Author Topic: What do YOU like about Natural Bodybuilding? or being a Natural Bodybuilder?  (Read 125187 times)

AVBG

Re: What do YOU like about Natural BB or about being a Nattie?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 01:24:59 PM »
Great thread AVBG  :)

1. Watching the juicers in my gym look over at me when im curling the 72 pounders, knowing that most of them cant

2. Just knowing that every ounce of muscle on my frame is from good old food and puttin up the iron!

3. Being able to go abroad for a week and not worrying that I will lose muscle!!!

Thanks BigC, my fave is #3.. definately.. taking a layoff aint a bigdeal even for two or three weeks.. Also, not worrying about running out of "supplements" or the anxiety of coming to the end of a cycle is  8)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 04:11:50 AM »
Thanks BigC, my fave is #3.. definately.. taking a layoff aint a bigdeal even for two or three weeks.. Also, not worrying about running out of "supplements" or the anxiety of coming to the end of a cycle is  8)

I love no 3 as well.

I think it's so funny when you can actually tell when people get off cycle and shrink down in a week or two.
Being natural is great. No worrying about hair loss, heart and kidney problems, no endless list of medical drugs to combat the sides of other medical drugs to combat the sides of ther medical drugs....  ;D ;D

Plus, you can show the youngsters an the gym that you can look great without having to juice.  ;)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 04:59:20 PM »
I just dont want to know all the scientific drug interactions, and timing of this drug with that drug......Seems like a headache.  I see my friends go on cycle and theyre high on life for awhile, but then theyre freaking out about post cycle gear and bitch tits and losing size.....

I love building the foundation of the house (body) then adding some more on top.

I have alot of muscle from heavylifting and its still there if i miss 3 weeks of training....Thats priceless for peace of mind.

Ive always had acne and a bloated look so people say i use.....its too funny cuz i figure their own mind limits their progress of whats possible.

Steroids are for people who want to much attention too fast, so took the shortcut.  Come off the gear unless your a national level player with true potential......Most of us arent, so whats the use of this rollercoaster of drugs??

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 07:40:09 PM »

I still worrying about losing muscle when training natural. I hate missing workouts. If I took a week or two off I probably wouldn't loose that much muscle but the possibility of losing any is something I don't want to take.
Don't let em fool ya

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 11:52:50 PM »
If I ever did steriods especially in high school I probably would have gotten ridiculously big and ended up looking like an ogar.  The limitations of being natural are just right to make me a magnet for woman so im glad I didnt get to big.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 01:50:13 AM »
I still worrying about losing muscle when training natural. I hate missing workouts. If I took a week or two off I probably wouldn't loose that much muscle but the possibility of losing any is something I don't want to take.

It's all pretty much in the mind, when i take of only one week of training i feel weak and small as the day is long while i prolly haven't lost anything, i need the soreness to feel "big" it's a weird thing.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 01:56:24 AM »
It's all pretty much in the mind, when i take of only one week of training i feel weak and small as the day is long while i prolly haven't lost anything, i need the soreness to feel "big" it's a weird thing.

yeah me too. i love to get sore. it shows me i had a good workout, i also love that it reminds me of the workout i had one or two days ago.  ;D ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 02:33:21 AM »
yeah me too. i love to get sore. it shows me i had a good workout, i also love that it reminds me of the workout i had one or two days ago.  ;D ;D

Exactly, when i'm not as sore from a brutal back workout as i expected to be i'm highly dissapointed ;D

AVBG

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 02:44:32 AM »
Exactly, when i'm not as sore from a brutal back workout as i expected to be i'm highly dissapointed ;D

I know what you mean.. If I am not the slightest sore, I feel like that I may not have worked out hard enough and wasted the workout

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 02:58:19 AM »
I know what you mean.. If I am not the slightest sore, I feel like that I may not have worked out hard enough and wasted the workout

Same here.

It's probably BS, since you have worked out anyways, but being sore afterwards makes the training better in retrospective.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 01:41:14 PM »
Calling natural bodybuilders

NATTIE ot NATTYS

is so gay!

I petition we never call ourselves that ever again!

Who is with me?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2007, 07:57:31 AM »
Calling natural bodybuilders

NATTIE ot NATTYS

is so gay!

I petition we never call ourselves that ever again!

Who is with me?

Make a better suggestion. One that does NOT sound gay. Good luck.
 ;D ;D

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 12:01:38 PM »
Leave it as Naural Bodybuilders

AVBG

Leave it as Naural Bodybuilders

I agree

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
Lets make it "narrow" bodybuilders

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Speak for yourself ;D

DK II

• Getbig V

haha, is that why you're giong to juice??

monster self ownage.

