Author Topic: My friend seems to be happiest in his "forever alone/single" life  (Read 41699 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: My friend seems to be happiest in his "forever alone/single" life
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2015, 12:46:51 PM »
Says the guy with the flip phone.

No cell phone at all.  Is this the best rebuttal you got?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2015, 12:49:06 PM »
Unable to comprehend that different people like different things?

::)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »
I think the main issue here is that people can't accept others choices and indirectly feel the need to defend their life choice. Got married and had kids? No desire to be you. 'But but whaaa whaaa leaving something behind ,  whaaa  growing old with someone whhaaaaa whaaaa never alone on Christmas'. You're just defending against others being dismissive of your world. Nothing more, nothing less. The same goes for those that chooses to stay single. The married mob gets dismissive of their choice and now they feel the need to step up.

How bout not giving a flying fuck what others think or do and do what YOU want to do without feeling irresistibly moved to trumpet it out. I'm still in two minds. One the one side I'd like to have the family life but knowing myself, I'll have to brute force it. Nor does the forever alone life suit me either. I'd be dating up a storm until I get snagged again and the cycle repeats itself. And maybe that's all that's in the cards for me. Relationships, kids, dating, sex does not a life make. I'll focus on me and whichever way the other stuff happens, I'll accept and move with it.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2015, 01:01:31 PM »
Some of you guys need to change the scenery if all you see are fake women with fake tan, fake boobs, fake nails, fake hair. If that's all the women you've ever dated, then that's because that's all you've wanted/deserved.

just my two fucks  :D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2015, 01:02:26 PM »
I think the main issue here is that people can't accept others choices and indirectly feel the need to defend their life choice. Got married and had kids? No desire to be you. 'But but whaaa whaaa leaving something behind ,  whaaa  growing old with someone whhaaaaa whaaaa never alone on Christmas'. You're just defending against others being dismissive of your world. Nothing more, nothing less. The same goes for those that chooses to stay single. The married mob gets dismissive of their choice and now they feel the need to step up.

How bout not giving a flying fuck what others think or do and do what YOU want to do without feeling irresistibly moved to trumpet it out. I'm still in two minds. One the one side I'd like to have the family life but knowing myself, I'll have to brute force it. Nor does the forever alone life suit me either. I'd be dating up a storm until I get snagged again and the cycle repeats itself. And maybe that's all that's in the cards for me. Relationships, kids, dating, sex does not a life make. I'll focus on me and whichever way the other stuff happens, I'll accept and move with it.

You'll die alone ,have fun with that .

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2015, 01:03:50 PM »

hehe, so you would be the first mentioned clan, feeling moved to defend that you need to be with someone to make sense of it all.   :-\

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2015, 01:05:25 PM »
Some of you guys need to change the scenery if all you see are fake women with fake tan, fake boobs, fake nails, fake hair. If that's all the women you've ever dated, then that's because that's all you've wanted/deserved.

I've not dated a Finn that's either not a PHD in Psychology and on a whole suitcase full of antidepressants, or as crazy as a loon.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2015, 01:25:33 PM »
THIS.  Although skip the asexual part.  I am single, early forties, no kids and have never been happier.  I see relationships as self induced torture, I actually avoid any form of relationship like the plague.  I live in my own little two bedroom house with my cat in a nice suburb near the hills.  I do what I want, when I want and how I want.  I have nobody playing the critic, granting me permission for things I want to do and I am fully independent.  I prepare my own food, wash/iron my own clothes, clean my own house etc etc. 

Modern day feminism has ruined women,  I now look at western women and hear them talk and I feel nauseous, they truly are off-putting. With their overt falseness from fake nails, fake hair, fake hair color, fake boobs, fake tan etc etc. Women today are so fake, all trying to constantly compete with one another on a superficial level and never taking time to develop actual character.  Yep, fuck today's women, I am happy to go my own way.

Good post and I applaud your independent lifestyle !

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2015, 01:27:33 PM »
I am reminded of a Simpsons episode, I couldn't find a youtube clip of it, but it was the episode "Homer's phobia" and Marge had made a gay male friend and Homer didn't realize her new friend was gay.  Marge tries to hint to Homer that he is gay. 

Marge: Homer, didn't John seem a little "festive" to you?
Homer: Couldn't agree more, happy as a clam.
Marge: He prefers the company of men!
Homer: Who doesn't?
Marge: Homer, listen carefully. John is a Ho - mo...
Homer: Right.
Marge: ...Sexual.
Homer: A fellow getbigger !
fixed

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2015, 01:28:38 PM »
Unable to comprehend that different people like different things?

