Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 990978 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #3300 on: February 05, 2017, 03:14:13 PM »
I'm telling you, there will be a day when attacking cops and police stations will be the norm.

These pigs have no common sense.

gothorium

« Reply #3301 on: February 06, 2017, 09:18:35 AM »
privatize police
end pensions they were not earned
no pay increase due to inflation
pay far far less
encourage citizens to comply or be shot in back if run
everythign should be police and academic
recording 100% ok
cosp shoudl eb drug tested so not on roids and roid raging
a bad cop should not be abel to work again
cops not tax payer liabel for recompense fo crazy behavior
no more jewbag lawyer suign for stupid shit
no more talk of race or sex

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #3302 on: February 06, 2017, 12:22:03 PM »
I'm telling you, there will be a day when attacking cops and police stations will be the norm.

These pigs have no common sense.

Not that I am for that happening-- you are likely correct.
Unless there is some Drastic changes in the way they Behave
& them walking away from there terrible deads.

There is clearly a lot of them out of control on a power trip & seamimgly
Being backed up by their bosses.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #3303 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:55 AM »
Nurse Calls 911 for Help, Police Show Up, Beat & Arrest Her In Front of Her Child

Buffalo, NY — When Christine Townsend, a registered nurse in Buffalo, found her neighbor’s pit bulls jumping at her windows and doors, frightening her dog and her 9-year-old daughter, she called 9-1-1 for help. However, when police finally showed up, more than an hour later, after multiple calls, they did anything but help her.

Because of the harassment, threats, and eventual brutality and deprivation of rights Townsend experienced at the hands of police that night, she has since filed a lawsuit against the City of Buffalo, the Buffalo Police Department, Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda and two Police Officers, Mark Vara and Kelly Craig, for violating her civil rights under 42 U.S.C § 1983, known as ‘Section 1983’.

The 9-1-1 calls that Townsend made that night, she now regrets as she was the one who ended up in jail. On May 9, 2014, Townsend called police for help because two pit bulls, known to cause trouble in her neighborhood, were tearing into her front door and windows.

However, after the first call to 9-1-1, police never showed.

A little frustrated that police never showed up, and worried that one of the pit bulls was about to break through her window, Townsend called 9-1-1 again. This time, as the pit bulls continued to prowl her front porch, Townsend saw a police officer drive by — but fail to stop.

Townsend, now upset that police would drive by and do nothing, called dispatch once again told them that she may need to report the officer who did not stop to a supervisor. It was after she threatened to file a complaint that police finally showed up but refused to get out of their cruiser, according to the lawsuit.

Townsend said Officers Mark Vara and Kelly Craig were yelling at her at the same time and she was yelling back.

Vara asked her, “If we shot the dogs would that make you happy?”

According to the lawsuit, yelling and swearing was rife all around with officer Craig repeating herself, “Where do the dogs live?  Where do the dogs live?”
“Three doors down,” Townsend said.

Craig then said, “Come out and show me.”

As Townsend walked out to the sidewalk and pointed to the house, Vara berated her according to the lawsuit. “Go back in the house and shut the door and mind your own ‘fucking business,’” he shouted.

At this point, neighbors had come out after thinking a domestic incident was unfolded. However, when they walked out of their homes, they saw Buffalo police officer Vara stalking Townsend back into her home.
When Townsend asked for Vara’s name, Vara lunged and opened the door, grabbed Townsend’s left arm, pulling her out onto her porch. He turned her around, pushed her against the house, pulled her arms behind her back and handcuffed her, according to the lawsuit, as reported by Art Voice.

Townsend’s neighbor Wilfredo Pena watched as the situation went from bad to worse.

Pena said, “[Townsend’s] daughter starts yelling and crying and he actually pulled her and yanked her out of the house… The door to the house was open.  The screen door was like she’s like holding it from inside her house.  That’s when he grabbed her… she’s saying ‘my daughter, my daughter,’ because he’s pulling. As soon as I get to the porch he’s grabbing her and pulling her.  She was going back, he’s going forward. And he eventually stronger, he pulled her out of the house.”

According to the lawsuit, Vara then yanked Townsend down the stairs of her porch, causing her to fall head first onto the ground.

The entire time, Townsend is deathly afraid of being separated from her daughter. “My daughter! my daughter!” Townsend cried.

According to the suit, Vara denies being rough and instead says Townsend was being uncooperative.

Pena, who was watching said, “He’s pulling her, he’s dragging her… She’s like resisting to come down, he’s pulling her, she falls. She’s just trying to stay with her daughter.  She was saying ‘my daughter’, because she didn’t have no one.  He’s pulling her, she’s trying to go back, ‘my daughter, my daughter.’  She’s – ‘I got no one there.’  She comes and goes down the steps.”

This time, Townsend was thrown to the ground with such force that she was injured.

“It was the left side of my body.  My leg… the left knee because that’s where I felt pain on the left side of my body,” Townsend recalled to Art Voice. “My ankle had a lot of pain at that point.  It felt like it had twisted, like it had rotated some unnatural motion into that leg, but the fall to the ground was so fast.  I don’t really know certainly what position I landed but I do recall I landed forward.”

Vara claims that Townsend fell and that he did not push her.

Townsend’s attorney, Matt Albert, asked Vara in a deposition “It’s your testimony that my client threw herself onto the ground?”

To which Vara replied, “That’s exactly what I’m saying.”

However, yet another witness, Patricia Barclay, who also watched the events unfold described the same thing as Pena.
“I saw as I was going across the street the police officers pulling her down the stairs… It was all very quick.  She — basically, he pulled her down the porch,” Barclay said. “By the time I got there she was on the ground and I asked what was going on.  They said they were there because for the dogs. Chris [Townsend] was worried about her daughter.

“When she was telling me that Cassandra was in the house, said — she was like ‘my daughter’s in the house,’ [Ofc. Vara] said ‘you should have thought about that, shut the fuck up.”
Vara and Craig then dragged Townsend and put her in the car.

Barclay recalls, “They put her in the car and closed the door so I couldn’t talk to her. I spoke to the male officer [Vara].  I asked him what was going on, and he said it was about that they had gotten a phone call about the dogs.  And I believe I said, ‘Well, then why is Chris in trouble?’  And he said she had sworn at them.  He wanted identification for Chris, and Cassandra got the wallet for him and I asked him if this was really all necessary.  I said she’s a good person, she’s an RN.  He said ‘Well, then she must be on drugs then the way she acted.’  I said ‘Well, that’s not true.’

“And then he got her identification. He was about to leave and I said ‘Could I follow you down there and bail her out.’  And he said no, she would have to spend the night.”

Instead of taking Townsend to jail, however, the officers drove her to the parking lot of Tim Hortons and began yelling at her demanding to know why she would try to get them in trouble, according to the lawsuit.
“Without us, your daughter, mother, and you would be victims of gang rape,” the officers said.

At this point, Townsend began to fear for her safety and quieted down. She was brought to jail where Vara and Craig would stack up a long list of bogus charges against her including disorderly conduct, as well as resisting arrest and obstruction of governmental administration.

However, all of the charges would quickly be dropped in the days following the arrest.

Townsend, who has never been involved with police before in her life is now taking legal action to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

The lawsuit alleges unlawful seizure, unlawful arrest, unlawful imprisonment, trespass, excessive force, battery, slander, malicious prosecution, negligence, and intentional infliction of emotional distress arising from events that began at Townsend’s residence on May 9th, 2014 which she alleges violated her constitutional rights as established in the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments.

“This failure of the Department to adequately train its officers resulted in the Defendants’ actions that caused the Plaintiff harm, and will result in more unnecessary brutality unless corrective measures are taken by the City of Buffalo Police Department,” said Albert.

“Such arrest and prosecution was done without probable cause, where circumstances ended in favor of the complainant, and the circumstances in their totality, as set forth in this complaint, clearly are indicative of malice and bad faith undertaken by Defendants Vara and Craig, as would be found by any reasonable person viewing these facts objectively.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nurse-calls-911-police-beat-arrest/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3304 on: February 07, 2017, 10:51:13 AM »
Rights And Reality: Georgia Cop Jails Ex-Wife For Facebook Gripe
FEBRUARY 6, 2017 By Ken White

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make sound? If a right goes unrecognized and defied by the people charged with enforcing it, is it a right at all?

It's not always a philosophical question.

Anne King of Washington County, Georgia griped on Facebook that her ex-husband, Corey King, wouldn't go pick up some medicine for their sick child.

One of Ms. King's friends, Susan Hines, responded "POS — give me an hour and check your mailbox. I'll be GLAD to pick up the slack."

Anne King probably believed she had the perfect right to do that — or perhaps, privileged as she is to live in a country with broad free speech rights, she didn't think about it at all. She unquestionably had the legal right. But did she have a right that anyone in Washington County, Georgia was bound to respect? That question isn't as easily answered. That's because I've left out a crucial piece of information: Anne King's ex-husband is not just Corey King. He's Captain Corey King of the Washington County Sheriff's Department. And when it comes to American law enforcement, your right to free speech is more theoretical than actual.

