Author Topic: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.  (Read 19026 times)

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2009, 10:06:44 AM »
The president made a mistake in his comment. He should have replaced 'Cop' with 'Gates' when he was referred to the person acting stupidly in this case.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2009, 11:55:26 AM »
Jag, your ignorance and stupidity knows no bounds. 

So now 52.7% voted for people yelling racist insults at cops? 

People voted for a change from Bush, not a marxist radical dictatorship.

you must be looking in the mirror as you say this

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2009, 11:57:40 AM »
Where are the racist insults you allege Gates hurled at Crowley?

Are you alleging that any disrespectful comment stated to a law enforcement officer who does not share your ethnicity, that it's racism? Is that what you're saying?

Who's defending Gates? I'm defending President Obama and his assessment of the situation. It was stupid!

exactly...no one here is actually defending gates' actions....we are saying the officer was wrong to arrest him..the guy was in his own house...should have just left

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »

exactly...no one here is actually defending gates' actions....we are saying the officer was wrong to arrest him..the guy was in his own house...should have just left

That's funny considering the hispanic and black cop agreed with Crowley. 

Gates is a typical racist poverty pimp hustler.  The cop was there to protect the property and this scum bag Gates starts with the raciall crap? 

Screw him and ZERO.  Both of them are fools. 

"I DONT KNOW THE FACTS, BUT THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ACTED STUPIDLY" 

"I'LL SEE YO MAMMA ON THE PORCH" 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »
From where I'm sitting... Obama is coming up smelling like roses on this one.
The nation is distracted when there are more important matters on the table
He's bringing the two sides together over a beer to solve their differences...
...so Americans can get past bickering amongst themselves and get about the business of the land
...the two sides get together to kiss and make nice nice with each other...
he gets to take credit for the dissipation of tensions between the African American community & law enforcement

Sounds like an Obama victory in the making to me. Change we can believe in.

Obama 1
Haters 0

The only thing that can screw it up now, is if Crowley gets too drunk, pulls his gun, and tries to shoot Gates in the middle of the Rose Garden, ...or if Gates tries to bugger Crowley upstairs in the Lincoln bedroom. That could be bad.
...but don't worry, healthcare reform isn't a fait accomplis just yet. You still get another kick at the can.  :D

You must be sitting in another dimension because most people think Obama looks bad on this one.

Actually, it really made him look like a fool.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2009, 02:22:22 PM »
He was in his own house.  That isn't disturbing the peace.  He was disturbing Crowley's ego.   

Read the police report. He followed Crowley outside and continued to yell at him and make a scene. In Massachusetts that is considered disturbing the peace.

He was warned twice to calm down and did not. Even after Crowley gave him his name TWICE and was exiting his house to wait for the Harvard campus police.

If you don't like the law take it up with the politicians in Massachusetts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »
Read the police report. He followed Crowley outside and continued to yell at him and make a scene. In Massachusetts that is considered disturbing the peace.

He was warned twice to calm down and did not. Even after Crowley gave him his name TWICE and was exiting his house to wait for the Harvard campus police.

If you don't like the law take it up with the politicians in Massachusetts.

I read the police report.  The man was on his own property.  That's the distinguishing factor for me. 

I don't have a problem with the law.  I have a problem with how it was enforced.  Apparently the police did too, because they immediately dropped the charges. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2009, 02:40:58 PM »
I read the police report.  The man was on his own property.  That's the distinguishing factor for me. 

I don't have a problem with the law.  I have a problem with how it was enforced.  Apparently the police did too, because they immediately dropped the charges. 

Beach:

I learned early on, never challenge a cop in public in front of other officers and people. 

Gates was simply a moron in this.     

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2009, 02:49:17 PM »

It was dropped because Obama helped his friend....talk about favoritism  :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »
Beach:

I learned early on, never challenge a cop in public in front of other officers and people. 

Gates was simply a moron in this.     

I agree.  I've talked to more than one cop who said a person's attitude dictates how the person is treated.  I'd never yell at a cop.  

