Author Topic: speaking of reps and rep range....  (Read 11310 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
speaking of reps and rep range....
« on: April 19, 2013, 06:09:20 AM »
i'm gonna try a little experiment with them and it will go something like this...

i need bis and chest so...

for bis i'll keep my rep range @ 6-10 while faithfully practicing progressive overload

and for chest i'll keep my rep range @ 15-20 again while faithfully practicing progressive overload

njflex, mr. n, and borracho have my pics so they will be judges for this little experiment of mine, if that will be cool for them 8)

and btw, if this thread would be more appropriate in the training logs section, the mods can just move it on over there, no problems, coz i wasn't sure to put it here or over there

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: speaking of reps and rep range....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 06:17:15 AM »
i'm gonna try a little experiment with them and it will go something like this...

i need bis and chest so...

for bis i'll keep my rep range @ 6-10 while faithfully practicing progressive overload

and for chest i'll keep my rep range @ 15-20 again while faithfully practicing progressive overload

njflex, mr. n, and borracho have my pics so they will be judges for this little experiment of mine, if that will be cool for them 8)

and btw, if this thread would be more appropriate in the training logs section, the mods can just move it on over there, no problems, coz i wasn't sure to put it here or over there

15-20 too high on chest reps, 6-10 on those too.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 06:36:20 AM »
agree lot of power fibers there to tap into with mod/heavy loads....6/12

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 06:48:54 AM »

yes man, i know that you FEEL this way, as you've said it to me MANY FUCKING TIMES

but you WILL NOT change my mind

i'm gonna do this experiment and we will see once and for all if you are right on not

so i ask you 3 dudes to judge this fairly and honestly, and i'll keep the strength and rep updates that go on with this here on this thread, and i'll most likely send out the update pics to y'all in 6 to 8 weeks 8)

this will be a cool and fun experiment, and i'm looking forward to it :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
yes man, i know that you FEEL this way, as you've said it to me MANY FUCKING TIMES

but you WILL NOT change my mind

i'm gonna do this experiment and we will see once and for all if you are right on not

so i ask you 3 dudes to judge this fairly and honestly, and i'll keep the strength and rep updates that go on with this here on this thread, and i'll most likely send out the update pics to y'all in 6 to 8 weeks 8)

this will be a cool and fun experiment, and i'm looking forward to it :)
HEY U DID GOOD,,I RECHECK THEM AGAIN FOR MORE IMPROVEMENTS,,AND SUPERDROL STILL GOING AS WELL..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 07:19:32 AM »
HEY U DID GOOD,,I RECHECK THEM AGAIN FOR MORE IMPROVEMENTS,,AND SUPERDROL STILL GOING AS WELL..

thank you brother :)

and now you're gonna see even more and better improvements ;)

and as far as sdrol goes, yep i'm still on, but i lowered the dose a bit and i've gotten even better results (yeah, i know you won't believe it, but it's true)

these "better results" come mainly from my revised "dieting" practices, i believe

p.s. it's not all juice, it's a combo of juice, good diet, and effective training ;)

but there is one thing that must happen for this experiment to be taken seriously, and that is... my training loads MUST increase on all lifts and if they don't then i won't gain any size (at least that is my belief)

today i'll do my first pec workout with the new rep range and i'll post up my starting stats 8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 07:57:55 AM »
thank you brother :)

and now you're gonna see even more and better improvements ;)

and as far as sdrol goes, yep i'm still on, but i lowered the dose a bit and i've gotten even better results (yeah, i know you won't believe it, but it's true)

these "better results" come mainly from my revised "dieting" practices, i believe

p.s. it's not all juice, it's a combo of juice, good diet, and effective training ;)

but there is one thing that must happen for this experiment to be taken seriously, and that is... my training loads MUST increase on all lifts and if they don't then i won't gain any size (at least that is my belief)

today i'll do my first pec workout with the new rep range and i'll post up my starting stats 8)
WHAT ARE EXERCISES BEING DONE AND ARE U OPENING UP TO MORE STUFF,,,

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 08:00:19 AM »
I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this, but i didn't start to see serious changes to my pecs until i started training in the 10-20 rep range.  I was a power lifter for many years and after that i was a huge fan of Max-OT in the 4-6 rep range.  A few years ago i started doing presses and flyes in the 10-20 rep failure range and my chest has never looked better.

