Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 991113 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #725 on: March 21, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
Typically get reprimmands, suspensions or termination depending on the seriousness.

Reprimand?

You mean like when an officer from a certain police department is caught watching a movie in his patrol car?

Kinda strange considering you claimed you all were soooooo busy that you didn't have time for breaks, lol.

This will go away, with most of you covering his/her a$$.  Like I said, biggest problem with public officials (ALL public officials) is the fact that they don't police themselves.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #726 on: March 22, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Govt to keep info on Americans with no terror ties
Associated Press ^ | March 22, 2012 | EILEEN SULLIVAN
Posted on March 22, 2012 9:48:42 PM EDT by Free ThinkerNY

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. intelligence community will now be able to store information about Americans with no ties to terrorism for up to five years under new Obama administration guidelines.

Until now, the National Counterterrorism Center had to immediately destroy information about Americans that was already stored in other government databases when there were no clear ties to terrorism.

(Excerpt) Read more at hosted.ap.org ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #728 on: March 23, 2012, 06:46:16 AM »
Govt to keep info on Americans with no terror ties

Mar 22, 9:36 PM (ET)

By EILEEN SULLIVAN

WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. intelligence community will now be able to store information about Americans with no ties to terrorism for up to five years under new Obama administration guidelines.

Until now, the National Counterterrorism Center had to immediately destroy information about Americans that was already stored in other government databases when there were no clear ties to terrorism.

Giving the NCTC expanded record-retention authority had been called for by members of Congress who said the intelligence community did not connect strands of intelligence held by multiple agencies leading up to the failed bombing attempt on a Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas 2009.

"Following the failed terrorist attack in December 2009, representatives of the counterterrorism community concluded it is vital for NCTC to be provided with a variety of datasets from various agencies that contain terrorism information," Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said in a statement late Thursday. "The ability to search against these datasets for up to five years on a continuing basis as these updated guidelines permit will enable NCTC to accomplish its mission more practically and effectively."

The new rules replace guidelines issued in 2008 and have privacy advocates concerned about the potential for data-mining information on innocent Americans.

"It is a vast expansion of the government's surveillance authority," Marc Rotenberg, executive director of the Electronic Privacy Information Center, said of the five-year retention period.

The government put in strong safeguards at the NCTC for the data that would be collected on U.S. citizens for intelligence purposes, Rotenberg said. These new guidelines undercut the Federal Privacy Act, he said.

"The fact that this data can be retained for five years on U.S. citizens for whom there's no evidence of criminal conduct is very disturbing," Rotenberg said.

"Total Information Awareness appears to be reconstructing itself," Rotenberg said, referring to the Defense Department's post-9/11 data-mining research program that was killed in 2003 because of privacy concerns.

The Washington Post first reported the new rules Thursday.

The Obama administration said the new rules come with strong safeguards for privacy and civil liberties as well. Before the NCTC may obtain data held by another government agency, there is a high-level review to assure that the data "is likely to contain significant terrorism information," Alexander Joel, the civil liberties protection officer at national intelligence directorate, said in a news release Thursday.

The NCTC was created after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to be the central U.S. organization to analyze and integrate intelligence regarding terrorism.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120323/D9TLT6VG0.html

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #729 on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:01 AM »
Creepy.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #730 on: March 23, 2012, 12:57:07 PM »

Reprimand?

You mean like when an officer from a certain police department is caught watching a movie in his patrol car?

Kinda strange considering you claimed you all were soooooo busy that you didn't have time for breaks, lol.

This will go away, with most of you covering his/her a$$.  Like I said, biggest problem with public officials (ALL public officials) is the fact that they don't police themselves.

Glad you brought it up. During SXSW an event that brings in thousands of people from around the country, officers were placed on 12 hr shifts  in various barricaded street locations on static posts. This officer violated policy by watching a DVD while on duty posted at a barricade. An unprofessional, stupid thing to do and he will likely be suspended for it when all is said and done. They pay us a lot, they expect a lot, and this officer did not meet the Departments expectations nor the publis. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #731 on: March 24, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
I'll bet dollars to donuts that he is not suspended at all.

I will also double your donut that if he is suspended that its for no more than 2 weeks with pay.

Agreed.

2 years from now, after the union lawyer has argued that the cop was never specifically trained on not watching movies in the patrol car (because he/she is theoretically "smart" but not that "smart"), or some other such nonsense...the result will probably be a verbal reprimand. 

