Author Topic: Bodybuilders "cardio" - have to laugh at the slow rate  (Read 33624 times)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Re: bodybuilders "cardio"
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2012, 02:29:08 PM »
They'd bounce you if you so much as threatened some fatty these days.

You get the piss taken out of you for doing extra phys in your own time. The majority would rather hide in the block playing xbox and scranning domino's pizza.

ahahahahahahaha   :o

What faggy girl of a liberal military is this?
all drugs - TPPIIP

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2012, 02:29:13 PM »
Sprinters incorporate weight training, runners do not.

There is a huge difference in training strategies between a sprinter and a long distance runner.

8)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2012, 02:47:04 PM »

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2012, 02:47:36 PM »
anyone try Tabata?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »
Metabolism does not change like that. There are 2 mechanism (for lack of a better term) in your metabolism. One---changes in the long run through age and hormones produced by the body, these are long term alterations in metabolism. Two---are short term changes based on the foods you eat. Now if your metabolism slows down from calorie deficit and you all of a sudden start pigging out then your metabolism will not stay "slowed down" as you suggested, it will instantly speed back up the second you start pigging out.

Now the reason you feel like it is still in 'slowed down' mode is because you are packing on fat but that is not cause of your metabolism, that is because you are pigging out.

Solution; Don't pig out after dieting  ;)

So how would you diet as a weightlifter who wants to retain most muscle and strength and diet down to 10% bf in order to make weight?

My goal weight is 73kg, right now I'm around 77kg, off cycle. Cycle will be low dose prop, higher tren and cabaser to manage prolactin. I'm around 15% bf, started around 18% bf @ 82kg with ton of water. Last time I just starved and tren made me gain strength regardless, not sure if it happens this time around coz I'm much stronger.

My idea is carb backloading + basic IF concepts like only several meals per day (I hate eatig many small meals and it makes zero sense from both scientific and practical point of view). Zero carbs for several days until I feel like shit, then higher carbs (not too high) for several days, going by feel.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
I agree with everything Galenako and OTH said in this thread. But 1500 calories a day? holy shit, I am in pure misery on 3,000 calories a day. I'd be the worst contestant on "Survivor" of all time.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2012, 06:06:28 PM »
he said i have lungs of a professional sportsman

Maybe he meant Dan Hill

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »
High intensity cardio burns muscle mass, low intensity burns bodyfat.

Hope this helps.

LOL....riiiiiiight

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2012, 06:52:22 PM »
You diet down using very low-caloric diet, metabolism slows down. Then you go all out, binge, eat everything in sight, gain a lot of the fat back but metabolism remains slow. Then you want to diet down again, metabolism is arleady slower, process repeats. After few "cycles" you're ruined and not able to loose fat.

Happens to naturals who compete a lot, described by Layne Norton, but I've observed it as well, especially among chicks.

What's your.definition of "metabolism"????

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »
yes, its very easy, to get cut:

starve, learn starving and learn how to deal with it, theres ways to make it somewhat comfortable.

move around alot.

train hard

rest

eat enough protein

dont forget the steroids

and no, no slowly getting into diet, just crash, when on gear itll work.

can you share tips on how you deal with the starving part? thanks

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »
anyone try Tabata?

I use that once in a while jumping rope. You can bang out a quick 5 minutes at the end of weight training and get yourself a good heart pump. I'd only do it skipping rope if you are pretty experienced and can go very fast without mistakes.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2012, 09:36:19 PM »
I use that once in a while jumping rope. You can bang out a quick 5 minutes at the end of weight training and get yourself a good heart pump. I'd only do it skipping rope if you are pretty experienced and can go very fast without mistakes.

i can do it on a cross trainer, never skipping ropes, props to anyone that can

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2012, 12:20:32 AM »

Yeah, those Olympic sprinters are TINY 

I always get a chuckle when I hear people compare the muscular development of Olympic Sprinters to Long Distance Runners, and attribute this difference in muscularity to the intensity of their cardio, yet only a fool would fail to understand that the main reason they are so different muscularity speaking, is because Olympic Sprinters are juiced to the gills.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »

Guy on left Natural.   Guy on right, juiced to the gills.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2012, 03:05:37 AM »
So how would you diet as a weightlifter who wants to retain most muscle and strength and diet down to 10% bf in order to make weight?

