Author Topic: Kranks Log  (Read 170592 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Kranks Log
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2013, 12:14:42 AM »
Hey krank, whats your training philosophy? Do you train for strength? Any sample week routine? Meanwhile, im gonna browse previous pages of the log.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2013, 04:56:41 AM »
Meso,

The previous page had the training for the last week.  I am probably going to do that for every week from here on out.  Probably not as .jpg but as a pdf.  Anyway, my philosophy now is different than when I was bodybuilding.  Are you referring to my training now or then?  Here is a link to a version of the PHAT training that Layne Norton likes.  I modified it somewhat:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=465905.msg6702797#msg6702797

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: April 13, 2013, 06:28:52 AM »
4/9

Olympic
Snatch Deadlift + Low Hang Snatch - 7x2 (1+1) (r:60s) : 115x2, 2, 135x2, 1, 115x2, 2, 2
Snatch First Pull - 7x3 (r:60s) : 185x3, 225x3, 3
Snatch Grip Shoulder Press - 3x5 (r60s) : 65x5, 5, 5

Strength
ME T2B - 3 sets (r:60s) : 10, 7, 6
Reverse Hyper Extension - 3 x 10 (r:60s) : 10, 10, 10

Conditioning

Comments
- Today was a complete waste.  I should not have come in.  I was feeling like shit already from the last two nights of not sleeping.  Body was run down.  I had major SI joint pain which made doing the snatches ABSOLUTELY miserable.  I mailed it in on the 'strength' part of the workout. 

Notes
- When you see a x(y + z) that means you will do a total of 'x' reps that are made up of y + z.  Y & Z refer to the first and second exercise.  Ex: 3(1+1) will mean the set will be 3 reps, and each rep is made up of 1 rep of both exercises
- When you see a x+y only, that means do x reps of first exercise, then do y reps of second exercise.  EX: 3+1 will mean that the set will be 3 reps of first exercise, then immediately do 1 rep of second exercise.
- AMRAP = means either As Many Rounds As Possible (when listed with a time), or As Many Reps As Possible (when listed with a number)
- EMOM = Every minute on the minute.  Look at number of sets and thats how many minutes the timer is set for.
- K2E = knees to elbows crunch
- C2B = chest to bar with a pullup
- UB = unbroken; once you stop the set is 'broken'
- SDHP = Sumo deadlift high pull
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: April 13, 2013, 06:33:04 AM »
4/10 - 4/11

Sick

4/12

Olympic

Strength
Deadlift - 7x2 80% 1rm (r:60s) - 385 x 2 (all sets)
Bench Press - 7x3 75% 1rm (r:60s) - 225 x 3 (all sets)
Pullup w/ tempo - 3x5 (33x, r:60s) : +5# x 5, 4, BW x 4
GHR - 3 x 10 (r:60s) : BW x 10, 10, 10

Conditioning

Comments
- I Just took last week Friday's workout and scaled it back a little.  I had only about 50% of the motivation to train.  By the time I got done I was happy I went through with it.  I did go through the workout at a slower pace between exercises.  I would have had this stuff all done in about 30 - 40 mins.  This took me about an hour.  I will pick up the intensity tomorrow.

Notes
- When you see a x(y + z) that means you will do a total of 'x' reps that are made up of y + z.  Y & Z refer to the first and second exercise.  Ex: 3(1+1) will mean the set will be 3 reps, and each rep is made up of 1 rep of both exercises
- When you see a x+y only, that means do x reps of first exercise, then do y reps of second exercise.  EX: 3+1 will mean that the set will be 3 reps of first exercise, then immediately do 1 rep of second exercise.
- AMRAP = means either As Many Rounds As Possible (when listed with a time), or As Many Reps As Possible (when listed with a number)
- EMOM = Every minute on the minute.  Look at number of sets and thats how many minutes the timer is set for.
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: April 13, 2013, 12:48:44 PM »
4/13

Olympic
5 Attempts to find 1RM for :

'Bear Complex'
Clean - 1 rep
Front Squat - 3 reps
Jerk - 1 rep
Back Squat - 3 reps
BTN Jerk - 1 rep

1rm = 185#

Strength

Conditioning
3 Rounds for time

9 Kipping pullups
7 Power cleans - 135#

Time = 6:44

500m Row = 1:30 PR

Comments
- The bar complex is done like this : once you clean the bar, the bar can not touch the ground until you do another clean.  So, the way you do this is : do a full clean, keep bar on shoulders (front rack) and do the 3 front squats, then do a jerk, lower bar down behind neck and do 3 back squats, then do another jerk from behind the neck.
- I got another PR with the rowing.  I am not sure I will get it down to 1:25.  That 1:30 takes so much out of you.  I was panting for about 10 mins afterwards.  Hopefully I didn't fuck myself by doing all this right after being sick.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: April 17, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »
This is what my current week will look like:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/412030/Wk-3-pdf.html

