Author Topic: My friend seems to be happiest in his "forever alone/single" life  (Read 41943 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: My friend seems to be happiest in his "forever alone/single" life
« Reply #325 on: May 31, 2015, 02:14:12 PM »
Damn shit got real...

Been getting real for centuries. People are desperate to convince you their way is the right way. While some of us try to convey the fact that there's no 'right' way. Only the way that makes YOU happy.

I don't give a fuck if Local Hero needs 380 kids to give meaning to his life or Shizzo needs the bottle to do the same. As long as they're truly happy, I'm pleased for them

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:23 PM »
people who dont have/want kids are nihilists at the core, period.

Those who have them never thought about life and its meaning. They re just blindly following a bestial instinct whatever the way they sugarcoat it, "explain" it. There s nothing to explain, all animals reproduce automatically.

I like your positive outlook.  :D
Kids are awesome with the right partner, but it's a very delicate eco system which enables the undergoing to be successful.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2015, 02:28:38 PM »
who am i to say what makes people happy.., im just stating the fact every single bloke i know who never settled down went on to live a sad existance, im talking normal working men here

not all marriages work out, some families get ripped up and cause bitterness... but even in the case of families braking up, you still have family and kids you love

i worked along side alot of ex merchant seamen, service engineers etc who were too busy fucking around the world, having a fun time... then all of a sudden, they were middle aged, had no hopes for the future , lived for work and when they speak honestly with you they have alot of regrets

im just stating the facts as ive encountered them

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #328 on: May 31, 2015, 07:07:09 PM »
You are not  Jobs ,Tesla or Gates , you won't develop vaccines or products that literally change the course of civilization, you don't/won't have kids .
Basically you are a waste of space , please die.

;D I will soon enough and so will you having contributed nothing to the world of any lasting value. Alas it is the fate of the vast majority to pass on and be completely forgotten.

Its hard to come to terms with the fact that your life and that of your progeny, mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just think of the billions of humans who have lived and died.

Just do what makes you happy, without hurting somebody else.... and dont assume that the things that make you happy apply to anybody else except you.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #329 on: May 31, 2015, 07:08:42 PM »
Damn shit got real...

I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: May 31, 2015, 07:56:17 PM »
Man that is so bleak and sad, but absolutely fucking true. Really puts shit into a different perspective. Im actually internally struggling with the greatness thing, as I never will. Im the 99 percent and as i get older, making money and this trivial existence of "career success", spending on clothes and nice cars and consumeristic BS just seems so fucking pointless and dull

Everyone makes choices they will question as time passes.

I just want to say that the choice to love someone else besides yourself can be really difficult at times. I know this from personal experience. It seems to me that regardless of how we decide to conduct our lives, there will be misery, suffering and emotionally painful times. When those times come, those of us who have been blessed to have someone by our side, often have a richer and fuller life, but not always.

As you point out, consumerism can only temporarily make you feel happy. In the end, all that stuff you've acquired is just stuff that will probably end up in a garage sale or an estate sale going for pennies on the dollar. Clearly they do not make us richer in a meaningful way.

Relationships often stay with us and support us until the end of our lives. This leads me to believe relationships are more valuable then anything we can buy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: May 31, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »
You are not  Jobs ,Tesla or Gates , you won't develop vaccines or products that literally change the course of civilization, you don't/won't have kids .
Basically you are a waste of space , please die.

Don't you suppose this is rather harsh?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: May 31, 2015, 07:59:53 PM »
Jobs and Gates both had/have children.....So the thought behind your basic premise is wrong in most aspects.

You make an excellent point. Family and success are not mutually exclusive.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2015, 12:24:59 AM »

i was about to post more or less the same thing.......... no one on this site has ever or will ever achieve anything significant, people with that intellect will never grace a gossip and opinions bodybuilding board, so your point is?

