Author Topic: Natural Al's DC training Journal  (Read 182212 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: Natural Al's DC training Journal
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2007, 02:03:27 PM »
it's more than 80% of the people in the gym can or are willing to do period..

Who cares. Al's progressing and making things happen that work for him. he's come along way from where he started and overcome some pretty thick bullshit ontop of a LBI and still puts up decent weights. I say he's earned just a little respect..

thanks.  Squads got a hardon for me...dont' know why.  Maybe he's jealous cause I dont' have a triple chin?  trust me, any power he had to "own" me was lost once I saw his pics, now it's like dealing with a child or a really old senile person, I just kinda  ::) ::) ::)

my log is 100% true, no made up poundages no enhanced lifts, no nothing it's 100% what i do and when I talk about myself it's 100% true.  People on the board have meet me like Blockhead, Special Ed, Bob Chick, Rhino and others.  They can tell you I'm exactly what I say I am.  I have no reason to lie or make things up, when I get in shape and post pics all the lies would be for nothing anyway.

I could care less how strong I am considered on this or any board.  Bottom line is I know exactly what i am and what i need to improve to be where I want to be.  It's only a matter of time.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2007, 06:56:54 PM »
That's right. I'm glad you posted one up so  I and others can learn and better ourselves from your experiences AND it gives you a hard copy of your progress. This is exactly why I put mine up. Not only can I monitor how things are going, but people can hopefully learn from the mistake I'VE made and apply it to them if they're in the same situation. I also like the input I get from others and the helpful advice when I get it.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2007, 10:03:52 AM »
calfs-Toe Press 525*12 with 28 partials

Hamstrings-Sumo LegPress 545*13SS with 20 Partials and a 10 second static, then I was feeling a little saucey so I put 200lbs on the lying leg curl and did a static hold for as long as I could, didn't keep track but I was dying at the end.  Did a 60 second stretch at the end.

Quads-LegPress 925*4 with 24 Partial reps.  I'm REALLY diggin the partials instead of the static holds, less wear and tear on the joints.

I did my widowmaker 265*24 reps on the icarian legpress, went to total failure...

I did 2 sets on the Hammer Ab machine, have not done abs in awhile so I need to reapply myself in this area.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »
calfs-Toe Press 525*12 with 28 partials

Hamstrings-Sumo LegPress 545*13SS with 20 Partials and a 10 second static, then I was feeling a little saucey so I put 200lbs on the lying leg curl and did a static hold for as long as I could, didn't keep track but I was dying at the end.  Did a 60 second stretch at the end.

Quads-LegPress 925*4 with 24 Partial reps.  I'm REALLY diggin the partials instead of the static holds, less wear and tear on the joints.

I did my widowmaker 265*24 reps on the icarian legpress, went to total failure...

I did 2 sets on the Hammer Ab machine, have not done abs in awhile so I need to reapply myself in this area.

sounds like another good day brother!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2007, 11:11:56 AM »
I'm worried it's not up to squads standards.... ::) ::) ::)

HAHA yeah i hear that. The only thing that'll ever keep you honest and your head on straight is making sure it's up to YOUR standards which stands true for everyone.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2007, 01:04:45 PM »
AAS baby! How do you find clothes that fit? LOL

easy, I shop in the "mens" part of the store, I'm not stuck in the "pre-teen" like you are buying you're size 26 "slim" pants and watching the total gym commercials thinking "man I really got to change it up"

You're a turd.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2007, 01:16:16 PM »
shit 320 in the rack means that "natuaral al" could probably pull a whopping 265 off the floor. :o

oh, brother ::) ::) ::)

don't you have another cardio session on the G&O board to get to?  Or are you getting your cardio in today walking from the car to the register at 7-11 to stock up on your chip supply?

why do I have the feeling that if I pulled 600lbs you'd still be fucking with me?

it would be funny if it was someone else but with you it's just kinda sad at this point and to see you befreind pumpster just shows how far you've sunk.  Do you have OCD?  Last week you were stalking Groink now it's me...you need to get out more.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2007, 01:30:30 PM »
hahahahaha you couldn't roll 600 across the gym floor, who are you kidding? you barely pull 3 plates from the knees in the rack.

nice reading skills you got there...I said "if"...read, comprehend then comment.  It aint' all that hard there tiger.

bottom line, I was fucking around.  I could care less what you say about anything that has to do with my training.  I don't know you, never will.  Nothing you can offer me is gonna make or break me on a competitive stage if I ever get up there.  Now if you spent half your time giving advice or at least trying to look at something constructively that would be different but you're like the little fat bully at school who can't stand to have anyone else doing well and it's just sad.  You're older than me and your life revolves around this site....c'mon now.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2007, 01:39:40 PM »
hahahahahaha, post a picture if you look better than me chickenshit.