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: April 17, 2013, 05:28:12 AM »
4/15

Olympic
Snatch Deadlift + Low hang snatch (1" off floor) - 7x2 (1+1) (r:60s) : 95x2, 2, 115x2, 2, 2, 125x2, 135x1
Snatch First Pull - 3x3 (r:60s) - 225x3, 3, 3
Snatch Grip Push Press - 3x5 (r:60s) - 65x6, 85x5, 105x5

Strength
T2B - 3xME (r:60s) - 10, 8, 6
Reverse Hyperextension - 3x10 (r:60s) - 10, 10, 10

Conditioning

2 Rounds for reps:

1Min Rope pull - Lv.4
-then-
a) 7 Hanging Snatches 95#
b) 14 HSPU
c) 50 Rope jumps

Round #1 : 146', 1+b (12 of them)
Round #2 : 141', 1+b (6 of them)

Finish off with another 1 min Rope Lv 4. : 148'

Comments
- First off I had to do this workout at 8:30 pm.  I HATE training that late.  Thanks to a good friend, I actually worked out.  The day was shitty and I was just going to go home and say 'fuck it'. 
- I realized I was doing the snatch grip push presses wrong.  I was doing them in front of the neck.  Um, dipshit you are supposed to hold the bar as if in squat position and do a push press.  Much easier.
- The conditioning with the rope was supposed to be climb the 15' rope as many times as possible, but we don't have that so I went to the rope machine we have (pictured earlier in this thread) and just did it for a minute and recorded overall distance.
- I used wrist STRAPS for the hanging snatches.  I started out with 135#.  Nope.  Too heavy
- The conditioning called for double unders....that will have to be changed.  LOL

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: April 17, 2013, 05:35:19 AM »
4/16

Olympic
Clean Deadlift + Low hang clean (1" off floor) + jerk - 7x2 (1+1+1) (r:60s) : 115x2, 2, 135x2, 2, 2, 155x2, 2

Strength
Push Press - 3x5 (r:60s) : 135x5, 5, 155x5
Pendlay Row - 3x5 (r:60s) : 205x5, 5, 5
Squat - 3x5 (r:2min) 75%1rm : 280 x 5, 5, 5
Squat - 3x3 (r:2min) 85%1rm : 315 x 3, 3, 3
Front Squat - 5x2 (r:90s) pause 5 sec in hole : 135x2, 2, 155x2, 2, 165x2

Conditioning
2 Rounds for time

Run 400m
-then-
5 Rounds of
a) 5 Pullups
b) 10 Push ups
c) 15 Squats

Time : 17:38

Run another 400m

Comments
- I didn't get into the gym until about 11:30am.  I was still a little trashed from yesterday.  So damn beat up
- I HATE FRONT SQUATS.  All I need to say
- Oh, and I also hate running.  Enough said

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: April 17, 2013, 05:36:13 AM »
4/17

Rest Day

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: April 17, 2013, 09:18:17 PM »
In case there are those that want them...

Week #1 : http://www.filedropper.com/week1

Week #2 : http://www.filedropper.com/week2

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2013, 04:24:01 AM »
4/18

Olympic
Snatch from blocks (just above knees) - 5x2 (r:60s) : 115x2, 2, 125x2, 2, 2, 1
Clean from blocks (just about knees) - 5x2 (r:60s) : 125x2, 135x2, 155x2, 2, 165x2

Strength

Conditioning
7min AMRAP

8 Push Jerk 135#
10 T2B
40 Rope Jumps

Rounds : 3

-then-

1 Min AMRAP
UB Hang Power Cleans #135

Reps : 11

Comments
- The stuff from the blocks does not seem difficult at first, but you really have to generate a lot of speed to do it right.
- The conditioning really did wipe me out.  I used straps for the hang power cleans.  I knew there was no way my hands woudl survive nor would my grip

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2013, 04:36:23 AM »
4/19

Olympic

Strength
Top Pull Deadlift - 5x2 @ 90% (r:60s) : 405x2, 2, 2, 2, 2
Bench w/ bands - 5x3 @ 55% Bar + 25%band (r:60s) : 165x3, 3, 3, 3, 3
UH Pullups w/ tempo - 3x5 (33x) (r:60s) : +10x5, 5, 4
GHR - 3x10 (r:60s) : 10, 7, 4

Conditioning

Done for total time -
30 KB Swing - 30#
30 Wall Ball - 20#
30 C2B
Row 1K
20 KB Swing - 30#
20 Wall Ball - 20#
20 C2B

