Author Topic: Street Fight: 125-lb MMA Fighter vs. 260-lb Bodybuilder/Trainer.  (Read 10356 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Re: Street Fight: 125-lb MMA Fighter vs. 260-lb Bodybuilder/Trainer.
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2023, 09:58:50 AM »
Is there truly a debate about this?

A skilled fighter will most certainly defeat a bodybuilder who is not trained in any form of combat. Size means nothing and moreover becomes a major deterrent when you consider the amount of fatigue that will set in for a big bodybuilder.

Yes, there is such a thing as a puncher's chance, but the guy throwing the punch also has to know to to actually throw (build momentum, use hips, proper timing and how to simply angle your fists) the punch and hope that it lands in the right spot (not every punch landed on the face results with a knockout, hit a guy square on the forehead or top of skull and you'll likely fracture your hand if not wrapped).

I used to like boxing a lot and then a few years ago after a few concussions I realized it's a young man's sport. Now, I enjoy riding my bike and will sometimes do some Jiujitsu but rarely do I ever go to an actual academy to train or spar. Once you cross the age of 40, recovery from an injury takes a while. Once you cross the age of 50, you might recover from an injury, but could have long lasting effects to your range of motion that gets coupled with arthritic pain. Once you cross the age of 60, you might not fully recover from an injury. Once you cross the age of 70, you might die from a simple injury. Fuck that.

"1"

Good post.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2023, 10:04:15 AM »
You should really not punch to the head with bare hands like OMR said.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2023, 11:07:01 AM »
Yeah OK Robocop  just fuck off will ya

You are a pussy Jack. All you do is run your mouth. Please go fuck off.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2023, 11:10:56 AM »
you have training in boxing  - wrestling ?

I did box for a little while. But not what I would call on in a fight. I’ve been in a couple hundred fights and it’s just experience and rage that I would do well in the alley. I’m not saying fighting the fighter in A ring I’m saying in the street with no rules. We have these threads all the time and I could careless if anyone believes what I believe I’m just saying I enjoy fighting and always have. Not the toughest just don’t care.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2023, 11:11:46 AM »
Brian Wood Hankins would ragdoll you, suck your cock, take 5 selfies, and down a couple pieces of French toast before you would even get a single punch off.

Come on Rob, there are highly trained killers on this board who are waiting at home in their wife’s underwear for the next terrorist invasion.

Lmao @ ragdoll,suck your cock and take 5 selfies.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2023, 11:36:07 AM »
I did box for a little while. But not what I would call on in a fight. I’ve been in a couple hundred fights and it’s just experience and rage that I would do well in the alley. I’m not saying fighting the fighter in A ring I’m saying in the street with no rules. We have these threads all the time and I could careless if anyone believes what I believe I’m just saying I enjoy fighting and always have. Not the toughest just don’t care.

I believe you when you say you would take them on in an alley.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2023, 12:38:39 PM »
Brian Wood Hankins would ragdoll you, suck your cock, take 5 selfies, and down a couple pieces of French toast before you would even get a single punch off.

Come on Rob, there are highly trained killers on this board who are waiting at home in their wife’s underwear for the next terrorist invasion.

;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2023, 01:56:59 PM »
Bruce Lee would kick azz.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2023, 02:52:15 PM »

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2023, 03:03:45 PM »
Lmao @ ragdoll,suck your cock and take 5 selfies.

Sorry….got carried away a bit.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2023, 05:08:50 AM »
Great comments!

Bradley speaks like someone who has never done any combat training with a skilled competitor.

I feel like he thinks his advantage over normal people would hold with trained fighters.

Yes - Bradley would waste normal people. I don't doubt that. I also think he would hold up better in a *street fight* against boxers with little to no grappling training.

But the most delusional take was Bradley suggesting he would beat Brendan Shaub in a street fight?  ???

Brendan fought [albeit, lost to] Travis Browne, who is 6'7" and 250-lb. I have no idea where Bradley is getting this level of confidence from. He has every reason to be confident about fighting normal people...but not UFC world beaters.

There are some good breakdowns on this topic on YouTube:

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2023, 05:09:07 AM »
Q

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2023, 06:17:37 AM »

500?...... 500 fights?...that was the number i figured when i was kid... 500 street fights and you con consider yourself a legitimate tough guy.. so i got started................. .... lol great movie scene

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2023, 06:27:18 AM »
500?...... 500 fights?...that was the number i figured when i was kid... 500 street fights and you con consider yourself a legitimate tough guy.. so i got started................. .... lol great movie scene

Dim Weasel!
Q

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2023, 06:30:15 AM »
brian hankins has had 11,000 fights undefeated
B

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2023, 06:57:50 AM »
brian hankins has had 11,000 fights undefeated

Fought his way through numerous public school districts and exclusive prep academies, then defeated Mexicans, gangbangers, petty criminals, enemies of NATO, and serial killers.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2023, 07:10:11 AM »
then sadly chose MMA

and lost 3 on the bounce

a sad ending to a heroic tale of woman beating, lying, drug abuse and cowardice all funded by daddies trust fund
B

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2023, 07:22:39 AM »
You guys act like a 250lbs man has to stand there and box with a smaller faster trained boxer or striker. He doesn't he can just tackle them or pick them up and hit them with the great equalizer the Earth. Go ahead pull some BJJ guard shit on a larger man on concrete you will get power bombed to death. Now can a smaller trained fighter beat a larger opponent sure they can but should we just assume they will because they trained fuck no.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2023, 07:25:41 AM »
Go ahead pull some BJJ guard shit on a larger man on concrete you will get power bombed to death.

I can't do that

There are no larger men
Q

poonhead

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2023, 09:24:46 AM »
Bigro vs bhanks.
Who wins?
Probably bigro

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2023, 09:27:02 AM »
You guys act like a 250lbs man has to stand there and box with a smaller faster trained boxer or striker. He doesn't he can just tackle them or pick them up and hit them with the great equalizer the Earth. Go ahead pull some BJJ guard shit on a larger man on concrete you will get power bombed to death. Now can a smaller trained fighter beat a larger opponent sure they can but should we just assume they will because they trained fuck no.

based on your MMA record we can assume you cant fight...

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2023, 09:30:27 AM »
Bigro vs bhanks.
Who wins?
Probably bigro

Is it a street fight or a timed match with rounds in a cage on a mat and judges with scorecards? Not trying to argue or fight BIGRO but it does make a difference in a controlled environment fighting for judges points the size and strength differential isn't as big of an issue. In a street fight it matters more. No one stands you back up due to inactivity when a larger man takes you down in a street fight they don't pull him off you at the end of a round. MMA is not really fighting it is close but it still has some issues that do not corelate to real life fighting.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2023, 09:54:28 AM »
Is it a street fight or a timed match with rounds in a cage on a mat and judges with scorecards? Not trying to argue or fight BIGRO but it does make a difference in a controlled environment fighting for judges points the size and strength differential isn't as big of an issue. In a street fight it matters more. No one stands you back up due to inactivity when a larger man takes you down in a street fight they don't pull him off you at the end of a round. MMA is not really fighting it is close but it still has some issues that do not corelate to real life fighting.

3 fights, three loses

WTF do you know apart from how to lose....

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2023, 10:04:55 AM »

Very very true.
Too many tap out t shirt warriors think the street is the mma mat

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2023, 10:19:34 AM »