I still have about 14,000 posts till you can call me on that one bigmouth. ;D ;D ;D

realistically, what would me posting a pic do for me?

"c'mon now"
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2007, 01:48:10 PM »
hahahahaha, just what i thought you're scared shitless.

whatever you say.  I don't need to justify anything to you or anybody here.  Believe whatever you want

why don't you start a journal...oh, wait...I'll save you the trouble, this would be your entry everyday:

got up, logged onto getbig......got my 375 post a day cardio session in.  I was feeling fat so I only ate 15/16ths of the bag of chips today.  Burned some fat stalking natural al.

I gotta slow down, I'm gonna burn out my CNS.

now hit the fucking road boy, look how easy it was to get under your skin.  How many keyboards have you ruined today in this thread?  and to think I didn't even pile on a few weeks ago cause I felt bad for you. 
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2007, 09:09:23 AM »
had to change things up due to circumstances beyond my control.

I started off with something I've been wanting to do for along time, it's not really DC and I'll probably only do it for a short time but I had the but so I did it.  Started off with dB pullovers, I went light since I haven't done them in years, 50lbs for 25ish reps straight setted, I didn't really count the reps just wanted to warm up with it and get a little pump going, I don't think if effected anything else too bad.

Front Pulldowns-160*34RP with a 20 second static

DB Rows-100lbs, got 31 with my left and 27 with my right, I did rest pause them.

Drag Curls-120lbs*28RP-I really like these.

Pinwheel Curls-25*20ish reps for each arm.

I did all my stretches at the end instead of after each bodypart and I really liked that, might stick with it.

Did 30 mins of cardio at the end.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2007, 09:21:36 AM »
wtf is a pinwheel curl?!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2007, 09:25:55 AM »
wtf is a pinwheel curl?!

the way I do it is I do a hammer curl, stop when the arm is bent 90 degrees then bring it in so my forearm is accross my body, rotate back and down and that's one rep...I don't know if that makes any sense....
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2007, 10:24:50 AM »
the way I do it is I do a hammer curl, stop when the arm is bent 90 degrees then bring it in so my forearm is accross my body, rotate back and down and that's one rep...I don't know if that makes any sense....

lol nope but do your thing man. Sounds kinda rough to me!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2007, 10:39:31 AM »
Im guessin u mean each rep goes up then angled across??

Bro managed heaviest weight i ever deadlifted today. 8 good reps (iv never done a one rep max).awesome!!

1st 2 weeks wer v good, using same weights that i finished last blast with to ease back in, but beat like all te rp totals i got at the end of last blast, so was happy.

I can do most workouts by myself, but one of the sessions i need help with 1st four exercise e.g. upright seated chest press, the handles are at the bottom and it take all strength to get it to full lockout b4 i begin the set, so i usually get sum guy to pull them out as im pressing and then start the set.
SAme with press behind neck, im seated andtake bar from friend, but last week i had no1 so had to squat back in chair and press weight up (sapping mre strength), but even with all that i still matched or beat rp totals from last blast and everything is being upped. v excited!!

Hows u going?

davie

It isn't the mountains ah

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2007, 01:12:25 PM »
Im guessin u mean each rep goes up then angled across??

Bro managed heaviest weight i ever deadlifted today. 8 good reps (iv never done a one rep max).awesome!!

1st 2 weeks wer v good, using same weights that i finished last blast with to ease back in, but beat like all te rp totals i got at the end of last blast, so was happy.

I can do most workouts by myself, but one of the sessions i need help with 1st four exercise e.g. upright seated chest press, the handles are at the bottom and it take all strength to get it to full lockout b4 i begin the set, so i usually get sum guy to pull them out as im pressing and then start the set.
SAme with press behind neck, im seated andtake bar from friend, but last week i had no1 so had to squat back in chair and press weight up (sapping mre strength), but even with all that i still matched or beat rp totals from last blast and everything is being upped. v excited!!

Hows u going?

davie

it's going good.  Higher rep ranges seem to be ok for the most part, they're different and a nice change.  I don't know if I'm gonna keep the rack deads or not, I really have to limit what I do with them and I don't know if it's worth it at this point.  Other than that everything is "ok", still trying to lean out a little more just for my own sake.

nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »
Quickie today, lots going on.

chest-Decline 240*34, 7 partials and 15 second static at the end.
70*30 on the widowmaker

Icarian Shoulder-90*23-I switched this up from the 12 reps I was getting last time, I did 90lbs total, both arms at once, for some reason the range of motion on this machine makes everything super heavy, I've never seen anyone really pile the wieght on, you push up and out at the same time...it's a bitch.  I did a 30 second static afterwards.

