Author Topic: ARNOLD CLASSIC COMPARISION 2013 vs 90's  (Read 34338 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: ARNOLD CLASSIC COMPARISION 2013 vs 90's
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2013, 06:45:16 PM »

Ahhhh calling others idiots and dumb while u clearly stated dexter is better than ray bc he is "crowned" and u stated that Shawn can win any titles and it wouldn't matter cause dex won the O.... Hmmm that sounds like based on titles even though ray beat dex in EVERY comp. case closed . U really aren't that smart, but the sad thing u can't see fault in yourself and believe everything u say is right...

The frustration is clearly building up, can be that good for someone your age  ;)

You're as pitiful at judging emotions as you are at comprehending simple sentences and concept.

Yet again, you keep parroting the same tripe, claiming I said things which I clearly did not.

Yes, Dexter Jackson won the Olympia; but that is NOT the sole reason why I put him over Ray. The fact you can't grasp that (despite my saying as much multiple times) shows how bereft of sense you actually are.

And, that's just with Dex. Factor in Jay Cutler, WHO DID BEAT SHAWN RAY at the Olympia and actually won the Olympia (along with 3 ASCs to Ray's one); and your musings really fall flat.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »
cormiers best year was 2001

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »
cormiers best year was 2001

Just his luck that Ronnie was in the mood for a Hummer, which he claims is the only reason he entered the Arnold that year.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2013, 07:48:22 PM »
mcway is a good poster

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2013, 07:54:31 PM »
mcway is a good poster

Yes I thought it was Stan mcquay

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2013, 07:59:07 PM »
You're as pitiful at judging emotions as you are at comprehending simple sentences and concept.

Yet again, you keep parroting the same tripe, claiming I said things which I clearly did not.

Yes, Dexter Jackson won the Olympia; but that is NOT the sole reason why I put him over Ray. The fact you can't grasp that (despite my saying as much multiple times) shows how bereft of sense you actually are.

And, that's just with Dex. Factor in Jay Cutler, WHO DID BEAT SHAWN RAY at the Olympia and actually won the Olympia (along with 3 ASCs to Ray's one); and your musings really fall flat.

Jay didn't deserve any of his winnings or placings "the golden child" his 2001 shape and u can say 2009 is all is has, nothing special in his physique , by him winning those Arnold's and O's tell u that the judging is beyond ridiculous! It's not the best physique that won, it was politics and I'm speaking jay, branch etc.. Dex on the other hand really does have a good physique. Sure others like Dorian yes but he shits on cutler ten fold. In person all those guys are impressive IMO except jay and dex.

I've been fortunate enough to see all of them all the time as we all trained at golds Venice

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Arnold classic comparision
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »
Yes lets look  ;)

your just pissed because he has better thigh rods than your hero dorian yates :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2013, 08:32:52 PM »
Jay didn't deserve any of his winnings or placings "the golden child" his 2001 shape and u can say 2009 is all is has, nothing special in his physique , by him winning those Arnold's and O's tell u that the judging is beyond ridiculous! It's not the best physique that won, it was politics and I'm speaking jay, branch etc.. Dex on the other hand really does have a good physique. Sure others like Dorian yes but he shits on cutler ten fold. In person all those guys are impressive IMO except jay and dex.

I've been fortunate enough to see all of them all the time as we all trained at golds Venice

Jay didn't deserve any of his placings? Perhaps, you should undergo some drug testing (and I don't mean for anabolics).

This whole "golden child" thing is absurd. Jay looked terrific in 2001, as he did in 2006, when he finally unseated Ronnie Coleman to become Mr. O. But, in 2009, he was in pure BEAST MODE. Even (in the eyes of some) an improved Dexter Jackson couldn't handle that.

I can stomach your complaining about his 2007 and 2010 wins. But, that's as far as it goes.

Or maybe it's because Cutler pretty much slices your claims to ribbons, that he indeed defeated Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Chris Cormier, and others. And, he went on to win the big one.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2013, 11:32:50 PM »
Jay didn't deserve any of his placings? Perhaps, you should undergo some drug testing (and I don't mean for anabolics).

This whole "golden child" thing is absurd. Jay looked terrific in 2001, as he did in 2006, when he finally unseated Ronnie Coleman to become Mr. O. But, in 2009, he was in pure BEAST MODE. Even (in the eyes of some) an improved Dexter Jackson couldn't handle that.

I can stomach your complaining about his 2007 and 2010 wins. But, that's as far as it goes.

Or maybe it's because Cutler pretty much slices your claims to ribbons, that he indeed defeated Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Chris Cormier, and others. And, he went on to win the big one.

In 06 jay didn't look phenomenal
He wind because half of command back was torn
Simone as that
He looked good 01 and 09
choice is an illusion

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2013, 11:34:53 PM »
If I remember correctly, Ronnie was paid an appearance fee to enter that Arnold and I believe it was in the area of 100k. I remember reading that.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2013, 02:54:50 AM »

Dude I'm trying to make peace  :D as far as I know bbing is still subjective and that's my opinion towards jay

Geez what's wrong with u? We'll agree to disagree and if I see u in cali or tx I'm throwing hands  ;D

Jay unseated Ronnie cause Ronnie killed himself he looked like shit, Ronnie shouldn't even gotten his placing that year, he deserved it!

None of those guys are my heroes , I don't like jays physique I already said he was impressive in 2001 but didn't win... 2009 is was good What more?? Lots of guys don't deserve their placings and jay is not exceptions on a lot of his wins.