In her federal lawsuit, Anne King contends that her husband, a friend in the Sheriff's Department, and a county "magistrate" put her in jail for her Facebook comment. According to her, Captain King filed a police report with his friend, Washington County Sheriff's Investigator Trey Burgamy. Washington County magistrate Ralph O. Todd — who is not a lawyer, and who ran unopposed last year — issued a warrant requiring Anne King and Susan Hines (who had responded on Facebook by suggesting Captain King is a "POS") to appear at a hearing. After a hearing at which Captain King was the only witness, Magistrate Todd caused a warrant to issue charging Anne King with criminal defamation: "SUBJECT DID, WITHOUT A PRIVILEGE TO DO SO AND WITH INTENT TO DEFAME ANOTHER, COMMUNICATE FALSE MATTER WHICH TENDS TO EXPOSE ONE WHO IS ALIVE TO HATRED, CONTEMPT, OR RIDICULE, AND WHICH TENDS TO PROVOKE A BREACH OF THE PEACE, SPECIFICALLY, SUBJECT DID MAKE DEROGATORY AND DEGRADING COMMENTS DIRECTLY AT AND ABOUT COREY KING, FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING A BREACH OF THE PEACE. Anne King also contends that Magistrate Todd threatened to "ban her from Facebook." King claims that Magistrate Todd undertook to explain his view of First Amendment law to the two women:

Hines asked the magistrate about her First Amendment rights. "You can call Mr. King a piece of shit to his face," the magistrate said. "You can even tell someone else you think he is a piece of shit. But you can't post it out for the public to see. That's defamation of character."

Of course that's not the law. Calling someone a piece of shit is a hyperbolic insult, not a provable statement of fact, and therefore can't be defamatory. In fact, directing it to someone's face is one of the few times it could possibly be illegal — such an insult, directed face to face to the person, is a rare possible example of "fighting words" that might be punished as a breach of the peace. (Amusingly, some courts would say such an insult cannot be fighting words if directed to Captain King because Captain King is a police officer and we presume police officers will not react violently to insults. That is the difference between a presumption and a fact.)

The warrant ordered by "Magistrate" Todd charged King for something that, on its face, is not and cannot be a crime. Georgia used to have a criminal defamation statute, and it appears that Magistrate Todd was trying to track its language. But the Georgia Supreme Court found the statute unconstitutional in 1982, and Georgia took the dead-letter law off the books in 2015. Even if the statute survived, Anne King's Facebook post could not constitutionally be prosecuted under it. This was a lawless charge. This is not a close call.

At the end of the hearing, sheriff's deputies arrested Ms. King and Ms. Hines. Ms. Hines was allowed to drive herself to jail, but deputies handcuffed Ms. King and transported her to jail. At the County Jail — of which, by the way, Captain King is the Commander — the women were fingerprinted and booked. The deputies struggled in vain to find a provision of the Georgia criminal code in their system to describe the arrest; there was none. Ms. King bonded out after about four hours. A few days later, Ms. King returned to court before — and I use this disparaging term very deliberately — a real judge. "I don't even know why we're here," that judge said before the state attorney dismissed the charge. Ms. King has not been formally charged or arrested again — though Captain King has told her "don't make the mistake of going to Facebook with your little shit you found to fuss about" and has suggested she could face "willful contempt" if she does so.

Anne King has sued Captain King, Investigator Burgamy, and Washington County for civil rights violations and various state torts. She can't sue "Magistrate" Ralph Todd because, despite the fact he's not a lawyer, he's cloaked by absolute judicial immunity. The statements above are merely her contentions. Moreover, the law governing suing state actors in federal court is complex, and the defendants will have many defenses to liability.

Anne King's story is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a rare one. Particularly with the rise of social media, law enforcement officers across the country have been abusing the legal system to retaliate against insults: from the police supporting Jim Ardis' petty and petulant revenge in Peoria, the Renton PD investigated satirical videos, and the Parma PD prosecuted a man through trial for a satirical account.

Anne King has First Amendment rights, in theory. Their nature and extent are well defined by the courts. It's straightforward to respect them. But what does it mean to say she has those rights? In Washington County, Georgia — population approximately 21,000 — with a hostile ex-husband a Captain of the Sheriff's Department, and with Ralph Todd as a magistrate, does she really have them in any meaningful way? What is a right, when the state defies it?

https://www.popehat.com/2017/02/06/rights-and-reality-georgia-cop-jails-ex-wife-for-facebook-gripe/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3305 on: February 07, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »
Mom Forced to Give Birth to Baby On Jail Cell Floor Over an Unpaid Traffic Ticket

Macomb County, MI — In Police State USA, a minor traffic violation can land you in a dangerous and, as in the case of Sandra Bland, deadly position. A Detroit mother just learned the hard way how far the police state will go to punish and extract revenue from its citizens — as she was forced to give birth to her baby on the disgusting floor of a Macomb County Jail cell.

Jessica Preston was not wanted for murder, or for human trafficking, or for any act in which there was an actual victim, when she was kidnapped by police while 8-months pregnant and thrown in a cage.
What did Preston do to be kidnapped by armed agents of the state and be locked away, you ask? She was unable to afford the fines levied against her by the state for driving infractions, so her license was suspended. When she was ‘caught’ driving with a suspended license — her first offense — Preston was locked in a cage.

Unable to pay her ridiculously high bail of $10,000, Preston, who was beginning to go into labor, was forced to rot in a cage for 5 days before she’d get a court date. However, she wouldn’t make it to day five.
While in a cell for being financially unable to pay the state for her privilege to drive, Preston went into labor — a month early.

Once Preston realized she was going into labor, she begged officers for help. Every time she cried for help, however, those calls would fall on deaf ears.

“They didn’t believe her,” Linda Preston, Jessica’s mother said. “They just left her (to) lay there. They didn’t care. They just kept saying she wasn’t having the baby, and I don’t know how anybody could say when she was bleeding, ‘You’re not having a baby,’ and that they didn’t send her to the hospital. Who makes that call?

Eventually, Preston could no longer prevent her labor and began birthing her baby boy, Elijha, on a mat that laid on the floor of the dirty cell. This disgusting mistreatment of Jessica Preston was captured on the jail’s surveillance video.

Elijha’s father, Thomas Chastain, says he is upset that he missed the birth of his son.

“I didn’t get to cut the cord,” Chastain said. “(I) didn’t get to hold him.”

Not only did Chastain not get to see the birth of his son, but officers and jail staff put both Preston and Elijha’s lives at risk by failing to take any medical precautions — even after the baby was born. Preston’s first baby was born via an emergency cesarean section. For Preston’s safety, her son Elijha was going to be born via a cesarean section, too. But since the birth happened behind bars, that didn’t happen, and he was born prematurely.

“You can’t do that to a human being,” Tina Chastain, Thomas’ mother said. “You can’t. It’s not right. It’s inhumane. How’s it going to affect them to grow up to be an adult, knowing that (he) was born on the floor of a jail cell and wrapped up in a dirty sheet?”

Well, the answer to that question is easy — especially when we consider the history of this jail.

As the Free Thought Project reported last November, this jail has an ominous track record. When she was thrown in jail, just like Preston, 37-year-old Jennifer Meyers hadn’t physically hurt anyone. Meyers had fallen behind on her child support payments and instead of allowing this mother to keep working to actually help her children, a judge threw her in a cage for 30 days. She would only last 12 of those days.

The investigation into the death of Meyers has uncovered disturbing details and exposes, at best, criminal negligence, and, at worst, deliberate torture.

But Meyers and Preston aren’t the only recent victims of officers in the Macomb County Jail. When David Stojcevski, 32, was given a ticket for careless driving in 2014, he never expected it to be a death sentence. However, thanks to modern-day debtor’s prisons in police state USA, a traffic ticket did, in fact, lead to the death of this man.

After the state disapproved of Stojcevski’s driving, they subsequently levied a $772.00 fine against him. Unable to meet the extortion demands of the Macomb County Police, Stojcevski was kidnapped and locked in a cage for failure to pay his debt to the state.

He was sentenced to 30 days. He would only last 17.

During those 17 days, Stojcevski would dwindle away. Under the grim neon lights of a prison cell, Stojcevski would lose a quarter of his body weight as he broke down due to unchecked benzodiazepine withdrawal. Guards watched on surveillance video as Stojcevski died a slow and agonizing death — offering him no help at all.

When asked about the two recent deaths and a mother forced to give birth to her son on the floor of a jail cell, Sheriff Tony Wickersham, who is in charge of the Macomb County Jail, had these encouraging words.
“We have not identified any prosecutable violations of federal criminal law, therefore our investigation is closed,” Wickersham said.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/mom-give-birth-jail-cell-ticket/

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defenders/woman-describes-being-forced-to-give-birth-on-filthy-cell-floor-at-macomb-county-jail

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3306 on: February 08, 2017, 02:00:58 PM »
These violent criminals and their dog should be boiled alive.

Cops Mistake 81yo Grandma in Her Backyard for a ‘Suspect’ Have K9 Maul Her

Coon Rapids, MN — An 81-year-old grandma was hospitalized this week after she was attacked by a police K9 while cleaning her shed in her own backyard. Police are now claiming that they ‘acted appropriately’ when they unleashed their dog on this innocent woman.

Choua Xiong got up early Sunday morning to clean out her shed in her backyard. She had done nothing wrong and posed no threat, when police, looking for a ‘suspect’, entered her backyard without a warrant and unleashed their K9 on her.

According to police, a neighbor called 9-1-1 after she saw a suspicious person in a black coat in her backyard. The caller said she heard a loud noise outside but couldn’t tell where it came from. As police investigated, they entered Xiong’s yard and saw a person in her shed. That person was Xiong.

Xiong, who is hard of hearing, did not hear the officers calling for her to come out of the shed. According to police, they yelled for the ‘suspect’ to come out of the shed 10-15 times, however, no one emerged — so they unleashed the dog.

