Author Topic: Basic Nutritional Information  (Read 111605 times)

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
Re: Bodybuilding Foods
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2004, 01:36:53 PM »
Venison, correct me if I'm wrong, has the highest protien content of any wild game meat. Elk and Buffalo meat also is high in protein and tastes just like beef.
I love me some me!!!

dirty_martini

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2004, 03:20:07 AM »
Venison, correct me if I'm wrong, has the highest protien content of any wild game meat. Elk and Buffalo meat also is high in protein and tastes just like beef.

dont forget ostrich...some places you can get ostrich burgers and they are as lean as it gets...very high in protein...

ProteinFarts

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2004, 08:24:25 AM »
Proteins:

Carbs:
Oatmeal
Bananas
Rice cakes

Rice cakes have a pretty high glycemic index. I'd be carefull about when i include them in my bbing diet

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/glycemicfoodchart.htm

Strauss

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: Basic Nutritional Information
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2004, 12:02:23 AM »
5. Carbohydrates are essential in fueling your muscles, whether you’re bulking or cutting. Carbohydrates allow glycogen stores to be replenished therefore giving you more energy for your workouts. Carbohydrates should make up around 40-50% of the calories you take in.

So is this all the time Cutting and Bulking or do you just use the carb intake mainly on Bulking stages..??  I have been using Carbs heavy during heavy workouts but  I have always been confused on if I should cut them out to loose more fat during the Cutting Stage...??  I am a newbie .. I am 5'10 220 LBS I have a tremendous amount of Muscle but it comes with a pretty good chunk of fat in the middle area..I eat like a horse and workout enough to burn most of it but can't seem to really get that cut look.. What should I do..I have to be doing something wrong in my diet.

Raw

• Getbig IV
  • No more mr nice guy
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2004, 02:36:48 AM »
Quino and Cous-cous very low in fat excellent foods also spirulina

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2004, 11:13:13 AM »
You should still be taking in carbs right after your workout (a good carb is dextrose for post workout). However, you should try and reduce the amount of carbs you are taking in at other times throughout the day when you are cutting. Also, be sure to watch your fat intake as well.
Team Testosterone

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2004, 05:04:56 PM »
Bulgar is a great carb source as well.
Cous cous is great stuff too.

Scarfo23

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2004, 03:17:52 PM »
Beef jerky is fine, the only thing to watch out for high sodium

Why do you gotta watch out for high sodium?

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2004, 07:26:27 PM »

Why do you gotta watch out for high sodium?

If you are cutting than you should watch out for high sodium because it can cause water retention, which can inhibit a vascular look. Also, it can even raise blood pressure if an excessive amount of sodium is consumed, due to  water retention.
Team Testosterone

xkol

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2004, 05:37:43 PM »
for carbs i like shredded wheat and weetabix  its usualy in ther specialty cereal section

Cell_X2

• Getbig II
  • Made of 100% Iron
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2004, 07:10:51 AM »
Pasta in the off-season.
I dont have glory.
I am the glory.

yo

• Getbig IV
  • The Doctor is in.
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2004, 07:30:39 PM »
Since this is basic I dont think that supplaments should be mentioned. The meal plan by Jackel was ok but it did mention using a particular whey protein and MRP. I dont think newbies, the ones who need to know the "basics", need to worry so much about MRP's and protein powders. Rather they should learn what protein does, what carbs do, what fats do and where the nutrition label is found. Then how it all comes together for building mass, loosing body fat. "Cutting" is used to much for just weight loss. Actual contest cutting is way different from just plain old weight loss. IMO. Looks good man!
Jim

shoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2004, 03:45:44 PM »
What about deer meat or hog for your protein? any hunters out there? dehiderated makes a great  snake. how do you all cook it?

Muscle Bunny

• Getbig III
  • my ass
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2004, 11:46:50 PM »
Hey guys newbie in need here .....

What effect has a BCAA supplement on my bodies need for Proteine. with other words sofar I only took  a multi vitamine and Whey proteine  , I was thinking of taking glutamine and BCAA's now.... I was wondering if my body needs less proteine when I take BCAA's????

NEVERQUIT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2004, 12:26:57 PM »
why arent those vegetables on the sample diets?

100kg Clint

• Getbig II
  • Get some!
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2004, 10:42:49 AM »
you say skim milk but i heard that full cream milk is best for protein and putting on lean muscle.?
Shadow was his brand: Instantly recognisable.

getnBIGnNYC

• Getbig II
  • yea thats right, be jealous
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2004, 11:16:20 PM »
have you heard why it is best for protein and putting on lean muscle? Full cream milk has a buttload of saturated fat and the protein in it is the same as the protein in skim milk I would think.
werkin it bigtime

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2005, 04:34:43 PM »

Ham is not a great source of protien, in fact it's kind of a waste of time and money.

what the heck is wrong with ham????
Go Big Red!!!

testlover

• Getbig III
  • I'm feeling frisky
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2005, 04:59:09 PM »

what the heck is wrong with ham????

'most' ham is lower in protein and higher in fat. Much higher in fat. Saturated of course.
I like girls.

deviant

• Getbig IV
  • C.U.N.T
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2005, 05:10:14 PM »
Over christmas i have been sampling some other meats for a change....

Had duck on christmas day (and again tonight)....very nice, probably my favourite meat at the moment....

Had wood pigeon earlier in the week... kinda small but very rich and tasty, highly recommended...

Had pheasant breasts last week too, nice but not gamey enough... bland like chicken and turkey...

Have partridge and grouse on order but they have to come down from Scotland yet...

(as is probably evident, i havent trained since the first week of december and i have no intention of starting soon ...i'll start training next week.... or the week after.... or after that.)

;D
C.U.N.T

VIKING

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2005, 11:38:41 AM »
I eat a lot of game meat such as venison elk moose caroubo animals dont care if you cant spell. I am a hunter so i eat what i take good no fat protein. ;D ;D :D

bagels

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2005, 06:47:13 PM »
Sea scallops are high in protein, no carbs & no sodium, add some whole wheat pasta, diced tomatoes in juice & you have 600 lean calories - ( I add Turkey sausage in the off season for 750 good tasting calories)

Bast1

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2005, 11:48:36 PM »
"Do not eat 3 hours before bed time"

I need to fix this.  I always get to my shake and flax oil or almonds way too late.  Appetite for diet food isn't very high.  ::)

Great sample diet Jackel.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2005, 01:56:53 PM »
Over christmas i have been sampling some other meats for a change....

Had duck on christmas day (and again tonight)....very nice, probably my favourite meat at the moment....

Had wood pigeon earlier in the week... kinda small but very rich and tasty, highly recommended...

Had pheasant breasts last week too, nice but not gamey enough... bland like chicken and turkey...

Have partridge and grouse on order but they have to come down from Scotland yet...

(as is probably evident, i havent trained since the first week of december and i have no intention of starting soon ...i'll start training next week.... or the week after.... or after that.)

;D

duck's really high in fat.......
:-)

zamsforv

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2005, 08:04:19 PM »
hmmmm thasss good advice man
but black dates also promte muscles as they contain iron/ potassium ribofane  zinc and much more so one cup of dates with milk would make ya big!!!!  they were used by the  greek  gymnastics to buils therir bodes ........
woofwoof