Author Topic: How much gear are pro powerlifters running?  (Read 39835 times)

Mr.Olegowitsch

• Getbig II
How much gear are pro powerlifters running?
« on: October 09, 2013, 05:10:15 AM »
Hey fellas,

what do you think... how much juice are pro powerlifters like Brandon Lilly, Dan Greene and co. running? I know it's hard to tell but maybe there are some lifters
here on getbig who have an idea of how much drugs you need to pick up those heavy ass weights. 

I am aware that training is number 1 key for success in powerlifting and that genetics, bone structure and all that things play a big role... but to be at an elite level  you got to take your ''supps''.

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: How much gear are pro powerlifters running?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 06:54:54 AM »
Can't speak for the majority, but I have two friends that compete in powerlifting and they run ridiculous amounts of halo and winny.
One of them is 280lbs and he told me he was running 150mgs of halo in addition to winstrol, kind of sane dosages for semi pros but this amount was done for several weeks at a time before competitions. He'd switch off test bases from cyp to suspension depending on his workout schedule.

Once I started lifting alongside them it was clear that powerlifters are the worst abusers of orals compared to bodybuilders hands down. The shit they would eat too was frightening.

Mr.Olegowitsch

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:42:42 AM »
Can't speak for the majority, but I have two friends that compete in powerlifting and they run ridiculous amounts of halo and winny.
One of them is 280lbs and he told me he was running 150mgs of halo in addition to winstrol, kind of sane dosages for semi pros but this amount was done for several weeks at a time before competitions. He'd switch off test bases from cyp to suspension depending on his workout schedule.

Once I started lifting alongside them it was clear that powerlifters are the worst abusers of orals compared to bodybuilders hands down. The shit they would eat too was frightening.

Very interesting! Thanks. I also thought that powerlifters are using A LOT of orals ... but 150 mg of Halotest with Winny for a semi pro... sounds pretty crazy to me lol. Just imagine how much of everything the ,,big boys'' are runnning   :D

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:55:24 AM »

Fuck me!  I thought I was going to die of liver failure when i was on 50 mg daily!  This dude must look like Markus Ruhl!  The powerlifters I have talked to take amounts that would make gh15 scared.  Some of these guys look like their blood pressure is in the 4 digit range.  Straight up purple faces.  Amazing what the human body can withstand.  anabolichalo needs to get on this guys cycle and then his arms will break 18" unpumped.  and then he will get the girls.

Mr.Olegowitsch

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 01:06:57 PM »
Fuck me!  I thought I was going to die of liver failure when i was on 50 mg daily!  This dude must look like Markus Ruhl!  The powerlifters I have talked to take amounts that would make gh15 scared.  Some of these guys look like their blood pressure is in the 4 digit range.  Straight up purple faces.  Amazing what the human body can withstand.  anabolichalo needs to get on this guys cycle and then his arms will break 18" unpumped.  and then he will get the girls.

Can you post an example of what and how much gear those powerlifters took, pls?

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »
Just look at the stack Ryan Kennelly was running when he got busted. There was a thread on here. It was amazing. 

Mr.Olegowitsch

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
Just look at the stack Ryan Kennelly was running when he got busted. There was a thread on here. It was amazing. 

Yeah, I remember I saw his stack once in a thread. Gramms of testosterona and other shit lol. I suppose many other elite powerlifters do not take much less ;)

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 01:40:19 PM »
Most of the guys I used to train with loved mass amounts of Test, EQ, Tren and as stated earlier...lots of orals...Halo especially.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 02:55:36 PM »
anabolic halo can reach 18" on 500mg of test

and if not 2-4 grams ought to do it

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »
anabolic halo can reach 18" on 500mg of test

and if not 2-4 grams ought to do it

I like your way of thinking.  Once you hit 18", 22" is just a step away.  2-4 grams of test away like you said.  And then you will get the girls and dominate your twink boss.  If you can afford GH, that would be your next best bet.  No hairloss, so no need for a turkish hairpiece and combined with the test you are taking, you will hit 18-19" no prob.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
Can you post an example of what and how much gear those powerlifters took, pls?

One guy I was pretty friendly with told me and showed me what he would take daily.  He was doing 200 mg Abombs daily and at least 5 grams weekly test cyp.  This was in the late 90's, so maybe price was a reason for using so much, but he did not look remotely healthy and I can't even imagine what his bloodwork or organs must be doing.  He was legit almost purple when working out.  I wouldn't have believed it if i had not seen him personally take it.  My heart is pounding on 1 gram of test and 50 mg of Abombs, I would straight up die from what he was using.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 10:27:42 PM »
^^correct but dont think oh i'll ride it out since it goes away. bp is no joke. it goes away as your body builds tolerances to aas over time, gradually increasing doses. shit when i first started 500 test/40mg dbol was insane couldn't handle it. today i can tolerate 5g of gear

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 07:27:05 AM »
I know a few guys who use up to 300mg of Drol ED for 6-8 weeks at a time.  A few of them take 6-8g's of combined AAS.  These are 300+ pound guys i'm talking about.  One of them squats 800+ and benches 615 raw.