All the anti family bullshit will always sound cool, just as the fellas who have long term gf's will always try and justify not getting married with similar shite about not needing a piece of paper

your not being alpha, your being a total homo who needs a reality check to snap out of the peter pan syndrome..

as i said, i fucked loads of hot women before i settled down, but even mid 20's i was getting sick of the clubbing/pulling scene... and we all used to look at the 35+ blokes still trying to be cool and snigger.... 40+ no kids, no woman, its sad as fuck... no matter what toys or whatever you buy to try and make up for it

Its not jealousy either , most of those blokes will have some very dark depressing times sitting alone, the suicide rate for men in their 30's, single, alone is very high... and most of those lads were supposabley living the life
You really haven't thought this thing through, have you?  In a world bursting at the seams with over 7 billion people on it and increasing rapidly stretching resources to the limit to the point that over 21,000 people die each day from starvation, do you really think it the wisest suggestion to encourage semi-literate retards like yourself to pump out kids left, right and centre all so they can overcome their feelings of insignificance and feed their fragile egos.  Yeah, that's just what the world needs right now. Oh Brother!  ::)
V

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2015, 03:50:51 AM »
You really haven't thought this thing through, have you?  In a world bursting at the seams with over 7 billion people on it and increasing rapidly stretching resources to the limit to the point that over 21,000 people die each day from starvation, do you really think it the wisest suggestion to encourage semi-literate retards like yourself to pump out kids left, right and centre all so they can overcome their feelings of insignificance and feed their fragile egos.  Yeah, that's just what the world needs right now. Oh Brother!  ::)

I also agree with this, its just so hard to not feel like your mini universe revolves around you. But as far as over population you are spot on.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2015, 04:16:43 AM »
who am i to say what makes people happy.., im just stating the fact every single bloke i know who never settled down went on to live a sad existance, im talking normal working men here

not all marriages work out, some families get ripped up and cause bitterness... but even in the case of families braking up, you still have family and kids you love

i worked along side alot of ex merchant seamen, service engineers etc who were too busy fucking around the world, having a fun time... then all of a sudden, they were middle aged, had no hopes for the future , lived for work and when they speak honestly with you they have alot of regrets

im just stating the facts as ive encountered them

Far sadder are the existences of these countless men who get divorced at 50 and drink themselves to death while thinking about "what could've been".

Once again - make money, not kids, it will be a middle ground, and one will be able to impregnate a young female at 60 with no issues. Everything else - desperation/fear/animalness.

James28 and naturalman killing it in this thread. Not many like to hear the cold truth tho'..

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2015, 05:17:26 AM »

Good luck having a woman that is worth having and trying to convince her with your 'theory', no decent woman will stick around, have fun having christmass dinner on your own safe in knowledge that you aren't adding to the starving population... Oh brother

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2015, 05:22:49 AM »

Good luck having a woman that is worth having and trying to convince her with your 'theory', no decent woman will stick around, have fun having christmass dinner on your own safe in knowledge that you aren't adding to the starving population... Oh brother

My family doesn't have christmass dinners as we are not religious. Doesn't sound like a huge loss.
Tho' it's pretty strange that some automatically assume that being not married is equal to not having a companionship. From these people experiences that I know personally and who are exactly like that (divorced or not married at age over 40) - every single of them have a partner if they want to, when they want to. I guess it helps being intelligent, fit and with some money, at whatever age  ::) And for males it becomes a joke (to find a female) if one is looking at 35-40 age range. If you are a decent lad - no competition for you, just take whatever you want and then take some more, choose from 5-10-15 years younger, everything goes for females who are 35 or older..  (and no harrassement about kids, if you are not into that stuff, as they have their own already). Sounds too good to be true? Well... it is real, deal with it.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2015, 05:37:36 AM »
LOL @ everyone trying to convince each other (or themselves) that their choice of lifestyle is superior. :D
Who gives a fuck. Just do what makes you happy.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2015, 06:31:47 AM »
LOL @ everyone trying to convince each other (or themselves) that their choice of lifestyle is superior. :D
Who gives a fuck. Just do what makes you happy.

Agreed.

I think people feel they need to justify their actions.

People seem to want to create a whole philosophy out of why they do what they do & why other people do something different.

Like I said - I got married & had kids 'cause I wanted to.

It's not fucking rocket science. Just do what you want. Don't worry about what other people do.

Some people like getting pounded in the ass by a 300lb muscle bear - doesn't mean you have to do it too.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2015, 06:40:08 AM »

Some people like getting pounded in the ass by a 300lb muscle bear - doesn't mean you have to do it too.

One should at least try it imNOhoMO.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2015, 06:51:51 AM »
Thanks bro, do u ever think maybe u made the wrong choice though? Doubts?