Instead of entering the shed to see if it could’ve been a child with headphones on — or an innocent old woman who was hard of hearing — police sent in their K9 to tear apart whoever it was that couldn’t hear their demands to come out.

The officers could’ve simply waited for the ‘suspect’ to come out of the shed as well. However, they chose to rush to violent escalation. From the time police entered Xiong’s back yard to the time they unleashed the K9 was less than 10 minutes.

“They didn’t see her in the storage. They just see the flashlight. That’s what they told us,” WaamXee Xiong, Xiong’s grandson said. “If you don’t see nothing and you just see some people inside, why did you let your K-9 go in there?”

To add insult to injury, after siccing the K9 on the 81-year-old grandma, they continued to treat her as a suspect. As she is bleeding profusely from the attack, Xiong was then dragged across the yard with so much force and violence that her knees were bruised and her ankle was sprained.

After they had captured their ‘suspect’, it took police nearly 30 minutes to realize that Xiong lived at the house. Thankfully, her grandson WaamXee showed up to tell the officer she’d been cleaning her shed. Forty minutes after being viciously attacked by a police dog and assaulted by police, Xiong was finally brought the hospital.

When news of the story was posted on social media, naturally, the residents of Coon Rapids expressed their outrage. However, the department responded by calling the incident unfortunate but quickly noted that the officers did everything right.

The department understands there is public concern on social media about the way this incident appears at first glance. However, with the facts the officers were dealing with at the time, including dispatch information and assessment of the scene, they responded to the incident in an appropriate manner. Officers are trained to speak clear, simple commands in the hopes that officers can be understood when they are dealing with people on calls. It is always our goal to have a safe outcome for all citizens and officers, no matter the circumstances….
The Coon Rapids Police Department takes reports of suspicious activity very seriously and appreciates the public’s help in alerting officers to suspicious situations. In this case, officers responded to the suspicious person report that occurred at a time of day and under circumstances that led officers to believe they were interrupting a burglary in progress. In this context, officers acted appropriately. Witness reports state K-9 warnings and yelling could be heard loudly in the area as several neighbors woke up to the noise and began turning lights on.

The family has not yet decided if they’ll file a lawsuit or a complaint. However, it is clear that the police will not be held accountable and the only ones who will suffer for this irresponsible act will be the taxpayers and the victim.

In the video below, WaamXee is seen confronting one of the officers involved in releasing the K9. He asks a pertinent question, “what would happen to me if I sicced a dog on your grandma?”

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-k9-grandma-cleaning/#i5I9PpjcTxLr1p5o.99

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3307 on: February 08, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
Even if Trump might have joked about "destroying" the Senator, as it is now, civil asset forfeiture is armed robbery pure and simple enacted by the State. No surprise that the head of a crime syndicate like that Sheriff supports civil asset forfeiture, many criminal organizations like his steal money from people to sustain their colossal donut consumption, fat wages and paid vacations. In just over a decade, Texas criminal gangs law enforcement collected more than half a billion dollars in cash and personal property.

Trump Threatens to ‘Destroy’ Senator for Bill Making it Harder for Cops to Steal From You

Over the past couple of years, great progress has been made in reforming the insidious practice of civil asset forfeiture (CAF), better known as policing for profit. CAF is one of the biggest threats to property rights employed by government — and Trump apparently wants to keep it.

Using CAF, local police departments and federal government seize cash and assets from innocent people who are never charged with a crime, on the mere suspicion (often fabricated) that the cash or assets were involved in criminal activity.

Even when a person is cleared of wrongdoing, in most states that person must incur legal fees and court costs to get their property back – creating a severe disincentive to even try.
Originally set up in the 1980s to drain resources from criminal organization, CAF is now used by police to rake in millions from innocent people – mostly under the guise of war on drugs – so they can buy militarized police gear and further train themselves in the art of oppression.

As the Institute for Justice points out, several states have made significant improvements, effectively abolishing CAF by requiring a criminal conviction for government to keep cash and assets. These laudable reforms have, of course, been heavily criticized by law enforcement, who only sees a threat to their profits.

But now, it appears civil asset forfeiture reform has encountered a major obstacle in the form of President Trump.

On Tuesday, Trump met with sheriffs from around the country to hear their concerns, as the president has vowed to pursue a “law and order” agenda. There, Texas Sheriff Harold Eavenson complained about efforts in his state to end policing for profit.

“There’s a state senator in Texas that was talking about legislation to require conviction before we could receive that forfeiture money,” said Eavenson.

“Can you believe that?” Trump said in response. “Who is the state senator? Do you want to give his name? We’ll destroy his career.“

This shocking statement was met with laughter from the crowd of cops, but Trump’s face remained dead serious. Eavenson even seemed taken aback, and did not offer the name of the state senator who dares to suggest requiring a criminal conviction before seizing someone’s property.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/trump-threatens-destroy-senator-caf/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3308 on: February 10, 2017, 09:44:41 AM »
It seems like cops have a problem obeying the laws. Moreover, this practice appears to have not been an isolated incident. 

NYPD Investigated For Using Illegal License Plate Covers To Avoid Tolls: Report

Wouldn’t you love to skip out on tolls? Some cops in New York City apparently sure do! A new investigation by Inside Edition found officers were avoiding toll and traffic cameras using illegal flash-reflective plastic covers on their personal license plates, according to a summary of the probe by the New York Post.

The Post received a copy of the investigation before it aired, and Inside Edition apparently found the illegal plates were installed on more than 100 cars displaying NYPD placards. From the Post:

The covers, which can be purchased online for as little as $6, ­allow the plates to remain visible but hide plate numbers on pics taken by toll and red-light cameras.

NYPD officials admitted the covers have been an issue and said they’re “working to address” it.

“The department has instructed precinct commanders to ensure officers in their commands are complying with traffic laws and internal guidelines on license-plate covers,” NYPD spokesman Peter Donald said.
How swell.

The spokesperson went on to say that roughly a dozen cops have been ticketed for their use of the plates, and when Inside Edition approached a couple of the officers, the interactions were apparently quite comical:

An “Inside Edition” reporter confronted one driver whose car was parked outside 1 Police Plaza and had an NYPD placard in his window and covers on his front and rear plates.

When asked if he knew he was breaking the law with the covers, the driver essentially conceded he’d been caught red-handed, saying, “I’m going to take them off.”

He then used a screwdriver to remove them on camera.

I guess you have to give him credit for allowing such a remarkable self-own to happen on-camera.

http://jalopnik.com/nypd-investigated-for-using-illegal-license-plate-cover-1792217351

And since cop cock lovers apologists often talk about "a single isolated incident", guess what?

Investigation Finds Police Personnel Covering Their License Plates; Are They Trying to Avoid Paying Tolls?

http://www.insideedition.com/investigative/21559-investigation-finds-police-personnel-in-2-states-cover-their-license-plates-are-they-trying-to

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3309 on: February 12, 2017, 09:58:51 AM »
Instead of these ruthless criminals being executed, the criminal gang is covering up for them.

Cops “Justified” for Going to Wrong House and Shooting Innocent Grandpa

Cumberland County, NJ — Gerald Sykes, 76, and his wife woke up Friday night to their dogs barking and flashlights shining through their windows. Sykes immediately grabbed his shotgun and proceeded to the living room to defend his home. Sykes was ultimately shot by these intruders and was in critical condition.

Luckily Sykes pulled through. However, he will never see justice carried out against the intruders who shot him.
The intruders were cops.

On Friday, after the the state’s investigation into themselves concluded, they ruled that the troopers who went to Sykes’ home that night and shot him were justified — in spite of the fact that they had no reason to be there.

According to Philly.com Sykes’ attorney, Rich Kaser, said Friday that the family was considering a lawsuit. He said the state’s decision was disappointing but not surprising.
“The state was investigating themselves,” he said.

Sykes had done nothing wrong that night and was shot because of police incompetence. According to police, two state troopers were investigating a 9-1-1 hang-up call when they responded to Sykes’ residence. However, after police put the innocent man in the hospital, the attorney general’s office said it was discovered later that cops went to the wrong house.
Sykes never made a 9-1-1 call — until after he was shot by cops.

According to the police report, Sykes fired a single round through the sliding glass door to his home thinking he was the victim of a home invasion. He was correct, unfortunately.

During the incident, police officers fired four rounds. Three of those rounds struck Sykes.

Sykes was then airlifted to Cooper University Hospital in Camden.

He ‘felt intruders were trying to get in and he was yelling to his wife to call 911,’  Rich Kaser, longtime family friend, and attorney told NJ.com.
Sykes “thought there were bad people out there,” the friend added.

The police report originally stated that Sykes fired first. However, Kaser said the family told him it was one of the two state troopers who fired first at the elderly man after seeing him standing in the living room with a shotgun.

It would also come out in the investigation that Sykes only fired after the two intruders shot him.
As NJ.com reported last July,

According to Kaser, Sykes himself, despite being seriously wounded, also called 911 for help.

Kaser said Sykes was ordered to come out of the house. His shirt now soaked in blood, his attorney said, he was helped out by his wife and then ordered to lay face-down on the ground and was handcuffed.
Sykes’ family was told Sykes was under arrest, according to Kaser, and the elderly man was then taken in handcuffs to be treated.

According to the report, one of the troopers was hit with broken glass or by a portion of the shotgun round. He was treated and immediately released.
Sykes, on the other hand, was not so lucky.