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
My supplement bill is about $120/month.  Since most of my supplements are meal replacements, I actually saving money.  Here's what I use...

1) LaBrada Lean Body Shakes
2) Optimum Nutrition BCAAs
3) Fish Oil
4) Glucosamine with Chondroitin & MSM
5) NOW Glutamine
6) Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey
7) GNC Mega Men Multivitamin
8) Vitargo CGL
* All of these things would be something that a non-natural competitor would use.

What do I like about Natural Bodybuilding?
1) It gives me fitness goals that keep my health focused year after year
2) I'm stronger at 43 than any other time in my life
3) Getting asked time after time what I am using... "ummm ... nothing bro but thanks for asking."
4) When my kids run to me after I've competed and throw their arms around me
5) Unmasked gawking at the pool during the summer
6) Respect from other athletes
7) Joy of training
Romans 1:20

Charlys69

• Getbig III
2) I'm stronger at 43 than any other time in my life
7) Joy of training

Me, too.....

what i liked most is the fact that i have a "stable basis" in strength & Musclemass, and there is no crushdown
like many steroid-users will have after there cycles.

Tatyana

• Getbig III
Hey, I like nattie  ;D

Nattie Tattie, Nat Tat, sort of works, except I am not fond of having my name shortened

Being able to give advice to the young lads in the gym, and they know I must know what I am talking about, being a woman bigger arms and legs than them

Not having to worry about 'did I get away with it this time' (androgenic effects)

Knowing that off season I will look like a woman again

Knowing that everything I have done and learned about training and diet are things that I can do for life

x
x
x

T

AVBG

Hey, I like nattie  ;D

Nattie Tattie, Nat Tat, sort of works, except I am not fond of having my name shortened

Being able to give advice to the young lads in the gym, and they know I must know what I am talking about, being a woman bigger arms and legs than them

Not having to worry about 'did I get away with it this time' (androgenic effects)

Knowing that off season I will look like a woman again

Knowing that everything I have done and learned about training and diet are things that I can do for life

x
x
x

T

Great post Tatyana...welcome to our board.  :)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
1. Unlike steroid users you can take credit for your physique.  We all know guys that juice that know everything about training. Then when they go off for six months they look like they have never worked out in their life.  If you're natural your physique stays with you.  Ex juicers can give no explanation why they look like crap off the sauce but will take all the credit for their physique while on steroids.

2. Juicers are aggressive and confident while enjoying that extra androgen rush. When off they become depressed, anxious, nervous, and have an almost drug addicted need to do another cycle.  Training natural keeps your emotions on an even keel. 

3. Most long time users get into dealing too. The fear of getting arrested or having the door kicked in by eight heavily armed cops is non existent if your a natural. 

4. Most users after a couple of cycles can never go back to training natural because it seems like a waste of time.  I have been around the game long enough to see the guys that have cycled on and off for 10 years.  The majority give up on bodybuilding when they quit the game of juicing. Most of them quit because of financial, criminal or health problems.  Try to tell this to a physique monster who is 28 and has been juicing in cycles for 8 years.  They don't understand their own addiction.  There will come a time when they will. I have seen to many guys that have given up on education and getting a real career pursuing muscles from a syringe.

5. A natural bodybuilder doesn't have that fragile mental state that says I will risk health to look scary to other males and sexy to some females. 

6.  Lastly, physical culture for me is more than cosmetics.  It's function and that includes optimum health.  You can't say you are after health if you are sticking a syringe in your butt.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
regarding number 5. in oldtimer1s post...

bbing competition doesnt factor into normal life 'sary factor' neither does it the other way around. if u train just to look good on a beach, good for u, but others do it to have a bigger and better body than another man or woman in a competition. if u use drugs for it, so what. health problems will come about 20+ years later for most. no need to worry about them while ur young, which is when u should be making the most out of life.

trab

• Getbig V
 ::)  ;D

Seems all BBers, narurals or steroid users, share one thing - ALL CRAZY!  ;D

GoneAway

• Getbig V
nothing crazy about training, dieting and competing. people do that in a ton of other sports. thing about bbing is, people dont realise how seriously some ppl can take it, so they never see the desire in their eyes to be the best. the ones who complain and cant see it, are the ones who never improve past gaining a few kilos of muscle to be the 'athletic' looking guy u see everyday on the beach. not that there's anything wrong with that.