Author Topic: The Y board lifting thread  (Read 2030331 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: The Y board lifting thread.
« Reply #5950 on: April 02, 2013, 07:37:18 AM »
Front Squat
Tower pull up
1/2 mile sprint
Y

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5951 on: April 02, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »
Took a couple of days off to begin a new split. Easter made it perfect timing! ;)

I'd been training chest, back, and traps one day,
Delts, tri's, and bi's one day,
Legs on their own day.

This split offered me the chance to work each muscle with more frequency using a two on/one off schedule. It also improved my conditioning. My new split is designed to work one large muscle group and one small group per day, directly hitting each muscle one day per every seven:

Chest & bi's
Legs
Off
Delts & tri's
Off
Back & traps
Off

Cardio, neck, and grip work will be done on various "off" days.

I may eventually split my leg workout into two different days. Today was my first attempt at my new split. My workout was a bit shorter, and I had a much easier time maintaining focus, drive, and intensity. I'm looking forward to devoting more volume and energy to each body part for the next few months.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5952 on: April 02, 2013, 04:18:28 PM »
Flat Bench

Hammer Press

Flat DB Flyes

Incline CGBP

Pushdowns
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5953 on: April 02, 2013, 08:20:51 PM »
Tabata sprints
Y

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #5954 on: April 02, 2013, 11:35:35 PM »

Today i will work arms:

Dips  3 sets
Kneeling cable extensions(Larry Scott style) 3 sets
Lying db extensions 3 sets

Hammer curls  6 sets

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5955 on: April 03, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »
Check this out: 

Why HIIT is the Most Efficient Workout

Posted on April 2, 2013 by GSP RUSHFIT

Today we break down the concept of HIIT so you can understand the basic concepts behind it and the science that shows why it’s the first choice of functional fitness and serious physical performers looking to build strength and cut weight.

WHAT

High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a training style based on short bursts of high intensity (elevated heart rate) activity interspersed with slower recovery phases. It increases stamina and strength and offers more functional benefits than steady state cardio or heavy weight lifting.

HIIT works off two basic principles in fitness:

PRINCIPLE OF OVERLOAD

The basic concept states that in order for a muscle or body to grow stronger you must force it to perform against a higher workload than it is used to.

Increased resistance (heavier weight) leads to more strength. Increased time (longer) leads to more endurance. If you’re used to 15 lb weights for your workouts and aren’t seeing the results you want yet, bump up to 20 lbs. If you’re comfortable at your own rate and the workouts feel easy, pickup your pace and see if you can match GSP rep-for-rep in the workouts. You don’t need to work until you collapse but you do need to be above your comfort zone.

PRINCIPLE OF ADAPTATION

This principle requires that as a body is continually stressed against a workload it will adjust to it. If the principle of overload requires extra weight, the adaptation to it is the muscle growth that forms strength. As you run longer distances the adaptation (increased stamina) in your body creates the endurance affect.

In the case of GSP RUSHFIT, soreness is another great way to understand adaptation. When you first started the program,you were undoubtedly very sore the days after each workout for the first couple of weeks (overload). As your body became used to the exercises, the soreness diminished a little each time until some of them became easier and your strength and endurance increased. That’s adaptation in action.

If you are not getting the results you want from HIIT, it means you are either not overloading your system (or not overloading it enough) to create any adaptation.

HOW

HIIT can be adjusted for the purposes of individual sports or current level of conditioning. GSP RUSHFIT uses 5 X 5 minute rounds specific to MMA championship fights. Distance runners and cyclists may use hills and sprints for gains on running flat distances. Other sports have different requirements and as such the ability to shorten/lengthen intervals, recovery phases, and adjust intensity within them gives great flexibility to make HIIT relevant to any activity.

TOP 5 BENEFITS OF HIIT OVER CARDIO

1) INCREASED AFTERBURN

Muscle growth and repair is required to achieve adaptation, a process that happens in the 24-48 hours after your workout. This boosts your metabolism on those days and your basal metabolic rate (BMR) in the long run. How much so? One study found that production of HGH (human growth hormone) is 450% higher in the 24 hours after a workout. So when you’re feeling sore, smile and know your body is burning calories in the process.