Now, unfortunately, if there is anyone punished for going to the home of an innocent man and shooting him, it will be the taxpayers.

Sadly, police responding to the wrong home and hurting or killing innocent people and their pets is common. In June, Georgia cops went to the wrong home and killed William Powell.

Last year, in two separate incidents, cops responded to the wrong home and shot two dogs. One of the dogs was killed in front of multiple children at a 5-year-old boy’s birthday party.

Last September, Georgia cops broke into an innocent couple’s home as they watched a movie on the sofa. During the gross act of negligence, the officers shot the homeowner, killed his dog, and then shot each other!

The list goes on.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-justified-wrong-house-intruders/#udFtUc1zHAyx63cG.99

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3310 on: February 12, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »
Cop Admits to Sex with Underage Teen, Giving Her Booze, Has Charges Erased

Livermore, CA — In America, it has become quite clear over the years that there are two very different justice systems — one for the political and ruling class, and one for everyone else. Politicians, government employees, and police officers are, all too often, given special treatment because of their connection to the ruling class — allowing them to escape accountability for even the most heinous of crimes. A Livermore cop is the latest example of this flawed system of ‘justice’ in America.

Last week, an officer who admitted to multiple crimes, including paying for sex with a teenager, was given one of these special deals and will now have all of his charges simply vanish.

According to SF Gate,
Daniel Black agreed to plead no contest to one misdemeanor count of lewd conduct in public. Prosecutors said that while off duty as a police officer in April, Black and a teenager engaged in sexual acts in his motor home on two occasions and that he paid for her dinners and gave her alcohol in exchange.
Five other misdemeanor charges against Black — including lewd conduct, engaging in prostitution and giving alcohol to a minor — were dismissed with the deal.

The now 19-year-old girl has been the center of controversy involving dozens of cops who were sexually exploiting the underage child for years.
The abused little girl was only 12-years-old when she was forced into the sex trade, forever altering the course of her life. For years, this little girl was “exploited by pimps” until she finally broke away and made it to an Oakland police officer. For a brief moment, she thought she was safe but — as more information comes out from the countless investigations — it appears she was wrong.

Insanely enough, Black’s attorney is claiming that his client was singled out because he was a cop. Instead of noting that this officer will escape any accountability for his crimes, his attorney claims that Black’s badge makes him the victim!

“They didn’t go after any of her clients who were non-police officers,” said Michael Cardoza, one of the defense attorneys.

Now, according to SF Gate, if Black obeys the law and terms of the plea bargain, the single charge against him will be dismissed in May 2018. The conditions include taking an HIV test, watching an AIDS educational film, staying away from the young woman and steering clear of any areas where prostitution is known to occur.

As the Free Thought Project has reported numerous times in the past, this scandal involving dozens of other cops — not just Black — began to unfold after a police officer killed himself.

In September of 2015, Officer Brendan O’Brien killed himself a little more than a year after police say his wife, Irma Huerta-Lopez, also took her life. Although police have still not revealed the reason why, immediately after O’Brien’s suicide, an internal affairs probe found that he was the officer who met the underage sex slave, Celeste Guap.

It has now been revealed through a lawsuit, that instead of helping the distraught sex-trafficked child, O’Brien and more than 30 other law enforcement officers, apparently including Black, “continued to traffic, rape, victimize and exploit a teenage girl who needed to be rescued,” according to a legal claim filed with the Oakland city attorney’s office. “Instead of helping [the teen] find a way out of exploitation, they furthered and deepened her spiral down into the sex trade,” the claim adds, according to the Post.

Now, no justice will be served — in spite of the prosecutor, Deputy District Attorney Sabrina Farrell, saying they had a massive case against Black.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-admits-sex-teen-justice/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3311 on: February 13, 2017, 06:00:34 PM »
Hold the criminals personally responsible and take everything from them. It's the only way they will learn.
The cops have no problem seizing assets from citizens without warrant and without a court decision and even when the citizen is proven not guilty. Why do they have a problem is their assets are seized when they commit crimes?

Sheriff Must Pay $100K of Own His Money for Brutality Case or Head to Debtors Court

Los Angeles, CA — As the Free Thought Project has reported extensively, police officers, even when found at fault for their abusive actions, are almost never held personally liable. It is the taxpayers who foot the bill. However, a new trend in accountability seems to be on the rise, and will be massively more effective at curbing police brutality than any system in place right now.

The most recent case of a police officer being held personally liable comes out of Los Angeles, where former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca must decide within a week whether to pay $100,000 in damages — stemming from a civil lawsuit involving an inmate abuse case — or face liens on his assets, an attorney for the inmate said Friday, according to the LA Times.

The damages are from a 2013 judgment against Baca, three other deputies, and a captain. In that case, inmate Tyler Willis proved to a jury that he was punched and kicked repeatedly, shot with a Taser multiple times and struck “numerous times” in the ankle with a heavy metal flashlight, causing fractures and head injuries.

After a brief trial, the jury returned a verdict in Willis’ favor and held Baca personally liable. However, Baca, with the power of the police union, fought the ruling for the last 4 years, calling the idea of a police officer being held personally liable a “huge mistake.”

We disagree.

When police officers actually fear the loss of their own money, they may think twice before savagely beating a handcuffed woman or breaking into the wrong house and killing the innocent owner.

In spite of never winning an appeal, Baca has refused to pay and now Willis’ attorney is going one step further.

“Baca has to pay up or we will proceed to collect in debtors court,” Samuel Paz, an attorney for Willis said. “If necessary we will go forward with proceedings to identify his assets and place liens to collect on the debt.”

For those unfamiliar with the former sheriff, he was forced to resign in 2014 amid a massive scandal involving the horrendous abuse of inmates in his jail. While Baca quietly retired and skated out on punishment, more than two dozen of his underlings were convicted on criminal charges for their role in the abuse. Baca claims he had no idea that dozens of his employees were carrying out the abuse right under his nose for more than a decade.

Baca wasn’t the only officer held personally responsible in the 2013 lawsuit either. Anthony Vasquez, Mark Farino and Pedro Guerrero, and Daniel Cruz were found to be “malicious, oppressive or [act] in reckless disregard” of Willis’ rights.
Last week, all four of the officers agreed to pay $65,000 — their portion of the $165,000 lawsuit. However, Baca has continued to refuse.

It seems that Baca, who is currently drawing a $328,000 annual pension for the rest of his life — in spite of being a terrible cop — is holding out for the county to use taxpayer money.
However, in court documents, the county has noted that they have no intention of paying for Baca’s abuse.

This is the second such case in only weeks, in which cops are being forced to come out of pocket after being found at fault in a lawsuit. Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputy Adam Lin’s case was a bit more extreme than Baca’s, however.

In 2013, Lin spotted 19-year-old Dontrell Stephens in a “high-crime area” — the man’s own low-income neighborhood — riding a bicycle in a manner the deputy found suspicious.

Lin stopped the youth, who dismounted the bike with a cell phone in his hand and slowly approached the officer. Just outside the range of dash cam video, the officer shot Stephens four times — claiming he was in fear for his life — but footage and evidence clearly showed the claim to be baseless.

Three of the bullets remain lodged in Stephens’ body, according to the Sun Sentinel — two in his arm and one in his spine, which left him paralyzed and dependent on a wheelchair for mobility.

Stephens won a massive $22.4 million settlement and U.S. Magistrate Judge Barry Seltzer ruled that Lin should foot at least a portion of the bill. Last month, nearly everything this officer owned was seized to pay back Stephens — including everything from his furniture to his clothing.

Lin will most assuredly think twice before shooting another unarmed teen.

As for Baca, however, it appears he has yet to learn his lesson and will have to be forced by the court to pay.

Imagine, for a moment, the result of all police officers being held personally liable for their actions. In nearly every other profession on the planet, if someone hurts someone else while on the job, they are held liable — personally. Why can’t cops carry personal liability insurance just like doctors?

As instances of police brutality and police killings continue to be exposed, there is no doubt that the US is in dire need of reform. The simple requirement for police to be insured for personal liability is an easy fix — especially to remove repeat offenders from the force.

All too often, when a tragic death such as Tamir Rice occurs, months later we find out that the officer should have never been given a badge and a gun in the first place because of their past. However, insurance companies, who can’t fleece the taxpayers to pay for problem cops, would have to come out of pocket to pay for them and would make sure that these officers are uninsurable.

If the officer becomes uninsurable, the officer becomes unhirable — simple as that.

There are likely many cops out there right now who would be denied insurance coverage by any company, due to their track records. A requirement for personal liability insurance would, quite literally, weed out problem officers — almost overnight.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/la-sheriff-personally-liable-brutality/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3312 on: February 13, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »
This is insane. Soon they will make it mandatory. Say goodbye to your privacy.

US-Born NASA Scientist Detained at Border, Forced to Unlock Phone for Freedom

Sidd Bikkannavar should not have raised any red flags with Customs and Border Patrol, much less should the U.S.-born scientist with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab have been forced to fork over phone and social media passwords in order to return to the country after a trip to Chile.

But thanks to an abrupt, uncoordinated, and overly-broad travel ban implemented with an executive order from President Donald Trump, that’s exactly what happened — and Bikkannavar feels unsettled by the incident.
“I don’t know what to think about this,” the scientist with 10 years at JPL told The Verge by phone. “…  I was caught a little off-guard by the whole thing.”

