Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 990875 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #1800 on: September 29, 2014, 08:13:43 AM »
http://www.naplesnews.com/happening-now/ave-maria-students-allege-misconduct-against-deputies-outside-bar?autoplay=true

Naples, Florida. 

Police dragging a drunk girl around, dropping her on concrete.  Okay, fair enough. 

Kid tries crossing street.  Cop yells at him.  Then cop points and says go.  Kid turns around and the cop gives him a nice shove just to get him moving faster lol.    Kid puts his hands up in the universal surrender position and doesn't move, at which point the cop shoves him and attempts a takedown.

The kid, who hasn't broken any law, puts his hands up near cop's chest to maintain his balance so as not to fall.  He doesn't want to go down, and he didn't do anything wrong.  So within 5 seconds, he's getting his ass kicked by 6 cops lol. 

Video of this part is right at the end.  Cop clearly shoves the kid for no reason. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1801 on: October 01, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »

Former NYPD cop from Yorktown charged in disability fraud

Jonathan Bandler, jbandler@lohud.com 1:01 p.m. EDT October 1, 2014

1392832286009-PoliceBeatBuy Photo

(Photo: Photo: Chris Brown/The Journal News)

CONNECT

TWEET

LINKEDIN

COMMENT

EMAIL

MORE

A retired New York City police officer from Yorktown was arrested Wednesday on federal charges that he bilked Social Security out of more than $300,000 in disability benefits while working over the past decade as director of security for Tourneau, the luxury watchmaker.

James Carson, 50, was not supposed to be working while collecting disability after claiming a debilitating back injury that forced him to retire in 1991. But investigators found he was employed at Tourneau since at least 2004. He even won a prestigious award from the National Retail Federation four years ago for his work investigating credit card schemes targeting the company.

Carson was taken into custody at his home and is expected to appear in federal court in Manhattan in the afternoon.

"Not only did James Carson allegedly tell a series of lies to pocket disability benefits to which he was not entitled, but he then took sophisticated steps to conceal his fradulently obtained income from the Social Security Administration," U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement.

Since 1990, he collected more than $650,000 in Social Security benefits – including at least $306,431 while working as Tourneau's director of security, officials charge.

In April, Carson was interviewed at the Social Security Administration regarding his continued receipt of benefits. He showed up limping with a cane and claimed that he had not worked since 1995 because of his back pain. On various forms he indicated that he had no other income since his disability began; relies on his wife to drive him places because he can't drive due to the pain; and uses a cane at all times.

Asked about places he goes on a regular basis, Carson replied "I don't really go anywhere on a regular basis."

But a month earlier, Special Agent Peter Dowd, an investigator with the SSA's Office of the Inspector General, had observed Carson drive away from the parking garage at Tourneau's Long Island City office. Later in the spring, Dowd regularly tracked Carson driving between his home and the office, and on one occasion saw him enter the garage from a stairway, "walking without apparent difficulty and without a cane," get into his car and drive away.

Authorities said Carson tried to hide his income from the company by having Tourneau pay his salary to a corporation that was associated with a relative. The corporation then gave the money to the relative as wages.

Edward Ryan, Special Agent in Charge of the Office of the Inspector General, said the Social Security Disability Insurance Trust Fund was meant to provide "a safety net for the truly disabled, not (line) the pockets of scammers and thieves." He said it was "particularly troubling" that an ex-law enforcement officer would commit such a crime, especially when he was "already receiving (a) generous tax-payer financed pension."

Carson was charged with theft of government property, making false statements and failing to report income and faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

His lawyer, Kevin Kearon, declined comment.

Twitter: @jonbandler

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1802 on: October 01, 2014, 07:41:12 PM »
Iowa Troopers Steal $100,000 in Poker Winnings From Two Players Driving Through the State:

"The Des Moines Register highlights an Iowa forfeiture case, the subject of a federal lawsuit filed this week, in which state troopers took $100,000 in winnings from two California poker players traveling through the state on their way back from a World Series of Poker event in Joliet, Illinois."

http://reason.com/blog/2014/10/01/iowa-troopers-steal-100000-in-poker-winn?n_play=542ca353e4b0feab13854f06

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1803 on: October 03, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »
Iowa Troopers Steal $100,000 in Poker Winnings From Two Players Driving Through the State:

"The Des Moines Register highlights an Iowa forfeiture case, the subject of a federal lawsuit filed this week, in which state troopers took $100,000 in winnings from two California poker players traveling through the state on their way back from a World Series of Poker event in Joliet, Illinois."

http://reason.com/blog/2014/10/01/iowa-troopers-steal-100000-in-poker-winn?n_play=542ca353e4b0feab13854f06

All these civil asset forfeiture cases are infuriating. Quite often these forfeitures are purely to fund the expenses and the bonuses of some corrupt officials in small town USA.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1804 on: October 03, 2014, 11:50:35 AM »
Involuntary manslaughter charge dismissed in cop shooting of 7 year old Aiyana Stanley-Jones