2) QUICKER TRAINING SESSIONS

If your goal is to burn 500 calories in a workout and you had the choice to do it in 1 hour or in 45 minutes, which do you think would be harder and produce greater results? This one is self explanatory. If you’re a busy person with a job or school and a personal life to juggle, this could save you a lot of time over the course of a week.

3) FAST RESULTS

The return on results seen from HIIT surprise some people. One study found that cyclists could cycle TWICE AS FAR at the same pace after 8 weeks of HIIT than before it. WOW. They doubled their endurance in 8 Weeks. If HIIT can produce drastic results for muscular endurance in that short amount of time just imagine what it does for fat burn during the same time.

4) BURN FAT BUILD MUSCLE

The combination of bursts with sustained activity in between elevate the best effects of cardio without sacrificing muscle. The combination of weights and HIIT guarantee you maintain your muscle gains and burn most of your calories from fat stores. It’s the best of both worlds.

5) AVOID OVERTRAINING

Repetitive use injuries and overtraining are common for people on short timelines and those with big goals that require many hours of effort. For example, if you’re training for a 6 mile run you can run 6 miles every practice session and try to push yourself to get better every time. Or you can use HIIT for half your training sessions and run 4 miles of sprint intervals to create a measurable overload effect with less wear and tear on your joints. After a few of those 4 mile interval sessions, a straight forward 6 will feel easy. This doesn’t seem like a big deal in one example, but when you multiply the effect over 8 weeks it really adds up.

High Intensity Interval Training is quite simple but not easy. Like any program you must stick with it and most importantly KNOW what you’re doing for safe training and maximum results. That’s where we come in with GSP RUSHFIT, a classic HIIT program with an MMA training style focus that you can follow along. It doesn’t take a lot of time but it does require a lot of effort. The guaranteed results in strength, stamina, and fat loss are worth it. That’s where you come in. Tap into your inner strength and take advantage of HIIT. Sweaty when you are…

-Team RUSHFIT

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5956 on: April 03, 2013, 07:47:16 AM »

5) AVOID OVERTRAINING

Repetitive use injuries and overtraining are common for people on short timelines and those with big goals that require many hours of effort. For example, if you’re training for a 6 mile run you can run 6 miles every practice session and try to push yourself to get better every time. Or you can use HIIT for half your training sessions and run 4 miles of sprint intervals to create a measurable overload effect with less wear and tear on your joints. After a few of those 4 mile interval sessions, a straight forward 6 will feel easy. This doesn’t seem like a big deal in one example, but when you multiply the effect over 8 weeks it really adds up.

I believe this.  I never run and hate it, but now have to because of the tough mudder, and can't do much else for a few more weeks until I get cleared for my shoulder.

Anyway, I went to run a 3.3 mile loop on 3/2.  I was pathetic, stopping about 6 times to walk and it took around 35+ minutes.  I did HIT on the treadmill for the next month.  Tried the same loop last week, never stopped and averaged a 7.5 min mile.   Nothing spectacular, but I never ran the 3.2 miles during that month, only HIT.  It works.  5 miles will be easy in two weeks.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5957 on: April 03, 2013, 07:51:37 AM »
I believe this.  I never run and hate it, but now have to because of the tough mudder, and can't do much else for a few more weeks until I get cleared for my shoulder.

Anyway, I went to run a 3.3 mile loop on 3/2.  I was pathetic, stopping about 6 times to walk and it took around 35+ minutes.  I did HIT on the treadmill for the next month.  Tried the same loop last week, never stopped and averaged a 7.5 min mile.   Nothing spectacular, but I never ran the 3.2 miles during that month, only HIT.  It works.  5 miles will be easy in two weeks.

Yup.   I did a track workout the other day 3 miles - and every 1/4 mile stopped for 10 burpees, 10 dive bomber pushups, 10 sit ups,   - no problem at all.  Run was faster than jog but slower than sprint. 

The program works.  I can't lie. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #5958 on: April 04, 2013, 05:31:31 PM »
Deadlifts

Barbell Rows

Cleans

DB Snatches

Chest Supported Rows

Seated Shrugs
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5959 on: April 04, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
Went to a gymnastics class tonight.   Sounds twinkish - but ut was real fun to be honest. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #5961 on: April 05, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »
leg extensions  4 sets
squats   3 sets
leg press  3 sets
stiff leg deadlifts  3 sets

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #5962 on: April 05, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »
Military Press

DB Side Lat

Seated Press

DB Rear Delt

Reverse Curls

DB Curls
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5963 on: April 05, 2013, 04:43:38 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5964 on: April 06, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »
Is Calvin even lifting anymore?  ???

Front Squat
SLD
Military
Barbell curls
Concentration curls

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #5965 on: April 06, 2013, 04:46:03 PM »
Is Calvin even lifting anymore?  ???

Front Squat
SLD
Military
Barbell curls
Concentration curls

Actually been getting back into t very serious but can't post from work right now and I'm too lazy when I get home at night ;D

Fri-decline close grip bench
pushdowns
skull crushers
overhead tri extension
straight bar drag curls
db curls
preachers

abs

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5966 on: April 06, 2013, 05:32:56 PM »

Nice post. Thanks!

Don't you go around roughing up SEALS, now. ;D

I have been using the Navy SEALS training regimen as a lot of what i have been doing. 

One of the BEST fucking books to get is by Stew Smith ex seal.  This book is like a frigging bible to me exercise wise. 

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Fitness-Edition-Includes/dp/1578262666/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365294763&sr=8-1&keywords=stew+smith

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5967 on: April 07, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »
5.73 mile run.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5968 on: April 07, 2013, 03:41:31 PM »
5 circuits of

10 burpees - (W 25lb dumbbells) 10 standing squats  - 10 upright rows - 10 curls/verhead press - 10 pop ups 

Followed by

5 circuits of

25 pushups - 5 pull ups - 10 burpees

Followed by - 5 trips around the gym holding 35lb kettle balls

Followed by - tie rope to 100lb kettleball and do tug of war type pull  - 5 times

Followed by  - 10 minutes abs 

Followed by  - 1 mile at track (stop every 1/4 mile to do 10 standing squats - 10 pushups - 10 pop ups

Followed by - 10 40 yard sprints full speed

Followed by - Bear Crawls 40 yards - x 5 

Spartan Race less than a week away.   

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #5969 on: April 08, 2013, 09:08:00 AM »
chest/calves:

incline db press  3 sets
flat bench on the smith  3 sets
incline flyes  4 sets

seated calf raises   5 sets

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #5970 on: April 08, 2013, 01:42:51 PM »
5 circuits of

10 burpees - (W 25lb dumbbells) 10 standing squats  - 10 upright rows - 10 curls/verhead press - 10 pop ups 

Followed by

5 circuits of

25 pushups - 5 pull ups - 10 burpees

Followed by - 5 trips around the gym holding 35lb kettle balls

Followed by - tie rope to 100lb kettleball and do tug of war type pull  - 5 times

Followed by  - 10 minutes abs 

Followed by  - 1 mile at track (stop every 1/4 mile to do 10 standing squats - 10 pushups - 10 pop ups

Followed by - 10 40 yard sprints full speed

Followed by - Bear Crawls 40 yards - x 5 

Spartan Race less than a week away.   

Brutal, damn bro what are your goals?

Bench
Barbell Row
DB laterals
Skull crushers
crunches.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5971 on: April 08, 2013, 01:47:43 PM »
Brutal, damn bro what are your goals?

Bench
Barbell Row
DB laterals
Skull crushers
crunches.

Finish in top 10-15% in my race this weekend. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #5972 on: April 08, 2013, 02:08:26 PM »
Finish in top 10-15% in my race this weekend. 
Which race?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5973 on: April 08, 2013, 02:14:20 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #5974 on: April 08, 2013, 02:18:36 PM »
Spartan Race at CitiField

www.spartanrace.com

Brutal. Are you up for that some crazy stuff but cool let us know how it goes. Good luck.