Yes Gates was a moron, but he was a moron on his own property.  A person should have the right to act like a moron on his or her own property.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2009, 03:10:11 PM »
if YOU are a cop, and you stumble upon a report of TWO intruders, as the 911 clal showed...

and you only walk in and see ONE man..

you're going to get the first guy out to ensure the 2nd guy isn't in the bedroom with a shotgun ready to ruin your day.

They had a called telling them there were TWo intruders - listen to the 911 call - they thought there was a second guy.  And this was a high break in neighborhood. 

police 101, and I bet kh300 backs this as well.  If you think there are two bad guys, you don't interview one in the house with unknowns in the rooms.  You take 1st guy outside for an ID and then you look for a second guy.

And, if guy #1 starts screaming shit about your mama.... and you don't know who is in other rooms, you certainly cuff his ass and put him in the car.

Of course, most of you are some slipping ass fools who would have sat down in the kitchen and checked out IDs while bad guy #2 could have come out of nowhere.  The cops were told 2 bad guys, and they did the smart thing.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2009, 03:53:36 PM »
I agree.  I've talked to more than one cop who said a person's attitude dictates how the person is treated.  I'd never yell at a cop.  

Yes Gates was a moron, but he was a moron on his own property.  A person should have the right to act like a moron on his or her own property.  

Being on your own property does not give you license to disturb the peace - which is what he did and why he was rightfully arrested.

Like someone stated in an earlier post, the charges were dropped for political reasons.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »
if YOU are a cop, and you stumble upon a report of TWO intruders, as the 911 clal showed...

you're going to get the first guy out to ensure the 2nd guy isn't in the bedroom with a shotgun ready to ruin your day.

They had a called telling them there were TWo intruders - listen to the 911 call - they thought there was a second guy.  And this was a high break in neighborhood. 

police 101, and I bet kh300 backs this as well.  If you think there are two bad guys, you don't interview one in the house with unknowns in the rooms.  You take 1st guy outside for an ID and then you look for a second guy.

And, if guy #1 starts screaming shit about your mama.... and you don't know who is in other rooms, you certainly cuff his ass and put him in the car.

Of course, most of you are some slipping ass fools who would have sat down in the kitchen and checked out IDs while bad guy #2 could have come out of nowhere.  The cops were told 2 bad guys, and they did the smart thing.

Come on 240..I would have backed off and called in a friend for help.....only way to be sure.

L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
Being on your own property does not give you license to disturb the peace - which is what he did and why he was rightfully arrested.

Like someone stated in an earlier post, the charges were dropped for political reasons.

Was he really disturbing the peace?  Sounds more like he was offending the cop.  People yell in their own house all the time (you should hear some of the stuff that goes on at my house  :)).  Loud music.  Parties.  People don't arrested for yelling at their own house, unless there is some kind of domestic violence going on, etc.   

How do we know the charges were dropped for political reasons?  Did Obama make a phone call?  Or did they simply realize they arrested a high mucky muck and that he never should have been arrested in the first place?  (I believe the latter.)     

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »
Who gives a fuck the guy was acting like an asshole, got arrested. Doesn't the POTUS have better things to do than get involved in this Mickey Mouse shit?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2009, 06:54:14 PM »
Was he really disturbing the peace?  Sounds more like he was offending the cop.  People yell in their own house all the time (you should hear some of the stuff that goes on at my house  :)).  Loud music.  Parties.  People don't arrested for yelling at their own house, unless there is some kind of domestic violence going on, etc.

Maybe you should ask the cop. From what the available police reports state he was warned on TWO occasions to calm down. He followed the police officer out of the house and continued to yell and make a public scene. In Massachusetts that's illegal.

How do we know the charges were dropped for political reasons?  Did Obama make a phone call?  Or did they simply realize they arrested a high mucky muck and that he never should have been arrested in the first place?  (I believe the latter.)     

It's all in the papers and online news websites. This guy is a well know liberal who just happens to be friends with the mayer AND Obama. Go ahead and draw your own conclusions. You're going to anyways.

In the meantime while the major news outlets are covering this race-baiting asshole the country is going to shit. This country has bigger fish to fry than to deal with some asshat with an ego who got pissed with police officers were called to investigate a suspected break in.

That knob better hope he has a good security system because I think if anyone ever does try to break into that house the police will take their sweet ass time showing up.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2009, 06:59:10 PM »
Yes,thats the way you people on the left have made it.When Trent Lott made an innocent comment praising an old man you wanted him drummed out of the senate,Don Imus was fired for a silly comment,Jimmy the greek fired,Al Campannis fired BUT Jaime Foxx on his show calls Mily Cirus a white bitch,nothing happens.

I've never commented on Trent Lott, or Jimmy the Greek, or Al Campannis. I'm not familiar with their situation.
I've never maintained Don imus should have been fired, ...although I thought his comment was highly innappropriate.

As for Jamie Foxx... my understanding is that he wasn't the one who referred to Miley Cyrus as a white bitch. In any event, I did find the rhetoric highly offensive, and Jamie did issue a public apology to both Miley & Billy Ray.

So,if you want to make an issue of race every single time,now we are going to do the same.Gates is a racist,shot his sawed off mouth off and went to jail.Let him sue if he thinks he was wronged.My bet?He wont sue because he knows whats on the tapes.Obama/Wright jumped in and will soon be exposed as to what he is ,a racist scum bag who hates whites.

I'm not making an issue of race, I'm making an issue of stupid decisions made by Crowley.

Where are the racist comments you allege Gates hurled at Crowley?
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2009, 07:00:05 PM »
Hello, Jaggy.  :)

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2009, 07:26:25 PM »

1) Apparently he did. There was a crowd in front of his house.

2) We can all make assumptions on why the charges were dropped, until the truth comes out, no one point is more valid than the other.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2009, 07:52:18 PM »
Maybe you should ask the cop. From what the available police reports state he was warned on TWO occasions to calm down. He followed the police officer out of the house and continued to yell and make a public scene. In Massachusetts that's illegal.

It's all in the papers and online news websites. This guy is a well know liberal who just happens to be friends with the mayer AND Obama. Go ahead and draw your own conclusions. You're going to anyways.

In the meantime while the major news outlets are covering this race-baiting asshole the country is going to shit. This country has bigger fish to fry than to deal with some asshat with an ego who got pissed with police officers were called to investigate a suspected break in.

That knob better hope he has a good security system because I think if anyone ever does try to break into that house the police will take their sweet ass time showing up.

I agree this shouldn't be a national issue.  It really needs to go away. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2009, 07:56:35 PM »
1) Apparently he did. There was a crowd in front of his house.

2) We can all make assumptions on why the charges were dropped, until the truth comes out, no one point is more valid than the other.

I doubt we ever know the truth about why the charges were dropped.  Do you honestly think the police department will say he shouldn't have been arrested?  Also, I doubt they would admit that they dropped the charges because Obama called them. 

I can't believe the whole country is talking about this.  Really a shame how the media leads us all around by the ear.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »
Hello, Jaggy.  :)

Hi Honey!  :-*  Long time no see. where ya been?
w

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2009, 09:51:35 PM »

This comes from a trailer park living, 300$ shitty site making dude?

Did you forgot some of us have military training...in urban surroundings .....

Let me guess...your next post will involve math...your best skill  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2009, 12:41:37 AM »
This comes from a trailer park living,

We did see a lot of police when living in the trailer park.

They always did the same thing.  get the person outside before talking or Id'ing or anything else.

Police konw and control the environment outside.  When you're inside, you have no clue if a bad guy is in bedroom or bathroom or closet or anything else.

Police don't like to hang out in houses when they're told there are 2 burglars and they only see one man.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2009, 12:58:18 AM »
We did see a lot of police when living in the trailer park.

They always did the same thing.  get the person outside before talking or Id'ing or anything else.

Police konw and control the environment outside.  When you're inside, you have no clue if a bad guy is in bedroom or bathroom or closet or anything else.

Police don't like to hang out in houses when they're told there are 2 burglars and they only see one man.

These may all be well and true, ...but what do they have to do with arresting Gates? ???
Ya, ...there could have been a bad guy in the house, ...but he had already id'ed Gates as the lawful occupant.
What purpose did arresting him have? ...keeping him safe from a potential boogey-man hiding under his bed?  :D
w