Just my opinion, chest has always been a weakness for me even though i am a very strong presser.

8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 08:08:05 AM »
thanks for the input Overload :)

and i'll answer your question here in a few nj, after i finish up my chest/ab training session 8)

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 08:18:56 AM »
nimrod king built a very good physique with higher reps......give it a shot and keep us up to date as far as your progress goes.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 08:34:05 AM »
It won't work, why not 50 reps?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 08:39:10 AM »
It won't work, why not 50 reps?

it WILL work, and i will PROVE it to you ;)

you know you can trust me and i'll say what i do and you will see the pics to show and prove my results 8)

i'm just curious which will work better... 15-20 reps on chest or 6-10 reps on bis, or maybe both

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 08:50:38 AM »
it WILL work, and i will PROVE it to you ;)

you know you can trust me and i'll say what i do and you will see the pics to show and prove my results 8)

i'm just curious which will work better... 15-20 reps on chest or 6-10 reps on bis, or maybe both
Ok then are marathon runners bigger than sprinters? We'll wait for the pics I have the previous ones so I can judge progress again.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 08:55:37 AM »
Ok then are marathon runners bigger than sprinters? We'll wait for the pics I have the previous ones so I can judge progress again.

well dude, that's the point as i'm asking you 3 dudes to judge my progress or lack thereof

i can't say for sure what will happen but this will be an interesting experiment :)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 09:29:37 AM »
allright just slammed my post workout meal of a shish-kebab on a stick and some watered down grapefruit juice... YUMMY ;D

so this here is my start pec/ab workout...

1. db bent-arm pullover=22kg (48.5lb) for 22 reps til failure, so next workout i will use 24kg (53lb)

2. weighted push-up with feet on bed and each hand on a chair (to get very deep reps)=bodyweight with 25 kg added (55lb) for 15 reps til failure, so next workout i'll use 25 kg once again

3. weighted crunch while holding plates in my hands, and hands are overhead to make it harder, and holding at the top postion for a count of 3=10 kg (22lb) for 14 reps til failure, so next workout i'll use 10 kg once again

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 09:33:24 AM »
allright just slammed my post workout meal of a shish-kebab on a stick and some watered down grapefruit juice... YUMMY ;D

so this here is my start pec/ab workout...

1. db bent-arm pullover=22kg (48.5lb) for 22 reps til failure, so next workout i will use 24kg (53lb)

2. weighted push-up with feet on bed and each hand on a chair (to get very deep reps)=bodyweight with 25 kg added (55lb) for 15 reps til failure, so next workout i'll use 25 kg once again

3. weighted crunch while holding plates in my hands, and hands are overhead to make it harder, and holding at the top postion for a count of 3=10 kg (22lb) for 14 reps til failure, so next workout i'll use 10 kg once again
BY A BENCH SMALL ONE,,USE THOSE DBELL'S... FLYES/PRESSES..WILL GROW REAL THICKNESS,,,

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:43 AM »
BY A BENCH SMALL ONE,,USE THOSE DBELL'S... FLYES/PRESSES..WILL GROW REAL THICKNESS,,,
There you go exactly. I have been telling him this for a year.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
There you go exactly. I have been telling him this for a year.
ITS THE ONLY WAY...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »

can't do flyes, my bad shoulder won't let me

so you think there's a diff btw weighted push-up and db benches? i don't think so...

