Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 177632 times)

warrior_code

• Getbig III
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #225 on: July 17, 2006, 04:14:12 PM »
sorry pardon my ignorance, I do not know much about the competitive aspect of professional bodybuilding.  I Just figured rules such as this only halts your very unique sport.  

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #226 on: July 17, 2006, 04:16:02 PM »
Very good post.The IFBB needs to take a look at this one.Yeah full grown can you beleive it? and this is how they act.

They don't have to, the IFBB is essentially a business.

The PDI is also a business.  Its also a rival business to the IFBB

Does Microsoft let their workers go to Red Hat to work on Linux??? 

A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #227 on: July 17, 2006, 04:17:57 PM »

I believe it's a Canadian NonProfit.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #228 on: July 17, 2006, 04:19:36 PM »
I do not know much about the competitive aspect of professional bodybuilding.  I Just figured rules such as this only halts your very unique sport. 

it does, and that's why some people are trying to change it.  The IFBB and the NPC has become too complacent. 

Even if this first new NOC is Lee and a bunch of nobodies, even if this is the one and only show the PDI holds, it is forcing the industry to change.

competition is good.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #229 on: July 17, 2006, 04:22:46 PM »

Still a business, nevertheless.
A

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2006, 04:26:23 PM »

if pro athletes were employees of the IFBB, with benefits, then your point may have some relevance. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #231 on: July 17, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »
it does, and that's why some people are trying to change it.  The IFBB and the NPC has become too complacent. 

Even if this first new NOC is Lee and a bunch of nobodies, even if this is the one and only show the PDI holds, it is forcing the industry to change.

competition is good.

How do you think it's forcing the industry to change?

The WBF forced the industry to chnge due to McMahon having the money to offer contracts to top IFBB pros...what change is the impending PDI having?

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »
I guess that is what makes bodybuilding unique eh, it has to be somewhat of a monopoly due to the nature of it.  It is hardly mainstream compared to track thus they must act in this way to make sure their wallets are full.   Whereas in track, billions of people are fans of it, and thus there are sponsors handing $$$ to all the promoters from a wide variety such as food and clothing products to car companies, so there is plenty of money to go around.  So they don't have to moniter where their athletes are competeing to insure profit for themselves, like I assume the promoters of bodybuilding do?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2006, 04:28:21 PM »
Chick - you said you haven't submitted any requests for the IFBB to allow athletes to compete in the PDI because no one has asked.

lee Priest asked on this thread.

Will you be submitting the request now?

Stavios

« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2006, 04:29:09 PM »

The WBF forced the industry to change due to McMahon having the money to offer contracts to top IFBB pros...what change is the impending PDI having?

They will give a chance for the guy who are not good enough to cut it in the IFBB to succeed in the PDI  ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2006, 04:38:17 PM »
Chick - you said you haven't submitted any requests for the IFBB to allow athletes to compete in the PDI because no one has asked.

No...I'll need more than 1. Majority rules...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2006, 04:39:06 PM »
I just wanna chime in. I am a 18 year old track athlete, and we are allowed to compete in any federation we want and earn prize money, whether it is sanctioned by athletics canada, USTAF, or IAAF(there are many more) all the people who own them don't mind their athletes competeing in other federations.  the different organizations don't see each other as competitors and don't try to keep certain athletes under their control rather they let us compete all around the world in many different organizations, which helps promote our sport.  It is no coincidence that track and field is the 2nd most popular sport in the world.                                        

It just seems kind of pathetic that full grown men and women are told what they can and cannot pursure in  order to forward their careers.  Track athletes would never stand for it.  It is almost like the olympic committe banning athletes from competeing in the Pan Am or Common Wealth Games (all different promoters).  They all work together to forward sport rather then halt it's progress.  

Just my thoughts :)

Excellent post.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2006, 04:39:21 PM »

Have you had an official vote for every request you've submitted thus far?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2006, 04:39:40 PM »

what change is the impending PDI having?

there are three european shows on the schedule.

the IFBB is negotiating with athletes trying to get them to stay

Outlaw53

• Getbig II
  • Country Classic Invitational. 7th August 2010
« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2006, 04:40:09 PM »

The PDI is also a business.  Its also a rival business to the IFBB

I'm sure all Microsft employees get a weekly wage with holiday pay, sick pay etc.  Are the IFBB Pros getting paid to work for the IFBB?  If not, then then why does the IFBB see fit to tell them when & where they can compete.