Bikkannavar traveled to South America on a multi-week vacation to pursue a personal hobby of racing solar-powered cars, and attended a race in Patagonia with a Chilean team he’d recently joined.
Departing under the Obama administration, the scientist faced a strikingly different atmosphere upon return to the administration of Trump and the chaos unfolding in the wake of tight restrictions on travel from certain predominantly Muslim nations.

Obviously, Chile didn’t make Trump’s ban list — but confusion among alphabet agencies suddenly tasked with interpreting the new law led to questionable detainments, the revocation of some 60,000 visas, and tragic splitting apart of families — even in cases where the long and complex visa screening procedure had been approved.

Enrolled in Global Entry, Bikkannavar — having undergone extensive background checks — should have been given expedited entry upon return from Santiago.
“He hasn’t visited the countries listed in the immigration ban and he has worked at JPL — a major center at a US federal agency — for 10 years,” reports the Verge. “There, he works on ‘wavefront sensing and control,’ a type of optics technology that will be used on the upcoming James Webb Space Telescope.”

Even credentials from the federal government weren’t enough to prevent harassment by border patrol
, however, and after his passport was scanned, Bikkannavar was ushered into a back room where five others seemingly affected by the ban slept on cots. Forty minutes elapsed before an officer came to speak with the NASA scientist, and as he explained,

“He takes me into an interview room and sort of explains that I’m entering the country and they need to search my possessions to make sure I’m not bringing in anything dangerous.”
Answers to the questions asked by the officer would have been readily available via Bikkannavar’s Global Entry information — job title, place of residence, where he’d traveled — but no further explanation was provided for the detainment.

“I asked a question, ‘Why was I chosen?’ And he wouldn’t tell me,” Bikkannavar explained.
A document titled Inspection of Electronic Devices was the only justification proffered for the search of the scientist’s phone and accounts, and when Bikkannavar tried to politely explain his device was considered property of NASA and should not be searched, his words fell on deaf ears.

According to the Verge, Bikkannavar showed the officer the phone’s JPL barcode — but that wasn’t sufficient and authorities insisted he give them the phone with its PIN code.
“I was cautiously telling him I wasn’t allowed to give it out, because I didn’t want to seem like I was not cooperating,” Bikkannavar told the Verge. “I told him I’m not really allowed to give the passcode; I have to protect access. But he insisted they had the authority to search it.”

In actuality, however, CBP agents don’t retain that broad an authority — and can only detain individuals who refuse for lengthy periods — though it appears officers have been using a bit of hollow trickery to obtain international travelers’ electronic devices and passwords.

“In each incident that I’ve seen, the subjects have been shown a Blue Paper that says CBP has legal authority to search phones at the border, which gives them the impression that they’re obligated to unlock the phone, which isn’t true,” Hassan Shibly, chief executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) told the Verge. “They’re not obligated to unlock the phone.”

Nonetheless, Bikkannavar says the officer — who brought out a document naming potential consequences for refusal — simply would not allow him to leave without giving the PIN and handing over the phone.
So he caved, and the CBP officer vanished for over half an hour with the NASA phone.

Bikkannavar has no idea what information officers might have kept or what was done with the phone during the inspection, but immediately shut it off, and — upon his eventual release — brought the device straight to JPL’s IT department.

Without going into detail about whether or not sensitive information could have been divulged to officers, Bikkannavar explained the cybersecurity team at JPL was none-too pleased about the incident, as ‘NASA employees are obligated to protect work-related information, no matter how minuscule.’

Beyond concerns about having his work information surveilled, Bikkannavar told the Verge he worries for the privacy of friends, family, and coworkers listed in the phone’s contact section. He has since procured a new phone and number for his work with NASA.

Incidentally, CBP agents altogether failed to inspect the scientist’s bags — bringing into question the true motive for detaining a NASA employee and U.S. citizen with the foreign-sounding name and holding his PIN as the ransom for freedom to return home.

“It was not that they were concerned with me bringing something dangerous in, because they didn’t even touch the bags,” Bikkannavar explained. “They had no way of knowing I could have had something in there.
“You can say, ‘Okay well maybe it’s about making sure I’m not a dangerous person,’ but they have all the information to verify that.”

Supporters of travel restrictions insist they don’t intentionally target Muslims; however, anecdotal tales following its implementation evince nefarious underpinnings with far worse implications.

Authorities rushing to comply with the strict yet vague executive order proved, in the case of Bikkannavar and others, that fear of misunderstanding the letter of the law — and repercussions for not acting strictly enough — leads to overcompensation in the detention of scores of wholly innocent, legal travelers due to their ethnicity or religion.

It’s profiling at its worst — and that makes the semantic argument the order somehow wasn’t a ban, utterly moot.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nasa-scientist-border-phone/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3313 on: February 13, 2017, 06:18:09 PM »
The politicians who were bribed and implemented this should go to prison and pay from their pockets.

Court Finds Speed Cameras ‘Unconstitutional’ — Forces City to Repay ALL Tickets

New Miami, OH — Take away the political corruption, bribery scandals, increased accidents, and police state issues with Red Light Cameras and we are still left with a system that is rooted in the removal of due process. After the corporatist red light camera industry spread through the nation like a cancer for more than a decade, people are finally beginning to realize their inherently despotic nature.

After they woke up to the fact that their due process had been entirely removed by Optotraffic — a private vendor allowed to extort citizens with the blessing of New Miami politicians — the people fought back in the form of a class action lawsuit.

As the Newspaper reports, a group of three lawyers had filed suit in 2013, arguing that New Miami’s automated ticketing ordinance gave vehicle owners no realistic opportunity to defend themselves against the demand for a payment of up to $180 that arrived in the mail. Optotraffic, a private vendor, sent the tickets to motorists passing through the less-than-one-square-mile town on US 127, a major highway that links Cincinnati with points north.

During that period of Optotraffic extortion, the city robbed drivers of $3,066,523.00. Now, after Butler County Court of Common Pleas Judge Michael A. Oster Jr.’s ruling, the city must pay back all of it.
“If the government has created an unconstitutional law/ordinance that has taken people’s money without affording them the necessary due process protections, should not justice demand, and the law require, restitution of that money to the people?” Oster asked at the opening of his ruling. “Once the complexities of the law are analyzed, the answer is simple: Yes.”

The city attempted to fight the ruling of the state’s second highest court for more than a year. However, the case was so cut and dry that the Ohio Supreme Court chose not to intervene.

New Miami officials attempted to claim sovereign immunity to protect itself from monetary damages. However, the court failed to grant them immunity since they had violated the constitutional rights of its citizens.

“Ohio law is clear that the reimbursement of monies collected pursuant to an unconstitutional enactment or invalid rule is equitable relief, not monetary damages, and is consequently not barred by sovereign immunity,” Judge Oster concluded. “No later than thirty days after the filing of this order, plaintiff is to file with the court and affidavit evincing monies paid under the invalidated ordinance, along with an Excel spreadsheet, so that the court can set the proper amount of restitution/refund as determined under the laws of equity.”

This ruling set by the court is a precedent that should be used by towns across the United States to give people their money back who’ve been extorted by these due process-removing companies.
If you are one of those people who couldn’t care less about the removal of due process, perhaps the sheer corruption of these companies would be enough to deter your support.

After being found guilty of bribing politicians to implement her due process-removing products, Karen Finley, former CEO of the red light company Redflex, was sentenced last year to 14 months in prison. Her crimes spanned across multiple states and are so extensive that she is still facing future trials.

In April, the Free Thought Project conducted an exclusive interview with New York resident Stephen Ruth — aka Red Light Robin Hood.

Ruth has recently become targeted by local politicians in his community who are ‘addicted’ to the funds from these red light cameras.

Unwilling to sacrifice innocent lives for millions of dollars in gross revenue, this nonviolent vigilante admittedly sabotaged traffic cameras in order to call attention to drastically shortened yellow lights endangering lives in his community. He now faces arrest, threats, break-ins, and more.

While Ruth is not a politician, his sentiment toward unconstitutional red light cameras represents a growing resistance in this country — just as the case in New Miami illustrates. As with any tyrannical or fascist regime, these private red light camera companies rely on your compliance for their very existence.

As more people refuse to comply, these companies, who rely on corrupt and greedy politicians willing to sell out their citizens for a buck, will begin to fail. And, when they lose — freedom wins.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/speed-cameras-unconstitutional-tickets/#GgOCzAzJ4Xh2TXqj.99

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3314 on: February 20, 2017, 02:38:52 PM »
Those criminals have no problem destroying the lives of innocent people but when it comes to exposing the true criminals all of a sudden they worry about hiding the crimes "mistakes". To use their perverted "logic": if they have nothing to hide, what are they afraid of?

Sheriff Tries to Expose List of 300 Bad Cops, Courts & Union Promptly Block Him

Los Angeles, CA — Domestic violence, bribery, theft, excessive force, brutality — these are just a few of the crimes committed by active duty sheriff’s deputies with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. In total, there are 300 deputies with a history of misconduct whom Sheriff Jim McDonnell thinks the public should know about. However, thanks to a protectionist court system and a powerful police union, the crimes of these cops may remain secret.
Having taken over one of the most corrupt sheriff’s departments in the country, McDonnell appears to be taking steps to increase transparency and foster public trust. But these steps are being met with heavy resistance along the way.

In 2014, McDonnell inherited a department in chaos.
In April of last year, former Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Undersheriff Paul Tanaka was convicted in connection with a sweeping, federal civil rights investigation of corruption and deputy-on-inmate abuse inside the jail system.

