Author Topic: FRANK ZANE 1980 pre-contest diet! I like!  (Read 70758 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: FRANK ZANE 1980 pre-contest diet! I like!
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »
I heard that Zane was somewhat big at the beggining of his career

is that true ?

Don't let these idiots fool you, Zane wasn't as small as you might think!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2006, 10:01:28 PM »
i dont think zane EVER wieghed an ounce over 180lbs if he is 5-9. also, eating like that, naturally, he would have been a 'pretty lean' 150lbs, FACT.

zane drank more beer than me, who would have thought. you say he wasnt about the drugs, but give him that diet, with the beer and soda(?) and no carbs and all, and take away the DBOL and he wouldnt have looked even close to what he did.

ALL DRUGS

Stavios

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2006, 10:02:37 PM »
oh I never said he was small

People look at pictures and always say: that guy is tiny, small this, small that

pictures don't always do justice to a guy. even if Zane was a ripped 185 or 190 onstage at like what... 5'8 ? that's still somewhat big and if I saw him at the gym I would be impress with his shape/conditionning and all

but I heard Zane has been in the 220's when he was younger

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 10:04:11 PM »
Zane was the true Chemist just ask Arnold.Most thought Mentzer was a heavy user think again Zane was the man.CHEMICAL WARFARE   

hmmmmmm........ you see that Mr. Intenseone
Cam ad mi

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »
LOL he drank beer during his contest prep...wtf

Beer has a strong diuretic effect as does diet soda so long as you don't overdue it.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2006, 10:08:30 PM »
i dont think zane EVER wieghed an ounce over 180lbs if he is 5-9. also, eating like that, naturally, he would have been a 'pretty lean' 150lbs, FACT.

zane drank more beer than me, who would have thought. you say he wasnt about the drugs, but give him that diet, with the beer and soda(?) and no carbs and all, and take away the DBOL and he wouldnt have looked even close to what he did.

ALL DRUGS

I never said he didn't take anything, it would be naive to think he did not, but he definatly was not ALL DRUGS like it is today, it's also naive to think he was all drugs!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2006, 10:10:38 PM »

See what? I never said he wasn't on anything, and yes, I do know the reason why they called him the chemist, but I promise it was for his overuse of gear!

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2006, 10:11:10 PM »
anyone who says todays bodybuilders are all drugs doesnt have a clue.

here is a comment toney freeman made in another thread.....

How hard do you have to train and diet to be 175-235 lbs. @ 5-7% bf on stage. Hell you did'nt even have to tan or paint to win back then. I am way old school but Let's not miniturize what's going on right now. we can't go backwards. I need 8-10 meals/day 2 workouts 2 cardios and 10-12 hrs sleep. Someone has gotta Help a brother out!

to bring that kind of muscularity and conditioning onstage u gotta bust your ass....i dont care how many drugs are used...sure their is gonna be some lazy bodybuilders who want to build a physique on drugs alone but those guys dont win and dont last.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
anyone who says todays bodybuilders are all drugs doesnt have a clue.

here is a comment toney freeman made in another thread.....

How hard do you have to train and diet to be 175-235 lbs. @ 5-7% bf on stage. Hell you did'nt even have to tan or paint to win back then. I am way old school but Let's not miniturize what's going on right now. we can't go backwards. I need 8-10 meals/day 2 workouts 2 cardios and 10-12 hrs sleep. Someone has gotta Help a brother out!

to bring that kind of muscularity and conditioning onstage u gotta bust your ass....i dont care how many drugs are used...sure their is gonna be some lazy bodybuilders who want to build a physique on drugs alone but those guys dont win and dont last.

Don't have a clue huh? You haven't been into this bodybuilding thing too long have you?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2006, 10:33:43 PM »
Don't have a clue huh? You haven't been into this bodybuilding thing too long have you?

nah ive just been around it for almost half my life...why u got something u wanna teach me? lol ::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2006, 10:35:15 PM »
nah ive just been around it for almost half my life...why u got something u wanna teach me? lol ::)

How old are you?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2006, 10:36:40 PM »

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2006, 10:37:38 PM »

34, yes, I can teach you something...ask away ;D!!

Stavios

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2006, 10:37:49 PM »
intensone is 69 now and have been bodybuilding since 1950 !

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2006, 10:41:56 PM »
34, yes, I can teach you something...ask away ;D!!

no, i'm good...ive had all the bodybuilding education i need.

but maybe u should call out profreeman and tell him he's a lazy pussy with a physique built on drugs.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2006, 11:12:28 PM »
He has great symmetry and lines, but I would rather have the symmetry and lines of Flex Wheeler, than Zane. Zane always stayed at the same body weight even on juice, why is that? Why did he not wanna grow. Wasn't he considered a light heavyweight?  Arnold and those guys ran all over Zane. To be big, you have to eat big. Sorry TA

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2006, 11:12:36 PM »
Uh because he was a Science teacher and Mathematical genius earning a Masters degree.

His students gave him this nickname by the way.

um, WRONG!  he was a massive drug addict and was in fact on "the sauce"

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2006, 11:24:58 PM »
Zane used the sauce but his body reacted to that of a female bodybodybuilder. Even today, Iris Kelly and her gang of she males would dominate Zane. And his light beers.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2006, 11:34:48 PM »
No entire diet.

You guys are wondering what a Rheo Blair egg is I bet.

A Rheo Egg is first boil water, drop in an egg for 2 minutes, crack shell drop in tall thin glass,pour in 2 ounces of beer.

I used to corespond with Rheo and talk to him on the phone and I never heard that one!
and keep moving!

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2006, 11:45:10 PM »
MY diet is VERY similar that I have been following. With a few exceptions.  Here it is, straight from his own diary!

5 egg omelet with 3 ounces cheese and chicken
2 cups of coffee
8 ounces of chicken and diet soda
Milk
Protein Powder
Coffee
16 ounces of fish with 1 Lite Beer.

This was followed for a few weeks prior to the 1980 Olympia.

Sure bro, 16 ounces of fish with 1 lite beer? Let me guess did he come in "soft" or "hard"
#

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2006, 12:15:52 AM »
Uh because he was a Science teacher and Mathematical genius earning a Masters degree.

His students gave him this nickname by the way.

It always makes me smile that people think because Zane was lighter than a lot of the guys he did not take as much shit as the rest of them.... You would be dead wrong!

His students may have given him the nickname but there is a reason it stuck. Oh, and it had fuck all to do with teaching chemistry to college kids.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2006, 12:46:44 AM »
Because the drug use back then was in damn near theraputic doses compared to todays bodybuilders, also back then it WAS NOT  all drugs....today it's flat out chemical warfare, with diet coming in a distant second followed by training, back then it was training first, diet second and then gear!

I agree with you on the drug doses being near theraputic to todays standards however you mentioned that back then it was training first then diet and then gear...How do ya figure? Knowing what we know today about training, the guys of yesteryear were in most cases overtrained...Their training actually worked against them...So it was the little bit of drugs that made their bodies hang on....These guys never got on stage under 5-6% bodyfat...Take a look at Zane's diet here...its actually a joke...And it only worked because of the little drugs that he was using....These guys did well because of genetics and the little drugs that were used...Training and diet were far from 1 and 2....esp. by todays standards....

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2006, 04:33:16 AM »
What type of coffee is good for dieting?

The kind you drink. ::)
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2006, 04:36:49 AM »

Zane was built. How many of todays pro's can do a vacuum? Bodybuilding has went so far backwards its not even funny.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2006, 04:40:25 AM »

That was just a post by some anonymous person, and you take it as gospel? You are truly clueless.