I was under the impression that they were competing for prize money, not getting paid a wage to compete by the IFBB.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #240 on: July 17, 2006, 04:40:16 PM »

Some might question the legitimacy of that "non-profit" status...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: July 17, 2006, 04:42:41 PM »

I think this is an INCREDIBLE statement.

Possibly the most important thing we'll all walk away with from this thread.  It means that:

1)  Bob has denied a request from an IFBB athlete to request something from the IFBB.

2)  Bob has stated that he is willing to make a request like that if MORE athletes ask.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #242 on: July 17, 2006, 04:44:19 PM »
The last time I checked, NFL had a multi-year billion plus contract with the television network,  45,000+ people a game, etc.  The more the supplement companies provide contracts, the more the suppement companies come to the expos, the more the provide sponsorships to the IFBB show, they more prize money can come out of it.

Ron is right about the contracts with the television Network but I think we need to be careful thinking more supplement company dollars will make everything better for the athletes.

It WOULD, but the truth as most people who have been around for awhile and spent some $ know is that MOST supplements are GARBAGE.

These companies are modern day snake charmers and medicine men.

Is that the foundation we have to hope to build our sport on? I'm mulling over alternatives, but don't feel I have any worth proferring yet...

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #243 on: July 17, 2006, 04:48:03 PM »
I am signed to do the NOC and shall do so.I have a leg injury god knows how it hurts so i will press on get in shape(i hope) i am willing to give the PDI a shot.Why not? Didn't the IFBB start somewhere and Wayne was the reason it did so well.Look at the mess it is now. :P

My whole point from earlier! The IFBB was born in competition. No one here remembers the Hofman-Weider wars? Wars Weider DID NOT win overnight! Give PDI 2-3 years.

And anyone who wants to knock the lineup at the NOC has got to ask themselves how this year's Mr. Olympia stage matches up to the very first Mr. Olympia lineup. Again, the IFBB draws the best talent now, but this wasn't always the case and it doesn't always have to be!

I say this as a fan of IFBB shows, but also as a guy who thinks competition is great. These threads since the PDI was announced have been some of the most entertaining!!!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #244 on: July 17, 2006, 04:48:50 PM »
Some might question the legitimacy of that "non-profit" status...

That's for the Canadian Government to do however I would seriously doubt they would mess with Ben Weider.  He does hold the highest military award Canada has if I'm not mistaken
A

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #245 on: July 17, 2006, 04:50:05 PM »

Bullshit, you obviously were not thinking of her career when you joined the PDI.  You were only thinking about getting some easy money off some people who don't even belong on a pro stage.  You know good and well you'll win the NOC and that's why you're doing it for. 

You can blame the IFBB for your break-up but that's the lamest shit I've ever heard. 

P.S.  Sending a letter is the most effective way of getting a message across
Hey Vince the winner of the PDI show is not set in stone like the IFBB shows.Everbody that competes has a chance to win.That is why us the fans can't wait for the show.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: July 17, 2006, 04:50:47 PM »
Hey Vince the winner of the PDI show is not set in stone like the IFBB shows.Everbody that competes has a chance to win.That is why us the fans can't wait for the show.

Especially since Lee is battling a leg injury.  A lifetime best Galanti or TJ could edge out Lee for quite a story!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: July 17, 2006, 04:51:12 PM »

Ok, I won't bring up your personal business again because it really isn't none of my business.

However you're stating that you're competing for change and to do something different.

Lets see:

Lee Priest
VS
Vince Galanti
Jack "Rhino" London

And some other no namers.

Competition is about competition.  You should be competing against your equal rivals.  Vince and Rhino are great bodybuilders but they are not your equals.

Its not a fair fight and you know it, Lee.  That's not change, that's a beatdown. 

Vince...so what will you say if Lee does not place ahead of these soo called "non-equals"? Will you then shut your pie hole, get in the gym and train?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: July 17, 2006, 04:51:23 PM »
I think this is an INCREDIBLE statement.

Possibly the most important thing we'll all walk away with from this thread.  It means that:

1)  Bob has denied a request from an IFBB athlete to request something from the IFBB.

2)  Bob has stated that he is willing to make a request like that if MORE athletes ask.

You are correct sir...

Still waiting for all those requests to start pouring in.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #249 on: July 17, 2006, 04:54:38 PM »
Especially since Lee is battling a leg injury.  A lifetime best Galanti or TJ could edge out Lee for quite a story!

Bahahahahaha!!!!  Are you serious!!!

Lee Priest is going to win.  Everyone sees it coming, bro.  Galanti was 5th last year at the Nationals.  He will get destroyed
A