Author Topic: Goudy/Ursus NEW improved training log  (Read 59155 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: John Goudy Training Thread: Started 26th July 08
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 07:06:21 AM »
if your not a competitive bodybuilder or into powerlifting. leg work just takes away energy from whats important: the upper body.

sure work your legs so they dont look like sticks...but whats the point of squatting much more than 180kg or so if your not into competitive bodybuilding or powerlifting.

goudys legs look big enough

im saying all this because i will be doing 'maintainence' work for my legs the rest of my life  :D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »
if your not a competitive bodybuilder or into powerlifting. leg work just takes away energy from whats important: the upper body.

sure work your legs so they dont look like sticks...but whats the point of squatting much more than 180kg or so if your not into competitive bodybuilding or powerlifting.

goudys legs look big enough

im saying all this because i will be doing 'maintainence' work for my legs the rest of my life  :D

each to their own. I would like legs in proportion though and also fairly strong. My lims proportions mean ill never be Ed Coan in terms of strength of Branch Warren in terms of size. I would be hapy with legs that can squat 500lbs and 28" fairly cut.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 10:32:32 AM »

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 10:53:24 AM »
Your legs are not that bad for a man your height.

Keep up the good work John!

8)

Lacking but not the worst ever...second worse ever lol

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 12:34:51 PM »
back biceps

Weighted chins 5 sets
weighted pullups 6 sets
chest supported barbell rows 5 sets (great exterics folks thanks!)
cable rows 3 sets
DB curls 8 sets 35lbs-70lbs

done very tired and sore now. plus felt like killing some guy in the gym getting on like  areal prick....he is kinda slowish liek forrest gump though knows enough to know ehn he is being cheeky. Was so out of order.

He missed a bench press...i lifted it off him...he went nts.

No pics today. Will maybe take some next day if all goes well. Also i like the heaveier weight less reps on the db curls...felt like a better pump than when i was chasing the pump rather than moving the weight.

Got up to 70s which to be honest surprised me a lot. last time i done them i remember 55's being very tough

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 12:43:13 PM »
back biceps

Weighted chins 5 sets
weighted pullups 6 sets
chest supported barbell rows 5 sets (great exterics folks thanks!)
cable rows 3 sets
DB curls 8 sets 35lbs-70lbs

done very tired and sore now. plus felt like killing some guy in the gym getting on like  areal prick....he is kinda slowish liek forrest gump though knows enough to know ehn he is being cheeky. Was so out of order.

He missed a bench press...i lifted it off him...he went nts.

No pics today. Will maybe take some next day if all goes well. Also i like the heaveier weight less reps on the db curls...felt like a better pump than when i was chasing the pump rather than moving the weight.

Got up to 70s which to be honest surprised me a lot. last time i done them i remember 55's being very tough
what did the guy on the bench press do?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2008, 12:48:35 PM »
I lifted it off him he said i was wrong to do it. I knew i was right. Many seen me help him in the gym

Then said if he fails it his own fault.

I said would you like me to have left the bar on your neck or would it have been easier for me just to lift it like i did? He was deadly serious and said it would hav been wasier to lift it but its not the first time he has been trapped under the bar and got out of it.

Said i was cheating him out of strength or some shit like that.

At that point i said fair enough, i wont spot you since you want to do it on your own. For the next 15 minutes he done sets of 2-4reps staying shy of the 5-6 range which he failed on.

Whilst he was doing this he was acting a maggot shouting oh look i can do it on my own i dont need a spot and wiggling his legs in the air. Guy was looking for a fight or some shit. As my friend said he "got out of his space pod on the wrong side today"

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »
I lifted it off him he said i was wrong to do it. I knew i was right. Many seen me help him in the gym

Then said if he fails it his own fault.

I said would you like me to have left the bar on your neck or would it have been easier for me just to lift it like i did? He was deadly serious and said it would hav been wasier to lift it but its not the first time he has been trapped under the bar and got out of it.

