Author Topic: ARNOLD CLASSIC COMPARISION 2013 vs 90's  (Read 34353 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: ARNOLD CLASSIC COMPARISION 2013 vs 90's
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »
the 2013 ASC line up was so weak- these guys are 5th tier

^

THIS!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 09:03:06 PM »
you look @ the 90's era
its a hall of fame era
i truly believe we'll never see such great BB's ever again

Nasser, shawn, flex, kevin, priest, dillet vince taylor, Coleman etc

the 2013 ASC line up was so weak- these guys are 5th tier
5 tier is correct freeman Jackson looked shrivelled
Dex is pregnant along with Ben and Haley
Cedric didn't diet he just walked in out the gym
choice is an illusion

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2013, 09:05:12 PM »
  meso just beat the shit out of correct

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 09:40:56 PM »
After 99 2000Cormier was on decline  when these guys were at the top
Of their game dex wasn't or couldn't even get in the mix
Prime eg 99 Cormier beats any version of dexter EASY

You call three IronMan wins by Cormier (against guys like Flex Wheeler) on the decline?

Cormier was still an elite bodybuilder, placing 3rd at the Olympia in 2002.

Dex was well in the mix against Cormier then and eventually DEFEATED Cormier at the Olympia, at the Show of Strength, and at the ASC.

It seems that you (along with some others) are bent on making excuses as to why these guys (who didn't win the O) were surpassed by Jackson and Cutler, (who eventually DID win the O).

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Arnold classic comparision
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 09:50:23 PM »
What does someone like Ronnie or Jay say when they see that comparison?

I mean, Ronnie is supposedly the greatest bodybuilder in history. Does he look at that picture and say to himself, "Yeah, but bodybuilding has progress since then. We're bigger and more muscular now."

::)

Just = WRONG

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »
this photo has eddie robinson in it, this had to be about 1993

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2013, 11:19:53 PM »
You call three IronMan wins by Cormier (against guys like Flex Wheeler) on the decline?

Cormier was still an elite bodybuilder, placing 3rd at the Olympia in 2002.

Dex was well in the mix against Cormier then and eventually DEFEATED Cormier at the Olympia, at the Show of Strength, and at the ASC.

It seems that you (along with some others) are bent on making excuses as to why these guys (who didn't win the O) were surpassed by Jackson and Cutler, (who eventually DID win the O).

Dex defeated Ronnie and so did jay.... How bout branch who won 2 AC's he surely is a better bber than Cormier.

One thing u don't understand I'm not surprised is that dex was coming up and while these guys were already coming down, yes they were competitive but certainly not their best , flex was NOTHING to brag about in the early 2000's , levrone either, just cause they were winning some shows here and there mean jack shit cause goes to show how weak comp was.

For a 40 yr old thought u would understand but thinking outside of wins is too difficult for your fragile head u can't comprehend anything past an O win or AC and your only rebuttal is "your precious 90's guys"

Funny on this whole board u are the only one that no one agrees with wonder why? ::)

Your precious dex is starting to look like shit but u can't see past that belly even thinking he doesn't have one, your other hero cutler is just a disgusting pile of crap that future bbers should never follow

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2013, 11:26:19 PM »
Once again, your brain is way off the mark.

My argument is "he beat this person or that person", in part, because the "this person" happens to be those beloved 90s bodybuilders such as Levrone, Cormier, El Sonbaty, Ray, just to name a few.

That's the case with one Jay Cutler, who supplanted Kevin Levrone as the #2 bodybuilder in the world and stayed there, until he finally got Ronnie Coleman and became Mr. Olympia (something Levrone, Ray, Wheeler, Cormier, Schlierkamp, and El Sonbaty never did).

Therefore, based on titles won, competitors defeated to win those titles, AND their actual physiques, I can confidently claim that Jay Cutler and Dexter Jackson are among the greatest bodybuilders of all time.

Why don't u put branch in there he won 2 AC titles therefore....

Like someone said "from titles won yes but physiques NO"

Lemme ask u if u could look like which of these bbers would u pick cutler or dex over a flex wheeler, Cormier , bob Paris, levrone.... ?? Answer this and don't dodge the question like u always do

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2013, 11:27:48 PM »
Besides Milos, the only others to blame are the judges. As long as they let them get away with this, the longer it stays around. It's mostly the judging.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »
so i guess if shawn roden even wins a sandow
hes better tha flex shawn kevin cormier

;D ;D ;D ;D

Pretty much ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2013, 11:49:14 PM »
Arnold should use his influence and lay down Thor's Hammer and revamp this mess. Since his political career is over, his movies fucking blow and the whole Mexican Arnold deal, AMI should let him clean this shit up in terms of what is acceptable on an IFBB stage. It would garner huge publicity and it would be good for the sport. A guy can dream.

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2013, 12:48:00 AM »
What does someone like Ronnie or Jay say when they see that comparison?

I mean, Ronnie is supposedly the greatest bodybuilder in history. Does he look at that picture and say to himself, "Yeah, but bodybuilding has progress since then. We're bigger and more muscular now."

::)

Just = WRONG

That's lovely but Ronnie didn't look like that in the comparison photo nor in his last few Olympias.

Thanks for the playing though.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2013, 03:58:46 AM »
Marcus Haley's ballooned midsection is too embarrassing for this sport.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2013, 07:11:44 AM »
The women were in better shape

put a dick in it

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2013, 07:47:44 AM »
Dex defeated Ronnie and so did jay.... How bout branch who won 2 AC's he surely is a better bber than Cormier.

One thing u don't understand I'm not surprised is that dex was coming up and while these guys were already coming down, yes they were competitive but certainly not their best , flex was NOTHING to brag about in the early 2000's , levrone either, just cause they were winning some shows here and there mean jack shit cause goes to show how weak comp was.

They weren't just winning shows here and there. They were placing high at the Olympia in the early 2000s, just as they were in the 90s (Levrone placed 2nd TWICE). And they were doing so against their peers from the 90s along with newer competitors. Or did you forget that, as well?

:-[

For a 40 yr old thought u would understand but thinking outside of wins is too difficult for your fragile head u can't comprehend anything past an O win or AC and your only rebuttal is "your precious 90's guys"

Funny on this whole board u are the only one that no one agrees with wonder why? ::)

Your precious dex is starting to look like shit but u can't see past that belly even thinking he doesn't have one, your other hero cutler is just a disgusting pile of crap that future bbers should never follow

I must have missed the memo about not being able to make my point, unless othere people agree with me.

Your comments about Dex are beyond ridiculous. Even your precious 90s heroes (Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray, for example) have praised Dex for his re-emergence. They say he's looks terrific, even better than when he won the real Olympia. Ray referred to Jackson as the Albert Beckles of this generation. Wheeler was honored to have Jackson tie his ASC record (a bold prediction he made, shortly after Dex won the Masters).

So, while Wheeler, Ray, and even Dennis James can give Dexter Jackson his due, folks like you continue to spew nonsense.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2013, 07:55:54 AM »
Why don't u put branch in there he won 2 AC titles therefore....

Like someone said "from titles won yes but physiques NO"

Therefore what.....

It appears you don't read very well. I don't make my statements based SOLELY on titles.

I based them on titles, physiques, and level of competiton. Despite my saying that MULTIPLE TIMES, you keep repeating this foolishness.

In fact, just to show how silly your Branch Warren obsession is, I never claimed that Warren was among the greatest of all times or even better than Cormier.

Jackson and Cutler, on the other hand......

- They've beaten Cormier multiple times
- Won ASCs at his expense
- Placed higher than him at the Olympia
- Gone on to WIN the Oympia

Gee, I wonder why I'd ranked those two above the "Real Deal".  ::)

Lemme ask u if u could look like which of these bbers would u pick cutler or dex over a flex wheeler, Cormier , bob Paris, levrone.... ?? Answer this and don't dodge the question like u always do

PLEASE!!! The last thing I do is dodge questions from the likes of you.

I would pick Dex or Jay Cutler particularly Dex's 2005-2008 form or Culter, circa 2006

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2013, 09:37:08 AM »
put a dick in it

Bigger calves than Wolf's.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »
So by your genius logic Leon Spinks and Larry Holmes were better boxers than Muhummad Ali

and Buster Douglas was a better boxer than Mike Tyson

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2013, 10:17:07 AM »
They all look terrible. Dexter's abs shoot out at a 45 degree angle at his navel when relaxed and everyone looks smooth to some degree or another. They all have big guts with tiny legs with the exception of some of the younger guys who haven't yet been transformed with the dreaded GH Slin combo.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2013, 10:17:54 AM »
So by your genius logic Leon Spinks was a better boxer than Muhummad Ali

and Buster Douglas was a better boxer than Mike Tyson

It seems we have another here who can't comprehend the simplest of concepts.

What part of "titles, physiques, and level of competiton" don't you understand?

At NO TIME did I make my statements based solely on one factor. Not merely on titles, not merely on head-to-head matchup, not merely on physiques.

Are you and Bevo sharing the same brain? If so, get a refund and split the difference.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:54 AM »
It seems we have another here who can't comprehend the simplest of concepts.

What part of "titles, physiques, and level of competiton" don't you understand?

At NO TIME did I make my statements based solely on one factor. Not merely on titles, not merely on head-to-head matchup, not merely on physiques.

Are you and Bevo sharing the same brain? If so, get a refund and split the difference.

was Larry Holmes a better fighter than Muhuammad Ali ?

better record, beat him in competition and held the title longer

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2013, 10:20:50 AM »
They all look terrible. Dexter's abs shoot out at a 45 degree angle at his navel when relaxed and everyone looks smooth to some degree or another. They all have big guts with tiny legs with the exception of some of the younger guys who haven't yet been transformed with the dreaded GH Slin combo.
just yrs and yrs of same protocols i guess or taking more/combo's,,or just body burn out ,,took gaspari 5 yrs to do it..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2013, 10:22:27 AM »
was Larry Holmes a better fighter than Muhuammad Ali ?

better record, beat him in competition and held the title longer

I could have sworn we were talking about bodybuilders here.

Not to mention, unlike Holmes in boxing, Cormier, Ray, Wheeler, and Levrone never held "the title" in bodybuilding.