Some of the smaller guys use insane doses as well.  I know a 181 pounder who uses 2g's of Tren a week with some Test and plenty of orals.  He's a strong dude, pulls over 600 at 181 pounds.

8)

Mr.Olegowitsch

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 09:38:21 AM »
very interesting ... thanks for those responses guys! :D

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 09:40:50 AM »
^Daymn 2g of tren  :o

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 02:01:46 PM »
is domestic violence commonplace in powerlifting circles?

Mr.Olegowitsch

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
is domestic violence commonplace in powerlifting circles?

lmao hopefully not 

noway55

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 09:01:10 PM »
Higher level powerlifters are on as much gear as BBers, in most cases they just aren't concerned with looking pretty.

RRR

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 09:13:38 PM »
Some of the smaller guys use insane doses as well.  I know a 181 pounder who uses 2g's of Tren a week with some Test and plenty of orals.  He's a strong dude, pulls over 600 at 181 pounds.

Layne Norton?

noway55

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »
Layne Norton?
thats not impressive at all

i pulled 500pounds natural at 185

Mr.Olegowitsch

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 11:18:05 AM »
Higher level powerlifters are on as much gear as BBers, in most cases they just aren't concerned with looking pretty.

hmmm  :-\ always thought that powerlifters are taking less... just a lot orals but less injectable stuff

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 11:51:23 AM »
19-norton??

This is so getbig insider that I LOL'd deeply.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 06:53:44 PM »
Brandon Lilly posted the following cycle in his cube method beta test:
Weeks 1-6
Testosterone Cypionate: 500-600mg taken 250/300mg on Monday and Thursday
Nandrolone Decanoate or Boldenone Undecanoate: 300mg taken 150mg on Monday and Thursday
Anavar: 50mg per day

Weeks 7-10
Testosterone Cypionate: 1000-1200mg taken 500/600mg on Monday and Thursday
Nandrolone Decanoate or Boldenone Undecanoate: 600mg taken 300mg on Monday and Thursday

14 days out
Add 50mg Trenbolone Acetate EOD
Add 50mg dianabol a day

This isn't what he ran- but what he recommends people run.
In PL it's a lot about training on high anabolics with high volume then switching to androgens near the meet. High dosages don't really need to be ran, just enough to maintain the muscle mass you need for your weight class and enough to get you into the next class and lean you up after a meet. But lots of androgens are often used near the meet. Clint Darden recommends the following for strongmen:

4 weeks high anabolics
150mg test (low enough for dick function)
deca/dbol/eq

4 weeks high androgens
500-1500mg test
tren/anadrol/halo

4-8 weeks recovery with peptides and PCT
In strength sports you can't really run a cycle and get strength, so it's mainly about supporting a high volume of training with very anabolic compounds. You can't make up for shitty training with hormones and running loads doesn't really help that much at all unless you're peaking

Mr.Olegowitsch

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 06:31:23 AM »
Brandon Lilly posted the following cycle in his cube method beta test:
Weeks 1-6
Testosterone Cypionate: 500-600mg taken 250/300mg on Monday and Thursday
Nandrolone Decanoate or Boldenone Undecanoate: 300mg taken 150mg on Monday and Thursday
Anavar: 50mg per day

Weeks 7-10
Testosterone Cypionate: 1000-1200mg taken 500/600mg on Monday and Thursday
Nandrolone Decanoate or Boldenone Undecanoate: 600mg taken 300mg on Monday and Thursday

14 days out
Add 50mg Trenbolone Acetate EOD
Add 50mg dianabol a day

This isn't what he ran- but what he recommends people run.
In PL it's a lot about training on high anabolics with high volume then switching to androgens near the meet. High dosages don't really need to be ran, just enough to maintain the muscle mass you need for your weight class and enough to get you into the next class and lean you up after a meet. But lots of androgens are often used near the meet. Clint Darden recommends the following for strongmen:

4 weeks high anabolics
150mg test (low enough for dick function)
deca/dbol/eq

4 weeks high androgens
500-1500mg test
tren/anadrol/halo

4-8 weeks recovery with peptides and PCT
In strength sports you can't really run a cycle and get strength, so it's mainly about supporting a high volume of training with very anabolic compounds. You can't make up for shitty training with hormones and running loads doesn't really help that much at all unless you're peaking

awesome! thanks for the info. Do you have more of that on hand?