Well at least she's beautiful and much younger.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2015, 01:31:08 PM »

Good/healthy outlook. These who are afraid to die alone may be in for quite a dissapointment (when spouse dies a lot earlier for ex. or when a marriage goes south at a later age, which happens way too often). Doing anything out of fear is a defeat.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2015, 01:34:05 PM »
When a woman considers meeting up with you or going out with you the first thing she sees is her children with you,what you can provide for them, can you raise them, etc...that's a quality woman.

Then you have the women who run strictly  on emotions, how you make them feel. These are the chicks who cheat on their CEO husband with the 25 year old loser who bags her groceries .. these women  make for shit relationships because they're so unpredictable and will make your life hell. These are not quality women. Not saying they aren't as hot, they usually are... but these are the only women that will date you if you don't have money...regardless of if you have a good body and are good looking.

I've got wealthy friends, some millionaires. Amazing when one of my buddies lets me borrow one of his rolexes for a night how much easier it is to bag women. Sad but true....When you have money women will not pull as many shit tests and they won't flake etc..That's why  If a guy with money is single he's probably got some issues, probably a huge  introvert, was hurt from a past relationship etc.  I just dont see why a  normal guy would turn down a beautiful woman who gives him very little shit and money will give you that.  Give a guy like me 100k a year Id have a 9/10 wife prepping my meals for me in a week guaranteed.  So yes overall I agree with da vinci, guys with money are probably way  happier they dont gotta deal with a woman's bullshit.
l

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2015, 01:36:47 PM »

TBH I'd like to live in this scenery for a summer or two. lol where I'm from you got fat crazies, regular crazies, skinny crackhead crazies, and successful crazies. All the good women are already married to successful men or are doing it themselves and don't need a man. lol what a world. Who needs tv when you have life. I love living. It's a rollercoaster that never ends.

This thread is more positive than I thought it would be. A lot of common sense and a lot of hilarity.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »
. Amazing when one of my buddies lets me borrow one of his rolexes for a night how much easier it is to bag women.
Hahaha   WTF

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »
When a woman considers meeting up with you or going out with you the first thing she sees is her children with you,what you can provide for them, can you raise them, etc...that's a quality woman.
* No! That's a woman that got knocked up and wants some sucker to help raise her kids and pay the bills.*

Then you have the women who run strictly  on emotions, how you make them feel. These are the chicks who cheat on their CEO husband with the 25 year old loser who bags her groceries .. these women  make for shit relationships because they're so unpredictable and will make your life hell. These are not quality women. Not saying they aren't as hot, they usually are... but these are the only women that will date you if you don't have a * NEW TRUCK...regardless of if you have a good body and are good looking.

I've got wealthy friends, some millionaires. Amazing when one of my buddies lets me borrow one of his *TRUCKS for a night how much easier it is to bag women. Sad but true....When you have money women will not pull as many shit tests and they won't flake etc..That's why  If a guy with a *NEW TRUCK is single he's probably got some issues, probably a huge  introvert, was hurt from a driving a beater  etc.  I just dont see why a  normal guy would turn down a beautiful woman who gives him very little shit and NEW TRUCKS will give you that.  Give a guy like me * A NEW BLACK TRUCK and Id have a 9/10 wife prepping my meals for me in a week guaranteed.  So yes overall I agree with da vinci, guys with NEW TRUCKS are probably way  happier they dont gotta deal with a woman's bullshit.

Fixed - for flint ;)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2015, 01:55:41 PM »
I think marriage (basically just a very long term relationship) runs into the trouble of people growing apart and wanting different things. This usually boils down to finances. You aren't the same person you were 5 years ago, and thus ever evolving. This is where the "stuck in a rut" delves from. People don't accept change very well, and this creates envy, bitterness, etc. Also if someone pulls a complete fuck up are they ever really forgiven, and if so, nobody ever forgets. This builds resentment, once that kicks in the relationship ends its apex and slides downward.
Good post!
Major changes in my previous 3 wives was why I ended up getting divorced.
For example, the first 2 wanted kids, AFTER we got married BUT agreed not to, going in.
It amazed me how they just assumed I'd change and want kids. I didn't and never did.

I  don't understand guys that constantly cheat on their wife.
If you want to screw around, that's fine, just get divorced,  be single and live on your own terms.
Living a lie , is a life of quiet desperation.

In my opinion, getting married to a broke ass girl with no career today is a dead end street.
With no kids and BOTH working in a decent paying career, if divorce comes, you split things up fairly and move on with minimal drama.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2015, 02:27:04 PM »

Then you have the women who run strictly  on emotions, how you make them feel. These are the chicks who cheat on their CEO husband with the 25 year old loser who bags her groceries .. these women  make for shit relationships because they're so unpredictable and will make your life hell. These are not quality women. Not saying they aren't as hot, they usually are... but these are the only women that will date you if you don't have money...regardless of if you have a good body and are good looking.