Said i was cheating him out of strength or some shit like that.

At that point i said fair enough, i wont spot you since you want to do it on your own. For the next 15 minutes he done sets of 2-4reps staying shy of the 5-6 range which he failed on.

Whilst he was doing this he was acting a maggot shouting oh look i can do it on my own i dont need a spot and wiggling his legs in the air. Guy was looking for a fight or some shit. As my friend said he "got out of his space pod on the wrong side today"
sounds like he has some problems.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 12:59:08 PM »
he does. He said his parents were sending him to a shrink.

Yes its unfortunate etc though he isnt fucked enough that he knows when he is out of order. He can function well at time ould not think anything wrong etc drives etc. And i always used to chat to him yarn offer spot before if he wanted on when most made a wanker out of him. Burnt that bridge now.

No one speaks to me like that. I was just straight and honest with him then finished my workout. Nothing to gain from hitting him or shit like that. If anything i would have been made out to be the bully or aggressor

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »
What a dick.

Next time he struggles, just laugh and walk off.

if he gets crazy, punch him in the throat.

8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2008, 01:49:35 PM »
fucking hell you're a tank, goudy. i've definitely gotta put some extra work in if i plan on being competitive in our little bench challenge.  >:(

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2008, 02:54:01 PM »
What a dick.

Next time he struggles, just laugh and walk off.

if he gets crazy, punch him in the throat.

8)

complete twat he was overload. Wash my hands of him.
fucking hell you're a tank, goudy. i've definitely gotta put some extra work in if i plan on being competitive in our little bench challenge.  >:(

Ypu are at least as strong as me (stronger to be honest) at the bench press at the minute. Its a strength comp not a bbuilding comp so its not what we look like we cna bench but what we can :)

ty for kind words though

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 09:19:47 AM »
Chest tris

Bench 265lbs 4 sets then i done 15 paused *****NB*****

Thsi was a shoick. I took almost a week off an benched my sets of 6-8 paused than i tried 265lbs for as many reps as i could. I got 15. Then after i started wondering if i loaded the bar incorrectly with a 25kh (55lbs) rather than a 20kg(44lbs plate) There are only 2 in the gym (55lbs) and i did not load it unevenly as after i held it out to see if i noticed a 5kg difference. I did.

Now i am wondering if it was only 242lbs loaded incorrectly by myself. I am thinking like fuck and for the life of me cant say for certainty. Howeer if i did i would have noticed the 25kg plate which was just beside the bench.

My friend says he thinks it was 265 as he seen someone move the 25kg after to another part of te gym. Like i said i would not have loaded it incorrectly.

I will know for sure what weight it was maybe monday though likely friday as on my last set i will go to failure (or a rep or 2 short) If i get 12 with reps to spare on monday i know it was correct. if not was a mistake.

Single with 308lbs

incline db's 6 sets...felt strong
close grip bench 3 stes
weighted dips 3 sets...strong also
tri pushdowns
overhead db extension and flyes s/s 3 sets also very strong
pushups...for the pump lol

It is really annoying me what weight it was. I will assume it was 265 though if i am incorrect i will let u know on monday or frieday whn i next test it out a bit.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 03:36:59 PM »
once you get going on paused reps, you'd be surprised how easy they get since you, in a way, get two spots to "relax", especially with a weight light enough that you can let it sit on your chest almost fully. i've got no doubt you'd hit 15 with 265 feeling fresh.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
once you get going on paused reps, you'd be surprised how easy they get since you, in a way, get two spots to "relax", especially with a weight light enough that you can let it sit on your chest almost fully. i've got no doubt you'd hit 15 with 265 feeling fresh.

I only got 18 with 225 though granted i was fucked and injured.

I am pretty sure i did it at the end. was amazed. like i said i bench again on monday lets yas know how it goes

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 11:37:19 AM »
I only got 18 with 225 though granted i was fucked and injured.