Tanaka, along with former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca and dozens of other deputies, were exposed in a horrific abuse scandal that shocked LA County. In fact, Baca’s crimes were proven so grave in a civil suit, that he was found personally liable for $100,000, which he is to pay the victim directly out of his own pocket.

After seeing the breeding ground for corruption that McDonnell took over, it is no surprise his move to increase transparency is being met with such resistance. The years of corruption that festered under Baca did not happen in a vacuum. It was allowed to grow out of control by a union and a system that helped cover it up.

To promote a more transparent and fair system of justice, McDonnell wanted to turn over the names and crimes of hundreds of problem cops to prosecutors, who can then add them to a database that tracks problem cops. This information can then be disclosed to defendants who may have been unjustly targeted by these cops.

After all, if a cop has been caught stealing from the department, beating an innocent person, or accepting bribes, then their honesty on the stand should certainly come under question — especially considering the fact that their tainted testimony could decide whether or not an innocent person gets thrown in a cage.

However, according to the LA Times, the union that represents rank-and-file deputies strongly opposes providing the names to prosecutors and has taken the department to court. The Assn. for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs (ALADS) argues that the disclosure would violate state laws protecting officer personnel files and draw unfair scrutiny on deputies whose mistakes might have happened long ago.
Shortly after the Union noted their opposition, an appeals court sided with them by blocking the sheriff from sending the list of problem cops to the DA.

To be clear here, this list would not be a matter of public record, although it undoubtedly should be. It would only come up when the officer is set to testify against someone they accused of a crime.
As the Times points out, departments in at least a dozen counties, such as San Francisco and Sacramento, regularly send prosecutors the names of problem officers. Some, including agencies in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura have done so for well over a decade.

This process only helps to further the cause of transparency — but not in LA.
In 1963, the U.S. Supreme court ruled, in Brady vs. Maryland, prosecutors must turn over exculpatory, or favorable evidence to the defense to lessen the instance of faulty convictions. However, if this precedent in LA takes hold, the rights of the accused will suffer a dangerous blow.

Jerry Coleman, a special assistant district attorney in San Francisco County who teaches prosecutorial ethics at the University of San Francisco School of Law, told the Times that the ripple effects of such a failure can spread well beyond the courtroom.

“They affect not just our relations with police but our relations with victims, and the integrity of the criminal justice system entirely, and the public’s sense of honesty in the proceedings,” he said.
As for the court’s reasoning for keeping the criminal records of police officers secret — it could “create a negative stigma for the deputy.”

“The disclosure of a deputy’s name in conjunction with this list will create a negative stigma for the deputy,” Superior Court Judge James Chalfant wrote in his decision last month.

If the cop is accused of beating a handcuffed suspect, shouldn’t his ‘stigma’ be ‘negative’, especially given the fact that he was obviously allowed to keep his badge and gun?

“We’re not trying to hide anything that’s gone on in the past. The fact of the matter is, nobody wants to be wrongly accused of anything. That applies to everyone else in the world, so it should apply to deputies too,” ALADS’ president, Det. Ron Hernandez said.

However, if these officers were wrongly accused, then their records should not have any marks on them.

To highlight the glaring double standard of cops and the people they police, consider what happens after a police-involved shooting. Immediately after a cop shoots someone, their previous criminal record is not only released but it is published by news outlets in an attempt to assassinate the victim’s character publicly, and without due process exonerate the officer.

At least in the case of prosecutors maintaining the list, these matters would be resolved in a courtroom instead of the comment sections of local news affiliates.

Just as police accountability attempts to take a half step forward, the blue wall of protection comes crashing down and sets it two steps back.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sheriff-tries-expose-300-problem-cops/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3315 on: February 22, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »
Laws apply equally to everyone? Not quite. It seems that the ticket to molesting a child and not getting prison time and get paid is to be a cop. So long for the cop lovers who worship their "honorable heroes". They must feel safe knowing that vile molesters with a badge such as this one are out there.

Cop Admits to Sex with a Child, Escapes Jail AND Gets $15K in Severance Pay

Ely, MN — On October 14, 2015, Sgt. Jason Allen Carlson, with the Ely police department, was indicted on charges of third-degree criminal sexual conduct for admitting to having sexual relations with an underage girl. It took over two years, but in January, the officer pleaded guilty. However, because of his blue privilege, Carlson will not see a single day in jail — and, as we’ve just learned, he’ll receive severance pay from the department.

Carlson, who was described in court as an acquaintance to the girl’s parents, admitted to breaking the law. He admitted to taking the girl, against all department policy, on ride alongs with him. She wasn’t even old enough to drive yet.

During the indictment, Carlson also admitted to having sex with the child.
“I engaged in sexual contact with an individual who was at least 16 but had not reached the age of 18,” Carlson stated in a plea petition. “I knew I could not do so.”

Because Carlson was in a position of authority, his acts with this child were that much worse, as she could’ve been intimidated into the relationship. According to the Duluth News Tribune, a St. Louis County grand jury in October 2015 indicted Carlson on a felony third-degree criminal sexual conduct charge, alleging that he was in a “position of authority” over the victim.

Carlson’s case was set for trial in January. However, due to the fact that cops across the country, who admit to vile acts, even with children, are given special privileges by the court system, Carlson entered into a plea deal. St. Louis County prosecutor Gary Bjorklund then reduced the charge to misconduct of a public officer.

Instead of spending time in jail, now Carlson will most likely even escape probation. But it gets worse.

Carlson, who’s been on paid vacation for over two years since admitting to having sex with a minor — was not even fired.

Earlier this month, the Ely police department, with the blessing of the city council, allowed Carlson to quietly resign — and agreed to pay him $15,000 as part of the resignation deal.

Imagine for a moment that a person works in the civilian sector and is arrested and charged for having sex with a minor. Of course, everyone is innocent until proven guilty — so, they may not be fired right away. However, once they were indicted after admitting to the charge, what are the odds that a private company would allow an admitted child sex offender to collect a paycheck — for two more years — and then receive severance pay?

Not only would that person have been immediately fired, but they would have been convicted much faster, and they would be in jail right now.

However, because Carlson wears a badge, this 11-year veteran of the Ely police department will likely use his newfound windfall of cash to relocate to another department — and do the same thing all over again. After all, he gets to act out his sexual desires with high school freshmen and then gets insanely long paid vacations.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-admits-to-sex-with-a-child-wont-go-to-jail-and-gets-15k-in-severance-pay/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3316 on: February 22, 2017, 01:36:05 PM »
Let's see if these criminals will end up in prison or if they'll get a promotion and a hefty bonus.

Florida Cop and Police Chief Both Charged in Shooting Death of Elderly Woman During Training Exercise

Punta Gorda police officer Lee Coel was finally charged in the shooting death of Mary Knowlton, the 73-year-old retired librarian who was shot and killed during a citizens academy last year.

Punta Gordo Police Chief Tom Lewis, who has defended Coel throughout his troubled career, was also charged, State Attorney Steve Russell announced during a press conference Wednesday.

Coel, who shot and killed Knowlton during an exercise in which he was supposed to use blanks last August, was charged with manslaughter, which is a first degree felony. He is facing up to 30 years in prison.

Lewis was charged with culpable negligence, which is a misdemeanor. He faces up to 60 days in jail, according to a press release from the state attorney’s office.

Coel turned himself in earlier today but was quickly released after posting a $5,000 bond. Lewis was issued a summons to appear in court, according to WINK News.

Coel, who has been on paid administrative leave since August 9, 2016 incident, has a long history of abuse as we pointed out last year.

He is the same cop who allowed his police dog to maul a man for riding a bicycle at night without lights.

“I’ve been saying for months that this guy was going to kill somebody and now he has killed somebody,” attorney Scott Weinberg said during a telephone interview with Photography is Not a Crime last year.

“Everybody had been put on notice that he was a loose cannon, that he should not have had a badge and a gun. The city, the state attorney and the police department knew he was not mentally fit to serve the public.”

But Chief Lewis continued to defend Coel, even after the cop fired a gun with live ammunition during a “shoot, don’t shoot” exercise, celebrating the fact that Coel was an award-winning officer, even if he did have a history of disciplinary actions against him, including a forced resignation from another law enforcement agency.

Knowlton had signed up for the citizens academy class because she wanted to show her support for police during a time when police were being criticized nationwide for their abusive tactics.

The incident led to a $2 million settlement for her family in November.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2017/02/22/florida-cop-and-police-chief-both-charged-in-shooting-death-of-elderly-woman-during-training-exercise/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3317 on: February 28, 2017, 05:51:35 PM »
Bad Cop Arrested After Good Cop Filmed Him Stomp Innocent Man’s Head In

Conway, AR — Faulkner County Sheriff’s deputy, Eugene Watlington, 43, went to trial last week for excessive force after stomping on the head of Harvey Martin. The entire assault was captured on video by Mayflower police officer Dalton Elliott.

The violent arrest happened during a botched police chase in 2015, during which Martin was working undercover for Conway police. When Faulkner County deputies attempted to pull over a Mustang carrying Martin and the man who he was supposed to be surveilling, Christopher Cummings, all hell broke loose.

As the chase began, Cummings held a gun to Martin’s head and forced him to speed away from police, according to authorities. The chase only ended once the Mustang ran out of gas. When the chase ended, however, the violent excessive force began.

According to Elliot, he and two deputies had their guns drawn when they arrived at the site in Conway where the chase ended once the Mustang ran out of gas. Elliott said they told Martin to put his hands up, which he did. Elliott said Martin did not resist arrest.

