Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 989587 times)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #1325 on: September 05, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
$250K is a quarter of a million :P

Yes, bro, and each entity had that value at stake.

Seems pretty likely that one or more of the guys in the buyers' party had plans to take it all and split, and a cop found his final stand in life.

Myself, I'd be strongly inclined to believe this was an illegal money-funnel to beat all hell, and the deaths made it effectively impossible to deal with the event in any other way but to declare that it was some legitimate operation.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1326 on: September 07, 2013, 06:05:18 AM »
Yes, bro, and each entity had that value at stake.

Seems pretty likely that one or more of the guys in the buyers' party had plans to take it all and split, and a cop found his final stand in life.

Myself, I'd be strongly inclined to believe this was an illegal money-funnel to beat all hell, and the deaths made it effectively impossible to deal with the event in any other way but to declare that it was some legitimate operation.

Really?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1327 on: September 07, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
Really?

Let's put it this way: I would like to know what entity monitors the ultimate destruction of seized marijuana in this location, and the methods by which it, and by which the activities of the undercovers in this location, are monitored.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #1329 on: September 13, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/09/12/merced-police-policy-of-taking-injured-animals-to-shooting-range-comes-under-fire/#.UjKLgmTQ_v4.facebook

Ridiculous

We're to accept that an animal is suffering and "inconvenient" to move, at the same time we're to accept that the animal is to be transferred to a shooting range to be shot.

That's cop logic, for you.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1330 on: September 15, 2013, 05:18:15 AM »
Two bystanders shot and wounded by NYPD officers who opened fire on mentally disturbed suspect in crowded Times Square

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2420991/Times-Square-shooting-wounds-person-Saturday-night.html

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/15/justice/times-square-police-shooting/index.html

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Two officers fire three shots in an attempt to subdue an agitated man
They hit two women instead, who are hospitalized with injuries
The man is later taken to a hospital as "an emotionally disturbed person"

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1331 on: September 15, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »
Two bystanders shot and wounded by NYPD officers who opened fire on mentally disturbed suspect in crowded Times Square

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2420991/Times-Square-shooting-wounds-person-Saturday-night.html

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/15/justice/times-square-police-shooting/index.html

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Two officers fire three shots in an attempt to subdue an agitated man
They hit two women instead, who are hospitalized with injuries
The man is later taken to a hospital as "an emotionally disturbed person"

A fellow cop will assess the situation as an 'impartial expert' on the 'use of force'.

They will all be cleared of any wrong doing.

The message will be sent out that it's cool to open fire on people with Metro cards in crowded areas.

So predictith the Skip....09-15-2013

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1333 on: September 18, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1334 on: September 19, 2013, 09:32:48 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385926/War-veteran-John-Wrana-95-dies-police-shoot-Taser-bean-bag-rounds.html

From the article:

A 95-year-old world War II veteran died after being Tasered and hit with bean bag rounds by police for threatening care home staff - but his family insist he was killed unnecessarily.

Police say that John Wrana, who lived in a Chicago assisting living home, was brandishing his cane, a metal shoehorn and a knife before officers shocked him and hit him with bean bag rounds.

What a fucking joke... a 95-year old agitated at the prospect of being forced to undergo an operation gets upset and police are so afraid, they taser him and shoot him with beanbags?!?

What goes through those idiots' heads?!?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1336 on: September 24, 2013, 05:22:15 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1339 on: September 26, 2013, 01:52:28 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/26/keith-alexander-nsa_n_3998071.html

Sick  

Did you read what Dan Coats said? He's so frustrated that these programs which "have saved American lives" are getting a bum rap and so angry at us, who are not only "non-trusting" but aren't even open to being "convinced" as to those programs' integrity and worth. He is so exasperated with "a public that apparently doesn't want to be convinced" that all is well.

He also doesn't seem to think that hearings are needed, asking "what are we losing by having to go through this torturous exercise of having to get continuous feedback?" Yes... Congressional oversight is a torturous exercise! This is a Senator people!

And of course, let's not even talk about the irony of Diane Feinstein - one of the most fervent NSA loyalists - chairing the committee that oversees this. What a fucking joke.