IMO and others jay didnt deserve his 2004 win over Cormier and yes in 2006 he didn't look good either .

When it's bbing the only guys I liked were Arnold, serge, and reeves actually. Modern I would go with Vic M

Btw, I'm all good cause when it's all said and done i guaranteed u Phil will be better than both jay and dex, I'm fine with that :D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2013, 03:12:54 AM »
Funny how Ron looks better there than he ever did winning an Olympia yet he probably placed 8th or so.

he was 4th here..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2013, 04:59:18 AM »
Notwithstanding this has zip to do with Romney, I argued that he'd be better for this country than Obama was. And, it turns out I was right, because the disasters that would fall on this country via a second Obama term are hitting, almost exactly as predicted.

And, we're barely into his second term.

Did or did not Cutler and Jackson defeat the likes of Levrone, Ray, Cormier, Wheeler, et. al., while they were STILL among the elite in bodybuilding?

Did they or did they not win the one title that those men could not win, Mr. Olympia?

Since you obviously know the answers to that, your claim that Cutler and Jackson aren't among the best of all time is beyond absurd. You and Bevo act as if those 90s guys suddenly turned into Ken Joneses and Jocelyn Peltiers, when Cutler and Jackson started defeating them.

Not when they were in their prime..it's really very simple..i'm done going in cirlcles with you, debating with people who.always think.they are right is a bore,  carry on

And nice revisionist history on Romney, you were screaming at the top of your lungs for months he was going to win...shall i dig up the debate and election threads ?   ;)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »
Dude I'm trying to make peace  :D as far as I know bbing is still subjective and that's my opinion towards jay

Geez what's wrong with u? We'll agree to disagree and if I see u in cali or tx I'm throwing hands  ;D

Jay unseated Ronnie cause Ronnie killed himself he looked like shit, Ronnie shouldn't even gotten his placing that year, he deserved it!

None of those guys are my heroes , I don't like jays physique I already said he was impressive in 2001 but didn't win... 2009 is was good What more?? Lots of guys don't deserve their placings and jay is not exceptions on a lot of his wins.

IMO and others jay didnt deserve his 2004 win over Cormier and yes in 2006 he didn't look good either .

When it's bbing the only guys I liked were Arnold, serge, and reeves actually. Modern I would go with Vic M

Btw, I'm all good cause when it's all said and done i guaranteed u Phil will be better than both jay and dex, I'm fine with that :D

Phil's off to a great start. If he beats Jay and Dex again and gets another Sandow, he'll definitely get my consideration.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »
Not when they were in their prime..it's really very simple..i'm done going in cirlcles with you, debating with people who.always think.they are right is a bore,  carry on

I could argue that neither Dex nor Jay were in their primes, either. So, it's basically a wash.

And nice revisionist history on Romney, you were screaming at the top of your lungs for months he was going to win...shall i dig up the debate and election threads ?   ;)

You can dig up the threads all you like.

I did believe he would win and said as much. I never denied that. In fact, I even stated would have to happen for him to win. Unfortunately, one key factor (his matching McCain's turnout) didn't. I ALSO stated what would happen under another Obama term.

That's not revisionist history. That's a fact.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
your just pissed because he has better thigh rods than your hero dorian yates :P

You really think so?

I think they're pretty even in that department, great development and separation. That is a strong pose for both guys too

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2013, 12:02:51 PM »
Yes lets look  ;)

Not very flattering pics

Dex looks like the proud baby daddy that just attended Lamaze class with his two banged-up hoes

guruthegreat

• Getbig II
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »
what is keeping Toney Freeman in top 6 in every show? He looks like narrow black branch warren. There is NO bodypart on him that stands out.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2013, 06:01:59 PM »
Funny how Ron looks better there than he ever did winning an Olympia yet he probably placed 8th or so.

well, he had the shape back then, but he needed a little more mass to fill out his frame and better definition, which he achieved by 98/99
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2013, 06:11:50 PM »
well, he had the shape back then, but he needed a little more mass to fill out his frame and better definition, which he achieved by 98/99

Not all he ' achieved ' in 98/99

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2013, 08:04:52 PM »
Not all he ' achieved ' in 98/99

his gut looks normal there.

if i freeze pics of you when you are exhaling you would look the same

nice fail though.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2013, 08:05:53 PM »
ps this is a gut :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2013, 10:18:20 PM »
The problem is that the IFBB doesn't stick to an aesthetic standard.

If some freak comes out who is ripped, like granite etc but with somewhat poor aesthetics, lines etc, then at best he should be given 2nd.

That way, those kinds of physiques can get rewarded but never all the way.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2013, 06:15:51 AM »
The problem is that the IFBB doesn't stick to an aesthetic standard.

If some freak comes out who is ripped, like granite etc but with somewhat poor aesthetics, lines etc, then at best he should be given 2nd.

That way, those kinds of physiques can get rewarded but never all the way.

Not sure but I think the real criteria actually encompasses skin texture, completeness, v-taper and proportion. This would rule out for example branch and all with large guts. But they now reward muscularity over anything so these aspects takes a backseat.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2013, 06:26:56 AM »
In 06 jay didn't look phenomenal
He wind because half of command back was torn
Simone as that
He looked good 01 and 09

Agreed.  He didn't impress me at all in '06.  Ronnie beat himself that year.

But he did also look incredible at the '02 Ironman, if memory serves.