Of course, the media will have long since lost any interest.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #732 on: March 25, 2012, 07:51:09 AM »
Warrantless: Police raid wrong house (76 yr old stroke victim)
© Copyright 2012, AuburnPub.com, 25 Dill Street Auburn, NY ^ | Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 3:00 am | Justin Murphy
Posted on March 25, 2012 10:48:03 AM EDT by Behind Liberal Lines

There are few people less likely to sell drugs than Fred Skinner.

The 76-year-old lives alone on Mc Neeley Road in Victory, getting by with help from neighbors. Much of his home has been quietly abandoned because he can’t get up and down the stairs; his son, also named Fred Skinner, said his mind “goes in and out.”

Since suffering a stroke last July, he speaks haltingly, sleeps with an oxygen tank and has a pacemaker in his chest.

Skinner doesn’t hear as well as he used to, but there was no missing the pair of crashes he heard late in the morning on March 13.

The first was at the outside door to his front porch and the second was at the inner door from the porch to his living room. About eight uniformed police officers burst into his kitchen, finding him at the table with a plate of breakfast crumbs.

“I was just setting there at the table,” he said. “They busted in and said, ‘Don’t move,’ so I didn’t move. I didn’t know what to do — I didn’t know why the troopers were running through the house.”

The officers spread out into the basement and second floor then quickly returned. Someone was handcuffing Skinner’s arms behind his back when they looked through the mail on the table and saw his name.

“They said, ‘Is this your name?’” Skinner said. “I said, ‘Yes.’ Then they said, ‘Wrong house.’”

The officers left as quickly as they came, leaving his doorknob on the porch floor and the two doors broken open. The whole incident took five minutes.

Once they left, Skinner called Barbara Bailey, his neighbor across the street. Bailey saw five or six patrol cars at the house next door to Skinner’s and went out to them.

She asked who they were and what they were doing; they told her they were conducting a drug raid from Rochester, she said.

“I said, ‘What about Fred Skinner’s house?’” Bailey said. “And he shrugged like he wasn’t telling me a damn thing.”

No one was home at the other house, either -- Bailey said the man who lives there is often out of town. The officers left without an apology or information about how Skinner might get reimbursed for the damage.

The raid was conducted by the Rochester Police Department and the Finger Lakes Drug Task Force, which is led by the Auburn Police Department and, in this case, also involved the Cayuga County Sheriff’s Office.

No one involved would specify the purpose of the raid or say why the officers broke into the wrong house. No arrests have been made in the original drug case, which is still active.

The Rochester Police Department was the lead agency. Department spokesman Stephen Scott declined to comment but said there is an investigation into the incident.

“We haven’t determined there was a mistake yet; the investigation is still ongoing,” he said.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #733 on: March 25, 2012, 11:58:42 AM »
I'll bet dollars to donuts that he is not suspended at all.

I will also double your donut that if he is suspended that its for no more than 2 weeks with pay.

We don't have an option of suspended with pay. I'll keep you posted

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #734 on: March 25, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
Right to Resist now law in Indiana, cops show how evil they think we are
Posted on March 24, 2012.

Tuesday night Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels signed the Right to Resist bill into law and the policemen of the United States went completely apeshit. There’s really nowhere better to go to write this article than the hangout site for cops called PoliceOne.com. Alot of people I know have changed their opinions of police after reading what the officers say on that page.

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels said Wednesday that he shares police groups’ concerns that some people might misinterpret a new law that lays out when residents could be legally justified in using force against police officers.

Daniels said he thought carefully before signing the bill Tuesday night. The legislation was passed by strong majorities in the House and Senate in response to public uproar after the state Supreme Court ruled last year that residents couldn”t resist officers even during an illegal entry.

Obviously Mitch wants to please both sides in this debate, but let’s just take a look at what the police are saying.

http://www.copblock.org/14397/right-to-resist-now-law-in-indiana-cops-show-how-evil-they-think-we-are

good law.    I am glad he signed this into law.   Hopefully more states will follow. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #735 on: March 25, 2012, 12:14:05 PM »
Right to Resist now law in Indiana, cops show how evil they think we are
Posted on March 24, 2012.

Tuesday night Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels signed the Right to Resist bill into law and the policemen of the United States went completely apeshit. There’s really nowhere better to go to write this article than the hangout site for cops called PoliceOne.com. Alot of people I know have changed their opinions of police after reading what the officers say on that page.

