Author Topic: my "updated and renewed" 3 Phase Project  (Read 139490 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: my "updated and renewed" 3 Phase Project
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2013, 08:51:12 PM »
messed around on the bench yesterday and i got a massive 95 kg (210 pounds) for a competition style bench (this is with a full 2 second pause) and i had at least 10 or maybe 20 more pounds in me for an all-our single

this ain't so bad since i just started benching on saturday and that my weight has now stabilized to 71 kg (which is a bout a buck 57)

if all goes well i should have a 300 pound bench in me within 2 months time (i'm talking an ipf passed lift with a FULL 2 second pause at the chest)

there's 2 weight classes that got my name on them and they are.... 74 kg and/or 83 kg

i'm looking pretty tight now with my ripped, seperated and dense muscles with capped out delts, nicley shaped arms, and my pecs are filling out rather nicely 8) so i don't really need much more kilo of muscle on me as i notice the females checking me out as i strut round town in my sleeveless pink floyd tee ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2013, 04:57:57 AM »
messed around on the bench yesterday and i got a massive 95 kg (210 pounds) for a competition style bench (this is with a full 2 second pause) and i had at least 10 or maybe 20 more pounds in me for an all-our single

this ain't so bad since i just started benching on saturday and that my weight has now stabilized to 71 kg (which is a bout a buck 57)

if all goes well i should have a 300 pound bench in me within 2 months time (i'm talking an ipf passed lift with a FULL 2 second pause at the chest)

there's 2 weight classes that got my name on them and they are.... 74 kg and/or 83 kg

i'm looking pretty tight now with my ripped, seperated and dense muscles with capped out delts, nicley shaped arms, and my pecs are filling out rather nicely 8) so i don't really need much more kilo of muscle on me as i notice the females checking me out as i strut round town in my sleeveless pink floyd tee ;)

What is the world record for your weight?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2013, 05:15:34 AM »
What is the world record for your weight?

real fucking funny man :D :D :D

but if you're talking shirt free then i guess that i could look it up

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2013, 05:23:22 AM »
real fucking funny man :D :D :D

but if you're talking shirt free then i guess that i could look it up
I think the record is around 275 at 150 lbs bodyweight.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2013, 05:43:56 AM »
I think the record is around 275 at 150 lbs bodyweight.

:D :D :D

just looked up an un-equipped world championship last year in sweden, and now it's made me decide to stay in the 74 kg class and not go up to the 83 kg class lol

a respectable shirt-free bench in the 74 kg class is 120-125 kg, which is 265-275

but a respectable shirt-free bench in the 83 kg class is... 160-165 kg which is 350-360 FUCK!!!

so if i stay lighter i can be competitive putting up 275-300 but if i go up just 10 fucking pounds i better be pressing near 400 fucking pounds... FUCK THAT >:( >:( >:(

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2013, 01:50:31 PM »
i'm projecting a 100 kg triple pause for me within 2 weeks time as i'm just getting back to the bench and the feel of the move and such

i bet that i'll be able to press 140 kg before the end of july which will be a DAMN GOOD bench for a 70 some kilo punkass like myself 8)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
i'm projecting a 100 kg triple pause for me within 2 weeks time as i'm just getting back to the bench and the feel of the move and such

i bet that i'll be able to press 140 kg before the end of july which will be a DAMN GOOD bench for a 70 some kilo punkass like myself 8)
I don't think you can get 140 g.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2013, 12:50:22 AM »
lol

oh well, even if i don't get it, i sure am getting nice looks from hot females ;)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2013, 05:20:37 AM »
i played around on the barbell squats today and i worked up to a whopping 40 kg lol

but i do these squats with expert form and keep the bar high on my traps and squat all the way down to a bit past parallel

my plan is to basically keep my squat weight in line with my bench weight

at the moment my bench training weight is 80-90 kg

i'd rather stay in the 74 kg class but i guess that i'll just keep plugging away on training for strength and then let the bodyweight take care of itself

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2013, 03:23:05 PM »
listen mate... you are starting to be a bit ridicules...300lbs in 2 months Bench press .. do be fucking Brief son. You are really being stupid. you should start from scratch in the Gym.. a few machines then later a split Routine.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »
listen mate... you are starting to be a bit ridicules...300lbs in 2 months Bench press .. do be fucking Brief son. You are really being stupid. you should start from scratch in the Gym.. a few machines then later a split Routine.

my previous PR on the bench was 265 with a full 2 second pause at the chest WITHOUT STEROIDS

now i'm on steroids, so it ain't such a ridiculous claim brother

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2013, 10:55:09 AM »
my previous PR on the bench was 265 with a full 2 second pause at the chest WITHOUT STEROIDS

