Author Topic: Getbigger - "Radical Plato", formerly known as "Ekul" has passed away.  (Read 32828 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Ekul, AKA Radical Plato, is no longer with us.
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2016, 09:08:52 AM »
:'(

He was still seeing the therapist regularly, however, I am beginning to wonder if he stopped going altogether toward the end. Who knows.

My last PM with him was on January 29th.
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2016, 09:16:18 AM »
That is sad.  No woman is worth killing yourself over.   

I agree from a rational standpoint, but we don't know the exact context of his suffering.

May he rest in peace :-\

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2016, 09:16:53 AM »
Mods, please make this post a sticky.  With permission via pm, I will post details on his passing, but I'm not sure it's appropriate.

Everyone, please keep him in your thoughts, and have respect for his family and friends.  

PIP, Ekul.
What details do you know of his passing?
I'll sticky this for a short time.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2016, 09:17:02 AM »
A 24 year old from one of my gyms took his life last year over a woman and depression. From all outward appearances things were going well for him.

RIP

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2016, 09:23:01 AM »
RIP.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2016, 09:25:19 AM »
What details do you know of his passing?
I'll sticky this for a short time.

PMed you.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2016, 10:25:53 AM »
Wow this is really sad. Seemed like a good dude. I know for a while he was posting a lot of his bicycle ride videos. This comes as a shock, RIP Plato.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2016, 10:37:22 AM »
I didn't know RP was Ekul.  If he was taking all the drugs he talked about, then it isn't surprising it ended this way.

R.I.P.  and I wish this hadn't happened.  We will always miss you.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2016, 10:51:19 AM »
Yes, very sad.  I'd just thought of him, yesterday, wondering where he's been.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 11:01:55 AM »
Flicking through some of his posts this year, it becomes clear that he was having suicidal thoughts.

Personally, 60 will do me, I don't see too many people in their prime after this.  I am just about to turn 43, I am ready to die at any time, I don't give a fuck, death doesn't bother me at all. Pain and suffering still does, but death, meh. I just don't worry about death, I often times tempt it I am sure, but hey living is for living right, you're a long time dead.

Good Stuff Man. I am going to investigate this some more.  I feel I am at a crossroads in my life. I am just about to turn 43 and feel I have lived pretty much the way I want, I won't go into detail, but I have lived as a rebel on the fringes. I had a very abusive childhood that led me into an even more violent adult life. As you can imagine, such a life creates it's fair share of psychological and physical battle scars.  Now I find myself asking is this it and I get a sense that the rest of my life is kind of knowable and predictable and I wonder do I really want to ride that wave in.  I sometimes seriously consider jumping off the wave and waiting for the next one to come along (meaning the next life).  For some people life isn't a bed of roses, it is a daily grind, one that isn't always apparent to the outside observer, it's living with a tormented psyche.  For me I sometimes feel like a tortured soul and wonder how much more I can take.  It's like I need to find something, and God doesn't do it for me, I know that much.

Oddly enough, Shizzo offered some help.

I hope I am not inferring to much into Radical Plato's posts, but suicide is never an option, my friend.

PM me, if you would like to discuss things privately.

I don't feel suicidal per se, just at a point in life where I am delving deep into existential issues and it has me questioning life long held values and meanings. I have never understood other people's concerns when others talk of suicide.  I mean, how do we know what another is experiencing and how do we know that suicide isn't the best option for that person.  I had a good friend commit suicide at 42, I know why he did it, I think for himself he probably did what he thought was best and who knows maybe it was.  I know what his circumstances were and the remainder of his life would have probably consisted of many years of torment and misery. Who am I to say he should stick around and learn to enjoy being a masochist.

This is why I like the euthanasia movement, they don't try and talk anybody out of suicide, they advocate harm minimisation and the most effective ways to end your life.  To be honest, I think if someone is determined to take their life, their isn't much you can say to prevent it.  Suicide is a deeply deeply personal issue that happens to have broad social ramifications unfortunately.  Like I said, not suicidal, just questioning the meaning of life, if there is such a thing.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2016, 11:09:31 AM »
I don't think it is bad taste to remember the more fun and light hearted moments we had with Radical Plato. The "tbombz getting fucked in the ass" gif he made was hilarious.