The only two Senators with any credibility on the issue of surveillance in the post-Snowden era are Ron Wyden and Mark Udall.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1340 on: September 27, 2013, 07:00:38 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/politics/nsa-snooping/index.html?sr=fb092713nsalovers930a

And these pieces of shit in the Obama admn said it was all hypothetical remember? 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1341 on: September 29, 2013, 10:59:52 AM »
http://amarillo.com/news/2013-09-19/woman-sues-estelline-former-officers-over-cash-seizure

Another wrongful taking...but she's fighting back.  More power to her!

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1342 on: September 29, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
http://amarillo.com/news/2013-09-19/woman-sues-estelline-former-officers-over-cash-seizure

Another wrongful taking...but she's fighting back.  More power to her!

To his credit, the DA isn't pursuing bullshit charges. These practices ought to be banned, especially when it comes to seizing cash, a fact which Courts have taken judicial notice of multiple times, almost always contain trace amounts of drugs.

Also, the bullshit "I think I smell marijuana" nonsense needs to end.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1343 on: September 29, 2013, 04:25:44 PM »
To his credit, the DA isn't pursuing bullshit charges. These practices ought to be banned, especially when it comes to seizing cash, a fact which Courts have taken judicial notice of multiple times, almost always contain trace amounts of drugs.

Also, the bullshit "I think I smell marijuana" nonsense needs to end.

I posted one time about holding cops personally liable.  I think it would end a lot of this bullshit.  Needless to say...my idea didn't get much traction, lol.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1344 on: September 29, 2013, 06:38:04 PM »

I posted one time about holding cops personally liable.  I think it would end a lot of this bullshit.  Needless to say...my idea didn't get much traction, lol.

I agree they should be held liable, but it's not an easy problem to solve for a number of reasons.

First of all, even with clearly established penalties, the bad cops won't change. The good cops will simply avoid doing anything to avoid being penalized.

Secondly, it's can be hard to apply a clean standard to encounters that are, very often unclean.

Thirdly, even if that standard is worked out, you need a new agency to investigate and charge those cops who break the rules - an agency that isn't made of in touchable and incorruptible super-officers.

Lastly, we need people who will put their oath of office above camaraderie and friendship.

But I agree that we need change. We need DAs who will stand up to officers and police unions and investigate and charge officers who violate the rules. We need robust oversight from civilian boards. We need informed citizens who will vote out police chiefs that harbor corruption or don't deal with trouble officers. We need judges who will hold officers accountable for their behavior - inside and outside the Court.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1346 on: September 30, 2013, 08:03:15 PM »
http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/gang-atlantic-city-officers-brutally-beat-man-release-an-attack-dog-to-gnaw-on-his-neck

Wow... the brutality of that beating is shocking but the response from Chief Ernest Jubilee is even more shocking. He claims that he reviewed the video and "saw no reason to suspend or remove the officers from their regular duties."

That joke of a police chief ought to be kicked out of the office which he now holds, along with all those officers. They should lose their pensions and benefits and they should face criminal charges.

I'm curious what our resident officer will have to say about this video and the response from this incompetent piece of shit Chief.

Frankly, if their internal investigation clears them or gives them silly "slap on the wrist" penalties, they should be investigated by the FBI and prosecuted for violating the civil rights of this kid under the dual sovereign exception to double jeopardy for the actual beating.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1347 on: October 01, 2013, 06:19:20 PM »

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1348 on: October 02, 2013, 05:45:54 PM »
I agree they should be held liable, but it's not an easy problem to solve for a number of reasons.

First of all, even with clearly established penalties, the bad cops won't change. The good cops will simply avoid doing anything to avoid being penalized.

Secondly, it's can be hard to apply a clean standard to encounters that are, very often unclean.

Thirdly, even if that standard is worked out, you need a new agency to investigate and charge those cops who break the rules - an agency that isn't made of in touchable and incorruptible super-officers.

Lastly, we need people who will put their oath of office above camaraderie and friendship.

But I agree that we need change. We need DAs who will stand up to officers and police unions and investigate and charge officers who violate the rules. We need robust oversight from civilian boards. We need informed citizens who will vote out police chiefs that harbor corruption or don't deal with trouble officers. We need judges who will hold officers accountable for their behavior - inside and outside the Court.

Yeah, since the thread never went anywhere, I didn't get much into depth, but I agree that it must be a multi-pronged approach.  And we need to get more people involved in the political process.  Underlying everything is my staunch belief that an apathetic public is the biggest cause for this bullshit.