I've got wealthy friends, some millionaires. Amazing when one of my buddies lets me borrow one of his rolexes for a night how much easier it is to bag women. Sad but true....When you have money women will not pull as many shit tests and they won't flake etc..That's why  If a guy with money is single he's probably got some issues, probably a huge  introvert, was hurt from a past relationship etc.  I just dont see why a  normal guy would turn down a beautiful woman who gives him very little shit and money will give you that.  Give a guy like me 100k a year Id have a 9/10 wife prepping my meals for me in a week guaranteed.  So yes overall I agree with da vinci, guys with money are probably way  happier they dont gotta deal with a woman's bullshit.

100K a year  ;D

This is getbig

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »
Hilarious enough I was just this second watching Game of Thrones and one of those army soldiers with no dick went to a whore house and all he does is pay to have her lay with him and rub his back. HAHA that's like the prime reason you have a steady girlfriend. For when you are down in the dumps to "mother you up" in a way and tell you things will be alright. LOL it's just a whore away for that haha

If you hit that pussy right any chick is gonna want to  "mother you up" after, cook for you, clean your house, all that shit

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2015, 03:21:22 PM »
Guy is in his 30's, moved into his parents home (normal blue collar income home, no big luxuries I can see but very nice furniture) after leaving his wife and her kids (what happened here I do not ask. none of my business). This guy's life seems to sum up like this

- has great physique for his age
- seems to have zero stress (prob because of lack of relationships)
- he pulls pussy cuz he has a slew of fwb girls. tells each one its just about sex and that's all. if they aren't cool with that he cuts them loose
- keeps all his money to himself besides paying bills for his parents and helping them with their house/cleaning/cooking. he's not leeching off them it doesn't look like
- has a full time career (accountant)
- his hobbies appear to be lifting, playing sports games on xbox, reading books and putting in more hours with side businesses (he bought a hot dog cart this summer and has 2 people running it for him)
- recently bought (he tells me he could only now afford it because he left his wife) a Camaro SS

Seems to have the life. No stress, only deals with women on his own terms, lives comfortably.

His other friends (behind his back) seem to suffer from the need to say that he will die alone. And he will regret his decisions. I'm on the fence with this because for 1, I don't care what he does, I chill with him about once every 2 months and he's a blast to party with. Do you feel the single life in your 30's and not wanting to settle down again will in the long run cause heartache? I envy his stress free life in the fact that he doesn't have to wake up to screaming kids or have any responsibilities. He just works, hordes his money, and takes what he enjoys in life and leaves the rest.

What do you guys think of this "forever alone" (I see this term online all the time) single lifestyle approach?

Sounds like your friend is living the life that makes him happy, nothing wrong with that.  I have a friend that I work with who is the 40 year old virgin, no joke, and he tells me he's happy other than being lonely sometimes but would rather not deal with the stress of having a woman around 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2015, 03:30:47 PM »

I've never had a woman notice a Rolex in fact the only watch women have commented on were my Breitlings and a Panerai. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »

So will you, married or not.
V

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2015, 04:24:14 PM »
So will you, married or not.

My wife will be next to me holding my hand . You will die alone ,drowning in your own feces .

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2015, 04:31:44 PM »

My wife will be next to me holding my hand . You will die alone ,drowning in your own feces .

You are truly a moron of spectacular proportions.  How do you know your wife won't die first?  And holding your hand! Are you five years old and your wife is your surrogate Mother?  Grow the fuck up and face death like a man and stop acting like a child going to the dentist for the first time.  I am happy to die alone! I don't fear it and I certainly don't need anybody holding my hand when it happens.  Fucking pussy.
V

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2015, 05:24:10 PM »
You are truly a moron of spectacular proportions.  How do you know your wife won't die first?  And holding your hand! Are you five years old and your wife is your surrogate Mother?  Grow the fuck up and face death like a man and stop acting like a child going to the dentist for the first time.  I am happy to die alone! I don't fear it and I certainly don't need anybody holding my hand when it happens.  Fucking pussy.

Hahah 

I bet you are not alone by choice , you fat ugly piece of shit.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2015, 05:31:54 PM »
Hahah 

I bet you are not alone by choice , you fat ugly piece of shit.
It doesn't matter if it is my choice or not, I don't have any problem with being alone, in fact I prefer it.  I don't see being alone as a negative, but a positive.  Being alone is truly a joy, I have never understood why any man would fear it.
V