Author Topic: Ferguson - Rioting for Michael Brown - Discussion  (Read 199622 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
Re: Ferguson - Rioting for Michael Brown - Discussion
« Reply #1575 on: March 11, 2015, 06:20:05 PM »
Is this shit still going on?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1576 on: March 11, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »
Deacon knows better than you think.....

That only seems you're slightly less dumb than I think you are.  Considering how low I set the bar that's not saying much.
A

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1577 on: March 11, 2015, 06:21:17 PM »
Translation:  

This is a witch hunt that won't end unless I step down.  Ferguson is pretty normal.

Witch hunt, huh?  To paraphrase a common cop line:  If you've got nothing to hide, why would the guy resign?

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1578 on: March 11, 2015, 06:22:36 PM »
That only seems you're slightly less dumb than I think you are.  Considering how low I set the bar that's not saying much.

What you think doesn't matter to me.......

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1579 on: March 11, 2015, 06:23:23 PM »
Witch hunt, huh?  To paraphrase a common cop line:  If you've got nothing to hide, why would the guy resign?

Self-sacrifice.  Give the outraged idiots the impression something will actually change and hopefully stop the fools from breaking shit again.
A

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1580 on: March 11, 2015, 06:25:36 PM »
Self-sacrifice.  Give the outraged idiots the impression something will actually change and hopefully stop the fools from breaking shit again.

Yeah, right..... Show me someone who quits their undeserved six figure job for "change" and the betterment of the city and I'll show you someone who is cornered and took the coward's way out...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1581 on: March 11, 2015, 06:29:55 PM »
Yeah, right..... Show me someone who quits their undeserved six figure job for "change" and the betterment of the city and I'll show you someone who is cornered and took the coward's way out...

A lot of people do. What's the point of staying in a position where you're faced with hostility.  This happens all the time. People resign because of pressure.  There is nothing unusual about Ferguson.  Black crime is consistent throughout the country.
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #1582 on: March 11, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »

Yes, it was suggested by the powers that be , merely to prevent the apes from going on a rampage again.

He won't suffer financially now that he has quit this job. He will be taken well care of.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1583 on: March 11, 2015, 06:30:28 PM »

If I lived in that town I couldn't sell my home fast enough.

Let the savages have it just like Birmingham, Memphis, Detroit etc etc

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1584 on: March 11, 2015, 06:33:34 PM »
Yes, it was suggested by the powers that be , merely to prevent the apes from going on a rampage again.

He won't suffer financially now that he has quit this job. He will be taken well care of.

Absolutely.  It's a move intended to quell the rampaging fools.

If I lived in that town I couldn't sell my home fast enough.

Let the savages have it just like Birmingham, Memphis, Detroit etc etc

They have already destroyed the city.  Section 8 and vouchers drove out all of the producers.   The whites who remain are generally older retirees who don't have the ability to move.  Their homes are worth a lot less than what they were even a decade ago. They are trapped in the wasteland that is Ferguson. Eventually they will die off and whatever tax base Ferguson had will evaporate. It's all predictable because it's happened so many times.
A

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #1585 on: March 11, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »
some incredible stats presented here

how shall we interpret them?

:o
"

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1586 on: March 11, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »
some incredible stats presented here

how shall we interpret them?

You will see a conspiracy theory.  I see a pretty consistent example of black/police interaction that indicates blacks need to work on not doing stupid things.
A

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1587 on: March 11, 2015, 07:04:10 PM »
So it looks like there will soon be a lot more black police officers in Ferguson?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #1588 on: March 11, 2015, 07:06:58 PM »
So it looks like there will soon be a lot more black police officers in Ferguson?

They want more black cops when what they need are fewer black criminals

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #1589 on: March 11, 2015, 07:20:54 PM »
you disagree with the report. no reason is given but now you want to extrapolate the same data used to produce the report as evidence that it's incorrect. This would make a good SNL sketch.  

here's a pretty serious interpretation:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/missouri-supreme-court-takes-over-cases-in-ferguson-judge-resigns/article_7442c873-a1a1-581f-b4b4-20f93972d91e.html

Has the Missouri Supreme Court misinterpreted the data too?
"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #1590 on: March 11, 2015, 07:24:05 PM »
...but are you really serious about this argument?  Just trying to comprehend what we are dealing with here. 
"

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #1591 on: March 11, 2015, 07:26:10 PM »
Sorry, mr.turbo, you're wrong again

Starting with the primary numerical claim. The report notes on Page 4: “Ferguson’s law-enforcement practices overwhelmingly impact African-Americans.
“Data collected by the Ferguson Police Department from 2012 to 2014 shows that African-Americans account for 85 percent of vehicle stops, 90 percent of citations, and 93 percent of arrests made by FPD officers, despite comprising only 67 percent of Ferguson’s population.”

Those statistics don’t prove racism, because blacks don’t commit traffic offenses at the same rate as other population groups.
The Bureau of Justice Statistics’ 2011 Police-Public Contact Survey indicates that, nationwide, blacks were 31 percent more likely than whites to be pulled over for a traffic stop.
Ferguson is a black-majority town. If its blacks were pulled over at the same rate as blacks nationally, they’d account for 87.5 percent of traffic stops.