I am pretty sure i did it at the end. was amazed. like i said i bench again on monday lets yas know how it goes

admittedly i'd also been doing it nearly weekly, so my body was more primed for it. my first few whacks at it i was between 16 and 18. takes a lot for your body to do well at both low and high reps.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 12:32:08 PM »
14th did back bis cant be assed writing it out lol just simlar to usual.

15th...very pressed for time due to exam so just squatted and shoulder pressed.

18th Aug

ell i had an exam today...3 hours...i was up until after 2 then up again at 7 to head over. Had breakfast then very little to eat after. Rushed a session in cos i had work also at half 3 so just done the basics. Despite being hungry tired and fatiqued with unreal humidity it went well.

I think the last day i done 265x15. Must have been it as today i done more sets and reps with 8 then a set to 10 not failure. To failure i had 12. Take into account i was fooked and the circumstances and also i felt great the last day means that it was 265lbs. I then done a single with 313.5lbs...was easy though i felt a wee 'give' or twinge in tricep. I think this is due to curling woth heavy db's and the negative believe it or not way i do it seem s to jerk at the tricep. Will be dropping them and sticking to higer reps as i dont wann hurt myself before the bench comp.

So put anti inflammatory rub on it and will take gluatmine and just be careful with it. Any trouble from it i will rest. If the high reps then heavy single affects it i will drop the single or put it at the start

Anyway here was a very rushed workout

Bench 5 sets 8-10
inclines 6 sets 121lbs dbs
Close grips 3 sets 253lbs
dips 3 sets 115lbs

short and sweet.
Exam over now can concentrate for  a short while on trianing.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 12:51:22 PM »
Back bi's today

Weighted chins 5sets
Weighted pullups 5 sets
Chest supported rows 5 sets - Guys i think these are great lol
Cable rows 3 sets
Bis 6 sets very light was not in the mood today for bis

Overall a great day everything felt very light despite having no motivation. In a few workout i will try for a heavier chin maybe around 50kg and see how it goes

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 05:00:03 AM »
Good job

*thumbs up*  :D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
How much was that overhead press?

270 pounds?

That is very impressive!

8)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2008, 12:45:58 PM »
Ooops sorry plates me gym different.

was 231lbs just. I was actually very tenbative pressing it as i had previously hirt my tricep a few weeks back. Went up ok. When it came to lockout i stopped before i remembered to press lol

Yesteray i reckon i had 250lbs in me as it flew off shoulders even prexhausted. I reckon i would have 264lbs in me on an olympic bar fresh

Thanks for props man

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
good stuff on that press man, not much leg kick at all on that one, strong press.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2008, 01:33:15 PM »
more than i woukld have liked anyway.

Thanks man

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »
Chest and tris today.

was conscious of my tricep though felt good by the end. I made a few adjustments. Back was also ok on deadlifting the 121lbers for inclines.

Flat bench...265lbs 5 sets very easy, then heavier single of 308*
Incline DB....5 stes. Very strong i done a couple of extra reps on the last set. Not to failure
Close grip bench...3 sets worked up to 255lbs felt good.
weighted dips...dropped to 100lbs just done 5x8
tri pushdowns...v light v high reps
Overhead tri s/s flyes...also v light.

It was a long time since i done the majority of this routine due to exams injury laziness etc. But all in all it felt good. I was feeling weak under the heavier single and i dropped it down again to 308 and paused it flew up. had at least 4 paused reps in my v pre exhausted by this stage.

Same with close grip and weighted dips. I was feeling weak on negative but all felt good today so thank fook. Hopefully i feel even better the next day and remain injury free.

Got a good pump. So cant complain. Here is a vid last night tired and not pumped or full in poor light. Wish i took a foto today. looked the part lol

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 11:39:05 AM »
Everything bar back is coming along well. Hirt it doing shoulder presses other day. Annoying.

Def thing its getting better and shall be able to squat def soon...i think

Did chest again today...After 5x8-9 with 264lbs i done an easy single with 330.