I didn't do tri's cause I was rushed, did stretches at the end, 90 seconds for chest and shoulders...maybe some cardio later.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2007, 05:55:39 AM »
Quickie today, lots going on.

chest-Decline 240*34, 7 partials and 15 second static at the end.
70*30 on the widowmaker

Icarian Shoulder-90*23-I switched this up from the 12 reps I was getting last time, I did 90lbs total, both arms at once, for some reason the range of motion on this machine makes everything super heavy, I've never seen anyone really pile the wieght on, you push up and out at the same time...it's a bitch.  I did a 30 second static afterwards.

I didn't do tri's cause I was rushed, did stretches at the end, 90 seconds for chest and shoulders...maybe some cardio later.

Get it next time bro. Gotta do what you can with what you got. Sounds like you made the most of your time!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »
Hey mate, looks like u kicked ass even on a shortened workout!!

Meant to ask u sumthin....my 3 shoulder moves at the mo are machine press, upright row (with ez bar), and BNP.

Was doing Db press but switched to machine for this blast.

I havnt stalled on upright rows yet, but was thinking of a change to spice tings up a abit. Was considering high pulls??
Starting from the knee (take legs out of the movement)?? My questions are:
1. What do u think of trying this exercise when doing DC?
2. For upright rows i have shoulder width grip (trying to hammer side head of delt), should i keep shoulder width grip or moves hands closer together (tho that might hit traps more)?
3. At the top of the movement should i stop at top of chest/neck (like i do with upright row)....OR should i bring bar all the way up to level with forehead (like iv seen on demonstration video)??

Thanks bro.

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2007, 11:41:03 AM »
Hey mate, looks like u kicked ass even on a shortened workout!!

Meant to ask u sumthin....my 3 shoulder moves at the mo are machine press, upright row (with ez bar), and BNP.

Was doing Db press but switched to machine for this blast.

I havnt stalled on upright rows yet, but was thinking of a change to spice tings up a abit. Was considering high pulls??
Starting from the knee (take legs out of the movement)?? My questions are:
1. What do u think of trying this exercise when doing DC?
2. For upright rows i have shoulder width grip (trying to hammer side head of delt), should i keep shoulder width grip or moves hands closer together (tho that might hit traps more)?
3. At the top of the movement should i stop at top of chest/neck (like i do with upright row)....OR should i bring bar all the way up to level with forehead (like iv seen on demonstration video)??

Thanks bro.

davie

I'd say stick with what you have and maybe rotate in the highpulls once you top out on a movement.

1-power moves are fine, I've never done this one...I did do a clean and press for a little while but my lower back just couldn't handle it...all my pressing movements are seated.

2-keep the grip shoulder width IMO...

3-if you keep the grip shoulder width I'd stop at the chest neck region...BUT like I said I haven't really done anything like this in awhile.  I don't know how much more youd be getting out of the movement if you go higher.

Sorry bro, short answers...I'm just not into it today ???
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »
Thats kul mate, u answered everything well!!

Reason i was unsure about trying something like this was i thought power moves wer frowned upon while doing DC??

Ok il stick with upright rows at the mo, Im really tring to hammer side delts, and apart from lat raises (which u cant really do in DC due to fact ul stall quickly), upright rows wer the only ones i could think of that really hit seide delts more than the other heads!?

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
Thats kul mate, u answered everything well!!

Reason i was unsure about trying something like this was i thought power moves wer frowned upon while doing DC??

Ok il stick with upright rows at the mo, Im really tring to hammer side delts, and apart from lat raises (which u cant really do in DC due to fact ul stall quickly), upright rows wer the only ones i could think of that really hit seide delts more than the other heads!?

davie

some guys use some power moves.  Justin Harris who posts here as Trooponin did some clean and press work.  Benching is frowned upon cause guys tend to hurt themselves moving heavy weights with multiple rep rest pause sets.  Squats and deads are used but not rest paused.  think of it this way, what are the chances you're gonna hurt yourself doing the movement?  If the chance is there do what you have to do to protect youself. 
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »
Yeh cheers.

Can u think of anything uv done other than upright rows that hammered side delts?

Other than that im just doing pressing movements?!

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »
Yeh cheers.

Can u think of anything uv done other than upright rows that hammered side delts?

Other than that im just doing pressing movements?!

davie

man, did a movement I made up myself I called them "powerlaterals" but I'd have to think how to describe them.  Wide grip upright rows are probably ok.  Let me thing about it...
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2007, 02:02:45 PM »
Cheers buddy, give it sum thought and once uv got a rough description let me know?!

davie