Author Topic: Do you believe in Jesus?  (Read 55267 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Do you believe in Jesus?
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »
Please God, if you're out there

make this thread die
free will

another of the numerous concepts which suggest God

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »
Who created God?

If we can't answer that question, then we can't answer who created the universe.  So if we can say nobody created God, then we can say nobody created the universe. It is eternal.  If God can be eternal, why can't the universe?  Who is to say that anything needs a maker?  Just because humans need a maker to help understand why we are here, doesn't mean the universe or God for that matter needs a maker.

What troubles me is that most people believe in God but don't believe in alien beings from another planet.  There is more proof of aliens from another planet than there is of God.

We are all made of the same material as everything else in the cosmos, therefor WE may be Gods or God may be hydrogen or carbon.  Anything in existence is made of the same stuff at the smallest level, science has already proved this, so debating who made the universe is illogical.

Also, I'm agnostic.  There may be a God, but we know nothing of him and from a pure intelligence point of view he does not exist.  We can "think" we know he is there but we simply do not have any proof he is or what he is.

Believing in something doesn't make it real, like the Easter bunny.  Having faith in something makes you feel good, but i do not judge people based on their faith, i believe in free will.  I simply cannot fathom a puppet in the sky known as God who sent his only son to this planet to die for us.  I have studied way too much science to believe any of that nonsense.

What about the other 20,000 Gods and their sons? are they real as well?

8)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2011, 02:41:05 PM »
I believe in gh15
He is the GOD of hormones while Jesus was only the son of God.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
Who created God?

god is a term for  "the creator"- an eternal, supernatural entity. your question makes no sense when you take that into account.  

If we can't answer that question, then we can't answer who created the universe.  So if we can say nobody created God, then we can say nobody created the universe. It is eternal.  If God can be eternal, why can't the universe?  Who is to say that anything needs a maker?  Just because humans need a maker to help understand why we are here, doesn't mean the universe or God for that matter needs a maker.

absolutely. eternal universe or eternal god. there are only two options. and both are possibilities.

What troubles me is that most people believe in God but don't believe in alien beings from another planet.  There is more proof of aliens from another planet than there is of God.

theres no proof for either..  but i get your point.

We are all made of the same material as everything else in the cosmos, therefor WE may be Gods or God may be hydrogen or carbon.  Anything in existence is made of the same stuff at the smallest level, science has already proved this, so debating who made the universe is illogical.

this doesnt follow. "god" is a term for something transcendant of the universe. the arguments for god are based on where the universe itself came from. the universe can not come from itself.. it is either eternal or created by something outside of itself.

Also, I'm agnostic.  There may be a God, but we know nothing of him and from a pure intelligence point of view he does not exist.  We can "think" we know he is there but we simply do not have any proof he is or what he is.

your middle sentence doesnt follow. if he exists, then he exists. if he doesnt, he doesnt. theres no middle ground. but your agnostic viewpoint is a good one- the only honest one.

Believing in something doesn't make it real, like the Easter bunny.  Having faith in something makes you feel good, but i do not judge people based on their faith, i believe in free will.  I simply cannot fathom a puppet in the sky known as God who sent his only son to this planet to die for us.  I have studied way too much science to believe any of that nonsense.

free will - if its real, we are transcendant beings.. not simply biological organisms. if you dont understand why i am more than happy to elaborate. for this reason free will indicates god. but free will is not a fact.  you connecting god to jesus shows a lack of opn mindedness.  jesus may not have existed, but that does not indicate anything about gods existence.  studying science doesnt do anything to disprove god either. as you said before.. we dont know if god exists or if he doesnt. certain scientific principles, like that of causality, do seem to indicate a necessary creator however.

again, lack of open mindedness. if god exists.. he exists. no amount of false stories made up by man can change that fact. but he may not.  

8)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2011, 02:55:37 PM »
Almost as clairvoyant as Sev!  ;D

I am a God

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »
btw, If Nic Cage delivered those lines the same way, he would be accused of "doing that "Nic Cage" thing he does" or "overacting"

Alec Baldwin gets away with this shit all the time

Not saying that he overacted....but it is a bit schmaltzy at times

Xerxes

« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »
btw, If Nic Cage delivered those lines the same way, he would be accused of "doing that "Nic Cage" thing he does" or "overacting"

Nic Cage is uglier thats why

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2011, 03:08:03 PM »

Because for some reason you can't take Nic Cage seriously , even though he's a fine actor and won an Oscar

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
Nic Cage is uglier thats why

i think cage had that "Adrian Brody" thing going on before Adrian Brody ever did it

Because for some reason you can't take Nic Cage seriously ,

This.........oh, and the fact that the Jews that run hollywood hates Guineas

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2011, 03:12:01 PM »
i think cage had that "Adrian Brody" thing going on before Adrian Brody ever did it

Because for some reason you can't take Nic Cage seriously ,

Great call

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2011, 03:13:11 PM »
i see what you did there

Xerxes

« Reply #263 on: October 25, 2011, 03:16:27 PM »

they are both studs, got the "interesting handsome" thing going on, but baldwin however probably showered in pussy before his fame

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: October 25, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »
Baldwin is interesting because the guy got fat and old AND STILL IS SEXY

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
That's some Austin Powers turf there.

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
Yeah people from the deep-south had that religion forced onto them by their slave owners , who actually used the bible as proof that slavery was justifiable , it offered them hope that the afterlife would be better than what they were forced to do in this one.

Links to this as I'm curious? I tend to believe a majority of the people in the South believe in religion in some form whether black,white, etc. Now whether it came from cultural norms or where I'm not too sure. I grew up going to church but always questioned religion and 'faith' for many years.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »
Who created God?