When police moved in to make the arrest, Cummings ran, but Martin immediately complied.

Naturally, Watlington’s fellow officers claimed that Martin was not cooperating and continued to “reach for his waistband.” But, the video does not show this. Also, Martin would not have any reason to reach for his waistband as he was working for the police at the time.

During the trial, Elliot testified that he counted “nine to 10 times” that the 6-foot-1 Watlington, who weighed 310 pounds according to his arrest warrant, kicked Martin with his boot.

Watlington was not participating in the arrest and was only standing there — just waiting to inflict violence.

According to Arkansas Online, Conway Police Department officer Glen Cooper testified that Martin was trying to help Conway police locate Cummings that night. Cooper said Watlington asked him to question Martin later because Watlington said Martin wouldn’t want to talk with him. Watlington then smiled and shined a flashlight on one of his boots, the officer said.

“Help me! Help me! I’m not resisting,” Martin can be heard screaming in the video as officers stomp, punch and kick him. The sound of the beating was so overwhelming in the courtroom that Martin’s mother broke down into tears and had to cover her ears.

“I think the best piece of evidence was … the video” filmed by Mayflower police officer Dalton Elliott with a body camera, Special Prosecutor Tom Tatum said, according to Arkansas Online. “There’s no bias” with the video. “It … shows what it shows.”

Martin, who was actually helping police before being assaulted, was then rushed to the emergency room after the beating.

“I was beat down, tased, everything. I wasn’t putting up no fight,” Martin told authorities in an interview after his arrest.

Once the smoke and the blood cleared, all charges against Martin were dropped, and the attention was focused on Watlington. The Faulkner County Sheriff then fired Watlington after an investigation concluded that he’d used “excessive force.” He was charged a short time after being fired.

As the Free Thought Project frequently points out, violent and dangerous cops are allowed to continue to prey on society because their fellow cops remain silent in the face of excessive force. Fortunately, however, that was not the case this time around.

In spite of the fact that Watlington’s fellow corrupt cops attempted to cover for the officer, Elliot’s video and testimony were able to bring this bad cop to justice.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/good-cop-excessive-force-filmed/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3318 on: March 01, 2017, 02:13:11 PM »
Look at the honorable heroes criminal scum.

7 Baltimore officers federally indicted for racketeering, including robbing victims

Seven Baltimore City Police officers are being federally indicted for a racketeering conspiracy, according to the Justice Department, in an investigative case that was secretly conducted and kept quiet about even from the city's State's Attorney.

The arrests of the officers allegedly involved in racketeering were announced in the U.S. Attorney’s Office on Wednesday morning. The accused officers were reportedly robbing victims ranging from $200,000 to a 'couple hundred dollars,' filing false affidavits, and making fraudulent overtime claims while officers vacationed in Myrtle Beach and gambled at casinos.

One officer is also charged in a separate drug distribution indictment. Sometimes, narcotics and weapons were seized in addition to money and, "in several instances, the defendants did not file any police reports," the indictment alleges.

"These seven police officers betrayed the trust" of not only the police department but also the public, said Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis, during a time when the city was "under scrutiny" and trying to heal in a post-Freddie Gray climate.

According to a handout by the U.S. Attorney's Office, the involved officers have been identified as Momodu Bondeva Kenton Gondo a/k/a 'GMoney' and 'Mike,' Wayne Earl Jenkins, Evodio Calles Hendrix, Maurice Kilpatrick Ward, Jemell Lamar Rayam, Daniel Thomas Hersl and Marcus Roosevelt Taylor. All have been suspended without pay and are in custody of the FBI as police are search for more victims who may have interacted with any of these officers under suspicious circumstances.

The Baltimore DEA’s Assistant Special Agent in Charge Don Hibbert explained that the DEA was conducting a probe when they "discovered information in the course of our drug investigation and we were able to work with our partners at Baltimore PD and the FBI and passed the information along and it worked the way it should” have been.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/01/7-baltimore-officers-federally-indicted-for-racketeering-including-robbing-victims.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3319 on: March 03, 2017, 12:19:15 AM »
Michigan Cops Can Legally Have Sex with Human Trafficking Victims During Investigations

Michigan — As 14 states draft up bills to grant privileged status to police officers with Blue Lives Matter laws, one state, in particular, is magnitudes worse in regards to the atrocities their cops can legally commit. In Michigan, police are granted immunity from prosecution if they have sex with a prostitute or a sex trafficking victim during an investigation. Seriously.

As the Free Thought Project previously reported in 2014, Honolulu police officers urged lawmakers to keep an exemption in state law that allows undercover officers to have sex with prostitutes during investigations. For years, these two states allowed their cops to have sex with prostitutes and victims of human trafficking while at the same time arresting these women.

Hawaii has since gotten rid of their law and, thanks to Bridgette Carr, a director of the Human Trafficking Clinic at the University of Michigan Law School, Michigan is on the chopping block next.
Carr told Michigan Radio she became aware of the exemption a couple of years ago when Hawaii was “phasing out their exemption.”
“And a number of folks in the human trafficking community were upset that Michigan retained the exemption,” she told the station.

Cops who abuse this ridiculous law say they need the legal protection to catch lawbreakers. Critics, however, including human trafficking experts and other police, say it’s unnecessary and can further victimize sex workers, many of whom have been forced into the trade.

“The reason the law is structured the way it is is because of the way the prostitution laws are written,” Carr said. “So for law enforcement to have any power to investigate with immunity, they got all the power. And no one thought to go back and carve out a prohibition against sexual intercourse.”

According to Carr, some police claim they know about this law while others do not.
“No police officer or prosecutor that I spoke with said, ‘That’s a tool that we use in our training or that’s what we expect our law enforcement to be doing,’” she said.
However, according to Carr, some victims of police persecution say that cops use this law to threaten prostitutes and human trafficking victims.

“What I do know from my own clients is that people who either say they are cops, who are cops or who are impersonating cops, know about this exemption and threaten my clients with it sometimes,” she said. “It’s not rampant, but it happens. And I think it says something about us as a community that we would allow this type of exemption for law enforcement, whether it’s used very often or not.”

In the Land of the Free, it is against the law to get paid to have sex, unless that sex is filmed, distributed on DVD, and taxed. One of the least talked about systems of oppression in the US is that of persecuting prostitutes. Think about it. The group prosecuting sex workers are allowed to engage in sex with that person and then arrest them for it. It is brutal hypocrisy.

It is important to note when referencing prostitution, we are talking about the mutually beneficial exchange of sexual favors for money by two or more consenting partners — not forced human trafficking.
It’s called the “oldest profession in the world” for a reason. Sex is a basic human need. One need only observe the explosive population growth of humans in the last 10,000 years to see that desire to mate is inherent in each and every one one of us.

When one takes this into consideration, the notion of outlawing consensual sex is seen for what it is — sheer insanity. And, it leads to situations like we see in Michigan, where cops grant themselves special privileges to engage in it.

Just like the war on drugs creates crime by pushing the constant demand for illicit substances into the black market, the war on the sex trade creates crime in the same manner. It is time to end both of them.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-sex-human-trafficking-victims/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3321 on: March 03, 2017, 12:07:46 PM »
Award-Winning Kentucky Cop Shoots Unarmed Man Suspected of Using Drugs

Kentucky cops entered an abandoned home looking for a man who had been accused of using drugs outside the home Wednesday, shooting the man within a second of ordering him to show his hands.

The incident was captured on the officer’s body cam and released Thursday.

“Show your hands,” Louisville Metro police officer Sarah Stumler yells after discovering the man hiding behind a mattress leaning against the wall.

Then she fired her gun before even giving him a chance to show his hands, shooting Bruce Warrick once in the abdomen.

“Shit,” she says as the mattress and Warrick fall to the floor.

She then begins to administer first aid to the 38-year-old victim.

“You’re okay, just hold on,” Stumler says, who has received several awards and commendations over the years.

Now Warrick is listed in critical condition at a local hospital.

According to WDRB:

It happened in the 2600 block of Magazine Street near 26th Street. Chief Steve Conrad said First Division officers responded to a complaint just after 11:30 a.m. of a man doing drugs next to an abandoned house.

When officers arrived, they were told the man had gone into that house. More officers arrived, and three of them entered the house and announced their presence, Conrad said.

They searched the house, and upon leaving, Officer Sarah Stumler saw Bruce Warrick hiding behind a mattress in one of the rooms. She ordered Warrick, a black male, to show his hands.

Stumler then fired one shot, striking Warrick in the abdomen. Conrad said the officers called EMS and provided first aid while they waited for EMS to arrive. He explained why a taser was not used.

“When officers are going into a situation where they don’t know what sort of force they may encounter, it is not unusual to see officers with their weapons out,” Chief Conrad said.

Chief Conrad said he has not formed a conclusion about whether the shooting was justified or not, but that it is being investigated by the department’s internal affairs department.

Carrick still has not been charged with any crimes, according to WLKY.

Unlike many chiefs from other departments in the United States, Conrad does not waste any time in releasing body cam footage of police shooting suspects as he did last year on the same day of another questionable shooting in which the officers’ narrative contradicted what was seen on the video.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2017/03/03/watch-kentucky-cop-shoots-unarmed-man-suspected-using-drugs/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3322 on: March 03, 2017, 12:10:48 PM »
Connecticut State Troopers Charged with Kidnapping for Beating and Torturing Man at Party

Two Connecticut state troopers were arrested Tuesday for nearly beating a man to death while they were off-duty after a night of heavy drinking and nightclubbing.

