be pleased with him) did hear of a person complaining of hunger - 'Amr ibn al'as (the governor) would be held accountable!].

May Allah swt grant the ummah men of taqwa (god-consciousness) to rule over it!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1113 on: July 20, 2013, 11:58:08 PM »

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1114 on: July 21, 2013, 06:52:57 AM »
“There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.”

~ Ali ibn Abi Talib (radiallahu anhu) ~

Now that I can agree with.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1115 on: July 21, 2013, 10:46:20 AM »
No one can practice Islam in it's most pure form. All Muslims have to bend to live in the modern world. Why do you have pics of living things? You think taking a picture is not creating one? You cannot create a picture or living thing is pure Islam... it's forbidden. For when you try to breath life into it... on the day of judgement... you will fail. A pure Muslim has not even seen a picture you hypocrite!!! And few exist that have never seen a picture. So by your fundamental veiw... there are maybe a hand full of "true" muslims in some Turkish mountain left. You are not one of them. You have a naked man on your avatar. Not modest and homo sexuality is haram in Islam. Looking at men it thongs? That's gayer than gay and not modest. Hope this helps.
X

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1116 on: July 21, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
^Not going to respond to your trolling self. Just going to quote the qur'an.

“To the Hypocrites give the glad tidings that there is for them (but) a grievous penalty;” (An-Nisaa’: 138)

“The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire: no helper wilt thou find for them;” (An-Nisaa’: 145)

“…Say: "Was it at Allah SWT, and His Signs, and His Messenger, that ye were mocking?" Make ye no excuses: ye have rejected Faith after ye had accepted it …” (At Taubah: 65 – 66)

They will present their excuses to you when ye return to them. Say thou: "Present no excuses: we shall not believe you: Allah SWT hath already informed us of the true state of matters concerning you: It is your actions that Allah SWT and His Messenger will observe: in the end will ye be brought back to Him Who knoweth what is hidden and what is open: then will He show you the truth of all that ye did." (At Taubat: 94)

“The munafiqs, men and women, (have an understanding) with each other: They enjoin evil, and forbid what is just, and are close with their hands. They have forgotten Allah SWT. So He hath forgotten them. Verily the munafiqs are rebellious and perverse.” (At Taubah: 67)

“And obey not (the behests) of the Unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and heed not their annoyances, but put thy Trust in Allah SWT. For enough is Allah SWT as a Disposer of affairs.” (Al Ahzab: 48)

One of the signs of the hypocrites is that they true to find or create faults in others and point them out in order to cover themselves up. Something you have already resorted to when you were put on the spot for rejecting and attacking Islam and Muslims.

For every kufr you state, the qur'an has an answer to you alhamdulillah. You reject the rule of Allah, and Allah rejects you in the qur'an. You only have the choice to arrogantly pursue your disobedience in this life towards Allah and go on your merry way as you ahve thus far or repent and seek out to be a better Muslim inshAllah.

What happens with you on the day of judgment will be your own account not mine, we're all held accountable for ourselves, however you preach against Allah and Islam, I preach for.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1117 on: July 21, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1118 on: July 21, 2013, 05:44:10 PM »
This is an excellent video for you Rhino:

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1119 on: July 21, 2013, 05:45:43 PM »
Amazing video mashAllah:

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1120 on: July 21, 2013, 09:48:43 PM »
yeah beautiful... Mashallah :)
X

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1121 on: July 22, 2013, 03:35:27 AM »
No one can practice Islam in it's most pure form. All Muslims have to bend to live in the modern world. Why do you have pics of living things? You think taking a picture is not creating one? You cannot create a picture or living thing is pure Islam... it's forbidden. For when you try to breath life into it... on the day of judgement... you will fail. A pure Muslim has not even seen a picture you hypocrite!!! And few exist that have never seen a picture. So by your fundamental veiw... there are maybe a hand full of "true" muslims in some Turkish mountain left. You are not one of them. You have a naked man on your avatar. Not modest and homo sexuality is haram in Islam. Looking at men it thongs? That's gayer than gay and not modest. Hope this helps.

haha exactly.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1122 on: July 22, 2013, 10:53:38 AM »
Everything is one big contradiction if taken word for word. Modernity is the only way! I mean it's haram to be a cannibal and eat people. Yet, the world is seeing Muslim cannibals saying you can eat your enemies. Since when is eating people halal? Oh, because it's your enemy... com'n man. I will take moderate over that radical nonesense any day. And you have madrasas teaching radical views like eating enemies and what not. 
The school I went to was a little like a madrasa... but moderate. It had a masjid, Islamic studies and about 95% Muslim. We were cool with Hindu and everyone that wasn't muslim and they were our class mates and welcome there. Open minded Islamic teachings. Khuda Hafez. (may Allah be your protector)
X

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1123 on: July 22, 2013, 12:13:42 PM »
Amazing video mashAllah:

Why is he wearing eyeliner?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1124 on: July 22, 2013, 12:55:32 PM »
It isn't eyeliner it is kohl. It is sunnah to wear kohl and Arabs used to wear kohl to make their eyes stand out even before Islam, and the kohl is believed to make the eyesight clearer and more focused.