Author Topic: Fatpanda Training and diet log  (Read 198042 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Fatpanda Training and diet log
« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
i can eat what i want, but there is one restriction - calories.

although a calorie is a calorie, a meal on xmas day will be very difficult to count up calorie wise. think about it. turkey, potatoes, gravy, veg, butter, stuffing, soup, desert, wine, etc .even if i could i would probably go right over that 2000 cal limit in half a meal. not to mention xmas eve, boxing day, new years eve, and new year's day, then the old firm football game on the 2nd of january. Thats lots of eating, and drinking - where yes i could possibly keep the meals under my calorie limits, but i want to fully enjoy xmas by indulging a little for a week. i will have been dieting for 6 months by xmas, i think I'm entitled to have a blow out.  ;)

also all this counting of calories by looking at packets weighing meals etc going on with family all eating, passing presents etc  ???

not to mention if I'm eating at someone's house, or at a restaurant.

as much as i would like to be able to weigh every ingredient that i will be eating, i don't think its feasible or appropriate for me to try to get this info.

the reason i said i think I've been knocked back a week or two because i was losing 3-4 lbs a week for the few weeks before i left for the weekend in poland - that turned a loss that week into 3 lbs gained. ( probably a lot water though) then i was run down the week after, so i missed 6 x30 min sessions of cardio, along with the increased eating takeaways that week. this was mainly due to not eating food for over the weekend, not buying in food for the week ahead as i was away, and because i felt run down after all the drinking, i didn't see the point in sweating a few extra calories for a few extra days. this all led to a 0.75lb increase that week too.

so potentially i could have been another 6+lbs down instead of 3.75lbs up.  ;)

i do have a degree, and am currently studying for my 2nd, but that shouldn't matter.

i am not claiming its my studies, intellect or logic that prove a calorie is a calorie, only every properly well conducted study on the topic  ;) .

the fact that you seem to still be in denial about this scientific fact is disappointing.

i want you to understand that despite what the magazines, mass media, diet guru's, and bad scientists tell you. The fact remains that when as many variables as possible are controlled as they are in a metabolic ward setting ( the only valid studies on the topic of caloric comparison between macronutrients), they always show the same thing - A CALORIE IS A CALORIE - FACT.

i don't blame you for not believing me, wavelength, adonis, and the great writers and scientists i have mentioned in this log earlier. i had similar doubts also, despite reading their intelligent works, and the scientific proof. The industry wide myths about diet are deeply ingrained in all aspects of this industry unfortunately, and they brainwashed me to a degree also.

i hope you keep an open mind though, and read what i have already wrote if you have further doubts. not to mention wait and see how i do  :)
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2010, 03:37:23 AM »
 End of the month progress check

week 13 sunday weigh in = 231lbs

weight loss this week = 2lbs  

total weight loss since start of this log = 22.75lbs

waist: 116.5cm - same  :'(
chest: 119cm - up by 0.5cm  :)
arms: 40cm - down by 1cm  

i am disappointed with the lack of change in waist size this month. i know its my stubborn spot though, fat comes off everywhere else on me first. I also forgot to take these measurements first thing this morning and have had a protein shake and cup of coffee before i took them, so that may be the reason for no change. My trousers are all falling off me, so my waist is definately getting smaller. I'm very pleased with the chest going up. i cant explain it though as strength wise i'm getting weaker. i'm currently lifting 47.5kg dumbbells, and still getting 8 reps in deadlift, shrugs, and rows - although the rows are quite hard now. However my flat and incline presses are a real struggle. i'm good for 5 in flat, but not a fraction of a rep more, but in incline i'm failing to even kick them into place sometimes, then when i get them up into place i'm really having to give 110% effort to hold the weight, never mind lift it - even then theres always a split secend where i think my arms are going to buckle and my skull is going to get crushed  :-\ if i get that first rep though i can get 4 reps.
i was hoping to keep the weight at 47.5kg untill xmas as i'm going on vacation for a few weeks then, but its getting too dangerous so i'm going to drop the weight to 45kg for the next few weeks.

fitness wise i feel great, my old shoulder injuries have completely cleared up it seems, and even the chest/shoulder pain i was getting is almost gone  :)

i'm sleeping better and i have more energy. good times.

here are my updated pics. no major differences, i certainly see more definition, with my abs shape showing through more every month, veins coming through too now, but i dont think this shitty camera pics up most changes.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2010, 03:38:04 AM »
2 more.