Time : 18:55

Comments
- The deads aren't too bad, just awkward starting from off the rack, then having to re-rack at the end
- I HATE benching.  It wasn't too bad, but it really felt like shit on the left shoulder.  I don't know if I used the wrong bands or just the instability of the bands but my AC joint felt like shit afterwards
- UH Pull ups after benching was not too fun
- I have no idea what happened on the GHR.  I had nothing left in my hamstrings.  I don't think the deads killed it for me.
- In the conditioning the pull ups sucked.  I had to break the first one up like this - 10, 5, 5, 4, 2, 2, 2.  The second 20 went like this - 5, 5, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1.  I had nothing left in me.
- I did learn a valuable lesson.  Don't have a coffee in the morning, then a monster drink before you THINK you are going to workout along with your pre-workout meal with carbs, then NOT go workout, not have any carbs before you train 7hrs later coming off the stimulant buzz.  

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2013, 05:29:19 AM »
4/20

Olympic
5 Attempts to find 1RM for :
'Bear Complex'
Clean - 1 rep
Front Squat - 3 reps
Jerk - 1 rep
Back Squat - 3 reps
BTN Jerk - 1 rep

1rm = 195

Strength

Conditioning
3 Rounds for time:
9 Muscle Ups
7 Snatch (full) #115

Time : 14:55

Comments
- The complex is done without setting the bar down from start to finish.  
- I did the same workout for the Olympic because of being sick last week.  I did fuck up a little on going from the first jerk to the back squat.  I lost focus on where the bar was and lost control bringing it down.  I rounded my lower back when catching it as the bar came down almost on the bottom of my neck.  Just became to aprehensive on dropping it down and 'catching' it with what they call 'soft knees'
- The conditioning is what last saturdays SHOULD have been.  I was beat up after this.  The workout called for 85% of my 1rm for the snatch.  That would have been 135#, but in doing the first two...I would have been there for 20mins+

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »
4/21

Rest Day

Did some double under work at the gym.  I can get 5 in a row and I go to shit.  Well, here is the following weeks workouts:

http://www.filedropper.com/week4

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: April 22, 2013, 10:30:02 PM »
Just letting you know I am still following your training log Krank. Even if I am quiet I am still here.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2013, 04:27:36 AM »
I expect you to be doing it too!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2013, 04:35:34 AM »
4/22

Olympic
Low Hang Snatch (1" off floor) - 5x3 (r:60s) : 115x3, 3, 135x3, 3, 2
Snatch First Pulls + Hang Snatch Pulls - 3x3(1+1) (r:60s) : 135x3, 155x3, 3
Snatch Grip Push Press + OHS - 3x3 (1+1) (r:60s) : 95x3, 115x3, 125x3

Strength
GHD - 3x20 (r:60s) : 20, 20, 20
"Nose & Toes" Handstand Hold - DNP

Conditioning
For time:

60 Rope Jumps
3 Power Cleans @ 155#
30 Wall Balls 20#
6 Power Cleans @ 155#
15 T2B
9 Power Cleans @ 155#
15 T2B
6 Power Cleans @ 155#
30 Wall Balls 20#
3 Power Cleans @ 155#
60 Rope Jumps

Time = 13:02

Comments
- Snatch First Pulls are done like this : Pause for 3 counts at the top of the first pull. Then, from the hang position (end of the first pull), perform a snatch pull.
- With the Snatch grip push press I was a little apprehensive again about dropping the weight down to the back of the shoulders.  Luckily I didn't turn myself into an accordian
- I did not do the handstand holds.  I was feeling very beat up and knew that my low back was not going to feel good.
- Again, the rope jumps SHOULD have been double unders.  We know how long that would have taken with my skill set at this point.
- The programming called for 185# for the power cleans.  I had to scale it back for myself.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2013, 04:46:38 AM »
4/23

Olympic
Low Hang Clean + Jerk - 5x3+1 (r:60s) : 135x3, 3, 145x3, 3, 155x3

Strength
Push Press - 3x3 (r:60s) : 155x3, 165x3, 3
Pendlay Row - 3x5 (r:60s) : 205x5, 225x 4, 3
Squat - 1X5 @ 70%, 1X5 @ 75%, 1X3 @ 80%, 1X3 @ 85%, 3X2 @ 90% (r:1-2m) : 260x5, 280x5, 300x3, 315x3, 335x2, 2, 1

Conditioning
For time:

50 Burpees
20 Front Squats 155#
50 Burpees

Notes: Fronts Squats must be taken from the floor.