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels said Wednesday that he shares police groups’ concerns that some people might misinterpret a new law that lays out when residents could be legally justified in using force against police officers.

Daniels said he thought carefully before signing the bill Tuesday night. The legislation was passed by strong majorities in the House and Senate in response to public uproar after the state Supreme Court ruled last year that residents couldn”t resist officers even during an illegal entry.

Obviously Mitch wants to please both sides in this debate, but let’s just take a look at what the police are saying.

http://www.copblock.org/14397/right-to-resist-now-law-in-indiana-cops-show-how-evil-they-think-we-are

good law.    I am glad he signed this into law.   Hopefully more states will follow. 

Good law if the public is educated on what it means. Potentially dangerous if not..

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #736 on: March 25, 2012, 12:21:52 PM »
Good law if the public is educated on what it means. Potentially dangerous if not..
Agree here...
Some dumbass thinks the cops are doing something illegal may wind up getting himself shot misinterperting this law...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #737 on: March 26, 2012, 06:09:23 AM »
Great law... Remember... You hold your power at the behest of the people... Not at your whim.

Police need to understand that they are there at the desire of citizens, they are not special.
I agree here, what Im concerned about is police entering lawfully and some punk deciding to shoot their ass because he thinks theyre there illegally. I think for this to work, theyre going to have to end Police's forced entry without knocking. (Which I think should happen anyway, way to many innocents get shot when they hear their door being broken down and they reach for a gun thinking theyre being invaded).

I really dont agree with the police being able to kick in your door. Way to many respond by grabbing their gun, in which case the police have to shoot him for being armed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #738 on: March 26, 2012, 06:15:44 AM »
 :D. That poor bastard in utah w the golf club comes to mind who thought his house was being broken in to.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #739 on: March 26, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #741 on: March 29, 2012, 06:21:24 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/welcome-to-the-united-states-of-orwell-part-2-law-abiding-taxpayers-are-treated-as-criminals-while-the-real-criminals-go-free-2012-3

Wow.   Read this shit!!!!    and people wonder why I pray for the govt to collapse and all govt workers left penniless? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #742 on: March 29, 2012, 06:33:13 PM »
This has happened to me before.

As I work in CA a lot, and my company is headquartered there, I am forced to pay CA and VA state taxes and the California Franchise Tax board HAS done this to me in the past even though I DO NOT LIVE THERE.

It's a ####... and it is NOT a lie.

I had my accounts frozen by those fuckers in 2008 for the EXACT same reason.

This is why I actually am praying for a total collapse so that all of these govt workers will get axed.   Sure it willbe messy and bunch of people will get hurt, but shit like this is so beyond anything acceptable it's not even debatable anymore.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #743 on: March 29, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »

As I work in CA a lot, and my company is headquartered there, I am forced to pay CA and VA state taxes and the California Franchise Tax board HAS done this to me in the past even though I DO NOT LIVE THERE.

You gotta be kidding me.
So they figure if you move away theyre still entitled to your money, if you dont file a return to a state you havent lived/worked in?
What horseshit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #744 on: March 29, 2012, 08:44:24 PM »
Yep. It's a ####.

Hey - STFU!!!   Those brave valiant cops and firefighter ands clerks in the DMV need their sick days and accrued vacation payed for!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #745 on: March 30, 2012, 06:38:04 AM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/welcome-to-the-united-states-of-orwell-part-2-law-abiding-taxpayers-are-treated-as-criminals-while-the-real-criminals-go-free-2012-3

Wow.   Read this shit!!!!    and people wonder why I pray for the govt to collapse and all govt workers left penniless? 

No, I pretty much figure you have serious mental issues  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #746 on: March 30, 2012, 06:40:27 AM »
No, I pretty much figure you have serious mental issues  ;)

Yeah whatever - the public at large is coming more and more to my view that most government workers, not all are nothing but thieves, locusts, and criminals. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #747 on: March 30, 2012, 09:39:56 AM »
Yeah whatever - the public at large is coming more and more to my view that most government workers, not all are nothing but thieves, locusts, and criminals. 

Yes, I'd say about 2% are... I'm being generous

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #748 on: March 31, 2012, 07:09:12 AM »
You may actually have a learning disability if you seriously believe that.

Govt workers live in an isolated bubble and only talk to each other by and large.   They convince each other how valuable they are and hoe they deserve to plunder the taxpayers. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #749 on: March 31, 2012, 07:39:01 AM »

::)

Fucking &^%^* in Cali