1 of me

1 of my treat cupboard  :o  what a diet !  ;D

remember though - a calorie is just a calorie !  ;)
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2010, 04:03:47 AM »
On a side note xmas has came to Bonnie Scotland this weekend.

Its snowing  :D

i love the snow.

Merry Xmas getbig !
175lbs by 31st July

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »
 End of the month progress check

week 13 sunday weigh in = 231lbs

weight loss this week = 2lbs  

total weight loss since start of this log = 22.75lbs

waist: 116.5cm - same  :'(
chest: 119cm - up by 0.5cm  :)
arms: 40cm - down by 1cm  

i am disappointed with the lack of change in waist size this month. i know its my stubborn spot though, fat comes off everywhere else on me first. I also forgot to take these measurements first thing this morning and have had a protein shake and cup of coffee before i took them, so that may be the reason for no change. My trousers are all falling off me, so my waist is definately getting smaller. I'm very pleased with the chest going up. i cant explain it though as strength wise i'm getting weaker. i'm currently lifting 47.5kg dumbbells, and still getting 8 reps in deadlift, shrugs, and rows - although the rows are quite hard now. However my flat and incline presses are a real struggle. i'm good for 5 in flat, but not a fraction of a rep more, but in incline i'm failing to even kick them into place sometimes, then when i get them up into place i'm really having to give 110% effort to hold the weight, never mind lift it - even then theres always a split secend where i think my arms are going to buckle and my skull is going to get crushed  :-\ if i get that first rep though i can get 4 reps.
i was hoping to keep the weight at 47.5kg untill xmas as i'm going on vacation for a few weeks then, but its getting too dangerous so i'm going to drop the weight to 45kg for the next few weeks.

fitness wise i feel great, my old shoulder injuries have completely cleared up it seems, and even the chest/shoulder pain i was getting is almost gone  :)

i'm sleeping better and i have more energy. good times.

here are my updated pics. no major differences, i certainly see more definition, with my abs shape showing through more every month, veins coming through too now, but i dont think this shitty camera pics up most changes.

40cm arms at those bodyfat levels LOLOLOLOLOLOL
from incomplete data

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2010, 02:58:03 PM »
40cm arms at those bodyfat levels LOLOLOLOLOLOL

lets be honest, they are still bigger than yours and i dont even work them directly  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2010, 09:31:39 AM »
lets be honest, they are still bigger than yours and i dont even work them directly  ::)

Mine measure 42,5cm at way lower bf %. Try again fatso.
from incomplete data

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2010, 04:25:03 PM »

Maybe you should, because, let's be honest, 40cm is pathetic and you will end up with 37 after you lost all that fat.

And now you can try and insult me, but that doesn't change the facts about what i wrote.  :-*

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: December 01, 2010, 06:44:58 AM »
no need to try to avoid attack dk.

i dont feel insulted by your comments about my arms.

they used to be 47.5cm (19") , i know they are smaller.

i have actually been noticing they are getting quite small, and i do not like it.

i may start working them again soon.
175lbs by 31st July

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2010, 07:17:32 AM »
no need to try to avoid attack dk.

i dont feel insulted by your comments about my arms.

they used to be 47.5cm (19") , i know they are smaller.

i have actually been noticing they are getting quite small, and i do not like it.

i may start working them again soon.
Fat 19 inch arms don't really count

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2010, 09:56:42 AM »
Fat 19 inch arms don't really count

at least they wern't fat 15" arms like yours  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »
at least they wern't fat 15" arms like yours  ::)
Whatever you say champ  ::)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2010, 06:07:58 AM »
week 14 sunday weigh in = 231.5lbs

weight loss this week = + 0.5lbs

i'm not worried as i worked the whole weekend - which as i've shown before makes me hold water due to heat all day. i was 229 on wednesday morning.