Agnosticism as you describe it is a ridiculous concept.

If to be agnostic is to say' well maybe there is a 'god' maybe there isn't it- is impossible for me to know' and  not qualify it further then that is the same as me saying 'well maybe there is a green unicorn living in Pluto maybe there isn't -it is impossible for me to know''

From everything we know there is no reason to believe that there is a green unicorn living in Pluto and everyone will immediately disregard it as an crazy idea whose likelihood is extremely low. The same applies to a 'god' as most western people would think of it - it is just that people are so familiarized with the idea that they don't spot how crazy the idea really is

So what one can say is that 'I can't prove that there is no 'god' as most western people would think of it but from what we know it is very unlikely'- like  the unicorn in Pluto

If that is being agnostic then I am agnostic

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2011, 03:32:03 PM »
Agnosticism as you describe it is a ridiculous concept.

If to be agnostic is to say' well maybe there is a 'god' maybe there isn't it- is impossible for me to know' and  not qualify it further then that is the same as me saying 'well maybe there is a green unicorn living in Pluto maybe there isn't -it is impossible for me to know''

From everything we know there is no reason to believe that there is a green unicorn living in Pluto and everyone will immediately disregard it as an crazy idea whose likelihood is extremely low. The same applies to a 'god' as most western people would think of it - it is just that people are so familiarized with the idea that they don't spot how crazy the idea really is

So what one can say is that 'I can't prove that there is no 'god' as most western people would think of it but from what we know it is very unlikely'- like  the unicorn in Pluto

If that is being agnostic then I am agnostic

what we know of the conditions on pluto makes life there extremely unlikely... nothing we know about the universe makes god unlikely. sorry, your argument fails.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #269 on: October 25, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »
what we know of the conditions on pluto makes life there extremely unlikely... nothing we know about the universe makes god unlikely. sorry, your argument fails.

you mean an unimaginable  powerful/knowing/etc etc god as imagined by people like you ??

that concept is obviously more unlikely that the temperature in pluto being a draw back for the existence of said unicorn. do you know anything about unicorn physiology that i don't?

just try to think how weird the idea of god would be to you if you never heard of it. give it an honest try. obviously neither you or me can really get to that point due to cultural 'pollution' but remember that for example japanese people have no need for religion or god as you conceive it 

your god is the product of the ideosyncrasies that surround you. If you grew up in saudi arabia you we d going around shouting allah allah- if you were born an Australian aboriginal fuck knows what u would believe

open your eyes to the smallness of your imagination

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »
We are all just random occurances of the universe. When we die, we die. Nothing more to come.

Why is this so troubling for so many? Are you truly this egocentric?! Your existence doesn't matter a hill of beans. But why give a shit? Do folks need to feel their life means something? It doesn't. Just do what you want, and if you cross the line with someone and get your ass handed to you, that's the way it is.

In the purest sense, there is no right and wrong. The universe doesn't care what you do. Only you can care what you do.

I am consistently amazed with all the believers who are SO frightened and conceited that they'll not consider just how much of a massive load of crap all this religion bullshit truly is.

The absurdity of believing in bearded men in the sky and some dude walking around saying he is the son of "god" ... and then people falling for the horseshit is staggering to the concept of reality and reason.

I love the people who suggest those of us who do not believe "don't have proof that he doesn't exist". REALLY?! Is it not obvious how plain stupid this is?

There's no one out there (well, likely there are other life forms) fitting any description of a god. Praying is wasting one's time. You'd be just as served praying to your stove.

I am mortified with the state of my species, as it exists in the year 2011. Such weakness and susceptibility to fairy tales and fear of their own mortality.

Get over yourselves.

You have been brainwashed and will believe whatever satisifies your cowardess and apprehension about death.

Flakes, all.

This is a very irrational way of thinking very close minded and not at all logical. In fact your post is full of emotions not logical thinking, indeed your way of thinking has to be right? and everyone else is stupid right?

The origins of humanity is mind boggling in every way conceivable. We know nothing from a logical perspective there is absolutely no rational answere to the beginning of time, what was before time?, where did matter come from? if the universe is everything and it is expanding, what is it expanding into. Is it a finite universe, because if it is then that makes absolutely no sense because at the edge of the finite; what is after it and if it isn't finite if it goes on forever then that doesn't make sense either. Nothing can be explain in a logical manner no matter what, man have tried far greater then you throughout humanity and all of come short, man smarter then you have believed in a creator and men smarter then me have believed in random chance so stop acting like a child and claim you have the answeres and everyone who believes in something that you don't is stupid cause your brain is not capable of having definative answeres in these matters anyway.

The very word infinity has driven people mad throughout the ages and infinity apllies to your belief and my belief therefore both concepts are a matter of faith. I don't think your stupid for believing in random chance but my brain is telling me it isn't right, no hard feeling, right? :)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #271 on: October 25, 2011, 06:57:45 PM »
electricity ? dark matter ? where did those things come from? what causes them to act in such a way to sustain the universe ?
go see-saw on some dudes cock already!  You think you know the answer to everything.  Funny how a cock goblin such as yourself would think that he has a prayer of going to heaven.

Stavios

« Reply #272 on: October 25, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »
 8)

Stavios

« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2011, 07:41:35 PM »
Wow, I didn't know getbig was so full of Atheists..........

does being an atheist make me a bad person anymore than I would be if I was christian ?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #274 on: October 25, 2011, 07:46:29 PM »
does being an atheist make me a bad person anymore than I would be if I was christian ?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D