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2014/10/03/weekley-trial-aiyana-stanley-jones/16636179/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1805 on: October 03, 2014, 11:54:23 AM »
Cops kill 59 year old grandfather in no-knock raid triggered by burglary suspect’s tip

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/dublin/2014/10/01/warrant-meth-raid-led-to-fatal-laurens-shooting/16538903/

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1806 on: October 03, 2014, 08:44:36 PM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1807 on: October 03, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »
Man files lawsuit for being wrongly jailed and forcibly injected with psychotropic medications for a year

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-files-lawsuit-being-wrongly-jailed-year/nhbpz/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1808 on: October 03, 2014, 09:00:10 PM »
The cops did not submit the video as evidence (they did not even mention it in their reports)... Wonder why?

State Attorney investigates OPD officer after bodycam video of alleged beating surfaces

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/state-attorney-investigates-opd-officer-after-body/nhbmQ/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1809 on: October 06, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
At
Least ID themselves before they start kicking the doors in, i thought it was mandatory to announce that they were police at the commencement of the raid for this exact reason?

No knock entry means that up to the point of the door being breached there is no announcement of police presence. But usually as the door is being breached the officers begin yelling Police Department or some variation as they begin entering.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1810 on: October 06, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »
This is outrageous. It's a long read but to sum it up:

teen and a friend are accused by someone that they stole a backpack that night
police question them
accuser changes story, says the attack happened 2 weeks before
teen and friend get taken to holding cell, then court
friend is freed, teen in jail due to probation
trial continuously postponed by prosecutors
after 3 years in jail and a judge trying to get him to admit guilt as part of plea, teen goes on trial
prosecutors say they have no case because the accuser has gone back to Mexico

Three years on Rikers without trial

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/06/law-3

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1811 on: October 06, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »
This is outrageous. It's a long read but to sum it up:

teen and a friend are accused by someone that they stole a backpack that night
police question them
accuser changes story, says the attack happened 2 weeks before
teen and friend get taken to holding cell, then court
friend is freed, teen in jail due to probation
trial continuously postponed by prosecutors
after 3 years in jail and a judge trying to get him to admit guilt as part of plea, teen goes on trial
prosecutors say they have no case because the accuser has gone back to Mexico

Three years on Rikers without trial

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/06/law-3

it is outrageous. When people cease to be real people to prosecutors, the police, the judges, then it's time to find a new career.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1814 on: October 08, 2014, 03:50:29 PM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1815 on: October 11, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
Until they start holding the cops personally accountable and not just sending the taxpayers the bill, nothing will change.

The NYPD paid over $428 million in settlements over the last five years

An average of $33,875 per closed lawsuit, with a high of $11 million

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2014/oct/10/nypd-paid-over-428-million-settlements-over-last-f/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1816 on: October 11, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »
Good thing the driver remained firm in his replies and declined to have the car searched.

Iowa Cop Demands To Search Car Because ‘Everybody That Plays Frisbee Golf Smokes Weed’

http://www.inquisitr.com/1533220/iowa-cop-demands-to-search-car-because-everybody-that-plays-frisbee-golf-smokes-weed/

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1817 on: October 11, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »
Good thing the driver remained firm in his replies and declined to have the car searched.

Iowa Cop Demands To Search Car Because ‘Everybody That Plays Frisbee Golf Smokes Weed’

http://www.inquisitr.com/1533220/iowa-cop-demands-to-search-car-because-everybody-that-plays-frisbee-golf-smokes-weed/

That's a pretty fucking egregious conversation, especially when the cop turns a "I'm not going to answer that" into a "You already admitted you smoke weed."

Props to the driver for holding firm, but he answered way more than he should have. How this should have gone down:

“OK. I need you to answer me a question. Why is it that everybody that plays Frisbee golf smokes weed?”
“Am I being detained or am I free to go?”
“You wouldn't have a problem with me looking through your car?”
“I do not consent to any searches. Am I being detained or am I free to go?”

If the cop says that he's being detained, he shuts up.
If the cop says that he's not being detained, then he leaves.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1818 on: October 14, 2014, 01:32:33 AM »
Of course the ranger is still employed as she “acted within agency policy and her training.”

This part from the Court's opinion is particularly interesting when referring to Hunter Bailey, National Park Service deputy chief of law enforcement:

The Court fails to see how Bailey could competently opine on whether an NPS officer’s use of a taser was “legally justified” when he is unaware of what the law justifies.
Nor could he competently say whether an individual was “actively resisting” since he has no knowledge of what that term means in the Ninth Circuit.
Thus, contrary to Bailey’s belief, he has no basis to assert whether any NPS officer’s use of a taser in the Ninth Circuit (Cavallaro’s included) complied with DOI and NPS policy.

Judge: Park Ranger’s Tasering of Dog Walker Was Unlawful

http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2014/10/12/federal-judge-rules-park-rangers-taser-use-on-dog-walker-was-unlawful/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1819 on: October 14, 2014, 04:59:10 AM »
Lee County sheriffs beat up a guy who was resisting arrest, drunk.  I'm totally cool with that.  Whoop his ass... drunk driver that's resisting, I get it. 

What I dislike greatly - is that they claimed he was grabbing the cop's gun.  They dislocated his jaw, hit him exactly7 times in the face.  After he was on the ground.  7 punches.  

Well, video comes out, as they had home surveillance the cops didn't know about... and suddenly we see he's on the ground the whole time, never went near their gun.  Was he resisting?  YES.  Does that warrant an ass whooping?  Sure.  But why fudge that one detail?  Why add "oh, he was planning gun theft, police murder" onto the charges?

Cops completely shred their credibility when they add details like that.  Exaggeration.  It takes away all of their credibility. And guess what?  The state saw the video and decided NOT to charge the guy.  Weird that "trying to steal a cop's gun" doesn't land a dude in prison lol... but the video showed that was an obvious lie.

Now the sheriff is defending his cops, after public outrage.   Family isn't just shutting up, they're demanding the cop leave the force.  Seems the one cop did all of the punching... 7 punches to the face of a man on the ground, after being tazed twice... maybe overboard, hey, it's the heat of the moment.  But that ONE LIE - "he went for my gun"... that's the big problem here.   And the violent drunk WILL NOT be charged.  

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2014-10-13/Sheriff-Scott-responds-to-allegations-of-excessive-force

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1820 on: October 14, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »
Lee County sheriffs beat up a guy who was resisting arrest, drunk.  I'm totally cool with that.  Whoop his ass... drunk driver that's resisting, I get it. 

What I dislike greatly - is that they claimed he was grabbing the cop's gun.  They dislocated his jaw, hit him exactly7 times in the face.  After he was on the ground.  7 punches.  

Well, video comes out, as they had home surveillance the cops didn't know about... and suddenly we see he's on the ground the whole time, never went near their gun.  Was he resisting?  YES.  Does that warrant an ass whooping?  Sure.  But why fudge that one detail?  Why add "oh, he was planning gun theft, police murder" onto the charges?

Cops completely shred their credibility when they add details like that.  Exaggeration.  It takes away all of their credibility. And guess what?  The state saw the video and decided NOT to charge the guy.  Weird that "trying to steal a cop's gun" doesn't land a dude in prison lol... but the video showed that was an obvious lie.

Now the sheriff is defending his cops, after public outrage.   Family isn't just shutting up, they're demanding the cop leave the force.  Seems the one cop did all of the punching... 7 punches to the face of a man on the ground, after being tazed twice... maybe overboard, hey, it's the heat of the moment.  But that ONE LIE - "he went for my gun"... that's the big problem here.   And the violent drunk WILL NOT be charged.  

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2014-10-13/Sheriff-Scott-responds-to-allegations-of-excessive-force

I can hardly see anything with the video. I certainly couldn't say there was not a grab for a gun.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1821 on: October 14, 2014, 01:57:36 PM »
I can hardly see anything with the video. I certainly couldn't say there was not a grab for a gun.

We both know that "reaching for my gun" is the same as "kept resisting". It's what cops say to justify anything and if someone challenges them, they say things like "heat of the moment" and "you weren't there" and mention Monday-morning quarterbacking while crying about officer safety.

Cops are aggressive and contemptuous of the public, especially if they perceive the public as challenging their authority.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1822 on: October 16, 2014, 08:26:21 AM »
We both know that "reaching for my gun" is the same as "kept resisting". It's what cops say to justify anything and if someone challenges them, they say things like "heat of the moment" and "you weren't there" and mention Monday-morning quarterbacking while crying about officer safety.

Cops are aggressive and contemptuous of the public, especially if they perceive the public as challenging their authority.

I think we both should also know that people do reach for cops guns. Had mine grabbed at a few times. So it isn't so off the wall unlikely to discount "just because". Maybe there is better video versions out there.. I'm just saying the video that I saw, I couldn't say it did or didn't happen. I couldn't see much of anything     

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1823 on: October 16, 2014, 09:52:56 AM »
I think we both should also know that people do reach for cops guns. Had mine grabbed at a few times. So it isn't so off the wall unlikely to discount "just because". Maybe there is better video versions out there.. I'm just saying the video that I saw, I couldn't say it did or didn't happen. I couldn't see much of anything     
therein lies the problem.... they can just say 'he was reaching for my gun', and any behavior is suddenly OK as long as there isnt clear proof to the contrary. Thats a dangerous thing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1824 on: October 16, 2014, 01:27:17 PM »