Author Topic: RONNIE BEATS ME, quote from Dorian Yates  (Read 76334 times)

XL™

• Getbig II
  • San Diego is where all the guys like 619 live
Re: RONNIE BEATS ME, quote from Dorian Yates
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2005, 10:35:05 PM »
  Personally, I think the best Ronnie ever was the one we saw at the 99 O, when he came in the same shape as in 98, except a few pounds heavier. In 2001, he was too depleted and haden't gained any mass in the past two years. In 2003, Ronnie came in too big for his structure, obviously holding a considerable amount of bodyfat(6%) and water under his skin. His 99 shape, when he was 250 lbs, at 4% bodyfat and holding no film of water under his skin was perfect, as he showed full detail in his back, abs and thighs, with no muscle being overpowering and with a tight midsection.

Dorian's best shape ever, I think, was at the 96 O-which I happened to attend. At 255 lbs, at 2% bodyfat and dehydrated to point of almost needing a Potassium IV, Dorian showed extreme dryness, detail and separation. The minus was that he lost some of his incredible density and fullness, looking a little flat(even though he was still, by far, the fullest of the contest). Next year, Dorian weighed 266 lbs for pre-judging, ballooning to 274 lbs by the night show. His density and hardness were at their all time best, being, in fact, the greatest ever seen in all times. He was still carrying his trademark 2% bodyfat, with almost no water under his skin. However, being almost 20 lbs heavier than the past year had it's bad consequences too. For one, Dorian's midsection was wider, taking away from his balance, and he lost detail in his thighs, chest and also some on his back. He was by FAR the best of the contest, but Dorian failed to translate his extreme density and dryness AND crispness of detail ith muscular balance with his 270 lbs+ package.

Comparing Dorian to Ronnie can take two different forms. The first involves comparing the best of Ronnie vs the best of Dorian, and the second involves the biggest of Ronnie vs the biggest of Dorian. Let's start with the first. So, let's compare the 255 lbs Dorian from 96 to the 250 lbs Ronnie from 99. Ronnie showed slightly better detail and thigh development than Dorian, at that weight. He also displayed a more classical V-taper, with a great shoulder-toaist ratio. Dorian, on the other hand, trashes Ronnie in density, overall development, back detail, calves and traps development and annihilates him in conditioning. Point for Dorian. Now let's compare the 97 O Dorian to the 2004 Ronnie. Dorian was 274 lbs by the night show, at 2% bodyfat and superbly dry. Ronnie was 296 lbs at the 2004 O, at 5% or 6% bodyfat and clearly holding a thick film of water under his skin. Ronnie showed greater thigh and delt development than Dorian, but Dorian took Ronnie on calves, traps, hamstrings and chest. Ronnie's lats were as wide as Dorian's, but still not as thick. Ronnie's physique was completely out of proportion, with his waist being too wide for his delts and his trap and delt mass overpowering his chest. Ronnie's conditioning was one of the worst I've ever seen on a pro. Besides his unacceptable level of fat and water retained under his skin, he had un overrall bloated look on his entire body, making him display terrible muscular detail for a pro; I've seen NPC competitors show better separation than that. Point for The Yates. I've been to the 1996, 1997, 1999 and 2003 Olympias and I must say that, taking into consideration everything(mass, structure, density, detail and conditioning), Dorian was the superior bodybuilder. As Samir Bannout, Lee Labrada, Mike Mentzer, Sergio Oliva and Michael Francois have all said, at one moment or other:"Dorian is the greatest bodybuilder of all times". I second that.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
MELTDOWN

Bast06

« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2005, 10:38:35 PM »
Dorian beats Ronnie on Calves, Forearms, and his Chest may not have been more developed but it looked better than Ronnie's.  Ronnie's chest droops down. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2005, 10:39:30 PM »
MELTDOWN

I feel sorry for you. I hope life starts treating you better.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

XL™

• Getbig II
  • San Diego is where all the guys like 619 live
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2005, 10:41:06 PM »
  I feel sorry for you. I hope life starts treating you better.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
thanks for the support.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2005, 10:59:58 PM »
I am still laughing at the comment that Dorian trashes Ronnie in back detail.

I guess the pics I posted from the 99 british grand prix must be a little fuzzy on some computers.. ::)

and the comment about lat thickness was pretty funny too.  In 2003 at 287 pounds, I would argue that Ronnie's lats were thicker than just about anyone's:

Flower Boy Ran Away

GMCtrk

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2005, 11:10:50 PM »
Well, even today, there are people that felt that Flex should have won in 1993.

I've never heard anyone say this. Even Flex himself admits that 93 Dorian just annihilated everyone at the O. And like I said before, a 93 Wheeler would have beated Ronnie at the 98 olympia...

Dr. Xavier

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2005, 11:14:13 PM »
Yep, Ronnie wins with the back double biceps pose. Dorian's lack of biceps, triceps, glutes detail and absolutely no sweep of the thighs would really stand out if they posed side by side together.

One of the reason's Dorian's calves look so big is b/c very narrow and strange upper thigh development. He did what Arnold used to do. Build up the calves to make the thighs look bigger.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2005, 11:32:01 PM »
I've never heard anyone say this. Even Flex himself admits that 93 Dorian just annihilated everyone at the O. And like I said before, a 93 Wheeler would have beated Ronnie at the 98 olympia...

Actually, quite a few people have stated this in many different Ronnie vs. Dorian threads on this board.

its not hard to see why...
Flower Boy Ran Away

GMCtrk

« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2005, 11:41:59 PM »
Actually, quite a few people have stated this in many different Ronnie vs. Dorian threads on this board.

its not hard to see why...

Pictures mean nothing, if bodybuilding was judged on pictures, I could have made a case for Jay to win the O this year....we all know of course that outcome would have been laughable

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2005, 01:58:07 AM »
Indeed. You usually make some reasonable points Hulkster but the Flex/Dorian statement from 93 is nonsense and I think you probably know it. NOBODY thought Flex had won in 1993 - even Flex himself. And when the runners-up concede, you know the winner IS Mr Olympia. Nobody thought it then, and nobody thinks it now.
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2005, 07:44:06 AM »
Dan " Dorian Yates on his best day vs Ronnie Coleman on his best day who wins ? "

Dorian's best day the back & white photos of Yates right before the 1993 Mr Olympia at 269lbs , Ronnie's best day 2001 Arnold Classic at 245lbs no conest Yates beats Ronnie in every single pose period end of sentence. , Lil Flip Game Over.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2005, 07:47:05 AM »
Every single pose.  :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2005, 07:50:10 AM »
 ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2005, 08:24:41 AM »
Indeed. You usually make some reasonable points Hulkster but the Flex/Dorian statement from 93 is nonsense and I think you probably know it. NOBODY thought Flex had won in 1993 - even Flex himself. And when the runners-up concede, you know the winner IS Mr Olympia. Nobody thought it then, and nobody thinks it now.

would you like me to dig up old posts from different members of this board?

Sorry, but you are wrong.

some felt that Flex's more aesthetic physique was much more appealing and better looking than Dorian's, even at the 93 Olympia. 
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2005, 08:33:57 AM »
I think Ronnie looked better at the 99 British Grand Prix than he did at the Arnold Classic.

ronnie in this shape would wipe the floor with Dorian. Dorian has Better conditioning - yeah right- not at this show. Check out the back shots I posted earlier.

and you are insane if you think that the shot of the Yates back double bi, with its lack of detail beats that Coleman shot.

I already showed you with my earlier pics that Ronnie takes Yates in the mandatories 5 to 3.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2005, 08:53:33 AM »
would you like me to dig up old posts from different members of this board?

