Author Topic: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet  (Read 18357 times)

animal1991

• Getbig III
Re: Thinking of putting GF on 500 cal diet
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2012, 12:09:31 AM »
Maybe I will try a dose of carbs before a run but seriously I'm so sick of the excess fat I will try anything to get it off.
My GF and I feels exactly the same. LOL

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2012, 04:59:42 AM »
No, it's not rocket science. But at least have a basic understanding of what metabolism is and how it works. Have an understanding of what the proper macro break down as to ones body type and weight. You just can't say "low carbs, high protein as a blanket for everyone.
why not, it works for everyone.

You don't bring any carbs in and you will be shredded, simple as that.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2012, 05:06:36 AM »
If his GF can't even stick to a carb-based diet, I doubt she could do a protein only diet. Women already have less serotonin floating around and carbs are needed to produce it. She will get cranky as fuck on a protein only diet. I can't see her doing it for more than a few days, 1 week tops.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2012, 05:07:08 AM »

Could strain the relationship.  I heard Titus was low carbing around the time of the incident.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2012, 05:09:29 AM »
You're all roided up though so how's that gonna work out for a natural person?  How about an athlete that needs lots of energy?  Won't they need some carbs in their diet?
Sorry bro, you are wrong, it makes absolutely no difference if you are juiced up or not. You want to lose fat? drop carbs and yes it works for everyone and not one single soul can say it does not, they would be talking shit. As far as low energy is concerned well, when you lose fat that is one of the side effects, deal with it. This is no walk in the park here, or a pie eating contest, this is serious, there has to be sacrifices, nothing in life comes easy.
Of course athletes sense they are burning way more calories can get away with having carbs and still lose fat, adjust accordingly, but if unless you are doing 2 hours of exercise/activities per day, I suggest no carbs for the fastest route possible.
Now having said that, there are things you can take to get you through your day and a little caffeine don't hurt anyone.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2012, 05:09:43 AM »
Carbs are essential for effective dieting and good mood, Wurtman says

Wurtman, director of the Program in Women's Health at the MIT Clinical Research Center, and colleagues have found that when you stop eating carbohydrates, your brain stops regulating serotonin, a chemical that elevates mood and suppresses appetite. And only carbohydrate consumption naturally stimulates production of serotonin.

"When serotonin is made and becomes active in your brain, its effect on your appetite is to make you feel full before your stomach is stuffed and stretched," said Wurtman. "Serotonin is crucial not only to control your appetite and stop you from overeating; it's essential to keep your moods regulated."

Antidepressant medications are designed to make serotonin more active in the brain and extend that activity for longer periods of time to assist in regulating moods. Carbohydrates raise serotonin levels naturally and act like a natural tranquilizer.

Wurtman's husband, Richard Wurtman, the Cecil H. Green Distinguished Professor at MIT and the director of the Clinical Research Center, along with former graduate student John Fernstrom, discovered that the brain makes serotonin only after a person consumes sweet or starchy carbohydrates. But the kicker is that these carbohydrates must be eaten in combination with very little or no protein, the Wurtmans' combined research determined.

So a meal like pasta or a snack of graham crackers will allow the brain to make serotonin, but eating chicken and potatoes or snacking on beef jerky will actually prevent serotonin from being made. This can explain why people may still feel hungry even after they have eaten a 20-ounce steak. Their stomachs are full but their brains may not be making enough serotonin to shut off their appetites.

And what do protein dieters (especially women) miss most after the second week? Carbohydrates. Women have much less serotonin in their brains than men, so a serotonin-depleting diet will make women feel irritable.

"There are people we call carbohydrate cravers who need to eat a certain amount of carbohydrates to keep their moods steady," said, Wurtman, co-founder of Adara, a weight-management company whose programs are based on her research. "Carbohydrate cravers experience a change in their mood, usually in the late afternoon or mid-evening. And with this mood change comes a yearning to eat something sweet or starchy."

Thus, it's not just a matter of will power or mind over matter; the brain is in control and sends out signals to eat carbohydrates. According to Wurtman's clinical studies, if the carbohydrate craver eats protein instead, he or she will become grumpy, irritable or restless. Furthermore, filling up on fatty foods like bacon or cheese makes you tired, lethargic and apathetic. Eating a lot of fat, she said, will make you an emotional zombie.

"When you take away the carbohydrates, it's like taking away water from someone hiking in the desert," Wurtman said. "If fat is the only alternative for a no- or low-carb dieter to consume to satiate the cravings, it's like giving a beer to the parched hiker to relieve the thirst -- temporary relief, but ultimately not effective."

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2012, 05:11:06 AM »
50 pages later and still no pic  ::)
I

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2012, 05:12:55 AM »
This is why Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors are frequently given to the obese. You need serotonin to regulate appetite. Your stomach can be stretched beyond belief from protein and fat, you won't feel satiated if there's not enough serotonin present.

They'll start bingeing on carbs rather soon and then all progress is lost.

Women especially are vulnerable to this but many people, men also, just can't do low carb or carb free diets due to the above reason.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2012, 05:17:51 AM »
Well I questioned his advice since he is on drugs.  Hopefully he can answer.  I'm not saying he is wrong and I have been following his advice for a couple of days and have lost a couple of pounds already but I have to say I am going to be running a marathon soon and just trying to run a couple of miles I have zero energy.  I need to lose a lot of weight so I don't kill my joints for this marathon.  I'm aiming for 40lbs but 30lbs would be acceptable.  I have less than 3 months to get there.
Oh shit now I see where you are coming from you are going to run a marathon, good for you bro, awesome experience, I ran one in 09, I was totally out of place being over 200lb bodybuilder, everyone was laughing at me  :D ... had to practically crawl across the finish line and took me over 4 hours but I managed. One of the hardest things I ever did in my life and yes you are right this type of diet is NOT good for someone who is getting ready for a marathon.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2012, 05:24:16 AM »
Items needed for, as Borat the Great once said, "Great Success", is as follows.

