Author Topic: Mr. Natural Olympia - can someone explain  (Read 65598 times)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mr. Natural Olympia - can someone explain
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2012, 06:16:18 AM »
'I only used the drugs to hold the muscle not gain it'

It does the same thing! You ended up with more muscle after dieting. Plus you don't lose the muscle when you come off gear, especially when you had a great base to begin with. You gained muscle that you didn't lose when coming off, you are just pretending you didn't gain anything on gear and are in the same position you would be if you never juiced which is bullshit.

That's Arnold's BS (excuse) to get away with it when asked about roids....  I think deep inside "Mr.natural O" thinks he's Arnold.

chess315

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2012, 06:20:17 AM »
 i cant believe some of you are actually entertaining the idea he may be natural in recent time that is mega dosing and I seriously even doubt steroids alone more like a ronnie coleman stack applied to mediocre genetics if he was a true natural prison systems would be full of people that size.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2012, 07:14:17 AM »

I honestly think Natural Olympian suffers from "Pseudologia Fantastica"...

Not only he lies about his drug use and the way his phisique actually looks, but he believes his fantasies...

Like people who claim to have divine revelationor "mystical meets" we also have a lot of bodybuilders preaching about being natural in websites,blogs,tumbrl,publications, even doing seminars on how to be "NATURAL"  , are often considered victims of Pseudologia Fantastica.

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2012, 07:27:31 AM »
Is this the greatest example of the genetic continuum ever? 

On one hand we have self-admitted user and 20 years his junior on the right, and Mr. Clean at 50!

Does this mean Natural O has the BEST genetics of ALL TIME, Ronnie Coleman be damned and Singerman has the WORST?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »

On one hand we have self-admitted user and 20 years his junior on the right, and Mr. Clean at 50!

Does this mean Natural O has the BEST genetics of ALL TIME, Ronnie Coleman be damned and Singerman has the WORST?

very well put, that is basically what is baffling me too

Maybe John can enlighten us on his method.

I don't want to call the man a liar, he has been very corteous here unless attacked, even then hasn't had a meltdown of DA dimension.

Then again this is how naturals like skip la cour, and the other "natural" ironman magazine guys make a living, they can't exactly start telling all their "secrets"

Let's not forget other previously juiced guys that became clean, and defied nature and genetic capabilities, tinnerino, luiz de freitas, mike ashley, jean paul guillaume, even ronnie coleman was natural most of his career!!!

Makes me wonder the definition of natural, less than 2 grams/week, maybe ..?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »
As natural as a man with a GM banana shoved up his ass

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2012, 07:49:36 AM »
Herein lies the problem with all these whiners, who think you can't put on that kind of size naturally. They're so scared of being called "fat", that they won't put in the work it takes to bulk up and build that solid base.

I bulked up to 230 back in the mid-90s and I'm 5'9". It took thousands of calories for me to do it and I certainly wasn't ripped (my condition, bodyfat-wise, was similar to yours).

But, when you've never been that size, you have to put away the groceries, or you won't grow (especially if you're an ectomorph like me), steroids or no steroids.

The average Joe would hardly consider you to be "fat" in that pic. In fact, you'd probably got accused of taking everything but the kitchen sink. People said similar things about me and I remember thinking. "Are you serious? I can barely afford weight gainer and protein powder (I used to take GNC's Challege Milk and Egg protein, which was 'Buy One; Get one 50% 0ff'). Where the heck am I going to get 'roids?"

I totally agree with you. You have to eat a ton of calories to get big naturally, especially if you are young with a fast metabolism and an ectomorph. I did the same thing for two years when I was 20-21 to gain weight and get bigger. A lot of young kids today always want to be ripped and have the abs but you can't do that and get big at the same time. A lot of these guys think the only way to get bigger is to take steroids but they can get big too if they eat more.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2012, 07:50:18 AM »

So this is also the result of the cycle he did before 1990 ?

Impressive.

No, that was from 1996, the year I won the Natural Universe the second time.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2012, 07:59:58 AM »
getbiggers can take all the drugs they want and they're not going to get an arm like that.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2012, 08:02:23 AM »
I totally agree with you. You have to eat a ton of calories to get big naturally, especially if you are young with a fast metabolism and an ectomorph. I did the same thing for two years when I was 20-21 to gain weight and get bigger. A lot of young kids today always want to be ripped and have the abs but you can't do that and get big at the same time. A lot of these guys think the only way to get bigger is to take steroids but they can get big too if they eat more.

So you're saying someone can force more muscle growth by just eating more? Please explain how could someone surpass the amount of muscle his natural hormonal levels permit to hold on his frame by just eating more?

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2012, 08:08:58 AM »

Lol, I wouldn't say I have the best genetics of all time. Some of they guys on here just said I have an ugly physique. I have been training for 35 years and I've always trained hard with the basic exercises and I got up to 230 pounds by the time I was 21 years old. I'm much smaller than I was 15-20 years ago because my natural hormone levels have no doubt gone down with age. My strength is not what it used to be but I still lift as heavy as I can. I have to stay lean all the time now because it's too easy to get fat as you get older. When I was in my 20's and early 30's, I would always bulk up in the off season and then just compete (and diet) once a year. I would get up to around 230-235 in the off season and then diet down to about 200-205 for a contest but that worked for me because I was always big and full onstage. Today, in the natural contests, conditioning is EVERYTHING. Size doesn't count as much as being very ripped. When I competed in the Natural Universe this year, I got down to 185 onstage, which is very light, but I was ripped. I don't think I went about 215 in the off season and I dieted for 24 weeks this year for the contest I competed in. I'm definitely smaller at 49 years old than I was when I was 30 or 35 but that's what happens as you get older and your hormone levels change. I don't have a Frank Zane physique but I did get my waist down to less than 32 inches this year for my contest so that's pretty small for my structure.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2012, 08:16:58 AM »
So you're saying someone can force more muscle growth by just eating more? Please explain how could someone surpass the amount of muscle his natural hormonal levels permit to hold on his frame by just eating more?

I'm saying that someone who has a very fast metabolism needs to eat a lot of calories (along with heavy training using the basic exercises) to get bigger. When I was a teenager, I had a very hard time gaining size and weight. I started competing at 16 years  old and I was competing too often and didn't give myself enough time to gain weight. I went in 10 teenage contests between the ages of 16-19. When I turned 20 years old, I took two years off from competing. I got up to 205 when I was 20 and then bulked up even more to 230 when I was 21. I was bulky and had some fat on me but the extra weight helped me to get stronger and train heavier. I don't know what my natural hormone levels were. I was just trying to get bigger and move the scale. I was eating about 4500 calories a day back then to gain weight and I was always trying to lift heavier weights in the gym (for 6-8 reps). The extra calories helped me lift more weight and lifting more weight helped me get bigger. Seems pretty basic but it works, especially when you are young and your metabolism is going super fast. I was happy at that point to gain ANY weight, whether it was muscle or fat. I didn't care about getting fat or losing my abs back then, I just wanted to get big!

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2012, 08:17:07 AM »
A friend of mine used to date John H, funny enough.  She had nothing but nice things to say about him (Hi, John)....

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2012, 08:23:59 AM »
A friend of mine used to date John H, funny enough.  She had nothing but nice things to say about him (Hi, John)....

What was the guys name?  Maybe he posts here.
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2012, 08:31:56 AM »
What was the guys name?  Maybe he posts here.

lol

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2012, 09:39:13 AM »

To put on size, you eat more than you burn. It ain't rocket science. If you have a fast metabolism, you may have to take your calories to 4000 or more. But, it can be done. I've done it and obviously so has Hansen.

Once again, it sounds as if you're making excuses for lack of progress. And as stated earlier, (especially if you ectomorphic/super skinny) you have to pack away the groceries, WHETHER YOU TAKE STEROIDS OR NOT!!

Even the guys who take roids, if they compete at 240 or 250, you can bet they weigh nearly 300 in the off-season.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:54 AM »
Lol, I wouldn't say I have the best genetics of all time. Some of they guys on here just said I have an ugly physique.

That's aesthetics. That's unrelated to ability to build muscle.

You great big prevaricator you.
Trans Milkshake.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2012, 09:56:31 AM »
It is possibe to compete and win naturally. I competed from 1989-1995 naturally and won 2 overalls. One as a teen and the other in a NQ as a LW. Even when i won the Mr. Ohio in 1996 all I did was 200mg of cyp and anavar. I actually looked my BEST when i was a 152lbs LW

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2012, 09:57:11 AM »
What a joke, he should be ashamed
I actally know John H and his background.
You guys are clueless and spreading gossip.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »

Do you live with him homo?
Trans Milkshake.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2012, 10:08:45 AM »

How much of his size do you think he obtained while juicing? 
A

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2012, 10:09:12 AM »
Even though an anabolic steroid isn't in the system any longer you could still benefit from it as it changes your muscle fiber composition, making it easier to gain/hold on to large amounts of muscle. And just for the record, I think you're full of shit.

"The morphological appearance of the vastus lateralis (VL) muscle from high-level power-lifters on long-term anabolic steroid supplementation (PAS) and power-lifters never taking anabolic steroids (P) was compared. The effects of long- and short-term supplementation were compared. Enzyme-immunohistochemical investigations were performed to assess muscle fiber type composition, fiber area, number of myonuclei per fiber, internal myonuclei, myonuclear domains and proportion of satellite cells. The PAS group had larger type I, IIA, IIAB and IIC fiber areas (p<0.05). The number of myonuclei/fiber and the proportion of central nuclei were significantly higher in the PAS group (p<0.05). Similar results were seen in the trapezius muscle (T) but additionally, in T the proportion of fibers expressing developmental myosin isoforms was higher in the PAS group compared to the P group. Further, in VL, the PAS group had significantly larger nuclear domains in fibers containing > or = 5 myonuclei. The results of AS on VL morphology in this study were similar to previously reported short-term effects of AS on VL. The initial effects from AS appear to be maintained for several years." - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10589853
You have no idea what you're talking about, Van is one of the best and most knowledgeable posters on Getbig. He knows even more about drugs than you do.

You really think that steroids he took over TWO DECADES AGO is going to keep him big today?

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »
You really think that steroids he took over TWO DECADES AGO is going to keep him big today?

don't challenge getbiggers, they know everything

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2012, 10:39:28 AM »
John doesn't have the best structure, but he has always had a great chest and lats that insert into his knee caps (dennis wolf is pounding the keyboard in anger as I type this). This along with 35 years of serious training, his current physique is believable.

There's a 52 year old black guy named Mike who lifts at my gym. He did 4 shows in the 70's and 80's, won every single show but couldn't ever afford to go to nationals and go pro. The guy has been a lifetime natty. Dirt poor, blue collar worker, still eats egg whites 3x a day because it's all he can afford,  doesn't know jack shit about supplements or drugs,(not that he could afford them anyway) but still trains every day, holding a crazy amount of chiseled, lean muscle at age 52. He's been doing this since he was 15. And he looks about stage ready all the time.

People say its "all drugs", but if you have some GOOD genetics and a decent work ethic you can achieve this. If you have shit genetics, I know some elf's that seem to have some lucky charms and magic potions they can sell you at their website.

XBB007

• Getbig II
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »
John doesn't have the best structure, but he has always had a great chest and lats that insert into his knee caps (dennis wolf is pounding the keyboard in anger as I type this). This along with 35 years of serious training, his current physique is believable.

There's a 52 year old black guy named Mike who lifts at my gym. He did 4 shows in the 70's and 80's, won every single show but couldn't ever afford to go to nationals and go pro. The guy has been a lifetime natty. Dirt poor, blue collar worker, still eats egg whites 3x a day because it's all he can afford,  doesn't know jack shit about supplements or drugs,(not that he could afford them anyway) but still trains every day, holding a crazy amount of chiseled, lean muscle at age 52. He's been doing this since he was 15. And he looks about stage ready all the time.

People say its "all drugs", but if you have some GOOD genetics and a decent work ethic you can achieve this. If you have shit genetics, I know some elf's that seem to have some lucky charms and magic potions they can sell you at their website.
Not to down play this guy's "achievements ", but it seems all he has to show from his life is his "chiseled, lean muscle".  Maybe if he spent more time on his education /career/better employment opportunities/family, he wouldn't be a 52 yr old "dirt poor" guy.