i am also working next weekend so i'll probably hold water then too. So i'll probably not notice any weight loss for a few weeks. but i expect when it does come off it will be alot.

i'm looking good to be 220-225 for my xmas vacation.  8)
175lbs by 31st July

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »

ahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaha
b

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »
 ::)

despite me having a off day diet wise yesterday by drinking loads of vodka and having a great steak sandwich with fries.

i woke up this morning and weighed 227lbs.

as i was hungover today i ordered a chinese takeout.

back on the diet tomorrow though and back on target for 220-225.

i have 1 week from today to reach  :) no problem at all.
175lbs by 31st July

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »

HEY TUBBO!

just checking in for my weekly laugh at your weekly failure and as usual im not disappointed!

ahahahahahahahahahahaha keep up the good work, sparky.
b

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: December 13, 2010, 03:10:37 AM »
i think the proverb that describes this thread best is

"Pudding before praise".

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: January 02, 2011, 06:55:21 AM »
wooooooooooooo

just watched my beloved celtic beat rangers 0-2.  8)

with the greek legend - Georgios Samaras scoring 2  8)
175lbs by 31st July

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »
Staying on track or did Christmas pull you off??
O

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:35 AM »
Staying on track or did Christmas pull you off??

christmas pulled me off big time  ;D

i blame american buffets and good beers >:(

back in scotland now, and will be posting update pics of the damage and weight shortly - it wont be pretty.

but i have nothing to distract me now.

i'll stay on now till i'm the weight i am happy with.
175lbs by 31st July

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2011, 07:10:40 AM »
christmas pulled me off big time  ;D

i blame american buffets and good beers >:(

back in scotland now, and will be posting update pics of the damage and weight shortly - it wont be pretty.

but i have nothing to distract me now.

i'll stay on now till i'm the weight i am happy with.

Guess what will happen then......

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2011, 05:32:25 PM »
Guess what will happen then......

What eventually happens to all fat people on the diet?

They become happy with the weight they already have??

LMAO/

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2011, 11:15:11 AM »
weight = 251.25 lbs

restarted the diet and exercise today.

calories will be started at 3000 since my metabolism should be higher as i was eating more over xmas.

exercises will be same as before, however i will periodize the weight each workout to try to help maintain/increase strength and mass. rather than simply try to lift as heavy as i can each workout - this should help to avoid burnout from the new increased frequency i will be attempting.

i will try to increase workout frequency to try to do a full body workout every day where possible - that should be 5 days a week, as i work 2 days a week at present.

i have not tried this much frequency for a long time, and i may find strength goes to shit due to fatigue and i may burnout , if it does i'll reduce it to every 48 hours instead.

i will also be maintaining 30 mins cardio every day i am not working also - immediately after my workout.
175lbs by 31st July

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »
weight = 251.25 lbs

restarted the diet and exercise today.

calories will be started at 3000 since my metabolism should be higher as i was eating more over xmas.

exercises will be same as before, however i will periodize the weight each workout to try to help maintain/increase strength and mass. rather than simply try to lift as heavy as i can each workout - this should help to avoid burnout from the new increased frequency i will be attempting.

i will try to increase workout frequency to try to do a full body workout every day where possible - that should be 5 days a week, as i work 2 days a week at present.

i have not tried this much frequency for a long time, and i may find strength goes to shit due to fatigue and i may burnout , if it does i'll reduce it to every 48 hours instead.

i will also be maintaining 30 mins cardio every day i am not working also - immediately after my workout.

??? how long did it take you to lose 25 lbs before?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2011, 11:22:52 AM »
day 1 - first workout of 2011:

8 x 32.5kg - dumbell deadlifts
8 x 32.5kg - dumbell shrugs
8 x 32.5kg - dumbell flat bench
8 x 32.5kg - one arm rows
8 x 32.5kg - dumbell incline bench
30 mins - steady state cardio @ around 50-65% vo2max on indoor bike.

todays calories = 3004

219g protein 29%
200g carbs 25%
149g fat 45%
175lbs by 31st July