1. A minimum of 100g carbs/day

2. A daily intake between the caloric range of 800 to 1000cal

3. Stimulants via tablets and drinks. (ephedrine and caffeine)

4. A minimum of 30min daily activity. Vary intensity between training days.

5. Take up smoking or other nicotine delivery methods.

6. Take a complete break after 12months if it should take that long to meet your goals.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2012, 05:26:34 AM »
Items needed for, as Borat the Great once said, "Great Success", is as follows.

1. A minimum of 100g carbs/day

2. A daily intake between the caloric range of 800 to 1000cal

3. Stimulants via tablets and drinks. (ephedrine and caffeine)

4. A minimum of 30min daily activity. Vary intensity between training days.

5. Take up smoking or other nicotine delivery methods.

6. Take a complete break after 12months if it should take that long to meet your goals.

Idd. Something like 200 gr carbs + 50 gr of protein and some fish oil pills would be her ideal diet.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2012, 05:29:46 AM »
Idd. Something like 200 gr carbs + 50 gr of protein and some fish oil pills would be her ideal diet.

Yes.

If she manages to stay honest for once in her life and not suck cock glazed in chocolate coated with colourful sprinkles behind her boyfriend's back, then what you suggested is quite all right.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
No, too low unless you weigh 120lbs and trying drop weight.

Simple calculation is to take your bodyweight x.10 to .12 at the most for dropping fat. Take that number and break it down into macros depending on body type. Can't go on because we don't know the body type. Again, you can't make a blanket statement like "cut carbs" unless you know the details.

It's 10 to 12,  not .10     that would be 12 calorIes a day, but you get points for trying to be scientific.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »
Crack and apple diet does wonders!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2012, 08:34:15 AM »
It's 10 to 12,  not .10     that would be 12 calorIes a day, but you get points for trying to be scientific.

Yeah, thanks, I corrected it a while back. As far as being "scientific", it's better than throwing numbers against the wall and hoping it'll stick. Thanks for splitting that hair though!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2012, 08:36:33 AM »

Because most people don't eat, sleep and train. Most other people have lives. Wait, just caught this. Did you just say "don't bring any carbs in", really????????

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2012, 08:51:01 AM »
Because most people don't eat, sleep and train. Most other people have lives. Wait, just caught this. Did you just say "don't bring any carbs in", really????????
Why not? I do it all the time, my clients (contest shredded) do it all the time, all this mumbo jumbo is a bunch of non-sense, keep it simple and get the results quick.

actually no carbs does not include certain veggies, asparagus, broccoli, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Those are allowed.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2012, 09:10:25 AM »
Why not? I do it all the time, my clients (contest shredded) do it all the time, all this mumbo jumbo is a bunch of non-sense, keep it simple and get the results quick.

actually no carbs does not include certain veggies, asparagus, broccoli, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Those are allowed.
Thats fine for people walking on a treadmill, but for people that are actually doing cardiovascular excercize, that shit don't work. Every tried running 3 miles 3x a week on no carbs (in addition to lifting)? Shit don't work.
What you're saying will probably work for a BB that just lifts and walks at a slow pace.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »
Thats fine for people walking on a treadmill, but for people that are actually doing cardiovascular excercize, that shit don't work. Every tried running 3 miles 3x a week on no carbs (in addition to lifting)? Shit don't work.
What you're saying will probably work for a BB that just lifts and walks at a slow pace.
Yes I have no problem, when you take a caffeine pill, there is no difference in energy levels at all. Carbs or no carbs my workouts are the exact same and my energy levels are through the roof while I am training due to the stimulants besides no one says it is going to be easy, dieting is tough no matter the diet, it is called WILL POWER

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2012, 09:17:56 AM »
Yes I have no problem, when you take a caffeine pill, there is no difference in energy levels at all.
Horseshit, absolute horseshit bro. FYI, by run, I mean RUN, like 8.5 mph, 3 miles in 21 minutes. Or doing any sort of exhaustive endurance training.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »
Horseshit, absolute horseshit bro.
You do not know what you are talking about, it works perfectly fine for me and everyone I have dealt with. You can cry horseshit all you want but the results speak for themselves on my physique and many others, talk is cheap bro. You just have no will power, get over it.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »
You do not know what you are talking about, it works perfectly fine for me and everyone I have dealt with. You can cry horseshit all you want but the results speak for themselves on my physique and many others, talk is cheap bro. You just have no will power, get over it.
It works great when you walk on a treadmill at 3.0mph and a 5% incline and doing your brutal bodybuilding workout, yes. But whatever bro, I'm not going to argue with you.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »
It works great when you walk on a treadmill at 3.0mph and a 5% incline and doing your brutal bodybuilding workout, yes. But whatever bro, I'm not going to argue with you.
then do not argue, I do not give a shit.

I do not walk on the tread mill, I run, I have always run and I run 3-5 miles daily on no carbs, pop a caffeine pill and I am good to go. I still do 400 for reps on the bench, 500lb for reps on deadlifts, still curl the 80s, still come in with striated glutes, all on no carbs. Stimulants is key to get you through your workouts and I still drop 40lb in 12 weeks. But ya you are right it does not work for the weak, maybe that is why you find it does not work for you. Proof is in the results not your mouth bro.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
But ya you are right it does not work for the weak, maybe that is why you find it does not work for you. Proof is in the results not your mouth bro.
::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »