Author Topic: blind date advise???  (Read 14085 times)

Helena

• Getbig II
  • Hand Basket
Re: blind date advise???
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2010, 07:16:12 AM »
as a guy.....i am telling you now i am not a minority.........me and some friends actually discussed this at length the other day...and all parties came to the conclusion that it was way hotter when the women approached us...but we all agreed that it was a case by case basis...and not every encounter could be judged equally......

bench

I brought this up around a mixed group of men and women to see what they'd say

they basically say it depends on the person doing the coming up

and they all agreed having old and or ugly ones you wouldn't want is worse when they come up to you

GB

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2010, 07:23:35 AM »

and they all agreed having old and or ugly ones you wouldn't want is worse when they come up to you

Yes agreed.

newmom

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2010, 07:28:25 AM »
okay I'll bite..what do you do if someone you were not attracted to approaches you

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2010, 07:31:23 AM »
okay I'll bite..what do you do if someone you were not attracted to approaches you
Just say give me your number I'll call you later and get another drink ;D

newmom

« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2010, 07:33:39 AM »
Just say give me your number I'll call you later and get another drink ;D

why the hell would you ask for someone's number when your not attracted to them

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2010, 07:50:21 AM »
why the hell would you ask for someone's number when your not attracted to them
Just to get them off your back, never give them your number just ask for their number, then never call a simple process new. Now we are only talking face to face meetings this doesnt work on the phone or interent it will have to be revised.

newmom

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2010, 07:51:34 AM »
see I don't get it..why play the game what happend to honesty. You can be honest without being rude.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2010, 07:53:49 AM »
see I don't get it..why play the game what happend to honesty. You can be honest without being rude.
I'm not that tough new, I dont like to hurt feelings of people.

newmom

« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2010, 07:55:39 AM »
oh goodness, how is honesty rude. It's rude if you say no way your hideous or the alike. So is it wrong to say I don't think so and perhaps chit chat over a bud select.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2010, 08:00:47 AM »
oh goodness, how is honesty rude. It's rude if you say no way your hideous or the alike. So is it wrong to say I don't think so and perhaps chit chat over a bud select.
Not wrong to be honest but honesty hurts sometimes. So like if this ugly fat chick came up to me somewhere asking me out I would just say give me your number rather than deflating he self image even further get my drift?

newmom

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2010, 08:19:35 AM »
okay so when you dont call isnt that doing the same thing

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2010, 08:23:28 AM »
okay so when you dont call isnt that doing the same thing
Yep but not has brutal.

Helena

• Getbig II
  • Hand Basket
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »
Not wrong to be honest but honesty hurts sometimes. So like if this ugly fat chick came up to me somewhere asking me out I would just say give me your number rather than deflating he self image even further get my drift?

Has it ever happened where an ugly girl has come up to you or a friend and it's became a joke after ?

One of the guys I spoke with said his friends wouldn't stop making fun of him for an Ugly Betty coming on to him and he hates it . She actually keeps trying to flirt when they run into each other and he hasn't been rude to stop her .

So I think unless you are clear with some people they won't leave you alone if you aren't rude about not being interested . Some girls take a few sentences to mean they are liked by the guy .
GB

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2010, 08:50:54 AM »
Has it ever happened where an ugly girl has come up to you or a friend and it's became a joke after ?

One of the guys I spoke with said his friends wouldn't stop making fun if him for an Ugly Betty coming on to him and he hates it . She actually keeps trying to flirt when they run into each other and he hasn't been rude to stop her .

So I think unless you are clear with some people they won't leave you alone if you aren't rude about not being interested . Some girls take a few sentences to mean they are liked by the guy .
Yes, but never made fun of them most cant help with the way they look. I have been stalked before by a ugly fat chick when it gets to that then I have to be mean and honest. I just try to preserve a persons feelings if I can without being mean most of these types are already "down" on themselves, however what suprises me is the guts they have to come on to a attractive guy it could be delusion I dont know.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »

LOL is that really a suprise?

of course its not good when an ugly or old person comes up and hits on you...

Like mom said there is nothing wrong with saying "how are your?" thats basically all we are saying I believe

thing is its nice to be approached by a girl you dont have to jump our bones but being the conversation starter is a refreshing change.

peruke

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2010, 05:03:47 AM »
I am on one right now..and by blind date I mean that I was invited to eat with a friend and his wife, and upon arrival they had a date planned for me with one of her friends...

Should I..
A)leave
B)eat, pay, and leave
C)take my friend into the parking lot and stomp his ass into a puddle

???
Bench

"Have a Seeing Eye Dog Available"!   Sorry I could not resist! ;)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2010, 07:48:16 AM »
I'm not that tough new, I dont like to hurt feelings of people.

I used to work w/a guy who told me that years before he was at a bar and asked a girl to dance.  He said she looked him up and down and made a face and said, "No."

He was still upset about it years later! :(
R

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2010, 09:19:22 AM »
I used to work w/a guy who told me that years before he was at a bar and asked a girl to dance.  He said she looked him up and down and made a face and said, "No."

There go good example.

w8m8

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »

Know what I always think about that kind of stuff ? People sometimes do that crap to show off in front of others and don't give a care about what it makes someone feel like  >:(

I wonder if SHE remembers making him feel that way ?  :(

common sense ain't so common