I don't think I am allowed to post it, but it can be found by a google images search.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Please, let's not turn this into an "outing" thread, and please give his family privacy.  Let's make this a remembrance thread for the kooky son of a bitch we loved and knew as Ekul (Radical Plato).

On April 14, 2016, he lost his battle with depression, and is no longer with us.  

We used to love kicking him in the nuts whenever we had the chance, and he loved giving it right back.  He rolled with the punches and dished them out equally as well.  Sadly, we will no longer have the opportunity to play these childish games with him.  I used to love antagonizing him about American's and their firearms.  I routinely offered him an open invitation to the US, so that I could take him target shooting and show him that guns aren't so bad.  I also loved his threads about refurbishing exercise machines (he was truly gifted in this aspect).  He would buy shitty machines online and make them look new again.  He loved computers, gaming, MMA, guitars, bike rides, cats (fucking weirdo); but most of all, he loved Getbig.  He will be missed like a brother.

RIP Ekul, Twaddle

"RUSSELL Luke My Dearly Beloved Son, Luke My world as I knew it has ended. My unconditional and never-ending love could not heal your tortured soul and broken heart. I tried so hard to get you to stay but your grief was so all consuming and overpowering and your pain beyond measure. My shattered heart will never repair. May you now have the peace you yearned for as we who loved you continue on, in deep sorrow, without you. I will carry your memory in my heart forever, and remember you with love all the days of my life. Your loving Mum, Kath."

"RUSSELL. Luke. Apr. 15, 2016 aged 43 Much loved brother of Andrew and brother-in-law of Catherine. Loved and loving uncle to Rose and Brock. We remember a brother with a cheeky smile who loved to play cricket but mostly only to bat. We remember the boy who loved to bang the goal through the two telephone poles and destroy the neighbour's fence. The boy who clung to his 'anklet' and came home covered in mud wearing his Sunday best. We remember the smiling uncle sitting with us, teaching us how to play guitar. We remember him just enjoying being with us and feel a deep sorrow that those days have gone and are not to come back. You were loved and still will be. May you find peace now, my beloved brother. I will miss you more than I can say. Love Andrew, Catherine, Rose and Brock."

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
RIP

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Depression is a bitch.  :(

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Always assumed it was some young kid who simply wanted to play with his own toys by himself when he went on those rants.

He was pretty interesting at times. I had no idea he was in his 40s or suicidal.

Condolences to the family.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
 :)

Einstein said "Imagination is more important than intelligence". 

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
He was a very intelligent man. Shame he was unable to combat his demons. If an afterlife exists, I hope he finds peace there.

:'(

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »
Yes, he was being treated for depression, but not with medication (based on my discussions with him). I believe he was seeing a therapist; however, he did tell me that he scaled back on how often he was seeing her/him.

:-[
Please please please people. If you are depressed, drunk, a junkie, schizo, whatever. Get help! And don't be afraid of medication!!!! It's never too late.

Everyone love a comeback.

PIP

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
I already posted my condolences, but I'd just like to add that this tragic event has lead to some introspection (because I have multiple Sons for example) and I learned something shocking that maybe everyone else here knew, but ...  Holy... Sh1t.... I had literally NO IDEA...

From Wikipedia Overview[edit]
In most countries the incidence of suicides is higher than the incidence of intentional homicides.

A 2006 report by the World Health Organisation (WHO) states that nearly a million people take their own lives every year, more than those murdered or killed in war.[2] WHO figures show a suicide takes place somewhere in the world roughly every 40 seconds.[3]
T

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
If we're this sad, you can imagine how his family feels.  This is a terrible loss.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2016, 11:54:29 AM »
:-[
Please please please people. If you are depressed, drunk, a junkie, schizo Shizzo, whatever. Get help! And don't be afraid of medication!!!! It's never too late.

Everyone love a comeback.

PIP

fixed   :D

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
Very sad.

Simple Simon

is this the same guy who got bit by the pitbulls?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
is this the same guy who got bit by the pitbulls?

Yes.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
PIP