My goal weight is 73kg, right now I'm around 77kg, off cycle. Cycle will be low dose prop, higher tren and cabaser to manage prolactin. I'm around 15% bf, started around 18% bf @ 82kg with ton of water. Last time I just starved and tren made me gain strength regardless, not sure if it happens this time around coz I'm much stronger.

My idea is carb backloading + basic IF concepts like only several meals per day (I hate eatig many small meals and it makes zero sense from both scientific and practical point of view). Zero carbs for several days until I feel like shit, then higher carbs (not too high) for several days, going by feel.
Oh shit that kind of puts a twist on things. I would eat carbs before your workout and eliminate all carbs after your workout until the next day. That way you have enough carbs to keep your workout strong and you also have eliminated enough to start dropping weight. Personally I am just as strong on carb days as no carb days, however I use ephedrine pre-workout on no carbs to keep my strengths the same.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2012, 03:40:17 AM »
What's your.definition of "metabolism"????

Caloric expenditure or resting caloric expenditure, depending on context.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2012, 05:19:10 AM »

yes, strongest when leanest, wasnt due to tren, it was something very similiar, with a dog and cat on the packaging, something veterinary

Mibolerone "cheque drops"?

ukjeff

« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2012, 05:32:25 AM »

Guy in the pic natural...oh wait a minute....

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2012, 08:36:37 AM »
Caloric expenditure or resting caloric expenditure, depending on context.

Mmm, all due respect. That's not it. But that is YOUR definition.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2012, 08:43:58 AM »

Honestly, why do you always play these stupid cat and mouse games on the board? Is it to demonstrate superiority by lording purported knowledge over others?

We all get it...you do this shit for a living and you're very good at it, etc...

Why don't you try contributing your knowledge instead of posting your passive-aggressive barbs? It's a little old and tired.

If you're so damned good at coaching, then be a coach on the boards for christ's sake.

Just tell the fucking guy what metabolism is, and be done with it. Teach/coach something...don't try to expose people and then laugh at them. It's childish bullying. Unless that's the only reason you come here. In which case, we have a lot of those guys here...get in line. And you're not funny enough to be one of them so work on your game.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2012, 08:47:29 AM »
ha.smoking helps alot.i know not the best approach.

drinking loads of water.

the initial starve is brutal, but goes away after an hour, then later on it returns with pains in the stomach, thats when i idealy have the next meal ;D

Smoking is a great fat burner - totally agree. A little out there because it's addictive, but it works. Nicotine is an excellent trigger for norepinephrine release, which is a key thermogenic agent. And NE also kills your appetite, making it wonderful when dieting. And, the NE released is a great stimulant to deal with the blahs of low-cal dieting.

If you don't like the smoker's breath/stink, you can get away with nicorette gum, which works real well. Addictive, but it works. I'm sure for most bodybuilders, chewing gum/smoking is not the most unhealthy thing they'll do to get lean.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »
Smoking is a great fat burner - totally agree. A little out there because it's addictive, but it works. Nicotine is an excellent trigger for norepinephrine release, which is a key thermogenic agent. And NE also kills your appetite, making it wonderful when dieting. And, the NE released is a great stimulant to deal with the blahs of low-cal dieting.

If you don't like the smoker's breath/stink, you can get away with nicorette gum, which works real well. Addictive, but it works. I'm sure for most bodybuilders, chewing gum/smoking is not the most unhealthy thing they'll do to get lean.
Well he could just start smoking Meth instead, I hear it works great as well.  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2012, 08:53:27 AM »
Any "Hash head" pot smoker i have ever known looked thin.. even though they had always the "munchies", don´t know the Biological effect of cannabis but i always just saw thin Hash smokers.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2012, 09:31:38 AM »

I saw pics of your wife.  She looks to be on more AAS than you.  I'd like to hear her approach to getting ripped abs.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2012, 09:42:12 AM »
I saw pics of your wife.  She looks to be on more AAS than you.  I'd like to hear her approach to getting ripped abs.

Why the shot at my wife, dickhead?