Sorry, but you are wrong.

some felt that Flex's more aesthetic physique was much more appealing and better looking than Dorian's, even at the 93 Olympia. 

Flex said in 93 that Yates was unbeatable , I myself would have prefered Flex to win but that never materialized , but 93 Shawn Ray felt he was robbed out of second and Flex was given a gift .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2005, 09:00:07 AM »
I think Ronnie looked better at the 99 British Grand Prix than he did at the Arnold Classic.

ronnie in this shape would wipe the floor with Dorian. Dorian has Better conditioning - yeah right- not at this show. Check out the back shots I posted earlier.

and you are insane if you think that the shot of the Yates back double bi, with its lack of detail beats that Coleman shot.

I already showed you with my earlier pics that Ronnie takes Yates in the mandatories 5 to 3.

Yates at 269lbs destroys ANY version of Coleman , you keep going on about this 99 Britsih GP and I don't know why , its typical Coleman with great lighting & a dark backround , he looks excellent but he also had a gut if you watch the vid , and look at the pics with Flex and Kevin the lighting makes all of them look great.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2005, 09:09:25 AM »
Yates at 269lbs destroys ANY version of Coleman , you keep going on about this 99 Britsih GP and I don't know why , its typical Coleman with great lighting & a dark backround , he looks excellent but he also had a gut if you watch the vid , and look at the pics with Flex and Kevin the lighting makes all of them look great.

you can't use Coleman's gut against him when Yates cleary had a gut at his all time best contest shape.

And the fact that "you don't know why" Coleman looked amazing at the GP show, shows that you are becoming more and more delusional by the minute! Flex, Kevin and Ronnie all looked amazing at that show - because they were!
Flower Boy Ran Away

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2005, 09:11:32 AM »
hahahaha, i love how Narc posts the Dorian pic and then a Ronnie pic that's half it's size, how convenient. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2005, 09:12:08 AM »
Lack of detail in his bacl  ::) you come up with some tall stories kid , Yates had amazing detail in his back

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2005, 09:15:43 AM »
you can't use Coleman's gut against him when Yates cleary had a gut at his all time best contest shape.

And the fact that "you don't know why" Coleman looked amazing at the GP show, shows that you are becoming more and more delusional by the minute! Flex, Kevin and Ronnie all looked amazing at that show - because they were!

What part of " he looked excellent "  didn't you see? you keep going on about that contest and he looked like he did in 98/99 excellent but that particular contest they had a very dark backround and dramatic lighting which adds to the effect , that version of Coleman is no more spectacular then his 98 O or 99 O just better lighting and again he looked excellent.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2005, 09:18:22 AM »
hahahaha, i love how Narc posts the Dorian pic and then a Ronnie pic that's half it's size, how convenient. ::)

Not convenient I didn't scan those pics of Ronnie I got them from a site , if I had scanned them I would have made them just as big , whoever put the Ronnie pics on the new made them small not me .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2005, 12:48:50 PM »
Lack of detail in his bacl  ::) you come up with some tall stories kid , Yates had amazing detail in his back

not in his upper back.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2005, 12:49:51 PM »
Not convenient I didn't scan those pics of Ronnie I got them from a site , if I had scanned them I would have made them just as big , whoever put the Ronnie pics on the new made them small not me .

why are you posting lat spreads where Ronnie is not fully flexing yet?

now, THAT is convienient. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2005, 01:19:41 PM »
Why Yates won is more obvious on video, pics don't fully convey the unusual density. Density and calves he had over Ron, that's about it.

Other than that, he had:

-OK arm size at best - kid-like compared to Ron. So-so size along with average cuts and mediocre refinement.
-Waist n' hips too big, lacks taper in comparison.
-Decent overall size, nothing special

The crab shot is embarassing, given Yates' striking lack of volume and detail in comparison with Ron. Yates also has larger joints = less sweep.

Remind me again how he beat Dillet even once, other than politics and the fact he's white?

Debating the obvious becomes boring.