Nope, 100% sure I made the right call.
Today, I'm 56 and enjoy a relaxed comfortable life with my lovely wife who never had 'em either.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2015, 06:54:20 AM »
Then let women fall in love with you(r money, your genes)  then dump them when they ask you to have a kid with them.
Women are the coldest, most brutal animals there is on earth. Exactly the oposite of what they pretend to be actually.

Not all woman are like that, but plenty are.
I refused to cave when my 1st 2 wives wanted kids AFTER we had married a agreed not to, going in.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2015, 06:55:52 AM »
This is a sad post.  Imho the right one will make u the wrong one will break you. I do agree if you have kids with the wrong woman it will ruin your life and $. I also believe if you have kids with the right one it will have a very positive effect on your life. Men should also wait till their 30s before even thinking about kids get all the playing out and get your $ right 1st.

Good thoughtful post.
I never wanted kids, but some men do.
It's a good idea to wait until maturity if you decide on being a parent.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2015, 06:58:03 AM »
Then it doesn't and that is fine too. Life is not a "one size fits all" kind of situation. The sooner people adopt this idea and stop imposing their beliefs on others, the better off will all of us will be.

BINGO!!!!  x 1,000,000  ;)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2015, 07:02:48 AM »
You get to your 40's , 50's and you have no kids by choice youve failed at life, no good woman will put up with that shit, youl have fun times sitting on your own at christmass etc, drift from stupid woman to woman.. Sounds realy great....

It sounds great in your 20's, perhaps early 30's, after that your a fucking looser, and only the real weirdos on here will back you up

Thong maniac, just let it happen naturaly, no body is ever ready for kids, but if you have stable home, money that's all that's needed, just grow up, kids will put all the trivial shit you think is important into perspective in a good way

LOL, yeah, I'm in my 50's and never had kids. According to you, I have no wife, no career and am a lonely loser living in a studio apt with my cat. Guess what...none of THAT happened and I'm happy, married and doing fine.

You sound like a real bitter, stressed out and judgmental person.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2015, 07:06:12 AM »
I can dig it man. The thing thats hard for me is ive always been different and not traditional. I dont know if i will be regretful at 40/50 or if ill be like "fuck yeah! Going to australia for 2 weeks just cuz i fuckin feel like it". Part of me thinks i wont be true to myself if i did have kids because now it sounds dreadful and totally life changing. I enjoy my life now and the "kids" topic is this like stressful hanging entity over me because my wife wants them. I just cant seem to relax and live life because I have this huge decision weighing on me. Its making my early thirties tough mentally. It doesnt help either that almost all of our couple friends are on their first baby now, the odd thing is, some of the women we know who had kids but didnt really want them (thier husbands did), have turned out to be huge unpleasant assholes. Its troublesome
Your inner feelings and observation on having kids are similar to mine and my current wife.
If your own wife doesn't share your feelings, you may have to get divorced.
100% serious here and I had 2x because of the kid issue.

It's not fair to her to NOT have them and you shouldn't be pressured into being a father when you dread the idea.
All any of us can do, is stick to our principles.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2015, 07:08:27 AM »
Newsflash - I had kids because I wanted to have kids.

Some people like them, some people don't.

Pure beta to do stuff because someone else wants it.

well said, good post

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2015, 07:10:27 AM »
you don't get to 33K posts on Getbig with toddlers running around your apartment.

Best reason ever to avoid parenting.
Thread!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2015, 07:14:11 AM »

I actually prefer being alone, especially at Christmas, spending time with my dysfunctional family is traumatic.  I don't get why so many getbiggers are afraid of being alone. I also prefer being a bachelor, so again I prefer it if a woman only sticks around long enough for me to get my fill.  I subscribe to the old school theory that if women didn't have vaginas they would be stacked ten high at the dump.  I am not looking to replace my mother nor do I get much joy out of female companionship unless I am fucking her, which is only desirable for a few months before my loins seek variety and wish to move on.  If you think about it, the men who stay with the same woman for life are the losers in evolutionary terms.  Society may frown on a man who beds many women but that is the best way to maximize his potential for future offspring.  The philandering ladies man that others see as a scoundrel is actually following his true nature.  Hope this helps.
V