The troopers were angry that the man grabbed a woman’s butt at an after-party in one of the trooper’s home.

In classic mob style, the troopers even took pictures of the man’s drivers license in an attempt to dissuade him from telling the police.

Now, both troopers have been suspended and a judge has put them both on house arrest until their day in court.

WFSB reports that on February 18, Connecticut state troopers Xavier Cruz and Rupert Laird were out partying and drinking with friends at Club Karma in Hartford.

After the club closed, the group all went to Cruz’s house in Wethersfield to keep partying and drinking. But things got out of control once the drinks began to settle in.

Feeling extra flirtatious from the alcohol, Felipe Figueroa-Garcia grabbed a female guest by the butt. The woman told the troopers and that is when the torture-style beat-down took place.

The troopers forced Garcia to strip down to bare underwear, all while punching and kicking him more than 50 times.

At one point the troopers whipped out a police baton and began beating Garcia, splattering blood on the refrigerator, walls and floor.

Garcia was even made to stand on a metal cheese grater while on his knees.

“You know I can kill you right? If I was going to kill you no one would find your body,” Laird told Garcia while standing over him, pointing a gun, according to court documents.

Eventually the troopers ordered Garcia to clean up his own blood, but when did not do a good enough job for them, they beat him again.

When the troopers finally stopped, they took pictures of Garcia’s drivers license and bruised body as a way to keep him from going to police.

But when Garcia drove himself to the hospital, a nurse contacted police after seeing his injuries and suspecting foul play. The police report notes there were dark purple bruises on Garcia’s chest, back, thighs, stomach and buttocks.

State police released this statement concerning the matter:

“The Connecticut State Police is committed to serving all of Connecticut’s residents while embodying our core values of professionalism, respect, and integrity. We hold accountable all members of the agency, emphasizing their obligation to uphold these values and our standard of conduct, whether on-duty or off-duty.

Immediately upon learning of the egregious conduct of two off-duty state troopers, Tpr. Rupert Laird, Troop C-Tolland, and Tpr. Xavier Cruz, Troop K-Colchester, the Connecticut State Police suspended their police powers, confiscated their weapons, badges and patrol vehicles, and opened its own administrative inquiry. Both troopers are suspended pending the outcome of the proceedings.”

When police went to Cruz’s house to investigate, they found blood on the floor and wall in the basement where Garcia was beaten.

The troopers are charged with first-degree kidnapping with a firearm, second-degree assault with a firearm and deprivation of rights by force or threat.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2017/03/02/connecticut-state-troopers-charged-with-kidnapping-for-beating-and-torturing-man-at-party/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3323 on: March 04, 2017, 11:11:52 PM »
Cop Directing Traffic Opens Fire on Innocent Family in Van, Shooting the Dad

Atlanta, GA — A North Carolina family narrowly escaped with their lives when an off-duty Atlanta police supervisor opened fire at their vehicle while directing traffic — because they made a wrong turn.
Forty-six-year-old Noel Hall, his wife, sons, grandson, and another passenger were leaving a motocross event at the Georgia Dome, where, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation told 11Alive Sergeant Mathieu Cadeau “was conducting traffic and ordered Hall to go one direction down Northside Drive, but reportedly, Hall wanted to go another direction. The GBI, which has taken over the investigation, said Hall then drove toward the officer, at which point Cadeau opened fire, injuring Hall.”

Hall disputes GBI’s claims he drove at Cadeau, saying “at no point did we realize this man was a police officer.”

“First thing we want to make very clear is, that at no point did we realize this man was a police officer, he never presented hisself [sic] in any such way,” Hall wrote in a statement on the inexplicable shooting. “Yes, he had a vest on, however, from our point of view there was nothing on it to indicate or state who he was, he never identified himself, we did not see a badge and most certainly did not see his weapon. We were already in the turn lane and in the process of turning when he approached us by walking in front of our van, we did not drive toward him as been stated.”

Hall continued, “We came to a complete stop and at the point when we did start moving, we made a turn to the right, around and away from the officer. It is unclear to us as of why he chose to shoot, as we had already moved past him, when he fired at us, but it was absolutely unjustified.”

Further, even the Atlanta Police Department remains skeptical, reiterating Wednesday their office has never claimed Hall targeted Cadeau with the van.
Initial reports said Hall drove toward the supervisor, who “was wearing his uniform and reflective vest,” after being directed to a different route. Cadeau then opened fire without warning, hitting and injuring Hall — who then drove several blocks until a family member on board managed to reach emergency services.

Hall’s injuries weren’t serious, but the shaken up family has grave concerns about Cadeau’s indiscriminate and gratuitous firing of a deadly weapon into their Ford F350 van — particularly with the number of children inside. He stated,

“We are very fortunate and thankful that I (Noel) did not sustain any life threatening injuries from the gunshot wound, as we are also very fortunate and thankful that none of the other family members were hit. The officer shot at me through the drivers window, the bullet entering and exiting me twice, then through and out the passenger window, just missing my wife’s head, who was seated in the passenger seat by only inches. Also in the van were 2 of our sons, one sons girlfriend and our 2 year old grandson, so it could have very easily went through the passenger area of the van, hitting any of them.”

Considering Cadeau fired on the van while directing overflow traffic from a popular event, bystanders on foot and in other vehicles were also fortunate to be spared.

Notably, neither the Atlanta Police Department nor the Georgia Bureau of Investigation have accused Hall of accelerating toward the supervisor or targeting him maliciously with the vehicle — simply that he began driving toward Cadeau.

Indeed, Atlanta police haven’t indicated the supervisor cop felt threatened during the incident, at all.

Hall lamented the allegations he drove toward Cadeau, asserting never, at any point, “would I have done anything to put them in harms way, just as I would never had intentionally made a move to cause harm or possibly take another’s life.”

GBI is now handling the investigation into why an officer in a supervisory position on the job fired his service weapon into a family vehicle when the driver didn’t opt for the officially-sanctioned route — but didn’t put anyone in danger.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-directing-traffic-opens-fire-on-innocent-family-in-van-shooting-the-dad/#EzvQz4RobpYhH60r.99

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3324 on: March 04, 2017, 11:15:42 PM »
This dangerous criminal needs to spend the rest of his pathetic life in prison.

Woman Run Over by Her Car As Crazed Cop Drags Her Out at Gunpoint for No Reason

Lee County, FL — Lee County Deputy Raymond Gallagher is a bad cop. It is cops like him that add to the fear people feel when they see those red and blue lights in their rearview mirrors as they are targeted for extortion for some arbitrary traffic violation. However, thanks to the power of video and a cop watching citizen, Deputy Raymond Gallagher is a cop no more.

In October, Gallagher pulled a woman over for speeding. It was a routine stop and it appeared that the woman wanted to get off the road, so she pulled into a parking lot at a nearby shopping mall. Never did the woman try to flee or resist or otherwise pose any threat to Gallagher. However, that did not stop him from creating the violent scene that unfolded next.

For pulling over into a parking lot — for a minor speeding violation — Gallagher rushed her vehicle with his weapon drawn and proceeded to drag her from the car. Clearly in shock and frightened as a crazed screaming man is running toward her with a weapon pointed at her head, the woman either forgot or did not have time to put the vehicle in park. However, it was not moving at all — until Gallagher dragged her out of the car.

In the officer’s dashcam video, we see him rush the car and proceed to drag the woman from the car. As she falls to the concrete with her seatbelt still attached, her foot slips off the brake causing the car to start rolling forward. Because the crazed cop didn’t allow her to remove her seatbelt — or put the car in park — she was dragged along the side of her moving vehicle.

Luckily, she was not run directly over by the back tire and killed. But she was hurt.
After the stop, Gallagher arrested the woman and fabricated an entire story to back up his reasons for the use of force and never once mentioned that she was pulled from the vehicle and dragged.
As NBC 2 reports, an internal affairs investigation also discovered Gallagher lied on the arrest report, stating the female tried to avoid him when he first made contact with her, something the video proved never occurred.

Instead of the truth, contained within the officer’s fictional report was a statement about how he “helped” the woman from her vehicle. In their investigation, the department used the Merriam-Webster dictionary to define ‘help’.

Merriam-Webster defines the work help as follow(s): to give assistance or support to; to make more pleasant or bearable; to be of use to, to change for the better. In the video, Deputy Gallagher did not appear to assist, support, please, be of use to, or change the situation for the better.

The investigation substantiated the following four charges:
• Improper Conduct- Excessive or Unnecessary Force
• Improper Conduct- Untruthfulness in Proceedings or Reports
• Job Knowledge and Performance- Knowledge of Rules and Procedures
• Improper Conduct- Conduct Unbecoming Officer/Member

“Mr. Gallagher fell far short of our expectations, training, and policy, and we dealt with him swiftly and surely,” Sheriff Mike Scott said. “I will not tolerate behavior like that.”

Thankfully, a vigilant citizen decided to stick around and act as a witness after he suspected Gallagher was going to escalate the situation or this cop may have never been exposed. The Witness, Kevin Noell then called the Lee County Sheriff’s Office to report Gallagher.

Now, nearly 5 months after the incident, Gallagher is no longer a cop, and, hopefully, it stays that way.
Below is the dramatic video showing this deputy’s aggressive and dangerous behavior.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-woman-dragged-speeding-stop/#7eEUFCQ5ZILTgDHj.99