In other words, the numbers actually suggest that Ferguson police may be slightly less likely to pull over black drivers than are their national counterparts. They certainly don’t show that Ferguson is a hotbed of racism.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/09/ferguson-fake-out-justice-departments-bogus-report/

Unable to pin racism charges on Ferguson policeman Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown, Attorney General Eric Holder is using half-baked data to manufacture a case of racism against his entire police force.
Holder's race-baiting civil rights crew combed through several years of Ferguson Police Department data on traffic stops, searches and arrests and "found a pattern of racial disparities in Ferguson's police activities."
"African Americans are overrepresented in FPD's vehicular stops" and victims of "racial bias," Holder concludes in his report.
He notes that blacks accounted for 85% of vehicle stops, "despite comprising only 67% of Ferguson's population," while whites made up 15% of stops, despite representing 29% of the population.
So there you have it, a slam-dunk case of racism, right? Hardly.
Outrageously, the nation's top prosecutor failed to control for factors that explain the racial "disparity" in traffic stops, such as speeding, DUI, expired license plates, headlight, seat-belt and child-restraint violations and other reasons for being pulled over.
Holder's own department statistics show that African Americans, on average, violate speeding and other traffic laws at much greater rates than whites.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/030515-742174-holder-frames-ferguson-pd-with-bogus-stats.htm#ixzz3U8NlTSfz

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1592 on: March 11, 2015, 07:35:06 PM »
you disagree with the report. no reason is given but now you want to extrapolate the same data used to produce the report as evidence that it's incorrect. This would make a good SNL sketch.  

here's a pretty serious interpretation:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/missouri-supreme-court-takes-over-cases-in-ferguson-judge-resigns/article_7442c873-a1a1-581f-b4b4-20f93972d91e.html

Has the Missouri Supreme Court misinterpreted the data too?

It's a mistake to interpret the data as indicating bias.  It doesn't.   
A

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #1593 on: March 11, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
Sorry, mr.turbo, you're wrong again

http://nypost.com/2015/03/09/ferguson-fake-out-justice-departments-bogus-report/

The guy that wrote that article has a Phd. Not sure why he chose to publish it in a tabloid paper if he expects his work to be taken seriously. hehe
"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #1594 on: March 11, 2015, 07:55:54 PM »
It's a mistake to interpret the data as indicating bias.  It doesn't.   

Ok fine the report is bogus and in fact the data indicate the opposite conclusions.  Everyone is wrong including the DOJ, legal experts, the missouri supreme court. The racist emails from high ranking officials are simply observations of fact (haha). The thousands of protesters that live there are just making it all up.

I suggest you report these findings to the appropriate authorities before things get out of hand!

"

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #1595 on: March 12, 2015, 04:31:22 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Two police officers were shot by unknown assailants during protests in Ferguson, Missouri on Wednesday night. Protesters gathered across the street from Ferguson police headquarters just hours after Chief Tom Jackson resigned. Shots rang out from the vicinity of the crowd, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. According to the head of the St. Louis County police, a 41-year-old officer from St. Louis County was shot in the shoulder and a 32-year-old officer from Webster Groves was shot in the face. Both were taken to a hospital and are expected to survive. “These police officers were standing there and they were shot, just because they were police officers,” St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said. “I don’t know who did the shooting to be honest with you right now, but somehow they were embedded in that group of folks.”

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1596 on: March 12, 2015, 04:39:37 AM »
And they'll still kiss ass and apologize to the savagery citizenry of the town.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #1597 on: March 12, 2015, 05:32:59 AM »
And they'll still kiss ass and apologize to the savagery citizenry of the town.

It's despicable.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1598 on: March 12, 2015, 05:52:34 AM »
Absolutely.  It's a move intended to quell the rampaging fools.

They have already destroyed the city.  Section 8 and vouchers drove out all of the producers.   The whites who remain are generally older retirees who don't have the ability to move.  Their homes are worth a lot less than what they were even a decade ago. They are trapped in the wasteland that is Ferguson. Eventually they will die off and whatever tax base Ferguson had will evaporate. It's all predictable because it's happened so many times.

Liberals on television saying the police need to "reach out more to The Ferguson Community"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1599 on: March 12, 2015, 06:00:34 AM »
to be honest, police in just abuot EVERY community need to REACH OUT more to people.

WHen we were kids, the police made eye contact and knew what was going on places.  These days?  just like every other zombie out there, police have their faces buried in laptops and iphones while driving around with windows up.   I've seen people make outrageously dangerous driving moves, and the cop in front of me missed it, because he was texting or whatever. 

In SW FL, after the recent police shootings, the department had 'breakfast with police" and some gift things, mostly just LISTENING to people for hours at a time.  VERY good thing.  These days, cops usually act like any interaction with civilians in an inconvenience for them.  Most of us don't truly believe cops give a shit about us, they just want to stay outta trouble, do their hours and get home.  So OUTREACH is a very good thing, and that's just in peaceful communties.  In places where there's been rioting, then yes, reaching out to the community is a very good idea.

Granted, I think they should firehose those idiots rioting. I have no love for them.  But yes, the dept should stop acting like they're military and sit down at coffee shops every day and talk to people.