If you ever are on Holiday in Germany pm me and we can meet. I do not know you dj but i do find you funny.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2013, 12:55:42 PM »

I did 275 at 17 years old.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2013, 01:07:44 PM »
If you ever are on Holiday in Germany pm me and we can meet. I do not know you dj but i do find you funny.

will do ;D

I did 275 at 17 years old.

did you pause it at your chest for 2 full seconds and was it a passed lift in a sanctioned meet?

mine was

also, how much did you weigh when you did it?

when i did mine i made weight of 148, but i actually weighed 157 "normally"

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2013, 03:18:50 PM »
will do ;D

did you pause it at your chest for 2 full seconds and was it a passed lift in a sanctioned meet?

mine was

also, how much did you weigh when you did it?

when i did mine i made weight of 148, but i actually weighed 157 "normally"
Yes around 175 at the time just a kid, got the trophy still.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2013, 03:35:05 PM »
dj....bless him.... ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2013, 09:59:16 PM »

PROPS

dj....bless him.... ;D

see above 8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2013, 06:12:58 AM »
seems The Wild Horse is finally settling down a bit and is working himself into a rather consistent routine/split

i'm basically following a 3-way split of push/pull/legs except pull day is mainly just a bi day ;D

push day is the most involved since i'm prepping for doing some bp meets here in the fall

on push day i'll focus on bench technique and heavy floor presses and finish off with some pec-deck and pressdowns for a bit of bodybuilding work 8)

on pull day i'll do barbell curls and another bi exercise and then maybe do some light pulley rows, just to maintain back

on leg day i'll do barbell squats and leg press

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2013, 02:41:03 AM »
i'm training too damn much and my curls went down a rep, i gotta back the fuck off a bit

also, i plan to focus on the floor press for awhile to rock up dat bench 8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2013, 06:49:05 AM »
i'm training too damn much and my curls went down a rep, i gotta back the fuck off a bit

also, i plan to focus on the floor press for awhile to rock up dat bench 8)
down a rep,,,dude cmon,,,u put wayyy too much into this,,,your main goal is to carve a physique ..strenght comes with more muscle,stamina,rest,who cares if u lose a rep,if u look ripped amen,if u feel good halleluha,relax lifting is fun not to stress about..

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2013, 08:12:04 AM »
The Wild Horse might want to slow down to a trot now and than.  But glad your into some kind of targeted focus. Don't worry about losing a rep or two, were all on a biological cycle...some great days, some crap days. That includes mental and emotional days as well. A day away from training has also been know to help with steady progress.

Might find that spending a little more time with back/lat work will improve your bench. And for sure, squats and DL's will. Floor presses are great, as are 3 to 4 inch lockouts for benches. Going to find that ligament/tendon strength is going to have a big role in getting a better bench. Adding strength is a combo of ligament/tendon (joint) and muscle power. You really don't have to gain a lot of muscle weight to become extra strong. Some of the lighter class Pl'ers are super strong, without that much added muscle mass. Having 19" guns never means your the most powerful guy in the gym.

Good Luck
F

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2013, 10:23:08 AM »
thanks for the feedback dudes :)

to jpm: what kinda rep scheme would you recommend on the floor presses?

i'm thinking either triples or maybe even go up to 5 reps MAX

i've been researching floor presses on youtube and on the net and some dudes just do singles on them, but i'm thinking to keep the singles only for the regular bench (basically to work on and practice my form)

to nj: remember dude, i'm very competitive so i take this shit kinda personal, but you're right, i need to relax now and then

and on a side note, do you think i'm at a bigger risk for injury with this bench training if i'm very lean?

i'm a little bit fatter now, but still under 7%, but of course this is pissing me off as well, so i've decided to watch my cals a bit more and not be so careless with eating everything in sight

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2013, 10:28:11 AM »
down a rep,,,dude cmon,,,u put wayyy too much into this,,,your main goal is to carve a physique ..strenght comes with more muscle,stamina,rest,who cares if u lose a rep,if u look ripped amen,if u feel good halleluha,relax lifting is fun not to stress about..
Steve's advice is spot on.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2013, 01:26:16 PM »
btw, this is one of ma fav bench prep tunes FUCK YEA!!!!!!!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2013, 09:48:50 AM »
DJ181

Don't know what your whole program is, but might suggest 4X3's for floor presses. If interested, than also 3X3's of lockouts from a 3 to 4 inch starting position. Either case your influencing the tendons/ligaments, as well as muscle strength. May also suggest never go to the point of failure on any set.

If doing any of the above, with serious intent, than the lats/upper back, should  feel quite worked and sore . Which may highlight the need for working the back hard to improve the bench. Most all top line bencher's do. Good Luck.
F