my shoulder will let me do db bench, but even if i bought a bench i still couldn't do them here, seeing as i train VERY HARD AND TIL ABSOLUTE FAILURE, so when i do db bench i gotta unload the bells onto the floor and i kinda doubt my downstairs neighbor would be so happy bout dat ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »
nimrod king built a very good physique with higher reps......give it a shot and keep us up to date as far as your progress goes.
Nimrod I forgot about him a great physique he had. Good find.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 10:12:38 AM »
You need a straight bar you can use the plates on it, not very expensive just buy a bar dude.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
can't do flyes, my bad shoulder won't let me

so you think there's a diff btw weighted push-up and db benches? i don't think so...

my shoulder will let me do db bench, but even if i bought a bench i still couldn't do them here, seeing as i train VERY HARD AND TIL ABSOLUTE FAILURE, so when i do db bench i gotta unload the bells onto the floor and i kinda doubt my downstairs neighbor would be so happy bout dat ;D
I DO NOT NO ANYBODY INCLUDING MYSELF THAT DEVELOPED A GREAT/GOOD CHEST WITH WEIGHTED PUSHUPS AS MAIN EXERCISE,,,

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 10:33:42 AM »
I DO NOT NO ANYBODY INCLUDING MYSELF THAT DEVELOPED A GREAT/GOOD CHEST WITH WEIGHTED PUSHUPS AS MAIN EXERCISE,,,

ok, so we will see how this goes, and if i develop an outstanding chest doing weighted push-ups then maybe you'll change your mind ;)

You need a straight bar you can use the plates on it, not very expensive just buy a bar dude.

allright dude, so let's say that i buy a straight bar and a bench

so what the fuck do i do when i load the bar up and go to ABSOULUTE FAILURE?

it don't make no sense, coz there's no one to spot me and take the weight off my when i fail ???

and btw, here's my bi/forearm workout which i'll most likely do tomorrow

1. db sup curl
2. db hammer curl
3. wrist curl

also, i think that i'll only train squats @ maintaince once every 10-12 days, so this will give me more energy reserves to really hammer chest/abs/bis/forearms

but i may buy a short straight bar so that i can do straight bar curls with it, and i could do wrist curls with it too

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 10:53:16 AM »
ok, so we will see how this goes, and if i develop an outstanding chest doing weighted push-ups then maybe you'll change your mind ;)

allright dude, so let's say that i buy a straight bar and a bench

so what the fuck do i do when i load the bar up and go to ABSOULUTE FAILURE?

it don't make no sense, coz there's no one to spot me and take the weight off my when i fail ???

and btw, here's my bi/forearm workout which i'll most likely do tomorrow

1. db sup curl
2. db hammer curl
3. wrist curl

also, i think that i'll only train squats @ maintaince once every 10-12 days, so this will give me more energy reserves to really hammer chest/abs/bis/forearms

but i may buy a short straight bar so that i can do straight bar curls with it, and i could do wrist curls with it too
U DON'T NEED FAILURE ON BENCH FINISH AT END AND REP IT SLOW AND SQUEEZE,,NOBODY WANT POWERLIFTING #'S FROM U...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2013, 11:11:49 AM »
U DON'T NEED FAILURE ON BENCH FINISH AT END AND REP IT SLOW AND SQUEEZE,,NOBODY WANT POWERLIFTING #'S FROM U...

yeah but i think you forgot that i come from a HIT backround

and yes, i've tried all methods ie. volume, multiple exercises per bodypart, etc and honest to God those volume methods never did shit for me, and in fact they made me get even smaller and weaker :'(

like Mentzer said... "bodybuilding IS NOT and endurance contest" 8)

yea i understand volume worked for you, but it DOES NOT work for me

i need to train til failure to allow myself to practice PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD, and if i don't push til failure then i'm not able to increase my training loads :(

the thing that i'm trying to figure out now is a few things...

1. can 15-20 reps til failure give as good or even better results than 6-10 reps til failure?

2. are 2 exercises per bodypart better than 1 exercise per bodypart?