Time : 15:40

Comments
- I will say that I am not a fan of the low hang olympic movements.  I would rather do them off the floor.
- The squats didn't feel real good.  The low back was the factor.  I had almost nothing left for the last set at 90%
- I scaled the front squats.  They were supposed to be 70% of 1rm.  I would have been there all day.  My reps for them even scaled went like this : 5, 3 (poor grip), 7 (took a bit of rest), 5
- I will say that it is NOT a good thing to laugh during the burpees.  My buddy was there to 'count' them and as slow as I was going he said "damn, I better not fall asleep"

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2013, 05:00:12 AM »
I expect you to be doing it too!
Oh  ;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2013, 08:22:56 PM »
4/25

Olympic
High Hang Snatch - 7x1 (r:60s) : 105x1, 1, 120x1, 1, 1, 125x1, 1
High Hang Clean & Jerk - 7x1+1 (r:60s) : 125x1, 1, 135x1, 1, 145x1, 1, 165x1

Strength

Conditioning
7 Rounds for total time

100m Shuttle run (10m distances)
14 KB Snatch (7/arm) - 25# dumbell
14 C2B Pullups

Rest 1:1

Total Time : 23:09

Comments
- The "rest 1:1" means that you rest as long as it took you to do the round.  The shuttle runs got done at a somewhat slow pace because my hanstrings were toast from the olympic work.  Each one was about 0:34sec.  The other bitch was the pullups.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
4/26

Olympic

Strength
Top Pull Deadlifts -  2X3 @ 75%, 2X2 @ 80%, 3X1 @ 95% (r:60s up to 80% / 2mins for 95%) : 335x3, 3, 360x2, 2, 425x1, 1, 1
Bench w/ Bands - 60% 1rm bar + 25% 1rm bands 7x3 (r:60s) : 180x3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
Strict Pullups - 3 x ME (r:60s) : 10, 7, 5
GHR - 3x10 (tempo - 50x) (r:60s) : 8, 4, 3

Conditioning
5 minute AMRAP of:

a. 5 Bar Muscle-Ups
b. 15 Over-the-Box Jumps 20″ (no touch on top)

*Rest 1 minute.

2 minute AMRAP of:

Ring Dips

Part #1 - 2 + a(3)
Part #2 - 25

Comments
- Doing the pullups yesterday then the benching today had my shoulders aching.  Not sure how smart it was doing them both back to back.
- I had NOTHING for the muscle ups.  I could not get the kip up to pushing myself up.  The box jumps sucked as well.
- I will say it again, and again, and again....I HATE benching.  My left shoulder did not like the benching.  Especially the bands.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2013, 08:38:02 PM »
4/27

Olympic
20 Mins to find 1rm Snatch - 170# - PR
20 Mins to find 1rm Clean dn Jerk - 220# - PR

Strength
Front Squats - 1X5 @ 70%, 1X5 @ 75%, 1X3 @ 80%, 1X3 @ 85%, 3X2 @ 90% (r:1-2 min) : 190x5, 205x5, 220x3, 230x3, 245x2, 2, 2

Conditioning
For Time:

9 KB Thrusters - 35#/ hand
9 K2E
500m Row
18 KB Thrusters - 35#/hand
18 K2E
500m Row
9 KB Thrusters - 35#/hand
9 K2E

Time : 7:22

Comments
- Holy shit...I can't believe how much the olympic stuff is going up.  I was hoping for 175# on snatch, but I will take another 10# on each from last time. 
- I received my Rehband knee sleeves.  They kept my knees SUPER warm during the olympic lifts.  The front squats still fucked with my left knee.  I hate them SOOOO much

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »
4/28

- Worked on Double unders.  Managed 8 in a row.  Mentally you just start losing the timing.

- Swam 1500yds (broke up up into some 50's and some 100's because of number of people in a lane)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: April 30, 2013, 11:34:36 AM »
Sorry..forgot to upload Week #5

http://www.filedropper.com/week5

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2013, 09:10:36 PM »
4/29

Olympic
Snatch First Pull + Hang Snatch - 7x2 (1+1) (r:60s) : 115x2, 2, 125x2, 135x1, 2, 2, 140x2
Hanging Snatch High Pull - 3x5 (r:60s) : 115x5, 5, 135x5
Snatch grip push press + OHS - 3x3 (1+1) (r:60s) : 135x3, 3, 3

Strength
T2B - 3xME (r:60s) : 12, 10, 8

Conditioning
3 rounds for total working time of:

Run 400m
25 Wall Balls 20#

Time : 15:16

Comments
- The first olympic movement is performed like this : a pull to the knees (i.e. First Pull), a 3 second pause at the knees, then a Snatch from the hang position (at the knees)
- The running SUCKED.  I hate running so much.  My ankles were beat to hell from yesterdays rope jumping. 

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort